NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 6 months ago

Possibilities Discovered 3RR
Enchantment {M}
Whenever a player casts a spell from their hand, that player exiles it, then discovers X, where X is the exiled spell's mana value.

IIW: "whenever you cast an instant or sorcery"
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 6 months ago

Jurassic Park cards (before more get spoiled):

Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs
3{G}{G}{G}
Creature - Dinosaur (R)
Trample
When Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs enters the battlefield, target opponent creates a 3/2 green Dinosaur creature token named Tyrannosaur Chick.
When Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs attacks, it must attack a player controlling a creature named Tyrannosur Chick if able.
Prevent all damage dealt by Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs to creatures named Tyrannosaur Chick.
10/12

Dennis Nedry, Park Programmer
1{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Human (R)
Whte_rbt.obj- When Dennis Nedry, Park Programmer enters the battlefield, until the beginning of your next turn, each other permanent that is an artifact or an enchantment loses all abilities.
Dilo Attack! -When Dennis Nedry dies, create a tapped token that is a copy of Spitting Dilophosaurus.
1/3

IIW: Snail
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Ghoul Swarm 2BB
Creature - Zombie Mutant (Or whatever type fallout ghouls end up being)
Myriad, menace
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, that player gets that many rad counters.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Ghoul Swarm this turn dies, its controller gets a rad counter.
3/3

IIW: Universes Beyond: Avatar: the last airbender
Feral Ghoul shows that Zombie Mutant is indeed the right type. This is effective at what it does and mean - it's going to cause a lot of mill and life loss and also can't be chump blocked effectively. Ultimately not going to make you friends.
Ulka wrote:
6 months ago
Gnawing Swarm 1B
Creature - Rat Horror (R)
Reveal Gnawing Swarm as you draft it and note how many cards you've drafted this draft round, including Gnawing Swarm.
Gnawing Swarm gains all abilities of an equal to or lower number then the highest number you noted for cards named Gnawing Swarm.
1—5 | Whenever Gnawing Swarm attacks, defending player discards a card.
6—10 | Gnawing Swarm has Myriad.
11-14 | Gnawing Swarm has Menace and Haste.
15 | Gnawing Swarm gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each card discarded this turn.
2/2

IIW: Multiplayer Draft matters cards
This is such a neat and tense psychological game - how high can you let it go before someone hatedrafts it or, indeed, thinks it's strong enough to just pick for its own merits? The fifteenth-pick version is almost never going to happen but it's scary enough that it's worth the wait (but in order for it to work the way I think you want it to, that first ability needs to be something like "Whenever this attacks or ETBs attacking..."
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
Possibilities Discovered 3RR
Enchantment {M}
Whenever a player casts a spell from their hand, that player exiles it, then discovers X, where X is the exiled spell's mana value.

IIW: "whenever you cast an instant or sorcery"
Obviously a Possibility Storm riff, although it's oddly a quite boring one in practice - the nature of discover means that it'll usually lead to hitting something with lower CMC than was originally cast. Another card that will make you the enemy of the table, probably a lot more so than chetoos's entry would in fact.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
6 months ago
Jurassic Park cards (before more get spoiled):

Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs
3{G}{G}{G}
Creature - Dinosaur (R)
Trample
When Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs enters the battlefield, target opponent creates a 3/2 green Dinosaur creature token named Tyrannosaur Chick.
When Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs attacks, it must attack a player controlling a creature named Tyrannosur Chick if able.
Prevent all damage dealt by Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs to creatures named Tyrannosaur Chick.
10/12

Dennis Nedry, Park Programmer
1{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Human (R)
Whte_rbt.obj- When Dennis Nedry, Park Programmer enters the battlefield, until the beginning of your next turn, each other permanent that is an artifact or an enchantment loses all abilities.
Dilo Attack! -When Dennis Nedry dies, create a tapped token that is a copy of Spitting Dilophosaurus.
1/3

Mated-Pair Tyrannosaurs is certainly flavorful but the function isn't QUITE what I'd expect - maybe something like "This attacks each combat if able and attacks a player who controls a permanent named Tyrannosaur Chick if able"? Dennis Nedry is fine, but he's already gotten his JW Collection depiction in the card he creates a token of.

