Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge:
East Asian mythology

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 25 (+2)
netn10 24 (+1)
dyd 21 (+2)
void_nothing 18 (+3)
bravelion83 13 (+2)
Pygyzy 9
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Saints
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Saint Elenda, the First Vampire 1wwb
Legendary Creature — Vampire Knight (M)
Lifelink
Saint Elenda's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creatures you control that are Vampires or have lifelink.
Whenever a creatures you control phases in, it becomes also a Vampire. If it doesn't have lifelink, put a lifelink counter on it.
: Target creature phases out. This ability costs {1} less to activate for each creature that died this turn.
: Target creature you control phases out.
*/*

IIW: phase out (but not just "phasing")
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Saint Traft 3WU
Creature — Human Cleric (M)
Protection from black, red, and green
When Saint Traft enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with haste, flying, "This creature attacks each combat if able", and "At end of combat, if this creature attacked this turn, exile this creature."
When Saint Traft dies, create a 2/2 white and blue Spirit creature token with flying.
2/2

IIW: flashback
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, dyd

Saint Bayul of Selesnya GGWW
Legendary Creature - Loxodon Cleric (Rare)
Vigilance, lifelink
T: The next spell you cast this turn has convoke. Add G or W.
His forehead was adorned by a huge green gem that allowed him to communicate with the Conclave. Because of it, Bayul became a target of an assassination attempt, performed by a suicidal Rakdos goblin, schemed by Savra and Szadek
3/3

IIW: New Selesnya mechanic
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Apparition of the Saints 2WWBB
Legendary Creature - Spirit Cleric (R)
When Saint's Apparition enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a non-Legendary, non-Spirit Cleric creature card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. If you do, shuffle.
Miracle (W/B) (You may cast this card for its miracle cost if it's the first card you drew this turn.)
4/5

IIW: a card named "One for the Road"
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Saint Gambalg the Swordsman 4RW
Legendary Creature - Dwarf Knight (R)
First strike, trample, ward 1
Whenever Saint Gambalg's ward cost is paid, draw a card.
Whenever Saint Gambalg attacks, exile each creature with power 4 or greater defending player controls, then return those creatures to the battlefield blocking Saint Gambalg. (This can cause a creature that normally could not block Saint Gambalg to block Saint Gambalg.)
6/5

IIW: Nonblack necromancy
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Dyd, jovialjovian

God of Heaven WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Elemental God (M)
1: God of Heaven phases in from your graveyard or exile.
Whenever a player casts a spell, that player copies that spell.
As long as your devotion to each color is three, you control copies of spells.
God of Heaven has power and toughness equal to your devotion to all colors.
*/*
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I know phasing doesn't work that way but I took some liberty with the rules. Just imagine that it works the way you think it does.
Iiw: Gods and Devils
Last edited by Pygyzy 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Fierce Kinnari WW
Creature - Human Bird Warrior (Rare)
Flash
Whenever Fierce Kinnari enters the battlefield, it gains flying and double strike until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Cats and dogs tribal.

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Tiger Aunt 1br
Creature - Spirit Cat Warlock
Tiger Aunt enters the battlefield under the control of a player of your choice.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a creature chosen at random other than Tiger Aunt and put a +1/+1 counter on Tiger Aunt. If you didn't sacrifice a creature this way, sacrifice Tiger Aunt and it deals damage to you equal to its power.
2/2

Reference: https://islandfolklore.com/tiger-aunt/

IIW: Minions (the yellow variety)

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Kami of Wasted Knowledge 2U
Creature — Spirit (R)
1U: Draw a card, then discard a card. Activate this ability only during your turn and only once each turn.
Whenever a card is put into your graveyard from anywhere, Kami of Wasted Knowledge gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: investigate
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: dyd, netn10

Konda, Jiangshi of Eiganjo 2WWW
Legendary Creature - Vampire
Whenever a creature dealt combat damage by Konda, Jiangshi of Eiganjo this turn dies, choose bushido, first strike, indestructible, lifelink, or vigilance and put a counter of that type on Kinda.
4/4

IIW: a card named "One for the Road"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Dokkaebi Hermit 3GG
Creature - Goblin Spirit Monk (R)
Grapple, seize, haste (A creature with grapple can't be blocked by more than one creature. A creature with seize must be blocked if able.)
U: Dokkaebi Hermit gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
R: Dokkaebi Hermit gets +1/-1 until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Alternate payments
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”