NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Bribed Judge 1B
Creature - Human Advisor (R)
Ward - Pay 3 life
If the game would end in a draw, you win the game instead.
"He's got the best hair!"
1/3

IIW: Landfall

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Judging in 2-3 hours

Juancu

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Living Bowtie
1{U}
Artifact Creature - Equipment Faerie (C)
Flying
Whenever Living Bowtie or equipped creature attacks, untap target permanent.
Configure {2}
1/1

Tie Up Loose Ends
2{U}{U}
Sorcery (U)
End the turn.
Is this a non-repeatable version of reconfigure?
Great art flavor. On tapping, although faeries typically tap, I don't see why my bowtie taps you. I'd expect it give me flying, or curiosity, or something.
On Tie up, Discontinuty has this beat by a mile.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Industrious Spouses 1G
Creature- Human Peasant (U)
Homebond (You may pair this creature with an unpaired land when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.)
As long as Industrious Spouses is paired with a land, that land has "T: Add CC" and "T: Add one mana of any color". Activate these abilities only if Industrious Spouses hasn't been paired with another land this turn.
"You mended the roof and painted the door? Good. I finished the weeding and sharpened the tools. Goodnight!"
1/3

Cathartic Arsonist 2R
Creature- Human Rebel (U)
Homebond (You may pair this creature with an unpaired land when either enters the battlefield. They remain paired for as long as you control both of them.)
T, Sacrifice a land paired with Cathartic Arsonist: Cathartic Arsonist deals 1 damage to target opponent and 1 damage to each creature and planeswalker that player controls.
"The smoldering destruction reminds me of home."
3/2

Camouflaged Merfolk 2U
Creature- Merfolk Scout (U)
As long as Camouflaged Merfolk is paired with an untapped land, it has hexproof and can't be blocked by creatures with greater power.
Underwater: impossible to see. On land: impossible to miss.
1/3

Loyal Homeguard W
Creature- Human Soldier (U)
When a land paired with Loyal Home Guard becomes tapped, choose one--
- Gain 1 life.
- Loyal Homeguard gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/1
Mmm, I have a hard time visuallizing these on a set. For many, I could see a better way of doing things (like: Activate once each turn.) For the merfolk, "1" is quite similar (except on responses if that is your last 1) If the lands give abilities as well, that could be interesting.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Unhassled Arbiter 2WW
Creature — Loxodon Cleric {R}
Unhassled Arbiter has ward 3 as long as it's untapped.
At the beginning of your end step, if a player has fewer cards in hand than each other player, that player draws a card. Then if no player draws a card this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Unhassled Arbiter.
3/4
Nice flavor!
I like it, but it feels like I'd be trying to hassle this guy for cards, instead of playing the game of trying to match his condition and give it +1/+1s. Well, abusing is its own kind of fun.
Edit: Oh, ties, I get it. My idea was the apparel, or relationships. It had a third meaning I missed :D
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Bribed Judge 1B
Ward - Pay 3 life
If the game would end in a draw, you win the game instead.
"He's got the best hair!"
1/3
Very cool, this is the one that makes me think the most, so it wins.
I like how the 3 life also breaks ties, but the life-point tie is quite hard to achieve. Maybe it could be a part of a combo that ties.

Winner: Ink-Treader
Next: Landfall

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

The Charcoal Palace 1RR
Legendary Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has "T: Add two mana of any one color."
Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, you lose 1 life.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 red Efreet creature token with Haste.
Fortify Mountain - Tap two untapped Efreet Creatures you control.

IIW: DnD Elemental Planes
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Levin
Pronoun: any/all

Post by Levin » 1 year ago

That Cannot Be wwwuuubbbrrrggg
Legendary Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling
Vigilance, Double strike, Flying, Trample, Protection from everything
Whenever you tap a permanent for mana, it produces four times of that mana instead.
You may play two additional lands each turn and play lands from any graveyard.
Landfall – When a land enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card and gain 2 life. That Cannot Be deals 2 damage to each opponent and each creature and planeswalker they control, then they discard a card and mill 2.
When you cast or copy a spell, exile up to two permanents, then look at all hands and exile up to one card from each hand. You may cast spells and play lands exiled this way as long as they remain exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast spells and activate abilities of permanents exiled this way.
When any player loses life, you may cast a spell with lesser mana value without paying its costs.
: You may put any number of land cards from your hand onto the battlefield, then untap all lands you control.
It normally molds itself to the world's flows, only manifesting as life's – and unlife's – greatest nightmares.
17/8
A terrible name maker. Suggest names for my creations in PMs.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

well, that name seems accurate unfortunately given constraints like the size limits of a text box and the name bar (see Progenitus for how just 10 symbols fit).

