Feather Sneak and Raise

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

https://deckbox.org/sets/3039325

What This?

This is a shamelessly pilfered shell of @Rumpy5897's Feather deck, made worse in almost every way in order to shoehorn a small, underpowered reanimator package, and cutting enough ramp to be low enough powered for my meta.

I've had this deck on my mind for quite some time, and this his a serious draft. The idea is to circumvent the need for big mana artifacts by sneaking in some giant fatties and blinking them. We achieve velocity to ensure we hit Feather, the Redeemed spells and can chunk our fatties in the bin if we don't want them now with a suite of red looting spells. We don't play any real mana rocks because when you jam this many poorly supported strategies in one deck something has to give.

Packages

We have the standard feather 1 and 2 drop cantrip packages with slow and fast blinks and protection spells
We have the feather cast bros, but only the ones that make cards/velocity not the ones that actually win the game.
We have the Dualcaster Mage + Twinflame combo.

We have Pyroblast to be super cute with Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty and Storm-Kiln Artist. They aren't blue.

We have fatties! but not that many and how do we even find them? Why these? Who knows. I guess we can blink Bedlam Reveler 7 times while no one disrupts us.

We have the Sneak Attack package...there sure aren't very many of these effects.
We have Emeria, the Sky Ruin because this deck is going to take a while to win.

And we have some removal spells.

This thing is kind of a disaster. It might be better to just play some mana rocks and cast some fatties instead of trying to be cute.

Maybe I can use sneak+blink as an instant way to ramp with Stoic Farmer
Last edited by pokken 2 years ago, edited 10 times in total.

Tags:

pokken

I finally got around to building this and find I am short of copies of Land Tax and Emeria, the Sky Ruin and Sensei's Divining Top and that's pretty annoying. I need to probably stop building the same Wx shell at some point ;)

I wound up retooling this quite a bit as I realized that the Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker combo goes super well with sneak attack...you can put both pieces in the bin and just Sneak Attack a Reveillark out and go ham. If I have Sneak Attack and Imperial Recruiter I can go off for RRR give or take (sneak recruiter, get kiki, sneak kiki, copy recruiter, get Felidar Guardian, sneak Felidar Guardian).

Obviously I need to fish up another copy of Enlightened Tutor as well (oof). Guess I'll probably snag that out of Breena since she has minimal real use for it.

Also debating adding Academy Rector since I can Reckless Rage or Pyrokinesis it - probably need one more payoff enchantment for that to work well.

list of cards I wanted to run but am out of:
I went ahead and proxied emeria since I'll def pick one up, but the others I might just skip despite my proclivities

And I need to find a Combat Celebrant so I can combo off with Recruiter of the Guard as well

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 2 years ago

Have you thought of running Mavinda, Students' Advocate?
I just had it in hand today and it feel like a perfect match for mid-late game Feather, the Redeemed situations, to refuel from the yard.

pokken

Toshi wrote:
2 years ago
Have you thought of running Mavinda, Students' Advocate?
I just had it in hand today and it feel like a perfect match for mid-late game Feather, the Redeemed situations, to refuel from the yard.
Mavinda is interesting. I think it's *probably* better than Goblin Dark-Dwellers a large portion of the time but it loses a lot of utility if I want to dark dwellers a Pyroblast on someone else's permanent or I want to get any of my looting spells or wheel etc. Overall I think dwellers is a bit more flexibl? But mavinda being cheaper and easier to find is nice.

Will definitely give it some thought.

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

I know our decks are fairly different, but being able to use Mavinda each turn means that the pyroblast example could have returned the card on a previous turn. My play pattern is, when I can, spending mana to recur the cards to hand for future use.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

pokken

Crazy Monkey wrote:
2 years ago
I know our decks are fairly different, but being able to use Mavinda each turn means that the pyroblast example could have returned the card on a previous turn. My play pattern is, when I can, spending mana to recur the cards to hand for future use.
I can think of issues with that but overall it seems good, 1 mana discount at the cost of waiting until next step.

pokken

This deck is just too slow for my meta. I am going to try tuning it up and just making it recruiter engine kiki combo I think. It's a shame my meta is so brutally fast now that you can't really just curve out. Turn 4 is the critical turn most games.

I played this deck and got to do some decent stuff but I missed a land drop and died. (Womp womp). I had a pretty good line on sticking the Twinflame combo but I was literally dead on turn 5 to being dragonated. Have I mentioned I am tired of Hellkite Courser?

pokken

This deck got to do its thing today; set up Feather, the Redeemed + Dockside Extortionist + Eerie Interlude + Recruiter of the Guard and won in a single turn cycle where I made 15 or so treasures, tutored for Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker and Imperial Recruiter and Felidar Guardian.

The Tormenting Voice Faithless Looting was really solid, digging me into plenty of lands and Recruiter of the Guard +Eerie Interlude which got the party started.

The reanimator package predictably did jack %$#% as usual as I took 20 or so from Dragons before killing the table and never really saw a fatty to discard, just not really possible to keep the ratio of them high enough.

Thinking I might take all the nonsense fatties out and replace them with better cards, as I like so many things about Feather in general :p

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Post by Crazy Monkey » 2 years ago

It seems that you're getting attacked a lot; so I'll make some comments on cards I've had success with. My build is more for a build more focused on control combats, so they might not exactly fit your game plan.

I have had a lot of success with Martyrdom redirecting damage to creatures. Additionally Arcbond is a great rattlesnake card to turn blocking into global damage and board wipes. My playgroup knowing I have those makes it rare for large creatures to attack me, whether it's voltron or multiple large creatures. If you can combine those with something like Blacksmith's Skill, any damage dealt can immediately chain into winning, but they're still solid damage control effects. There is also Gideon's Sacrifice (which feather doesn't recur), and Intimidation Bolt for preventing combats.

It's more of a situational circumstance, but if you can fit Blessed Breath as a source of protection, then you can splice it onto Otherworldly Journey to blank a large single attacker (while feather buybacks the spell). I use it as a splice carrier with journey and Ethereal Haze for combat control.

Based on my understanding of what you're trying to do with the deck, and what metagame it faces, maybe Arcbond over Chandra's Ignition to punish attacking you? Maybe Blessed Breath over Apostle's Blessing for arcane tomfoolery? I'm not sure what it could replace, but I can't recommend Martyrdom enough.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

pokken

I had a hilarious game with this the other day. Vs some random decks and my buddy on mono blue braids.

My opening hand is two lands loyal warhound Kiki jiki felidar guardian and faithless looting. Can't remember the last.

I top deck karmic guide. Loot away Kiki and felidar. Turn four comes and braids drops braids. I untap turn four and do what you'd expect. Everyone's tapped out and dies.

I ducked out and let them finish the game :P

pokken

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

This is still weirdly one of my favorite decks. I've made quite a few updates. It's fairly consistent, a bit slower than the progenitor list but quite a bit more resilient to artifact sweepers. Loyal Warhound is such a beast :P

Most games still revolve around getting Dockside Extortionist out and blinking it, but on the occasion I go off with the other mana engine creatures as well.

Need more blinks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”