The CCL Discussion Thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

July's CCL is getting a late start and June has been very delayed, but that will all be fixed tomorrow. In the meantime, please vote in May's final poll!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

July's Round 1 is open and everyone is welcome to play!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Just a courtesy reminder that if you are tagged in June's Top 5 thread to please enter at your convenience!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

July's round 2 is now open, and everyone is free to play, regardless of whether or not they posted in round 1!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

With the current month ending in a little over a week, would anyone like to host the August CCL?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

August's CCL round 1 is now open, and absolutely anyone can enter!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Congratulations once again to June's CCL winner @MonoRedMage! Also a reminder to all that August's round 1 is still open.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Congratulations once again to @Subject16 for winning July!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

By the way, did anyone catch what July's mystery theme was?

EDIT: It was famous villainous movie quotes!

Round 1: "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"
Round 2: "No, I am your father!"
Top 5: "The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good."
Finals: "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Is anyone interested in hosting the September CCL?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Putting out the call once more for a volunteer to host September's CCL. Even if you've never done so before, I'm happy to help you do so!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

September's CCL round 1 is open to all entrants!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

September's CCL round 2 is open, and everyone is free to play regardless of whether or not they played in the first round!

AnotherAlias
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by AnotherAlias » 8 months ago

@Komandon Your cards do not fit within the challenge. Both Construct and Thopter are creature subtypes. The challenge says "Three different card types" and the clarifications state "For example, you could make cards that care about one land type, one creature type, and one artifact type." Just a heads up.

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 7 months ago

Oh. Ok. That actually would be easier then. So types the only for individual main types count. Such as Vehicles, Auras, and Swamps.
I'm assuming a Planewalkers subtype like Jace counts. What about Curses. Since those only are on auras.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 7 months ago

Looking for a volunteer to host the October CCL! Even if you've never done so before, I can give you easy instructions on how to run the contest - just post here if you are interested and PM me with any questions.

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 7 months ago

@void_nothing "partner with" is allowed, yes?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

AnotherAlias wrote:
7 months ago
@void_nothing "partner with" is allowed, yes?
Sure, that is essentially a kind of mirrored pair and fits the spirit of the challenge.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

October's CCL is now open, and anyone can participate!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

October's Round 2 is available, and you may enter even if you didn't participate in the first round!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

If anyone is interested in hosting the November CCL, please let me know!

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 6 months ago

@marioguy3 You say that it's quite a bit of work to get a counter on the creature -- but you can outlast even while the land is not animated. (At least, that was my intent.) The idea is that you would build up a few counters first, and only start swinging once you had a couple of counters on it, probably.
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 6 months ago

@CunningGabe I'm not sure this card is feasible with the rules as currently printed. There is no noncreature card with outlast, and there isn't anything that indicates outlast could be printed on noncreatures (That I've seen. I could be wrong.)
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Congratulations again to @netn10 for winning the September CCL!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”