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Blight Shepherd 1B
Creature — Elf Druid (U)
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, add . When you spend this mana, you lose 1 life.
1/2

IIW: mecha and machines

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Flowerplanter Nepenthes

Creature - Plant (U)
Landfall -Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token. Then if you control five or more Plants, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying named Butterfly.
4/4
To attract butterflies, some botanicals collect and plant flowers around their dens.

IIW: Card for a very strange Jumpstart pack theme
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Commencing judging
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The Charcoal Palace 1RR
Legendary Artifact - Fortification
Fortified land has "T: Add two mana of any one color."
Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, you lose 1 life.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 1/1 red Efreet creature token with Haste.
Fortify Mountain - Tap two untapped Efreet Creatures you control.

IIW: DnD Elemental Planes
That's quite a solid package. Token generating landfall on a noncreature is nice at that price. The fortification is honestly a modest bonus.
Levin wrote:
1 year ago
That Cannot Be wwwuuubbbrrrggg
Legendary Creature — Shapeshifter
Changeling
Vigilance, Double strike, Flying, Trample, Protection from everything
Whenever you tap a permanent for mana, it produces four times of that mana instead.
You may play two additional lands each turn and play lands from any graveyard.
Landfall – When a land enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card and gain 2 life. That Cannot Be deals 2 damage to each opponent and each creature and planeswalker they control, then they discard a card and mill 2.
When you cast or copy a spell, exile up to two permanents, then look at all hands and exile up to one card from each hand. You may cast spells and play lands exiled this way as long as they remain exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast spells and activate abilities of permanents exiled this way.
When any player loses life, you may cast a spell with lesser mana value without paying its costs.
: You may put any number of land cards from your hand onto the battlefield, then untap all lands you control.
It normally molds itself to the world's flows, only manifesting as life's – and unlife's – greatest nightmares.
17/8
It certainly shouldn't be, unless loupes become standard issue for players.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Blight Shepherd 1B
Creature — Elf Druid (U)
Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, add . When you spend this mana, you lose 1 life.
1/2

IIW: mecha and machines
Feels like a fixed Lotus Cobra, which honestly probably doesn't need fixing, but this still feels useful if you need that mana.
1 year ago
Flowerplanter Nepenthes

Creature - Plant (U)
Landfall -Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token. Then if you control five or more Plants, create a 1/1 green Insect creature token with flying named Butterfly.
4/4
To attract butterflies, some botanicals collect and plant flowers around their dens.

Seems fine. Flavor is nice.
Winners
Show
Hide
WINNER: spacemonaut
HM: Ulka
Next challenge: mecha and machines

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Let's go simple:

Futurist Mecha-Suit 6
Artifact- Vehicle (U)
Crew 1
10/10

IIW: Cards that like cards with the same name
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Levin

Archaic Ruins
Legendary Artifact Land (M)
Archaic Ruins enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add 1 mana of any color. Mill 2.
At the beginning of each upkeep, you may pay 4. If you do, you may exile a creature card from any graveyard.
6, , Discard a card: Create a token that is a copy of target creature card in exile. It is a Construct artifact in addition to its other types, has base power and toughness 1/1 and "This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control."
It is wisest to leave the past buried, but the desperate care not for "wisdom".

IIW: Affinity
Last edited by Levin 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

@Levin, you need an IIW/prompt.

Drakite
2{U}
Artifact Creature - Drake (U)
Living weapon
Flying
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has flying.
Reconfigure 3{U}{U}
1/1

Kevin Yamaguchi, Genesis Pilot
[Kira Yamato, Ultimate Coordinator]
{W}{U}
Legendary Creature - Human Pilot (M)
Kevin Yamaguchi, Genesis Pilot crews Vehicles as though its power were 2 greater.
Delirium - Whenever Kevin crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gets +1/+1 until end of turn. If there are four or more card types among cards in your graveyard, instead that Vehicle gets +2/+2 and gains double strike and hexproof until end of turn.
2/2

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

GUND-School Instructor 2RR
Whenever GUND-School Instructor, create a 1/1 colorless Pilot creature token with "This creature crews Vehicles as though its power were 2 greater."
Sacrifice a Pilot: Crew target Vehicle you control. It gets +1/+0 and gains haste until end of turn, and must attack this turn if able.
3/2

IIW: Serfs

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

M.S.B.S. v9.7 1R
Enchantment {R}
At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose target creature you control. Until end of turn, that creature gets +2/+0 and gains "Whenever this creature crews a Vehicle, that Vehicle gets +4/+0 and gains haste until end of turn."

