NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 6 months ago

Foreman of Tawnos 1W
Artifact Creature — Construct Advisor (R)
Whenever an Urza's enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on each Construct you control. Then, if you control a Mine, a Power-Plant, and a Tower, choose an ability from among first strike, lifelink, and vigilance, then put a counter of the chosen type on each Construct you control.
2/2

IIW: Maps or other explore mechanics
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 6 months ago

Doing five things trying to prepare for a weekend trip + a job interview next week, so this will be quick and dirty.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Revenant Tree 2bb
Creature - plant spirit
Landfall - whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. If the land was a forest, that creature gets -3/-2 until end of turn, instead.
Don't worry so much about the animals, it's the trees you need to worry about in this forest
2/5

iiw: more Pokemon as magic fauna
This is actually the exact kind of card I was thinking about. I almost typed "off color" land types. I think it's a natural direction to go. I like that this doesn't require the off-color land. -3/-2 is kinda wild though. Probably need to change the scale here. This dominates any board it's able to stick around in.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Hopping goat 2w
Creature - goat
Landfall- this creature gets +1/+1 until eot. If that land was a mountain, it also gains your choice of first strike, haste, or trample
3/2

(This one isn't a Pokemon)
Iiw: hunters
Same idea here. This one scales better. I like the flavor. Extremely cute. I might shave the power or lose first strike.
Cardz5000 wrote:
6 months ago
Selvala, Intrepid Voyager
1GU
Legendary Creature — Elf Scout
When Selvala enters the battlefield, create Selvala's Charts, a legendary colorless artifact token with hexproof and "Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, note one of its land types that hasn't been noted for this artifact."
T: Add one mana of any color for each land type noted for target permanent you control named Selvala's Charts.
3/3
IIW: Iconic Creatures types in Hybrid colors
This is pretty good. I think there's maybe a way to spread the various triggers and activated abilities around that I like better but I'd run this for now.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
6 months ago
Emerald Kingfisher
1{G}
Creature - Bird (C)
Emerald Kingfisher has flying as long as you control an Island.
2/1

Tree Agate Snails
2{G}
Creature - Snail (U)
{T}: Untap target Forest. Until end of turn, it gains "When this land is tapped for mana, add one mana of any color."
2/4
In some areas, the trees are dotted with these living jewels.

IIW: Slug
Both good. Happy to see this kind of common being posted in 2023.
Ulka wrote:
6 months ago
Shivan Hawk W
Creature - Bird (C)
Flying
Shivan Hawk gets +1/+2 as long as you control a Mountain.
"Normally a hunter, in Shiv the hawks are much more prey than predator."
1/1

IIW: Planar Chaos some cards
Hold on, we just saw this card. Big difference here is that this is a turn 1 2/3 flying off of a Sacred Foundry. I wish that were a playable card in 2023.
Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Foreman of Tawnos 1W
Artifact Creature — Construct Advisor (R)
Whenever an Urza's enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on each Construct you control. Then, if you control a Mine, a Power-Plant, and a Tower, choose an ability from among first strike, lifelink, and vigilance, then put a counter of the chosen type on each Construct you control.
2/2

IIW: Maps or other explore mechanics
Lol. I'm surprised this doesn't make mana, since that seems to be the natural thing to go for here. This does add additional dimensions to the kinds of decks you can make. Should it be Assembly-Workers?

Winner: i'm going with chetoos for the funny hopping goat card
Next: hunters
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 6 months ago

Dragon Falconer
4{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon Hunter (C)
When Dragon Falconer enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
3{B}: Target Dragon or Hunter you control gains deathtouch until end of turn.
1/1
"You use eagles to hunt? How cute!"

With the release of Xavier Sal, Infested Captain, I wanted a black Urbis Protector to provide suitable populate fodder.

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Ah yeah, choosing Constructs instead of Assembly-Workers was an oversight that I should have realized. Oh well!

Stalker of the Sewers 1BG
Creature — Cat Assassin (U)
Menace
When Sheriff of the Sewers enters the battlefield, each player creates a 1/1 black Rat creature token with "This creature can't block."
Whenever a token creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Stalker of the Sewers. Surveil 1.
2/2

IIW: Maps and other explore
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 6 months ago

Tivadar's Vanguard 3WW
Creature - Human Knight
Vigilance
Whenever a Goblin deals damage to Tivadar's Vanguard, prevent that damage. Tivadar's Vanguard deals damage to that Goblin's controller equal to the amount of damage prevented this way.
As with all armies, the most skilled and most zealous of the Knights of Thorn were found in Tivadar's personal guard.
3/3

IIW: what happened to Jace Beleren?

