Yes, Say it With Me...Life Matters

Boros_Blendo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Boros_Blendo » 2 months ago

Life has been maligned as an unnecessary annoyance by so many spike players over the years, I wish I got paid a buck everytime I heard it. It's almost like it's a resource you should feel dirty about using. I remember for years that red burn and Necropotence players have said "the only important life you have is the last one", or some such thing. And yet, there's been a lot of fun innovation to using life since those early days. Whether something exotic like Aetherflux Reservoir or less splashy stuff, there is one guild that really digs into life matters, that being of course Selesnya. The deck I'm posting is block Forgotten Realms, and Selesnya is one of the two strongest guilds from that set. I then upgraded it a bit with Baldur's Gate set cards. This particular lineup works well for 1v1 and smaller team games.

There are many, many life matters themes I've seen even without food tokens, so please share what life matters things you use. Cheers!

W/G D&D

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 1 month ago

Have you considered the cards that win you the game when you've reached a certain life total?

Also, there's a "pro-choice" joke in here, somewhere.

Boros_Blendo

Post by Boros_Blendo » 1 month ago

If I was going to go for life total wins, I'd put in Ghostly Prison effects and shift everything. Instead, I'm using lifegain to create space to outpace my losses to swing aggro and pump my side with counters.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 month ago

See I thought the joke was going to be something to do with blm.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Boros_Blendo

Post by Boros_Blendo » 1 month ago

Dunadain wrote:
1 month ago
See I thought the joke was going to be something to do with blm.
Nope, you all got me wrong. Life Matters, Token Matters, Mana Matters, Enchantment Matters, Artifact Matters, etc. Nothing political or religious on these boards for me! :party:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”