NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 5 months ago

*Emerges wearing T-rex suit, attempts to trample electrified fence but instead is violently electrocuted*

Right, on with it!
chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Itzquinth, fully grown 3RG
Legendary Creature - Dinosaur
Vigilance, Trample
Whenever a dinosaur enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay . When you do, that creature fights target creature you don't control.
Each other dinosaur you control that's been damaged this turn has vigilance and trample
5/5

IIW: Craft with _____
Very potent first ability, second ability clearly meant to capitalize on the first, to give your fighters vigilance and trample. I wonder though, if it were possible for a different kind of bonus, since this will also give your Dinos vigilance and trample once they've been dealt combat damage and that might confuse some.
5 months ago
Exhumation Site G
Artifact – Fortification (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may attach it to target land you control.
Whenever fortified land is tapped for mana, its controller adds an additional C.
Whenever fortified land becomes tapped, create a Bone token. (It's an artifact with: "T, Sacrifice X Bones: Create a X/X colorless Dinosaur Skeleton token with trample. Activate only as a sorcery.")
Fortify 3

IIW: Equipment/Creature → Fortification/Land → ???/???
Hmm, interesting, but maybe better if we change that token to Dinosaur Bone token, to allow for other types of Skeletons, like what they did with amass.
Cythare wrote:
5 months ago
Hexed Howdah 3
Artifact — Equipment Vehicle (U)
Menace
Equipped creature has menace.
Whenever Hexed Howdah or equipped creature attack, another target attacking creature with less power can't be blocked this turn.
Crew—Tap an untapped creature you control.
Equip to Dinosaur 2
3/1

IIW: Finality counters
Is the "Hexed" part the fact that this thing can attack even without being fitted to a Dinosaur, or that it generates it's own mount when crewed? Or maybe the act of crewing is what places it on a mount.

Triggered ability is meant to evoke a rider, I presume.

Overall card feels a bit disjointed, perhaps better to remove crew/Vehicle and replace with reconfigure?
chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Bones of Zacama
Legendary artifact
: add 2 mana in any combination of colors. Spend this mana only to cast a dinosaur spell or activate abilities of a dinosaur source.
Whenever you cast a dinosaur spell, gain 2 life if w was spent to cast it. It etbs with an additional 1/1 counter if g was spent to cast it, and shock a creature or Planeswalker if r was spent to cast it
Savior of Orazca. Her roar slew 1000 phyrexians with it's first sound - inscription above the grave

Iiw: Craft with _____
WHAT DID YOU DO :madhot:

The card itself is great, though. Relatively straightforward Dinosaur typal. I appreciate the little touch of referencing Zacama's three heads/activated abilities in the bonuses.

Results:
Winner: cheetos, for submitting an actual Dinosaur.

Next:
Craft with _____
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Sporegorger_Dragon

Magical Kitchenware
Artifact (R)
1, {T}, Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Create a Food token.
Craft with one or more creatures
"-a salad of sliced saprolings, kobold peppers, and thallid hearts, drizzled with devil's tears dressing, then a simple pie of camarid tails in a tart sauce of olives and capers-"
================
Magnificent Banquet
Artifact - Food
When Magnificent Banquet enters the battlefield, for each exiled creature card used to craft it, create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's a Food artifact with "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life," and it loses all other card types.
3, {T}: Tap target creature and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2, {T}, Sacrifice Magnificent Banquet: You gain 2, life, plus 1 life for each other Food you control.
"-and then a whole roast thrull, its belly stuffed with kavu blood pudding, wrapped in streaky baloth bacon and well-basted with anchovy butter, with a honeyed quince in its mouth--"

Alternate flavor text:
"Yeah, even young craw wurm is leathery and stringy, so I'm not sure about this old bull. Gonna try though; soaking the carcass in seawater now, if I start stewing it before noon it might be edible after sundown. Pounding the liver and kidneys to add to the stew, also thowing in the leftover horsemeat jerky and smoked eel, might improve the flavor. Even if it still ends up too tough, we've got plenty of cabbage and leeks, plus a few potatoes, so at least we'll have some sort of stew. Go see if you can find me some wild ramp or swamp mustard."

