Revolt Question

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Does Revolt go on the stack and check if its condition is true when it resolves or does it need to be true to go on the stack? As an example, if I have Renegade Rallier entering play and I want to use Livio, Oathsworn Sentinel to flicker it, would that satisfy revolt or would I have to satisfy the Revolt requirements before it would go on the stack?

I get the feeling that I have to meet the requirement for it to go on the stack and target but I just wanted to verify and understand how the mechanic worked.

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 3 years ago
In the Rallier's case (I think most ETB triggers for Revolt are the same, but some may not be), it has an "intervening if" clause. This means that the trigger condition must be true to trigger in the first place and must be true when it goes to resolve. Now, in this case, if it is true to trigger it is certainly going to be true when it goes to resolve.

But this also means that if the Rallier is entering, and nothing else has left yet, there won't be a trigger at all so there will be nothing to respond to. You would have to use Livio to exile something else first (or some other way to get something to leave the field) before Rallier enters if you want the trigger.
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

WizardMN
Answers: 128
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

In the Rallier's case (I think most ETB triggers for Revolt are the same, but some may not be), it has an "intervening if" clause. This means that the trigger condition must be true to trigger in the first place and must be true when it goes to resolve. Now, in this case, if it is true to trigger it is certainly going to be true when it goes to resolve.

But this also means that if the Rallier is entering, and nothing else has left yet, there won't be a trigger at all so there will be nothing to respond to. You would have to use Livio to exile something else first (or some other way to get something to leave the field) before Rallier enters if you want the trigger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”