[official] How long have you been playing?

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I have a buddy that returned after a nearly 15 year break around Guilds of Ravnica and now he's really into the game again. Although he was a PTQ layer back then too.

I was thinking the other day, one of the things that keeps Magic interesting is all of the formats available to it. So you're able to switch between different formats with different card pools if you lose interest in one

Skello496
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Skello496 » 1 year ago

So I've been playing for 15 years, with the same playgroup the entire time. We've added a few and lost a few over the years, but me and my buddy that started playing years ago are still in it!
EDH:
Krenko, Goblin Stampeder
Nylea, God of Hydra Counters G
Mahadi, Emporium Master rb
Feather, Catrips Redeemed wr
Ghired, The Tokened gwr
Hakbal, Merfolk Massacre UG
Ten and Clara, Suspended uwr

MaritLage
Catholic Nun
Pronoun: she / her

Post by MaritLage » 1 year ago

Since Terror was black-bordered .

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 1 month ago

I have been playing since Onslaught - I was nine years old then :grin:. The neighbours' kids (who were a few years older) had some of the old 60-card theme decks which we would play against each other. The first MTG cards I bought myself was the Goblin theme deck from Scourge:

During summer holidays, my family would often visit a town at least once and the hightlight for me was the inevitable visit to a toy or game store to buy a theme deck from my pocket money. My younger brother and I were always on the lookout for shops that sold MTG cards :smirk:.

Shao6
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Shao6 » 2 weeks ago

I started playing with 4th edition, Stopped after 6th, due to college/life/etc and dove back in around '13 or so.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 weeks ago

BlackbirdPlaysMTG wrote:
1 month ago
The first MTG cards I bought myself was the Goblin theme deck from Scourge:
that's a pretty good theme deck imo.

gobs are strong.
During summer holidays, my family would often visit a town at least once and the hightlight for me was the inevitable visit to a toy or game store to buy a theme deck from my pocket money. My younger brother and I were always on the lookout for shops that sold MTG cards :smirk:.
same, those were fun days. Saving up some cash from allowance. :P

one of my cousins prepared his own lunch to school to save money, then use the money for mtg.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 weeks ago

Skello496 wrote:
1 year ago
So I've been playing for 15 years, with the same playgroup the entire time. We've added a few and lost a few over the years, but me and my buddy that started playing years ago are still in it!
a bit late reply. But it's only now that I noticed your post.

speaking of playgroups... when we encounter a group of people playing mtg. One fun thing I notice is... their sideboards are often tuned for beating the decks that their buddies play. hehe
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”