IIW: laying the groundwork
MEG

Juancu

SCP-914 "The Machine" 3
Legendary Artifact (M)
X, T, Discard an artifact or creature card with mana value X: Search your library for a card with mana value X and the same types as the discarded card, and exile it. Afterwards shuffle and choose a setting for SCP-914.
SCP-914 has all the triggered abilities of the last card exiled by it. If one would trigger, apply SCP-914's setting.
Settings
Rough - Counter that ability and gain 1 life.
1:1 - Lose 1 life,
Fine - Instead lose 4 life, and that ability triggers twice.
Very Fine - Instead lose 7 life, and that ability triggers three times.

IIW: marvel
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Judging in the morning!

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

WHOOPS sorry the entire day got sucked up by life stuff and a hobby project so lemme jam these out so I can feel the sweet embrace of sleep sooner rather than later.

Futurist Mecha-Suit: I like the simplicity here! The best I've been able to math things out so far is that a vehicle can be considered an artifact creature with power/toughness subtracted by the crew cost, so Irontread Crusher is essentially a 3/3 for 4. A 9/9 for 6 might be pushing it, but we're also in the world of Colossus Hammer and honestly I'm interested to see where that goes.

Archaic Ruins: I really like what this card's up to. The fact it's a land creates some problems: lands are free and lands that do good things are very powerful, so we need to limit the number of things they do or the rate at which they do them. "Add one mana of any color" is, for example, a very powerful ability and almost always comes with a significant drawback or limitation on spending that mana. This also hates on graveyards for free on every turn (not just your turn), and gets back anything at all from exile (but that might just be a tech that got overlooked). Adjustments are in order:
- This should produce colorless, since the power of the card lies elswehere.
- This should exile at the beginning of just your upkeep, or whenever it's tapped, or as a cost for tapping, for mana, or for a cost of 1-2 mana.
- It should only bring back "target creature card exiled by Archaic Ruins" because bringing back any arbitrary exiled card is in a class of its own.
I think this would be best positioned as a white resurrection-focused artifact, which would mean we could also put a mana cost on it that will help manage some of the power.
I do however like the idea of exiling stuff and bringing it back as Karnstruct type thing. That's a nice pattern. You did good here.

Drakite: Shiny! Living weapon and reconfigure. (Now that living weapon makes a phyrexian germ in particular, we really need another keyword for this stuff.) Usually the +P/+T granted by reconfigure is equal to the creature's own P/T but this isn't a hard and fast rule, and I like how you're costing this.

Kira Yamato: Heyyyy. I see what you're doing here, that's a gundam person! I love that +2 power pilot ability just generally and I'm happy seeing it here. This guy's a very strong pilot and I feel like that delirium is foreboding here for his story. (I haven't seen that one. War is bad or something, right? I'm sure that doesn't come up at all for him.) This is a really compelling pilot, I like it.

GUND-School Instructor: Oh my god that's a lot of narrative packed into two abilities and a name. Wowsers. Genuinely horrified. A+ good job.

M.S.B.S. v9.7: This is a nice combat buff, a stealth pilot ability ("crews Vehicles as though it were 2 greater"), and a real nice buff for vehicles. I want to combine this with an untapper and overcrew a vehicle or two. That's not a knock on this card though. I like it a lot. It's straightforward and concentrated in its application of power.

SCP-914 "The Machine": This is one of my favourite SCPs and it's very interesting what you're doing here. I think it needs just a tiny bit of cleaning up: is this a replacement or a trigger? The last two are absolutely replacement effects, but the first two don't work in that framework. That said, very good take on SCP-914 and a really compelling way to interact with triggers.

HM: Megiddo, Juancu

Winner: @NinjaCaterpie

Next: Serfs

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Barony Hedgelands
Land (R)
Feudalism (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, create a 0/1 white Serf creature token with ward 1. It is paired with this land, and when either leaves the battlefield, sacrifice the other.)
T: CW.

(Plus cycle)
Bonus
Show
Hide
Fun with the mechanic (and further proof of concept, but no need to judge).

Grandmother's Lighthouse
Land (U)
Feudalism (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, create a 0/1 white Serf creature token paired with this land. When either leaves the battlefield, sacrifice the other.)
T: Add U.
Creatures you control have Ward 1. (Multiple instances of ward stack.)

Sengir Goldmine
Land (U)
Feudalism (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, create a 0/1 white Serf creature token paired with this land. When either leaves the battlefield, sacrifice the other.)
T: Add B.
T, Pay 2 life, Tap the creature paired with Sengir Goldmine: Create a colorless artifact Treasure token.