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 6 months ago

Judging tonight. My son is finally home from the hospital

chetoos

Honestly glad for low volume, typing this in bed.
6 months ago
Dragon Falconer
4{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon Hunter (C)
When Dragon Falconer enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
3{B}: Target Dragon or Hunter you control gains deathtouch until end of turn.
1/1
"You use eagles to hunt? How cute!"

With the release of Xavier Sal, Infested Captain, I wanted a black Urbis Protector to provide suitable populate fodder.

Uses the subtype, express purpose, seems cool
Cythare wrote:
6 months ago
Ah yeah, choosing Constructs instead of Assembly-Workers was an oversight that I should have realized. Oh well!

Stalker of the Sewers 1BG
Creature — Cat Assassin (U)
Menace
When Sheriff of the Sewers enters the battlefield, each player creates a 1/1 black Rat creature token with "This creature can't block."
Whenever a token creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Stalker of the Sewers. Surveil 1.
2/2

Kinda already exists from WOE, but different enough. Nice
lookingupanddown wrote:
6 months ago
Tivadar's Vanguard 3WW
Creature - Human Knight
Vigilance
Whenever a Goblin deals damage to Tivadar's Vanguard, prevent that damage. Tivadar's Vanguard deals damage to that Goblin's controller equal to the amount of damage prevented this way.
As with all armies, the most skilled and most zealous of the Knights of Thorn were found in Tivadar's personal guard.
3/3

IIW: what happened to Jace Beleren?
So a 5 mana 3/3 with hella trinket text. Cool

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon
Next: slug

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 6 months ago

Goomy {g/u}
Creature - Dragon Ooze Slug (U)
Evolve
{g/u}: Goomy gets +1/+0 until the end of turn.
T: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. Activate this ability only if this creature has 4 or more +1/+1 counters on it.
1/1

IIW: 3+ subtypes on a card
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

Lord Slug 3gb
Legendary creature - elder slug alien
Lord slug enters the battlefield with 5 -1/-1 counters on it.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a treasure token
Sacrifice 7 treasures: remove all counters from target permanent. If that permanent wasn't Lord Slug, put that many +1/+1 counters on Lord Slug
"Lord Slug the Almighty has returned!"
8/8

Iiw: wishes or dragons
Last edited by chetoos 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

*Untangles myself from my own secretions*

All right, I know a dud when I see one, let's get a move on:
Ulka wrote:
6 months ago
Goomy {g/u}
Creature - Dragon Ooze Slug (U)
Evolve
{g/u}: Goomy gets +1/+0 until the end of turn.
T: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn. Activate this ability only if this creature has 4 or more +1/+1 counters on it.
1/1

IIW: 3+ subtypes on a card
I approve of this creature's types. Also, are you implying this thing breathes slime instead of fire?
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Lord Slug 3gb
Legendary creature - elder slug alien
Lord slug enters the battlefield with 5 -1/-1 counters on it.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a treasure token
Sacrifice 7 treasures: remove all counters from target permanent
"Hey, it's Jesus's death army! Something about what I just said doesn't sound right." - Citizen, seeing Lord Slug's army.
8/8

Iiw: wishes or dragons
What did you just make me read.

On it's own merits, an interesting intersection of green and black's abilities. Perhaps reskinned as something more, er, resonant (consumer-friendly) might make for a good card.

Results:
Winner: Ulka, because look at the alternative

Next:
3+ subtypes on a card

chetoos

Malfunctioning Manufactor 3
Artifact Creature - Assembly-Worker Construct Mutant
If you would create a food token, a treasure token, or a clue token, instead create a food clue treasure token.
By the time the staff at Tolarian Academy discovered it, too many students were enjoying the error, so they had to call it a feature.
2/3

IIW: Riff on another card.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 6 months ago

Curse of Painful Memories 1B
Enchantment — Aura Curse Saga {R}
Enchant player
[I-II]: Curse of Painful Memories gains "Whenever enchanted player draws a card, they lose 1 life."
[III]: Enchanted player draws three cards.

