Queen Kayla - Norin Soul Sisters

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 month ago

I am merging a few ideas together here. I really wanted to find a deck where I could jam a bunch of Rule of Law effects together as a lot of players I play against push hard on chaining spells repeatedly and given my commander I end to rely more on just activating my commander. The other was that I realized that a lot of the package of a Norin the Wary Soul's Attendant package fit within the bounds of a 3cmc or less payoff.

I am still sort of poking at this idea from a strictly theoretical standpoint but I figured I would put it out here and see if anyone had comments. I stole the landbase from a previous boros deck so I don't know how much I care about doing Field of the Dead so that might go yet.

Decklist

COMMANDER (1)

PLANESWALKER (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

CONSIDERING:
Decanter of Endless Water - Max hand size and producing mana seems good but my 3cmc stuff is more filled in which is why I am less sure.
Trinisphere - I am running a few cards with similar design already. Its a thought.
Impassioned Orator - I think its mostly worse than the other versions I am already running but its another copy.
Crucible of Worlds - It lets me play lands without depleting my hand. Its card advantage I suppose and it can help keep important lands in play but its also less impressive without a must keep alive land or additional land drops accessible by green.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Chromaticus
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chromaticus » 1 month ago

Looks absolutely sweet! I think you might still want Winota, Joiner of Forces in the mix, since there's so much overlap from your last list.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 month ago

Chromaticus wrote:
1 month ago
Looks absolutely sweet! I think you might still want Winota, Joiner of Forces in the mix, since there's so much overlap from your last list.
Sorry been sick lately. I think Winota, Joiner of Forces has some overlap but my concern offhand would be that I don't have a great human to non human ratio and I also don't have a lot of evasive non humans.

I was kind of mulling over the idea of adding Preston, the Vanisher though considering how my commander puts them into play it could be amusing and it would also be double Norin ETBs.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 weeks ago

Ok, just an update for anyone interested but I am retiring this one. It is and was fun but my problem is it just gets blown out way hard by sweepers. I did manage to stall a game out to be like 2.5 hours and I always felt like I was doing things right up until someone blew me out and the reset was just too damn long. I also kept finding the rez effects at the wrong time and having to wheel them off. I did once get a 60/60 Elenda's Hierophant but somehow couldn't kill people due to blockers and inflated life totals lol. The deck is cool it just takes a hell of a lot of setup to get wrathed is my general feel right now. I wish there was more protection from sweepers but even if and when you get something like Selfless Spirit it feels like it maybe stops like half of sweepers these days if that so I am just kind of off of it for now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”