Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Putting counters on spells on stack

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 46 (+3)
Subject16 45 (+0)
dyd 44 (+3)
void_nothing 33 (+2)
netn10 29 (+2)
kwanyeegor-ii 29 (+3)
Mimicvat 21
Lorn Asbord Schutta 21 (+4)
Phyrexian Editor 10
wizyard 10
FoilSquared 9
haywire 6
tempoEDH 5
chochky 2
.::Note of the Day::.

@Pygyzy: Yesterday you voted for chochky, who did not enter. Please let me know who you wanted to vote for with your second vote.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
unexpected tribal (not the card type)
Mimicvat wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, Jovialjovian

Hoping I've understood this challenge properly... so went with an EDH tribal option I wish existed!

Arlite, the Great Tutor
Legendary Creature - Spellshaper
Spellshapers you control have all activated abilities of each other Spellshaper you control.
, , Discard a card from your hand: Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
1/2

Jack of all trades. Master of all trades.
dyd wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, JovialJovian

Oceanic Predator 3uu
Creature - Shark
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Fish creature token for each card you've drawn this turn.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice each Fish with the least toughness or tied for least toughness among Fish creatures you control. Distribute a number of +1/+1 counters equal to the number of creatures sacrificed this way among any number of other Fish and/or Sharks you control.
The one who eats the big fish who eats the small fish.
4/4

IIW: untold Eldraine story
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: dyd; void_nothing

Distorting Phantasm
Creature - Illusion (U)
When Distorting Phantasm becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.
Each creature blocking or blocked by Distorting Phantasm is Illusion to its other types and gains "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.".
Whenever Illusion is sacrificed, scry 2.
1/4

IIW: Two or more graveyard-related abilities on one card (dredge, treshhold, flashback, etc.)
Pygyzy wrote:
4 years ago
Vote:: chochky, Lorn Asbord Schutta
Emperor's New Singularity 2
Artifact
Instead of their normal type, all creatures on the battlefield that are Birds are Cats, Cats are Dogs, Dogs are Rats, Rats are Humans, and Humans are Birds.

IIW: Legendary Oyster
JovialJovian wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Lord Asbord Schutta, netn10

Talruum Spelldancer 2RG
Creature - Minotaur Shaman
Other Shamans you control get +1/+1 and have protection from sorceries.
Sorcery spells you cast cost 1 less to cast for each Shaman you control.
2/3

IIW: Minor video game characters
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
dyd, void_nothing

Tara, Vile Instigator BRG
Legendary Creature — Elf Warlock (Mythic)
Protection from cursed opponents.
During each of your turns, you may cast an Aura spell from your graveyard. If a Curse is cast this way, you draw a card and lose 1 life.
BRG: Creatures target opponent controls attack this turn if able and must attacked cursed players if able.
2/3

IIW: Curses
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: kwanyeegor-ii, JovialJovian

Cruisers Collector RW
Creature - Human Pilot (Rare)
Whenever a Pilot enters the battlefield under your control, create a 2/2 artifact vehicle token with haste and crew 1.
"Every racer that respect their craft deserves my cars."
2/2

IIW: Four color common
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
4 years ago
Lorn asbord schutta dyd

Ramming Stone 4
Artifact (Rare)
Artifact creatures you control have haste.
Whenever a Juggernaut you control attacks, double its power until end of turn.
4: Create a 1/1 colorless Pebble Juggernaut artifact creature token.

iiw monowhite combo cards
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, kwanyeegor-ii

Master of Light Everlasting 4WW
Enchantment Creature - Archon (M)
Flying
You may cast Archon spells from your graveyard.
T: Until end of turn, other non-Aura enchantments you control, non-Aura enchantment cards in your graveyard, and non-Aura enchantments that enter the battlefield under your control this turn are 4/4 Archon creatures with flying in addition to their other types.
4/4

IIW: Old-school ultrafatties (Polar Kraken, Phyrexian Dreadnought...)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mimicvat

Post by Mimicvat » 4 years ago

Votes: Jovialjovian, void_nothing

I forgot an IIW, so will make that "Spellshapers" for that entry and this one.

