Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 5 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
5 months ago
spacemonaut wrote:
5 months ago
Elmo, the Banisher 2BR
You saw that post on Twitter/X where Elmo has a Domain Expansion named Elmo's World, didn't you?
yes.

lol

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 5 months ago

Wilkins, Capricious Campaigner 2R
Legendary Creature — Muppet {U}
Haste
R, T, Sacrifice another creature: Wilkins, Capricious Campaigner deals 2 damage to any target. If the sacrificed creature was a Muppet, create a Treasure token and untap Wilkins.
Partner with Wontkins, Dull Denier
2/2

Wontkins, Dull Denier 1B
When Wontkins, Dull Denier dies, each opponent discards a card. Then if Wontkins was sacrificed by another Muppet, return it from your graveyard to your hand.
Partner with Wilkins, Capricious Campaigner
1/1

IIW: A magic trick
MEG

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 5 months ago

chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Alright, enough waiting. I'll judge tonight, but I'd still like that judgement from @Ulka at some point.
Sorry i have not had free time this past week. I will try to post them today.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 5 months ago

I was gonna do more to reply, but my newborn was extra fussy tonight
Megiddo wrote:
5 months ago
Oscar the Grouch 3BG
Legendary Creature — Muppet {R}
Escape—BBGG, Exile five other cards from your graveyard.
Oscar the Grouch escapes with "Oscar the Grouch's power is equal to the total power of cards exiled with Oscar the Grouch and its toughness is equal to their total toughness."
*/*

IIW: Snow or other cold things
SPOILER
Show
Hide
I'll be honest, the only thing I have going here is that he lives in the trash. no other flavor considerations.
Where is his normal p/t? Should probably work like Kroxa, Titan of Death's Hunger, with at least some kind of etb, especially if you're paying 5 mana on the front face for a card that dies immediately.
5 months ago
Gonzo, the Weirdo
1{U}{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Muppet Weird (M)
"Gonzo, have you no dignity?!" -When Gonzo, the Weirdo enters the battlefield, it gains haste, deathtouch, and flying until end of turn
"Of course not! How long have we worked together?!" -Whenever Gonzo attacks, choose one-
"You worked with me so long, you should know by now that I have no dignity!" -Each player discards their hand, then draws seven cards. Gonzo deals 7 damage to you.
"The only reason I've worked with you this long, is because I have no dignity!" -Gonzo deals 4 damage to any target chosen at random.
"I have no dignity, as a result of working with you for so long!" -Each player mills seven cards.
"The second question is unrelated, I've forgotten how long I've worked with you!" -Each player discards a card at random.
"All of the above!" -Do all of the above. Choose this only if you have exactly 13 life.
3/2

IIW: Whale
Speaking of the Elmo tweet below, you saw the Tumblr post about breaking down this line
spacemonaut wrote:
5 months ago
Elmo, the Banisher 2BR
Legendary Creature — Muppet Rogue (R)
Shadow (This creature can block or be blocked by only creatures with shadow.)
Elmo's World — Whenever Elmo enters the battlefield or attacks, put a shadow counter on up to one target creature controlled by the player with the fewest creatures with shadow or tied for the fewest.
If a creature with shadow would deal damage to a player, prevent that damage and its controller creates a Treasure token.
2/2

I've had limited gas for card design recently so I haven't been able to keep up with the pace here, myself.

IIW: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Do I have to watch out for Elmo using hollow purple?
Megiddo wrote:
5 months ago
Wilkins, Capricious Campaigner 2R
Haste
R, T, Sacrifice another creature: Wilkins, Capricious Campaigner deals 2 damage to any target. If the sacrificed creature was a Muppet, create a Treasure token and untap Wilkins.
Partner with Wontkins, Dull Denier
2/2

Wontkins, Dull Denier 1B
When Wontkins, Dull Denier dies, each opponent discards a card. Then if Wontkins was sacrificed by another Muppet, return it from your graveyard to your hand.
Partner with Wilkins, Capricious Campaigner
1/1

IIW: A magic trick
Why do I suddenly crave coffee?

Winner: megiddo
Next: snow, other cold things, or a magic trick
Last edited by chetoos 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 5 months ago

chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Speaking of the Elmo tweet below, you saw the Tumblr post about breaking down this line
bravo
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos

Frostmourne, lich king's runeblade 3UB
Legendary Snow Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0, has undying and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a creature, tap that creature and put a stun counter on it.", and is a zombie in addition to their other types.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, return target creature card from that player's graveyard to the battlefield with mana value is less than or equal to equipped creature's power. That creature becomes a black and blue zombie in addition to their other colors and types.
equip 2UB
Equip Legendary Creaturess
"But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people." - Terenas Menethil II

IIW: Design a card you think I would like
Last edited by chetoos 5 months ago, edited 6 times in total.