IIW: Strange ingredients
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 5 months ago

Fractured Lodestone 2U
Artifact (U)
When Fractured Lodestone enters the battlefield, draw two cards, then discard a card.
Craft with sorcery 3UU (3UU, Exile this artifact, Exile a sorcery card from your graveyard: Return this card transformed under its owner's control. Craft only as a sorcery.)
//
Lodestone Aerosaur
Artifact Creature — Dinosaur Golem (U)
Flying
Whenever Lodestone Aerosaur attacks, you may copy the exiled card used to craft it. If you do, you may cast the copy. (You still pay its costs.)
3/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 5 months ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
5 months ago
Very potent first ability, second ability clearly meant to capitalize on the first, to give your fighters vigilance and trample. I wonder though, if it were possible for a different kind of bonus, since this will also give your Dinos vigilance and trample once they've been dealt combat damage and that might confuse some.

WHAT DID YOU DO :madhot:

The card itself is great, though. Relatively straightforward Dinosaur typal. I appreciate the little touch of referencing Zacama's three heads/activated abilities in the bonuses.
For the Itzquinth, I wanted to keep mechanical consistency with his original card, and lots of dinos like self damage. The only issue is that the entering dinos need haste to take advantage. This is kind of meant to be a puzzle for players to figure out how to use properly.

As for the bones, I guess that this is a flashforward, if they ever do Magic Omega, the counterpart to Magic Origins. Zacama can't live forever, right? R-right?
Also, I'd appreciate if someone could judge the bugs planeswalker I made, just as a lark. no pressure.

chetoos

Judging tomorrow when I get a chance, I'd love some more entries.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 5 months ago

like last year, if you're at PAX UNPLUGGED this weekend, lmk. I'll be trying to actually play some Magic this weekend.

I'll edit an entry in here later today.
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Sigil of the Mind Mage 1U
Legendary Artifact (M)
When Sigil of the Mind Mage enters the battlefield, scry 2.
Whenever you scry, target player mills a card for each card looked at while scrying this way.
Craft with Jace 3UU (3UU, Exile this artifact, Exile a Jace you control or a Jace card from your graveyard: Return this card transformed under its owner's control. Craft only as a sorcery.)
//
Tomb of the First Living Guildpact
Legendary Artifact (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 2.
Creatures your opponents control get -X/-0, where X is the greatest number of cards you've looked at while scrying since the beginning of your most recent upkeep step.

IIW: A two-mana artifact
Last edited by Cythare 5 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 5 months ago

Blood Diamonds 1BB
Artifact
: Add one mana of any color. You lose 1 life.
Whenever one or more creatures you don't control die, each opponent loses 1 life.
Craft with artifact—2BB, Sacrifice a creature (2BB, Sacrifice a creature, Exile this artifact, Exile another artifact you control or an artifact card from your graveyard: Return this card transformed under its owner's control. Craft only as a sorcery.)
//
Cursed Jewelry
Artifact
Cursed Jewelry enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a blood counter on Cursed Jewelry. You lose life equal to the number of blood counters on Cursed Jewelry.
Whenever one or more creatures you control die, you may pay 1. If you do, remove a blood counter from Cursed Jewelry.
3, Sacrifice a creature, Remove a blood counter from Cursed Jewelry: Target opponent gains control of Cursed Jewelry,
Great beauty always comes at great price. Fortunately, you don't always have to be the one to pay for it.

IIW: Gnomes!

chetoos

Craft with one or more entries
5 months ago
Magical Kitchenware
Artifact (R)
1, {T}, Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Create a Food token.
Craft with one or more creatures
"-a salad of sliced saprolings, kobold peppers, and thallid hearts, drizzled with devil's tears dressing, then a simple pie of camarid tails in a tart sauce of olives and capers-"
================
Magnificent Banquet
Artifact - Food
When Magnificent Banquet enters the battlefield, for each exiled creature card used to craft it, create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's a Food artifact with "{2}, {T}, Sacrifice this artifact: You gain 3 life," and it loses all other card types.
3, {T}: Tap target creature and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2, {T}, Sacrifice Magnificent Banquet: You gain 2, life, plus 1 life for each other Food you control.
"-and then a whole roast thrull, its belly stuffed with kavu blood pudding, wrapped in streaky baloth bacon and well-basted with anchovy butter, with a honeyed quince in its mouth--"

Alternate flavor text:
"Yeah, even young craw wurm is leathery and stringy, so I'm not sure about this old bull. Gonna try though; soaking the carcass in seawater now, if I start stewing it before noon it might be edible after sundown. Pounding the liver and kidneys to add to the stew, also thowing in the leftover horsemeat jerky and smoked eel, might improve the flavor. Even if it still ends up too tough, we've got plenty of cabbage and leeks, plus a few potatoes, so at least we'll have some sort of stew. Go see if you can find me some wild ramp or swamp mustard."

