Non-staxy color hosers

Ertai Planeswalker
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 1 year ago

I'm theorycrafting a deck revolving around Mind Bend and Magical Hack etc. I'm looking for good cards to hack the color or land type on for this deck A lot of the old hosers are really, really staxy though and I don't want too completely lock people out of the game. But there must be some good cards that will give me a significant advantage whilst still allowing the game to be played. My first thought is going Bant so I can use Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth along Karma and Stern Judge as well as Yavimaya, Cradle of Growth with Lifetap and Roots of Life.

Do you have any suggestions for color hosers that don't break the game in half?

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 1 year ago

Compost, Insight, and Carpet of Flowers are more about rewarding you for your opponent's colors than crippling your opponents. These are honestly strong enough that you barely need to hack to get value (and that's known of Carpet, hence the price tag)

The same is true for Warmth, Roots of Life, Lifeblood, Snake Pit, but that's probably a bit too weak for what you're trying to do.

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 1 year ago

Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

In bant you get fun tools such as Knight of the Reliquary and Retreat to Coralhelm with Yavimaya which means you can empty your deck of lands and get that many search triggers, landfall triggers and land death triggers.

You also with Urborg get access to Viscerid Drone which is kinda stupid but no one would expect it.

I know the stax cards are trying to be avoided but I LOVE playing Nature's Wrath with an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth in my Kogla Deck.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Ertai Planeswalker

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 1 year ago

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”