chetoos

A. Z. Fell, Stage Magician 1WU
Legendary Creature - Angel Wizard
Flash, you can't cast this spell during combat.
When A. Z. Fell enters the battlefield, choose one
  • Dove trick-Create a 1/1 white bird creature token with flying
  • Vanishing Cabinet-Exile another target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
  • Coin in your ear-Create a treasure token
"You can do proper magic, you can make things disappear." - Anthony J. Crowley
2/2

IIW: March of the machine style teamup cards
Last edited by chetoos 5 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Icepop Faerie
2{U}
Creature - Faerie (U)
Flash
Kicker {U}{U}
Flying
When Icepop Faerie enters the battlefield, tap target creature you don't control. If it was kicked, instead tap one or two target creatures you don't control and put a stun counter on each of them.
2/1

IIW: What's the rest of Ravnica doing while murders occur in Karlov Manor.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 5 months ago

Iced Coffee 1B
Snow Artifact — Food (U)
When Iced Coffee enters the battlefield, exile the top three cards of your library. You may look at them any time.
, : Exile the top card of your library. You gain 1 life.
, , Sacrifice Iced Coffee: You gain 3 life.
When Iced Coffee leaves the battlefield, you may cast one of the exiled cards this turn. (You still pay its costs. Timing rules still apply.)

Megiddo
MEG

I will judge tomorrow morning!
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Frostmourne, lich king's runeblade 3UB
Legendary Snow Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0, has undying and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a creature, tap that creature and put a stun counter on it.", and is a zombie in addition to their other types.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, return target creature card from that player's graveyard to the battlefield with mana value is less than or equal to equipped creature's power. That creature becomes a black and blue zombie in addition to their other colors and types.
equip 2UB
Equip Legendary Creaturess
"But the truest victory, my son, is stirring the hearts of your people." - Terenas Menethil II

IIW: Design a card you think I would like
I had to check and see if this would fit on a card. It doesn't really (it's 11 lines without the Undying reminder text. Having two equip abilities adds one line each, of course). I think you have a lot of flavorful stuff here, but I'd try and find some strategic trims where possible. I'm not sure what's best to trim because I'm not familiar with the flavor, but I'd see if I could focus one really accentuating one "story" that you could tell with the card and lean harder into that.
chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
A. Z. Fell, Stage Magician 1WU
Legendary Creature - Angel Wizard
Flash, you can't cast this spell during combat.
When A. Z. Fell enters the battlefield, choose one
  • Dove trick-Create a 1/1 white bird creature token with flying
  • Vanishing Cabinet-Exile another target creature you control, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
  • Coin in your ear-Create a treasure token
"You can do proper magic, you can make things disappear." - Anthony J. Crowley
2/2

IIW: March of the machine style teamup cards
I did also try this one mocked up... You might have to cut the flavor text! Anyway, none of these effects are so strong that I'm worried about the combat restriction. If that's for flavor ("stage magician" is a clue here I think), that's ok, but I think it's fine without that restriction honestly. I like the effects and the ability words (flavor words?) do convey the story here well.
5 months ago
Icepop Faerie
2{U}
Creature - Faerie (U)
Flash
Kicker {U}{U}
Flying
When Icepop Faerie enters the battlefield, tap target creature you don't control. If it was kicked, instead tap one or two target creatures you don't control and put a stun counter on each of them.
2/1

Nice and simple. I think the costs should be increased somewhere between the mana and the kicker, but that's about it. Not too much to say.
spacemonaut wrote:
5 months ago
Iced Coffee 1B
Snow Artifact — Food (U)
When Iced Coffee enters the battlefield, exile the top three cards of your library. You may look at them any time.
, : Exile the top card of your library. You gain 1 life.
, , Sacrifice Iced Coffee: You gain 3 life.
When Iced Coffee leaves the battlefield, you may cast one of the exiled cards this turn. (You still pay its costs. Timing rules still apply.)

Correctly made this black, as all good coffee should be taken (I'll make exception for frothed milk drinks, but those should be a second-level option anyway). I like the flavor of preparing a cup to be used later (adding ice cubes with the snow mana?). I had a whole thing in my head about cold brew, but this isn't that. I think this card is fairly powerful, too as both a lifegain engine and, over time, a slow tutor.

Winner: Chetoos for a little bit of stage magic.
Next: March of the machine style teamup cards
MEG

chetoos

Megiddo wrote:
5 months ago
I had to check and see if this would fit on a card. It doesn't really (it's 11 lines without the Undying reminder text. Having two equip abilities adds one line each, of course). I think you have a lot of flavorful stuff here, but I'd try and find some strategic trims where possible. I'm not sure what's best to trim because I'm not familiar with the flavor, but I'd see if I could focus one really accentuating one "story" that you could tell with the card and lean harder into that.
Probably cut out the restrictions and zombie stuff on the reanimate, honestly, and maybe the zombie (and tap/stun counter) on equip, that would probably cut it down to a manageable length.