Bloodline Haemophage BR
Creature - Vampire Shaman (R)
Flash
1, Sacrifice a Creature: You may move any counters from the sacrificed creature onto any spell you control on the stack. Scry 1.
2/1
The greatest vampires live forever in the blood of their sires

IIW: Spellshapers
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Votes: Mimicvat, JovialJovian

Mindstorm gur
Sorcery
This spell can't be countered.
Whenever you cast or copy another spell while ~ is on the stack, put a storm counter on ~.
Look at the top X cards of your library, where X is the number of storm counters on ~. You may reveal up to one card of each type from among them. Put those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order. (If a card has multiple types, choose one as you reveal it.)

IIW: assonance of creature types (e.g. Lizard Wizard)

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Mimicvat

Magnifier of Spellcraft 4
Artifact (Mythic)
2, Tap an untapped Wizard you control: Choose a counter type from the following list and put it on target permanent or spell:
* "I deal 2 more damage"
* "I have deathtouch and lifelink"
* "I have indestructible and I can't be countered"

IIW: Mythic Colored Vehicle

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 4 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian; Mimicvat

Reaping Animus
Sorcery (M)
Whenever nontoken creature dies while Reaping Animus is on stack, put a charge counter on Reaping Animus.
Return X target creature cards from any graveyard onto the battlefield under your control, where X is the number of charge counters on Reaping Animus.
The malevolent force swept through land, stealing breath from the living. And then, it was gone - only the ancients summoned from their graves reminded of its passage.

IIW: Spirit and arcane

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

dyd, Subject16

Frozen Moment 1UU
Snow Enchantment
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, put a Stasis counter on target spell.
Spells with Stasis counters on them cannot resolve. (They remain on the stack, but are ignored.)
(2/U)(2/U): Move a Stasis counter from target spell onto another target spell. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: Lightning Bolts

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Mimicvat, JovialJovian

Celestial Overture 2W
Sorcery (Rare)
Encore 2 (When you cast Chorus of Winds, tap any number of untapped creatures you control. Put a verse counter on this spell for every two creatures tapped this way.)
Exile target creature. Create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token with flying for each verse counter on Celestial Overture.
The greatest symphonies are heard beyond the veil of death.

IIW: Music/Bards

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 4 years ago

mimicvat netn10

Absolute Massacre B
Instant (Rare)
Whenever a creature is dealt damage while this spell is on the stack, destroy that creature and put a skull counter on Absolute Massacre.
Each player loses 2 life for each skull counter on Absolute Massacre.

iiw innovative planeswalkers
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Subject16

Cosmographic Crescendo 3RG
Enchantment (M)
Whenever a player casts a spell, put a growth counter on each spell you control. (Including that spell.)
If a spell you control would be countered while it has four or more growth counters on it, remove four growth counters from that spell instead.
Whenever a spell you control resolves, add X R and create an X/X green Elemental creature token, where X is the number of growth counters on that spell.
Freedom and purpose can reverse entropy: this is the natural disorder of things.

IIW: Populate
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

@void_nothing oh sorry, mimicvat then

Abstract Construct 6
Artifact Creature - Buddy Pal
This creature gets plus googolplex plus one and minus googolplex toughness for the first theory counter on a card in exile, and +2/+2 for each idea counter after the first.
Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell with a number or number word in it's text, put a idea counter on that spell and exile it. These counters remain between exile and the stack. If there's another card with a idea counter on it in exile, it's owner plays that spell, and adds X to all number or number words in it's text, where X is equal to the number of idea counters on that spell. Move all idea counters on that spell to another card in exile with one, as it resolves.
negative googolplex-1/googolplex+1

Vote: Mimicvat, Lorn Asbord Ashutta
IIW: Urban Fantasy/Horror

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”