IIW: the number 50
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Artificial Manticore
3{B}{R}
Creature - Cat Dragon Scorpion (U)
Flying, deathtouch, haste
Unleash
4/3

Synthetic Chimera
2{U}{R}
Creature - Cat Goat Dragon (U)
Flying, trample
Whenever Synthetic Chimera attacks, you may switch its power and toughness until end of turn.
1/5

IIW: Dinosaur

chetoos

The Glory of Phyrexia
Art: The 3 compleated planeswalkers in a charlie's angels pose.
Legendary Planeswalker - Tamiyo Nahiri Vraska
Compleated, wither
+3 - Choose target creature. If that creature is untapped, tap it and put a stun counter on it. Otherwise, The Glory of Phyrexia deals 2 damage to it, and that creature's controller loses 2 life.
-4 - Draw a card, then discard a card. Create a treasure. You may exile a permanent card with lesser mana value than the discarded card from your graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of the exiled card.
-14 - You gain an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, target opponent gets a poison counter." Draw 3 cards, then create a white 1/1 phyrexian warrior creature token with toxic 1 for each opponent.

The gatewatch united 2URW
Art: Gideon stopping a wall of eternals with his body while Jace and Chandra blast from behind him.
Legendary Planeswalker - Gideon Jace Chandra
As long as it's your turn, the gatewatch united is a 4/4 human soldier creature with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each card you've drawn this turn.", Indestructible, and "Prevent all damage that would be dealt to this creature."
Whenever one or more loyalty counter is removed from the gatewatch united, draw a card.
+1 - Up to one other target creature gets +2/+0, and gains first strike and "whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card."
-8 - Exile target permanent, draw a number of cards equal to that card's mana value. The gatewatch united deals damage to another target creature equal to that card's mana value.

IIW: Planeswalker teamups, whether 2 on one card, or just a card showing 2 walkers working together.
Last edited by chetoos 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

@Ulka judge?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Urza's Quartzlens
Legendary Land - Urza's Mountain Plains (M)
(T: Add R or W.)
Urza's Quartzlens enters the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on it.
X1R, T: Add two times X W. Each opponent sacrifices an artifact with mana value X or less. X can't be zero.
X1W, T: Add two times X R. Assembly-Workers, Constructs, and Thopters you control get +1/+X until end of turn. X can't be zero.

IIW: More mythic lands
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Celestial Kabuto 2GW
Artifact Creature - Equipment Insect Spirit (R)
Flying, first strike, trample, vigilance
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has flying, first strike, trample, and vigilance.
GW: Celestial Kabuto and equipped creature each gain indestructible until end of turn.
Reconfigure 3
2/2

IIW: Stuff directly referencing 2HG or other team Magic
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 6 months ago

Rupture Farms Enforcer 2BR
Artifact Creature — Slig Robot Soldier (R)
Menace
When Rupture Farms Enforcer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 red Slog creature token with haste.
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Rupture Farms Enforcer.
2/2

Crawling Slig {B/R}
Artifact Creature — Slig Robot Soldier (U)
Menace
As long as Crawling Slig isn't equipped, it can't attack or block, and it's not a Robot or an artifact.
1/1

IIW: Speculate for Outlaws of Thunder Junction
Last edited by spacemonaut 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Bonded Kannushi G
Enchantment Creature - Shrine Human Druid (R)
Bonded Kannushi has vigilance as long as you control another Shrine.
At the beginning of your end step, if you control three or more other Shrines, create a token that's a copy of Bonded Kannushi if it's not a token and put a +1/+1 counter on if it's a token.
T: Draw a card. When you do, add three mana of any one color. Activate only as a sorcery and only if you control five or more other Shrines.
2/1

IIW: Mythics that would fit in Streets of New Capenna or SNC Commander

Ulka

The cards
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Malfunctioning Manufactor 3
Artifact Creature - Assembly-Worker Construct Mutant
If you would create a food token, a treasure token, or a clue token, instead create a food clue treasure token.
By the time the staff at Tolarian Academy discovered it, too many students were enjoying the error, so they had to call it a feature.
2/3

IIW: Riff on another card.

ooooo I love the combo of card types here and love the tri-tokens.
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
Curse of Painful Memories 1B
Enchantment — Aura Curse Saga {R}
Enchant player
[I-II]: Curse of Painful Memories gains "Whenever enchanted player draws a card, they lose 1 life."
[III]: Enchanted player draws three cards.

