Baldur's Gate review - what do you think?

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 1 year ago

RowanKeltizar wrote:
1 year ago
@3drinks are you going to run Balor in Zenith Seeker? My copy just arrived and I'm sleeving it for a test run.
I am. I'm gonna have it altered professionally though like because of course I will 😂
Steel Sabotage'ng Orbs of Mellowness since 2011.

I collect Kaalia of the Vast normal-size cards. Do you have any extra taking up space in your binder? Help me grow my collection! :)

WBRKaalia HQ WBR

Gentle Giant
It's all jank, always has been
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gentle Giant » 1 year ago

3drinks wrote:
1 year ago
Gentle Giant wrote:
1 year ago
Explorers of Ixalan adds a Settlers of Catan -esque board of tiles. For a generic mana cost of 1, 3, or 6, you can flip a tile for its bonus on the backside (once a turn and it has to be explored/freed up enough). It represents the crazy chase of all groups of the Ixalan story trying to get to Orazca, with Orazca being a powerful Monarch-esque emblem (which is one of the four center tiles, you don't know which one). It's quite fun!
Wait, this is a thing that exists?! I never even knew about this all this time........................................................what three, four years have gone by and this is literally the first time I've heard of it?
It was a very odd thing for Wizards to release, so I'm not surprised it faded into obscurity (also seeing as Ixalan was a low-powered block). My guess is they were testing the waters for the Game Night releases they do now: Magic as a board game (as Explorers also had 4 decks, one of each faction, to play with).
Remember: not everyone is intent on 'growing as a player', analysing their meta and adapting to it, etc. For some people, Magic is just another board game.

Decklists:
A boy and his dog: an adventure (Rograkh & Yoshimaru) | Storytelling, Jank, Cute
Averna, Roulette Croupier: Cascade Chaos | Cascade, Chaos, Group Choices
The Ur-Dragon Tribal Tribal | Randomized Batches, Diverse, Quirky
Zirda, Patron Goddess of Trash Artisanry | Trash for Treasure, Artifact Aristocrats, low-powered

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”