IIW: Strange ingredients
This is verbose, but a scant read compared to other 2023 cards. I like the pseudo reanimator effect
Cythare wrote:
5 months ago
Fractured Lodestone 2U
Artifact (U)
When Fractured Lodestone enters the battlefield, draw two cards, then discard a card.
Craft with sorcery 3UU (3UU, Exile this artifact, Exile a sorcery card from your graveyard: Return this card transformed under its owner's control. Craft only as a sorcery.)
//
Lodestone Aerosaur
Artifact Creature — Dinosaur Golem (U)
Flying
Whenever Lodestone Aerosaur attacks, you may copy the exiled card used to craft it. If you do, you may cast the copy. (You still pay its costs.)
3/3

LET'S DO THE Time Warp AGAIN!
However will you ensure that you can't connect with a 3/3 flyer in blue?
Megiddo wrote:
5 months ago
like last year, if you're at PAX UNPLUGGED this weekend, lmk. I'll be trying to actually play some Magic this weekend.

I'll edit an entry in here later today.
Cool, I'll edit a judgement later too
Cythare wrote:
5 months ago
Sigil of the Mind Mage 1U
Legendary Artifact (M)
When Sigil of the Mind Mage enters the battlefield, scry 2.
Whenever you scry, target player mills a card for each card looked at while scrying this way.
Craft with Jace 3UU (3UU, Exile this artifact, Exile a Jace you control or a Jace card from your graveyard: Return this card transformed under its owner's control. Craft only as a sorcery.)
//
Tomb of the First Living Guildpact
Legendary Artifact (M)
At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 2.
Creatures your opponents control get -X/-0, where X is the greatest number of cards you've looked at while scrying since the beginning of your most recent upkeep step.

IIW: A two-mana artifact
The power move is to craft this with your Jace, the Mind Sculptor on the battlefield
lookingupanddown wrote:
5 months ago
Blood Diamonds 1BB
Artifact
: Add one mana of any color. You lose 1 life.
Whenever one or more creatures you don't control die, each opponent loses 1 life.
Craft with artifact—2BB, Sacrifice a creature (2BB, Sacrifice a creature, Exile this artifact, Exile another artifact you control or an artifact card from your graveyard: Return this card transformed under its owner's control. Craft only as a sorcery.)
//
Cursed Jewelry
Artifact
Cursed Jewelry enters the battlefield under the control of an opponent of your choice.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a blood counter on Cursed Jewelry. You lose life equal to the number of blood counters on Cursed Jewelry.
Whenever one or more creatures you control die, you may pay 1. If you do, remove a blood counter from Cursed Jewelry.
3, Sacrifice a creature, Remove a blood counter from Cursed Jewelry: Target opponent gains control of Cursed Jewelry,
Great beauty always comes at great price. Fortunately, you don't always have to be the one to pay for it.

IIW: Gnomes!
Topical! Anyway, cool design, I like the mini games.

Winner: @lookingupanddown
Next: gnomes

chetoos

Arrin Ur'xah, Chief gnomomancer 2WU
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
When Anim Ur'zah enters the battlefield, create a white Gnome Soldier artifact creature token with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of artifacts and/or creatures you control."
Tap an untapped artifact you control: add . You can't spend this mana to cast non-artifact spells.
The multiverse has a sense of repetition, patterns repeated across infinite realities. His brother Mis-hrah is a secret acolyte of aclazotz.
1/4

Empty Silver Shell 1u
Legendary artifact - treasure
When this etbs, draw a card
t, sacrifice this artifact: add one mana of any color.
Craft with legendary creature or artifact 3uu
Ur'xah crafted the most beautiful shell for a gnome, seeking the right spark to bring it to life
//
Karon, Silver Gnome
Legendary artifact creature - gnome
Activated abilities of artifacts your opponents control cost 2 more to activate unless they are mana abilities.
3: target noncreature artifact you control becomes an artifact creature with base power and toughness each equal to its mana value until end of turn.
5/5

IIW: Variants of characters on other planes. (EG: what would it look like if Thalia, Guardian of Thraben was born on Ikoria or Kaladesh instead?)
Last edited by chetoos 5 months ago, edited 4 times in total.

lookingupanddown

alternative prompt: DFC artifacts

Sporegorger_Dragon

Gnome Stack
4{W}
Artifact Creature - Gnome (U)
Vigilance
Fabricate Gnome 3 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on it or create three 1/1 colorless Gnome artifact creature tokens.)
1/1

Art: Four gnomes stacked on top of each other. The bottom gnome is slightly bigger than the others and is painted white.