IIW: the number 50
okay this is neat. I love the design space and would be very interested to see more curses done this way.
6 months ago
Artificial Manticore
3{B}{R}
Creature - Cat Dragon Scorpion (U)
Flying, deathtouch, haste
Unleash
4/3

Synthetic Chimera
2{U}{R}
Creature - Cat Goat Dragon (U)
Flying, trample
Whenever Synthetic Chimera attacks, you may switch its power and toughness until end of turn.
1/5

IIW: Dinosaur
oh no. the thing I feared most. things that actually are made of 3+ things, I love the combos of types but even more so these both seem fun for peasant cubes.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
The Glory of Phyrexia
Legendary Planeswalker - Tamiyo Nahiri Vraska
Compleated, wither
+3 - Choose target creature. If that creature is untapped, tap it and put a stun counter on it. Otherwise, The Glory of Phyrexia deals 2 damage to it, and that creature's controller loses 2 life.
-4 - Draw a card, then discard a card. Create a treasure. You may exile a permanent card with lesser mana value than the discarded card from your graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of the exiled card.
-14 - You gain an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, target opponent gets a poison counter." Draw 3 cards, then create a white 1/1 phyrexian warrior creature token with toxic 1 for each opponent.

The gatewatch united 2URW
Legendary Planeswalker - Gideon Jace Chandra
As long as it's your turn, the gatewatch united is a 4/4 human soldier creature with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each card you've drawn this turn.", Indestructible, and "Prevent all damage that would be dealt to this creature."
Whenever one or more loyalty counter is removed from the gatewatch united, draw a card.
+1 - Up to one other target creature gets +2/+0, and gains first strike and "whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card."
-8 - Exile target permanent, draw a number of cards equal to that card's mana value. The gatewatch united deals damage to another target creature equal to that card's mana value.

IIW: Planeswalker teamups, whether 2 on one card, or just a card showing 2 walkers working together.
Planeswalker team up cards are a cool design space. I think these would have been cooler of a design back when you could only have 1 of each planeswalker on your side of the field but still super cool design space.
void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
Urza's Quartzlens
Legendary Land - Urza's Mountain Plains (M)
(T: Add R or W.)
Urza's Quartzlens enters the battlefield tapped with a stun counter on it.
X1R, T: Add two times X W. Each opponent sacrifices an artifact with mana value X or less. X can't be zero.
X1W, T: Add two times X R. Assembly-Workers, Constructs, and Thopters you control get +1/+X until end of turn. X can't be zero.

IIW: More mythic lands
I was missing a Sunglasses of Urza reference on the card but overall pretty neat.
void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
Celestial Kabuto 2GW
Artifact Creature - Equipment Insect Spirit (R)
Flying, first strike, trample, vigilance
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has flying, first strike, trample, and vigilance.
GW: Celestial Kabuto and equipped creature each gain indestructible until end of turn.
Reconfigure 3
2/2

IIW: Stuff directly referencing 2HG or other team Magic
All I can think of is the pokemon Kabuto which makes it hard to see this as WG but alas.
spacemonaut wrote:
6 months ago
Rupture Farms Enforcer 2BR
Artifact Creature — Slig Robot Soldier (R)
When Rupture Farms Enforcer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 red Slog creature token with haste.
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Rupture Farms Enforcer.
2/2

Crawling Slig {B/R}
Artifact Creature — Slig Robot Soldier (U)
As long as Crawling Slig isn't equipped, it can't attack or block, and it's not a Robot or an artifact.
1/1

IIW: Speculate for Outlaws of Thunder Junction
The renforcer feels way below the power curve for a rare but otherwise I'm curious on the lore as I'm drawing a blank but i like the design space.
Winner Winner Chicken-Elf-Lizard Dinner
Show
Hide
HM: chetoos for the walker combos

Winner: Megiddo

Next up: the number 50

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

50 is a nice number

Also yes I was going for superpowered Sunglasses of Urza

Ulka

Added judgement on the card that slid in when I was judging:

I wanted this to be a Dryad instead of a human so bad but I like the design space of replicating shrines.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

No dryads on Kamigawa tho!

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
6 months ago
No dryads on Kamigawa tho!

Ugh fair. Maybe with the planes more connected dryads from theros will bond with the shrines on Kamigawa one day.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Oh no I was too slow to enter the 3+ types. That's okay.

Mini Nuke BR
Sorcery (U)
Kicker—Sacrifice an artifact.
Mini Nuke deals 50 damage to target creature, planeswalker, or battle. If Mini Nuke was kicked, that permanent loses indestructible until end of turn.
(Fallout Franchise UB)

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”