Irini's Foundry
Land (U)
T: Add R.
1,T: Target attacking non-Serf creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
IIW: Non-phyrexian Mites

Megiddo
MEG

Barony Marauder 2RG
Creature — Beast {U}
Haste
Whenever Barony Marauder attacks, defending player creates two 0/1 black Serf creature tokens.
Barony Marauder can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less.
5/5

IIW: shape shifters
Last edited by Megiddo 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Serf Revolt

Sorcery (C)
Create three 0/1 black Serf creature tokens if {B} was spent to cast this spell. Sacrifice those tokens at the beginning of the next end step unless {W} was spent to cast this spell. Creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain haste until end of turn if {R} was spent to cast this spell.

Megiddo
MEG

Sengir Manipulator 3UB
Creature — Vampire {U}
Flying
When Sengir Manipulator enters the battlefield,
Serf
3/2

IIW:
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

Not the most exciting challenge, so I'll judge now

As an aside, I just realised my card isn't even complete.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Whenever GUND-School Instructor, create a 1/1 colorless Pilot creature token
😳
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Barony Hedgelands
Land (R)
Feudalism (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, create a 0/1 white Serf creature token with ward 1. It is paired with this land, and when either leaves the battlefield, sacrifice the other.)
T: CW.

(Plus cycle)
Bonus
Show
Hide
Fun with the mechanic (and further proof of concept, but no need to judge).

Grandmother's Lighthouse
Land (U)
T: Add U.
Creatures you control have Ward 1. (Multiple instances of ward stack.)

Sengir Goldmine
Land (U)
T: Add B.
T, Pay 2 life, Tap the creature paired with Sengir Goldmine: Create a colorless artifact Treasure token.

Irini's Foundry
Land (U)
T: Add R.
1,T: Target attacking non-Serf creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
IIW: Non-phyrexian Mites
These seem very, very swingy. I'm not sure you could ever balance this mechanic in a suitable way when it turns Electrickery into a one-sided Armageddon. I feel like Serfs are also a little more... replaceable than these cards make them out to be.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Barony Marauder 2RG
Creature — Beast {U}
Haste
Whenever Barony Marauder attacks, defending player creates two 0/1 black Serf creature tokens.
Barony Marauder can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less.
5/5

IIW: shape shifters
That's fun. It seems like it would be less gameplay in practice than theory, since I'm not really sure what someone is going to do with two Serfs (gain a little life from chump blocking?). The body isn't so over-efficient that it really matters though. Seems fair.
1 year ago
Serf Revolt

Sorcery (C)
Create three 0/1 black Serf creature tokens if {B} was spent to cast this spell. Sacrifice those tokens at the beginning of the next end step unless {W} was spent to cast this spell. Creatures you control get +1/+0 and gain haste until end of turn if {R} was spent to cast this spell.

Took a few reads to understand all the modes clearly (like the fact that the {R} side affects everything, so you can just cast it as a 3R pump spell...). The flavour is good - each mode makes sense and works, but the cleverness seems pointless as I really don't see this being worth casting except as a 3-color Heroic Reinforcements.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Sengir Manipulator 3UB
Creature — Vampire {U}
Flying
Serf
3/2

IIW:
I see.
Winner: Megiddo
Next: shape shifters

Megiddo
MEG

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Sengir Manipulator 3UB
Creature — Vampire {U}
Flying
Serf
3/2

IIW:
I promise this was going somewhere. I had been working out a whole thing where black (obviously) likes to sacrifice Serfs and blue (maybe less obviously?) wants to have only a small number of them. So this was shaping up to be some card that let you sacrifice serfs and then do something if you had fewer than the opponent. I had trouble with the wording/effects but that was the thought process to make a signpost in a world where the Eldrazi Spawn don't do anything.
MEG

Levin

About my last card, yes, I intended it so you could dodge Path and Plowshares. Anyway...
Atroidus, Unbound Existence9
Legendary Creature – Shapeshifter (M)
Changeling
As ~ enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Activated abilities of creatures of that creature type cost cwubrg less to activate. This effect reduces only the amount of colored and colorless mana you pay.
Whenever you activate or trigger an ability of an ability of a creature of the chosen type, you may pay 1. If you do, copy it and you may choose new targets for the copy.
7/7
IIW: Mass edicts
Last edited by Levin 1 year ago, edited 5 times in total.

Juancu

Mistform Ultimaximus 3U
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter (M)
Changeling
For each ability on another permanent you control, if that ability refers to a single non-shapeshifter creature type, Mistform Ultimaximus has that ability, except it refers to shapeshifters instead.
3/3

iiW:Wii

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”