IIW: Sea creature

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 5 months ago

I'm back from my week long vacation so I can play again without worrying I wouldn't be online to see if I won.

Gnomeo, Little Lover {R/W}
Legendary Artifact Creature - Gnome Noble (R)
Haste
When Gnomeo, Little Lover enters the battlefield or attacks, gain control of target creature with less or equal power as Gnomeo, Little Lover until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
"He brought a new meaning to being a little impulsive in romance." - Begnomio
0/1

IIW: Cards from the Shakespeare set where but all the creatures are small creatures such as Gnomes, Halfings, Goblins, Fairies, and Dwarves
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

@lookingupanddown judge?

lookingupanddown

chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
Arrin Ur'xah, Chief gnomomancer 2WU
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
When Anim Ur'zah enters the battlefield, create a white Gnome Soldier artifact creature token with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of artifacts and/or creatures you control."
Tap an untapped artifact you control: add . You can't spend this mana to cast non-artifact spells.
The multiverse has a sense of repetition, patterns repeated across infinite realities. His brother Mis-hrah is a secret acolyte of aclazotz.
1/4

Empty Silver Shell 1u
Legendary artifact - treasure
When this etbs, draw a card
t, sacrifice this artifact: add one mana of any color.
Craft with legendary creature or artifact 3uu
Ur'xah crafted the most beautiful shell for a gnome, seeking the right spark to bring it to life
//
Karon, Silver Gnome
Legendary artifact creature - gnome
Activated abilities of artifacts your opponents control cost 2 more to activate unless they are mana abilities.
3: target noncreature artifact you control becomes an artifact creature with base power and toughness each equal to its mana value until end of turn.
5/5

IIW: Variants of characters on other planes. (EG: what would it look like if Thalia, Guardian of Thraben was born on Ikoria or Kaladesh instead?)
Wonder if this variant also has the plane-sized ego to match lol. Great callbacks to Urza, Lord High Artificer and Karn, Silver Golem while keeping things relatively balanced.
5 months ago
Gnome Stack
4{W}
Artifact Creature - Gnome (U)
Vigilance
Fabricate Gnome 3 (When this creature enters the battlefield, put three +1/+1 counters on it or create three 1/1 colorless Gnome artifact creature tokens.)
1/1

Art: Four gnomes stacked on top of each other. The bottom gnome is slightly bigger than the others and is painted white.

IIW: Sea creature
This is adorable, and would be so useful in Limited.
Ulka wrote:
5 months ago
I'm back from my week long vacation so I can play again without worrying I wouldn't be online to see if I won.

Gnomeo, Little Lover {R/W}
Legendary Artifact Creature - Gnome Noble (R)
Haste
When Gnomeo, Little Lover enters the battlefield or attacks, gain control of target creature with less or equal power as Gnomeo, Little Lover until end of turn. Untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.
"He brought a new meaning to being a little impulsive in romance." - Begnomio
0/1

IIW: Cards from the Shakespeare set where but all the creatures are small creatures such as Gnomes, Halfings, Goblins, Fairies, and Dwarves
Interesting little guy. I like the power-based Act of Treason, but I don't think this could be a white card.

HM: Sporegorger_Dragon
Winner: chetoos

Next: Variants of characters on other planes. (EG: what would it look like if Thalia, Guardian of Thraben was born on Ikoria or Kaladesh instead?)

chetoos

lookingupanddown wrote:
5 months ago
Wonder if this variant also has the plane-sized ego to match lol
I'm more worried if he's gonna use Chimil, the Inner Sun to blow up their area and kill The Mycotyrant

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Fblthp, Intrepid Explorer GU
Legendary Creature — Homunculus Scout (R)
When Fblthp, Intrepid Explorer enters the battlefield, it explores.
Whenever a creature you control explores a land, you may put Fblthp into your library third from the top.
When Fblthp leaves the battlefield, put its counters on target creature you control.
1/1

IIW: A 2-mana artifact
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

chetoos

Alternate prompt: Detectives, universes beyond or not

Sporegorger_Dragon

1) Slimefoot and Squee would be my favorite card ever, if only they were in Sultai colors... :pensive:

Lix and Iba, Jungle's Custodians
1{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Fungus (M)
Whenever Lix and Iba, Jungle's Custodians enters the battlefield or attacks, if a creature you control explored or you descended this turn, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
2{B}{G}{U}, Sacrifice two Saprolings: Return Lix and Iba from your graveyard to the battlefield and put up to one other target permanent card in a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. That creature is a green Plant creature in addition to its other colors and types with power and toughness equal to its mana value. Activate only as a sorcery.
3/3
The Mycotyrant's efforts to expand beyond its caverns were rebuffed by the jungle itself.

On Ixalan, Saprolings are native to the plain, but somewhat different as shown on Overgrown Armasaur and Tendershoot Dryad, while the fungal Mycoids are actually invaders from another plane.

As the Mycotyrant starts moving towards the surface, it is met with resistance by Ixalan's native flora and fungi.

2) Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator on Theros, you know, the other plane with avian Sirens:

Malias Calum, Captive Lure
2{U}
Legendary Creature - Siren (R)
Defender
Whenever an opponent attacks you and/or one or more planeswalkers you control, you draw a card and create a tapped Treasure token.
1{U}, T: Target creature an opponent controls attacks you this turn if able.
As long as Malias Calum is modified, it has flying and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
2/2

On Theros, a siren by the name of Malias is captured by pirates that exploit his enthralling song to lure ships for plunder while sedating any armed resistance.

The pirates keep him bound and gagged until needed, only removing the gag after they've plugged their ears with wax, communicating with hand signals.

Malias is biding his time until he can steal something to help him break his bonds, or until some Nyxborn creature bestows upon him a boon.

3) If there was a Rakdos on Kamigawa:

Aku-Dosu, Desecrator of Honor
3{U}{U}{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Demon Spirit (M)
Flying, lifelink, trample
Whenever Aku-Dosu, Desecrator of Honor attacks, you lose half your life and you exile half the cards in your hand and half the non-Demon permanents you control. Round up each time.
Whenever Aku-Dosu deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles half the cards in their hand and half the non-Demon permanents they control. Round up each time.
You may play cards exiled with Aku-Dosu, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast those spells.
7/6
No oath unbroken.

There is one oni no one dares invoke on Kamigawa. Too powerful to bind wth a contract, too treacherous to form a pact with. There is only one promise he honors: "I will betray you."

IIW: Marine creature

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 5 months ago

Autumn Willow, Spirit of Yavimaya 3GG
Legendary Creature - Avatar
Autumn Willow can only be targeted or enchanted as if it were a basic Forest.
At the end of your turn, if you did not play a land, create a tapped Forest land token.
4/4

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Yargle, Glutton of Takenuma 3BB
Legendary Creature — Rat Spirit (U)
Rat soulshift 4 (When this creature dies, you may return target Rat card with mana value 4 or less from your graveyard to your hand.)
When Yar-Kul grew too ambitious for Greasefang's liking, he was turned into a maggot and left in Takenuma to die. The rat that ate that maggot grew to become one with the swamp, always hungry to make up for its previous selfishness.
6/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

lookingupanddown

Alquist Proft, Master Mudslinger 2UB
Legendary Creature - Elf Advisor
Menace
When Alquist Proft, Master Mudslinger enters the battlefield, investigate.
1UUBB, Sacrifice X Clues: You draw X cards and target opponent loses X life.
"Alquist sells blackmail and seeks out skeletons in closets, but make no mistake: he is loyal to Trest."
—Leovold
, Dossier on Trestian Agents in Paliano
3/3

IIW: non-Aura enchantment tokens

chetoos

Judging over lunch.

chetoos

Is it obvious I've watched too much Loki recently?
Cythare wrote:
5 months ago
Fblthp, Intrepid Explorer GU
Legendary Creature — Homunculus Scout (R)
When Fblthp, Intrepid Explorer enters the battlefield, it explores.
Whenever a creature you control explores a land, you may put Fblthp into your library third from the top.
When Fblthp leaves the battlefield, put its counters on target creature you control.
1/1

I didn't know that Ixalan had Homunculi. I guess the river heralds made this one out of Jade. Still, makes sense here, and I like how he works as an explore payoff
5 months ago
1) Slimefoot and Squee would be my favorite card ever, if only they were in Sultai colors... :pensive:

Lix and Iba, Jungle's Custodians
1{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Fungus (M)
Whenever Lix and Iba, Jungle's Custodians enters the battlefield or attacks, if a creature you control explored or you descended this turn, create two 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens.
2{B}{G}{U}, Sacrifice two Saprolings: Return Lix and Iba from your graveyard to the battlefield and put up to one other target permanent card in a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. That creature is a green Plant creature in addition to its other colors and types with power and toughness equal to its mana value. Activate only as a sorcery.
3/3
The Mycotyrant's efforts to expand beyond its caverns were rebuffed by the jungle itself.

