NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Terra Form G
Creature- Elemental Shapeshifter (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have Terra Form become a copy of target basic land until the beginning of your next turn.
1/1

IIW: Threes

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Inconnu Traceshifter -- 1UB
Artifact - Equipment
Biomorphic (As this enters the batlefield, create a 1/1 blue Shapeshifter creature with changeling and attach this to it.)
Equipped creature has simple. (Its abilities can only be activated or triggered once each turn.)
Equipped creature has "B: This creature gets -1/-1 and target kindred creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn" and "BB: This creature gets +1/+1 and target kindred creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn."
Equip U
"Kindred creature" is my own shortening of "target creature that shares a creature type with this creature."
IIW: Sunlight, moonlight or starlight

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Impious Prankster
2{B}
Creature - Shapeshifter (C)
Changeling
Flying
Whenever another creature dies, Impious Prankster gets +1/+1 until end of turn. This ability triggers only once per turn.
1/2
The imps eagerly accepted the changeling once they realized his potential for malicious mischief.

Velis the Variable
{W}{U}{B}{R}{G}
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter {M}
Changeling
Spells you cast with changeling have cascade.
Whenever a permanent with changeling enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Other creatures you control with changeling get +1/+1 and have ward {2}.
6/6
Velis Vil has awakened.

IIW: Card for a very strange Jumpstart pack theme
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

Doppelganger's Prison 3WU
Artifact - Equipment
When Doppelganger's Prison enters the battlefield, if it was cast, create a token that's a copy of target creature, then attach Doppelganger's Prison to that token.
Whenever Doppelganger's Prison is attached to a creature, exile all other creatures with the same name as equipped creature until that creature leaves the battlefield.
Equip 2WU
"Perhaps my fears for my sister's new husband were uncalled for. She visited us for the first time in years with no change outside of that beautiful sapphire necklace,"
—Katerina, seamstress

Folding Shapestealer 3UU
Artifact Creature - Shapeshifter
Soulshift 2
At the beginning of each postcombat main phase, you may have Folding Shapestealer become a copy of a creature that dealt combat damage to it this turn.
To the ninja's horror, the kami of the machine rebuilt itself with his face.
2/5

Uncanny Valley
Land
Uncanny Valley enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add U.
1UU: Create a tapped 1/1 colorless Shapeshifter creature token with changeling. Activate only once per turn and only if an opponent controls more creatures than you.
3UU, , Sacrifice a creature with changeling: Create a token that's a copy of target creature except it's a Shapeshifter with all creature types in a addition to its other types.
The unfamiliar, made familiar.

Next: ally-color partners (regular partner, not partner with)
Last edited by lookingupanddown 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

i just moved so I'm a little MIA but I'll judge tomorrow.
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Levin wrote:
1 year ago
Atroidus, Unbound Existence9
Legendary Creature – Shapeshifter (M)
Changeling
As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Activated abilities of creatures of that creature type cost cwubrg less to activate. This effect reduces only the amount of colored and colorless mana you pay.
Whenever you activate or trigger an ability of an ability of a creature of the chosen type, you may pay 1. If you do, copy it and you may choose new targets for the copy.
7/7
IIW: Mass edicts
My instincts say "no way." But it does cost nine. Please know that this *will* enable infinite combos if it enters the battlefield (perhaps fewer than one might expect at first blush, but there are plenty even when we consider the creature type restriction). I might consider restricting the reduction in some way to avoid the degeneracy, since I doubt most opponents will have fun when this shows up.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Mistform Ultimaximus 3U
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter (M)
Changeling
For each ability on another permanent you control, if that ability refers to a single non-shapeshifter creature type, Mistform Ultimaximus has that ability, except it refers to shapeshifters instead.
3/3

iiW:Wii
I'm sure there's a reason you wouldn't want to keep the ability using the same creature type (Ezuri, Renegade Leader was the first thing that came to mind, though this is really only valuable with tap abilities). We're in Acorn territory here, regardless.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Terra Form G
Creature- Elemental Shapeshifter (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may have Terra Form become a copy of target basic land until the beginning of your next turn.
1/1

I like this, I think. There's enough weakpoints here that it's not just a 1-mana rampant growth. Needs playtesting, I suppose, but if it's closer to Llanowar Elves it's probably OK. Though, wait, they don't print that guy anymore, right?
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Inconnu Traceshifter -- 1UB
Artifact - Equipment
Biomorphic (As this enters the batlefield, create a 1/1 blue Shapeshifter creature with changeling and attach this to it.)
Equipped creature has simple. (Its abilities can only be activated or triggered once each turn.)
Equipped creature has "B: This creature gets -1/-1 and target kindred creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn" and "BB: This creature gets +1/+1 and target kindred creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn."
Equip U
"Kindred creature" is my own shortening of "target creature that shares a creature type with this creature."
IIW: Sunlight, moonlight or starlight
Lots of new keywords and jargon here. Is the use of Simple just to save space on the two activated abilities it grants? I like the potential implications for Biomorphic in a tribal set. If changelings are largely restricted to these 1/1 tokens... Could be fun to balance that.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Impious Prankster 2{B}
Creature - Shapeshifter (C)
Changeling
Flying
Whenever another creature dies, Impious Prankster gets +1/+1 until end of turn. This ability triggers only once per turn.
1/2
The imps eagerly accepted the changeling once they realized his potential for malicious mischief.