Also, if anyone wants more than one prompt, you can pick from either of my prompts. So: A card you think I would like, or a teamup card

Megiddo
MEG

i've been conceptulating an "ajani and comet" though I may at some point remember that these cards are meant to be unlikely alliances of creatures from the same plane and start over.
MEG

chetoos

any teamup card works here.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Narset and Sarkhan
{R}{G}{W}{U}
Legendary Creature - Human Monk Shaman (M)
Prowess, vigilance
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you draw a card and gain 2 life if if this is the first time this ability has resolved this turn. If it's the second time, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying. If it's the third time or more, exile a noncreature card from your graveyard with a khan counter on it.
You may play lands and cast spells from among cards you own in exile with khan counters on them.
3/5

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 5 months ago

Autumn Willow and Irini 3BG
Legendary Creature - Avatar Vampire Dwarf (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, destroy up to one target enchantment an opponent controls.
Whenever another nontoken creature dies, you may put an enchantment card with mana value equal to or less than that creature's mana value from your hand onto the battlefield.
3, Pay 3 life: Draw a card, then Autumn Willow and Irini gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
5/5

IIW: More Ulgrotha characters
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

judging tomorrow

chetoos

Well, 2 entries is better than 1.
5 months ago
Narset and Sarkhan
{R}{G}{W}{U}
Legendary Creature - Human Monk Shaman (M)
Prowess, vigilance
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you draw a card and gain 2 life if if this is the first time this ability has resolved this turn. If it's the second time, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying. If it's the third time or more, exile a noncreature card from your graveyard with a khan counter on it.
You may play lands and cast spells from among cards you own in exile with khan counters on them.
3/5

I would have loved for this to be a planeswalker teamup card, but I think they both got desparked in aftermath, so checks out. I like that Sarkhan's contribution to the spell is to interrupt Narset's autism with his own dragon hyperfixation
void_nothing wrote:
5 months ago
Autumn Willow and Irini 3BG
Legendary Creature - Avatar Vampire Dwarf (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, destroy up to one target enchantment an opponent controls.
Whenever another nontoken creature dies, you may put an enchantment card with mana value equal to or less than that creature's mana value from your hand onto the battlefield.
3, Pay 3 life: Draw a card, then Autumn Willow and Irini gains hexproof and indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
5/5

IIW: More Ulgrotha characters
They certainly like enchantments (Or do they), but I'm not sure what else is going on here. I guess this is the inherent problem with going for creatures that have low resonance, the lower chance for someone to know who they are.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon for the cleaner package (Even though I'm sure that Sarkhan could probably count his baths per year on one hand)

Next: What's the rest of Ravnica doing while murders occur in Karlov Manor.

chetoos

Borborygmos, unenthused 5rg
Legendary creature - cyclops druid
Trample, vigilance
Whenever etbs or combat damage to player, explore
Landfall - gain 3 life
"If I did it, Karlov Manor would no longer be standing. Leave me to my garden."
5/5

Iiw: Card type: Plane

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 4 months ago

Sooo, should I call it now, or do we let Nexus Flamingo take a day off?

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 4 months ago

let's give everyone the christmas gift of more time.

Sporegorger_Dragon

*emerges from oven, well-basted with butter, and removes the apple wedged in my mouth*

Welp, looks like people still struggling to shake off the after-effects of too much holiday cheer, so we'll have to make do.
chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Borborygmos, unenthused 5rg
Legendary creature - cyclops druid
Trample, vigilance
Whenever etbs or combat damage to player, explore
Landfall - gain 3 life
"If I did it, Karlov Manor would no longer be standing. Leave me to my garden."
5/5

Iiw: Card type: Plane
I can sorta see Borby here, in his later years, mellowing out and retiring from active aggression to quietly tend a garden.

Actually, this works better as a mono-green card, both mechanically and flavorfully

WINNER:
CHEEEEETOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS!!!

Next:
Card Type: Plane

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 4 months ago

merry christmas!
I expect little movement until the new year.

I may throw a planechase card in there soon… though I left my laptop at home and this is a lot worse on mobile for me.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Vlaryk's Backyard
Plane - Trusmadi Mokara
At the beginning of your end step, create X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens, where X is the number of times you descended this turn. (You descend each time a permanent card is put into your graveyard from anywhere.)
========================
Whenever chaos ensues, each player mills ten cards. If you milled cards this way, you may put a permanent card from among the cards milled this way into your hand.
"GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

IIW: Annoying faerie

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 4 months ago

The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse
Plane — Equilor
If you would planeswalk away from The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse, gain 3 life instead. (You remain here.)
======
Whenever chaos ensues, ignore all abilities of The Restaurant at the End of the Multiverse until end of turn.

IIW: Interplanar Winter Vacation
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”