On Ixalan, Saprolings are native to the plain, but somewhat different as shown on Overgrown Armasaur and Tendershoot Dryad, while the fungal Mycoids are actually invaders from another plane.

As the Mycotyrant starts moving towards the surface, it is met with resistance by Ixalan's native flora and fungi.

2) Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator on Theros, you know, the other plane with avian Sirens:

Malias Calum, Captive Lure
2{U}
Legendary Creature - Siren (R)
Defender
Whenever an opponent attacks you and/or one or more planeswalkers you control, you draw a card and create a tapped Treasure token.
1{U}, T: Target creature an opponent controls attacks you this turn if able.
As long as Malias Calum is modified, it has flying and can attack as though it didn't have defender.
2/2

On Theros, a siren by the name of Malias is captured by pirates that exploit his enthralling song to lure ships for plunder while sedating any armed resistance.

The pirates keep him bound and gagged until needed, only removing the gag after they've plugged their ears with wax, communicating with hand signals.

Malias is biding his time until he can steal something to help him break his bonds, or until some Nyxborn creature bestows upon him a boon.

3) If there was a Rakdos on Kamigawa:

Aku-Dosu, Desecrator of Honor
3{U}{U}{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Demon Spirit (M)
Flying, lifelink, trample
Whenever Aku-Dosu, Desecrator of Honor attacks, you lose half your life and you exile half the cards in your hand and half the non-Demon permanents you control. Round up each time.
Whenever Aku-Dosu deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles half the cards in their hand and half the non-Demon permanents they control. Round up each time.
You may play cards exiled with Aku-Dosu, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast those spells.
7/6
No oath unbroken.

There is one oni no one dares invoke on Kamigawa. Too powerful to bind wth a contract, too treacherous to form a pact with. There is only one promise he honors: "I will betray you."

IIW: Marine creature
The first one just seems like you made a sultai version of the card you like, but the other two are really interesting variants, taking familiar characters and turning them on their head. Very fun.
Ulka wrote:
5 months ago
Autumn Willow, Spirit of Yavimaya 3GG
Legendary Creature - Avatar
Autumn Willow can only be targeted or enchanted as if it were a basic Forest.
At the end of your turn, if you did not play a land, create a tapped Forest land token.
4/4

TIL Autumn Willow is not from Dominaria originally.
Cythare wrote:
5 months ago
Yargle, Glutton of Takenuma 3BB
Legendary Creature — Rat Spirit (U)
Rat soulshift 4 (When this creature dies, you may return target Rat card with mana value 4 or less from your graveyard to your hand.)
When Yar-Kul grew too ambitious for Greasefang's liking, he was turned into a maggot and left in Takenuma to die. The rat that ate that maggot grew to become one with the swamp, always hungry to make up for its previous selfishness.
6/3

Very interesting, turning Yargle on his head here. Unfortunately, the card is too good and too efficient to be from a set with soulshift
lookingupanddown wrote:
5 months ago
Alquist Proft, Master Mudslinger 2UB
Legendary Creature - Elf Advisor
Menace
When Alquist Proft, Master Mudslinger enters the battlefield, investigate.
1UUBB, Sacrifice X Clues: You draw X cards and target opponent loses X life.
"Alquist sells blackmail and seeks out skeletons in closets, but make no mistake: he is loyal to Trest."
—Leovold
, Dossier on Trestian Agents in Paliano
3/3

IIW: non-Aura enchantment tokens
I really like turning him from a detective to this, inverting the white in his colors. Really cool.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon for Malias Calum
Next: Marine Creature

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
5 months ago
The first one just seems like you made a sultai version of the card you like
You say this to my face, despite all the bright colors I used to show that it is unique and special

getbackhere
:omg:
:madhot:
:thinking:
:pensive:
:\

Anyway thanks for the win :P

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”