Velis the Variable {W}{U}{B}{R}{G}
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter {M}
Changeling
Spells you cast with changeling have cascade.
Whenever a permanent with changeling enters the battlefield under your control, you may draw a card.
Other creatures you control with changeling get +1/+1 and have ward {2}.
6/6
Velis Vil has awakened.

I forgot until now that my prompt was shapeshifters. I almost asked why we had so much changeling... been distracted by moving. Anyway, I think the Imp could get buffed a bit. Velis... I wish this did something other than cascade + drawing cards. That's SO MUCH card advantage that I think you snowball after the first time you trigger it.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Doppelganger's Prison 3WU
Artifact - Equipment
When Doppelganger's Prison enters the battlefield, if it was cast, create a token that's a copy of target creature, then attach Doppelganger's Prison to that token.
Whenever Doppelganger's Prison is attached to a creature, exile all other creatures with the same name as equipped creature until that creature leaves the battlefield.
Equip 2WU
"Perhaps my fears for my sister's new husband were uncalled for. She visited us for the first time in years with no change outside of that beautiful sapphire necklace,"
—Katerina, seamstress

Folding Shapestealer 3UU
Artifact Creature - Shapeshifter
Soulshift 2
At the beginning of each postcombat main phase, you may have Folding Shapestealer become a copy of a creature that dealt combat damage to it this turn.
To the ninja's horror, the kami of the machine rebuilt itself with his face.
2/5

Uncanny Valley
Land
Uncanny Valley enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add U.
1UU: Create a tapped 1/1 colorless Shapeshifter creature token with changeling. Activate only once per turn and only if an opponent controls more creatures than you.
3UU, , Sacrifice a creature with changeling: Create a token that's a copy of target creature except it's a Shapeshifter with all creature types in a addition to its other types.
The unfamiliar, made familiar.

"fixed" Fractured Identity here is interesting. It does generate a puzzle: How often do you get value out of that equip ability? Your next two cards help solve that puzzle. I have to talk about Shapestealer's flavor. An artifact creature with soulshift? Interesting stuff here. Valley is of course a ton of power on a land. Both make cards with the names of your opponents creatures that you can then imprison. Fun.

Winner: lookingupanddown
MEG

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Valesh, Fauna Caller 2G
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid (M)
Partner
If you attacked with a mono-white commander this turn, you may look at the top card of your library any time, and you may cast the top card of your library if it's a creature card.
3/3

Serala, Chorus Harmonizer 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (M)
Partner
If you attacked with a mono-green commander this turn, creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
2/3

IIW:WII

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Sziverett, the Arsonist 1R
Legendary Creature- Devil
Partner
You may discard cards from your command zone as though they were in your hand. (You can only do this if Sziverett is on the battlefield.)
1,T, Discard a card: Sziverett deals 1 damage to any target. Draw a card.
1/3

The Kazara Kudzu 2GG
Legendary Creature- Plant
Partner
Trample
3GG: Put The Kazara Kudzu from any zone other than your library onto the battlefield. Activate this ability no more than once each turn no matter what zone The Kazara Kudzu enters.
4/1

Levin
Pronoun: any/all

Post by Levin » 1 year ago

It's not supposed to drop generic costs, but yeah, I could see how it could be broken.
A terrible name maker. Suggest names for my creations in PMs.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Tawris, Hellknight
1{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Devil Knight (U)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may sacrifice another creature or land. If you do, you draw a card and create a Treasure token.
Partner
3/2

Pelris Mistmane
1{W}{U}
Legendary Creature - Hippogriff (U)
Flying
Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, detain up to one target nonland permanent.
Partner
2/3

lookingupanddown

Judging once I get home in a few hours. Get those last entries in.

lookingupanddown

The key to making a good non-broken partner is to make half a card. Let's see how many halves each entry actually is.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Valesh, Fauna Caller 2G
Legendary Creature - Elf Druid (M)
Partner
If you attacked with a mono-white commander this turn, you may look at the top card of your library any time, and you may cast the top card of your library if it's a creature card.
3/3

Serala, Chorus Harmonizer 1W
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (M)
Partner
If you attacked with a mono-green commander this turn, creature spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
2/3

IIW:WII
Not sure if mono-white or mono-green are words that card work in the rules (it just says monocolored and multicolored), but for this I'd just assume yes. These feel like a fairer Pako and Haldan, with more focus on the Haldan side if partnered together. Valesh feels like it could just be a weird standalone lieutenant, in that it both feels like it doesn't do much and yet still too much to be "half a card". Serala seems like the more balanced of the two, but I swear that ability is red.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Sziverett, the Arsonist 1R
Legendary Creature- Devil
Partner
You may discard cards from your command zone as though they were in your hand. (You can only do this if Sziverett is on the battlefield.)
1,T, Discard a card: Sziverett deals 1 damage to any target. Draw a card.
1/3

