Unreleased and New Card Discussion

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 months ago

Looks like Ambitious Falcon is Christmas for bad gift decks

You donate everything in one large load on one person then you reload you draw for each thing given away.

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 months ago

*Rubs eyes*

Am I seeing things?! Is Insidious Roots real and not one of my own custom card designs?!
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

EonAon

Post by EonAon » 3 months ago

Tenth District Hero is kind of a letdown. I mean why cant we finally get the named card the minor story deserves.

CommanderMaster999

Looking at Krenko's Buzzcrusher

Are typical land destruction but here's the catch.

Did you notice the word "target" is missing? So this nails Lotus Field

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 months ago

More stuff!

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 months ago

Toxin Analysis

its a humble combat trick but I think uh "Target creature gains deathtouch and lifelink until end of turn. Investigate." for B is a looot
partially this is cos I'm a huge fan of Crypt Rats and Thrashing Wumpus and various other pestilent creatures
and Hatred
and paying life to draw cards or to activate things like Lord of the Forsaken and Staff of Compleation
I guess combat tricks are just not exciting in this format but the card reminds me I'm a black mage or a golgari one at heart
if Channel wasn't banned I'd be so happy lol

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 months ago

Mookie wrote:
3 months ago
More stuff!
You absolute mad genius! Allegedly the Four Horsemen refer to the four copies of Narcomoeba, but for Commander, the Four Horsemen would be Emrakul, Ulamog, Narcomoeba and presumably Bloodghast?

EDIT: You don't even need Narcomoeba anymore, just bleed to death with Enervation or kill with massive numbers of Detectives and/or overgrown Plants.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2

Post by Dunadain » 3 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 months ago
Normally the Four Horsemen refer to the four copies of Narcomoeba
Don't even start this conversation XD
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 3 months ago

Mookie wrote:
3 months ago
More stuff!

[*]Flotsam // Jetsam - Jetsam looks very interesting to me - if you squint, it's a cheaper Breach the Multiverse / Sepulchral Primordial / Diluvian Primordial at uncommon(!) You don't dig as deep as Breach, and you don't hit your own graveyard, but the fact that you can choose any card and not just creatures opens up a lot of options. Flotsam isn't as powerful, but not a bad early game play.
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that Jetsam has in its color identity! I would have loved to run that in Captain N'ghathrod!

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 3 months ago

Can a native speaker explain Flotsam // Jetsam name?

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 3 months ago

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/flotsam-jetsam.html

Trash in water. Sometimes mill and the graveyard are associated with garbage (Oskar, Rubbish Reclaimer, Swarmyard).
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 months ago

Flotsam is random junk floating in the ocean, and jetsam is random junk jettisoned from boats. "Flotsam and jetsam" is thus a term for random manmade junk that washes up on the beach.

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 3 months ago

Vengeful tracker is an excellent hatebear against treasure. He's going right into Éowyn, Shieldmaiden.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Mookie

Dunadain wrote:
3 months ago
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 months ago
Normally the Four Horsemen refer to the four copies of Narcomoeba
Don't even start this conversation XD
IMO, the Narcomoeba → Dread Return tech is more iconic in Oops all Spells at this point, so I'm using 'Four Horsemen' here to refer to the Basalt Monolith + Mesmeric Orb + Eldrazi shuffle engine. You can only play one Narcomoeba in EDH anyway, so it gets the honorary fourth slot. :P But yeah, MTG deck names are silly.
yeti1069 wrote:
3 months ago
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO disappointed that Jetsam has in its color identity! I would have loved to run that in Captain N'ghathrod!
I'm a bit sad to not be able to play it in Kess, but it lines up nicely for Tasigur. :D

yeti1069

Mookie wrote:
3 months ago

yeti1069 wrote:
3 months ago
I'm a bit sad to not be able to play it in Kess, but it lines up nicely for Tasigur. :D
Yeah, my only Sultai deck is Kadena, and I wouldn't run this there.

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 3 months ago

Trouble in pairs looks fantastic. I'm thinking of rebuilding Ghen, Arcanum Weaver and including this.

Prisoners' dilemma is such a silly card.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

yeti1069

Going to have to make some tough cuts in Queen Marchesa for Trouble in Pairs, Take the Bait, and maybe Hot Pursuit.

I don't think I have anywhere to run Worldsoul's Rage at the moment, but it looks fantastic in a lands deck.

Mookie

Trouble in Pairs does look sweet - lots of potential card advantage unless opponents play slowly.
Prisoner's Dilemma made me laugh. I don't think it's particularly strong, but definitely entertaining.
Mob Verdict is interesting. Good if there's an archenemy at the table. Seems a bit difficult to control though.

yeti1069

They really went laughably hard on the Detective creature type here. I know it's a murder mystery, but it seems like the whole of Ravnica has a side gig as a detective. Magic warps some tropes and such to accommodate the design and play of sets, but I can't think of ANY media that features more than 2, maybe 3 detectives in the whole of the work, and usually it's a solitary figure, or a detective and their partner/lackey/protégé. There must be close to 100 detectives between the set, commander decks, and Clue.

CommanderMaster999

WHO SAW THIS COMING!!!!

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 months ago

yeti1069 wrote:
3 months ago
. There must be close to 100 detectives between the set, commander decks, and Clue.
Yes but now you can tell another to get a clue
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Mookie

Unexplained absence looks interesting - Stroke of Midnight for each opponent, but it exiles and cloaks a card instead of giving a 1/1. White has a lot of flexible removal options, but not many that hit multiple targets. Seems strong.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 months ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 months ago
WHO SAW THIS COMING!!!!

Oh, I love this card as a Scooby Doo fan! Def building around them vs Morska now.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”