The Kazara Kudzu 2GG
Legendary Creature- Plant
Partner
Trample
3GG: Put The Kazara Kudzu from any zone other than your library onto the battlefield. Activate this ability no more than once each turn no matter what zone The Kazara Kudzu enters.
4/1

Sziverett leans into its partner status hard. That being said, it does feel like half a card, even with ping attached to its rummaging. The Kazara Kudzu plays a very dangerous line in reanimation/casting from the command zone (flavor win for kudzu representation), so I hope that once each turn line holds it back enough. If it wasn't for the base cost, I could see it as its own card without partner.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Tawris, Hellknight
1{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Devil Knight (U)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may sacrifice another creature or land. If you do, you draw a card and create a Treasure token.
Partner
3/2

Pelris Mistmane
1{W}{U}
Legendary Creature - Hippogriff (U)
Flying
Whenever you cast your second spell each turn, detain up to one target nonland permanent.
Partner
2/3

Oh look, two-color partners. Both do feel as the appropriate power as uncommon legends and partner legends. Tawris asks for the accompanying partner to either care about death triggers or creatures/lands in graveyards, but does feel like it needs a playtest check to see if that Treasure token needs to ETB tapped or not. Pelris is repeated removal, but feels like it'll be stronger in Limited than in most Commander games with the snowbally board presences across multiple players. It could be a standalone card, but not in Commander.

Winner: Sporegorger_Dragon for Pelris Mistmane
Next: Card for a very strange Jumpstart pack theme

Sporegorger_Dragon

Welp, I finally did it.

24 hours without an entry.

The excitement of March of the Machine spoilers was simply too great.

So, I declare myself the winner!

Let's try something influenced by recent spoilers:

A tri-colored Legendary formed by two Legendaries teaming up (like Slimefoot and Squee)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Uhhhhhhhhh
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Juancu

I was developing:

Whenever you choose, gain 1 life (targets, votes, or effects that prompt you to choose.)

All right, I'm going over the top

Emrakul and Nicol Bolas UUCCCBBBRR
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Elder Dragon (M)
Player (This creature is a player that takes turns after yours, and can't lose. You control its turns.)
When you cast Emrakul and Nicol Bolas, or it attacks, exile the top three cards from each player's library.
On its turns, Emrakul and Nicol Bolas may cast up to three cards exiled by itself, without paying their mana costs.
9/15

IIW: prime
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Well that's different. Keep in mind it is a long weekend for a lot of people, so the forums are a little quiet overall
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

We needed an alternate prompt anyway, the previous clearly wasn't doing it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Emrakul and Nicol Bolas UUCCCBBBRR
Legendary Creature - Eldrazi Elder Dragon (M)
Player (This creature is a player that takes turns after yours, and can't lose. You control its turns.)
When you cast Emrakul and Nicol Bolas, or it attacks, exile the top three cards from each player's library.
On its turns, Emrakul and Nicol Bolas may cast up to three cards exiled by itself, without paying their mana costs.
9/15
>Is Emrakul, who has flying, and an elder dragon
>Does not have flying

:thinking:

Sporegorger_Dragon

To expedite this, instead of waiting for another 24 hours, I'll judge this after I wake up tomorrow, in around 12 hours.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

I suppose I'll go less over the top

Sigarda and Emeria 1CGWW
Legendary Creature - Angel Illusion (M)
Flash
When you cast this spell, permanents you control have hexproof and indestructible until the end of your next turn. (Including permanents that enter the battlefield after this is cast.)
Flying, ward 3
"I don't think I'll ever understand her, but it seems she cares."
-Sigarda, guardian angel

4/4

IIW: Cross plane interactions
Last edited by Ink-Treader 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Well that's different. Keep in mind it is a long weekend for a lot of people, so the forums are a little quiet overall
It does seem overall slower these days
MEG

Juancu

Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar and X URB
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard Spy (M)
Tokens can exist in player's hands, cost 2 to cast, and remain revealed while in a player's hand.
Whenever Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar and X enters the battlefield or attacks, put a Food token on target opponent's hand. As long as it remains there, other spells that player casts cost 1 more to cast.
Whenever a player casts a food, draw a card.
3/3

Megiddo
MEG

Vannifar and Melek 3GUR
Legendary Creature — Elf Ooze Weird Wizard {M}
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, if the top card of your library is a creature card, you may put that card onto the battlefield.
4/8

art would be vannifar wearing melek like a suit? she's got ooze, he is ooze. match made in heaven.

IIW: Do this same challenge again
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
art would be vannifar wearing melek like a suit? she's got ooze, he is ooze. match made in heaven.
Yargle and Multani look pretty poppin with this fit

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Svella and Iskene, Artisans of Ice 1URG
Legendary Snow Creature - Human Troll
Whenever a nontoken snow permanent enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay two mana of different colors. if you do, create a colorless snow artifact token named Icy Manalith with "{T}: Add one mana of any color."
WUBRG, Sacrifice an Icy Manalith: Look at the top five cards of your library. You may cast a spell from among them without paying its mana cost. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
1S: Regenerate Svella and Iskene, Artisans of Ice.
2/4

IIW: Legendary creature partners of the past
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”