Winner: @Ulka
Next: Multiplayer draft-matters cards
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Deal Broker 2 3
Artifact Creature — Construct {R}
Draft Deal Broker 2.0 face up.
Haste
After the draft, for each of your teammates, you may simultaneously exchange a card from your card pool with a card from that player's card pool. You can't exchange cards named Deal Broker 2.0 this way. (You and your teammates can discuss before exchanging.)
3/3

IIW: big step forward
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 6 months ago

From Conspiracy 3: Command-spiracy

Embezzlement
Conspiracy ()
Hidden Information: At the beginning of the game, choose an opponent secretly. You may reveal which opponent you've chosen at any time.
Whenever an opponent casts their commander, you create a treasure token. Then, if that opponent is your chosen opponent, create a treasure token for each time they've cast that commander from the command zone this game.
(You can only use this conspiracy if it's colors are in your commander's color identity)

Command Expansionist 4
Artifact Creature - Construct
Draft Command Expansionist face up.
The next card drafted from this pack is revealed. You note all colors of that card. During deckbuilding, those colors are considered to be part of your commander's color identity in addition to their other colors.
Command Expansionist is all colors noted for cards named Command Expansionist.
Myriad.
2/3

IIW: Avatar: The last airbender universes beyond
Last edited by chetoos 6 months ago, edited 5 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

i'm out of ideas.
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 6 months ago

I'll judge tomorrow during my lunch break or just after work depending on how busy lunch is.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

Ulka wrote:
6 months ago
I'll judge tomorrow during my lunch break or just after work depending on how busy lunch is.
Noooo! You added a caveat to your message, so I can't even make a lazy italian lunch joke!

chetoos

I think it's time for @Ulka to judge, or Megiddo is gonna have one awkward alternative judging session.

Megiddo
MEG

somebody else enter so that we don't have a judgment by defaut!

this is a very narrow challenge IMO, so I understand why we only have two… but if you see this feel free to throw some fun entries at me that I'll have to wade through tomorrow morning.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Substitute Teacher
2{U}{U}
Creature - Djinn Wizard (R)
Flying
Whenever you learn, instead of revealing a Lesson card, you may reveal a card you drafted that isn't in your deck and put it it into your hand.
Inspired -Whenever Substitute Teacher becomes untapped, you may pay 2{U}. If you do, learn.
2/4

Megiddo
MEG

Let's keep this moving.
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
Deal Broker 2 3
Artifact Creature — Construct {R}
Draft Deal Broker 2.0 face up.
Haste
After the draft, for each of your teammates, you may simultaneously exchange a card from your card pool with a card from that player's card pool. You can't exchange cards named Deal Broker 2.0 this way. (You and your teammates can discuss before exchanging.)
3/3

IIW: big step forward
Sure.
chetoos wrote:
6 months ago
Embezzlement
Conspiracy ()
Hidden Information: At the beginning of the game, choose an opponent secretly. You may reveal which opponent you've chosen at any time.
Whenever an opponent casts their commander, you create a treasure token. Then, if that opponent is your chosen opponent, create a treasure token for each time they've cast that commander from the command zone this game.
(You can only use this conspiracy if it's colors are in your commander's color identity)

Command Expansionist 4
Artifact Creature - Construct
Draft Command Expansionist face up.
The next card drafted from this pack is revealed. You note all colors of that card. During deckbuilding, those colors are considered to be part of your commander's color identity in addition to their other colors.
Command Expansionist is all colors noted for cards named Command Expansionist.
Myriad.
2/3

IIW: Avatar: The last airbender universes beyond
*brief* digression on the IIW, and this is not directed at you but more for general dissemination, historically we've had trouble with outside IP cards as far as people getting entries. Usually people have to research it, and most people aren't going to bother. No matter how popular your thing is (I like ATLA for example and would make some cards for it), you're limiting the audience. Now that we're in UB world it's more of a Thing but I think best practice is to provide an alternate challenge or, maybe, a brief explainer so that people can design off of a concept without doing research.

Ok, on to the actual cards. This is for a Commander Conspiracy draft format, which is, yeah, probably something we'll see sooner than later. I like the commander color identity restriction for conspiracies. That's a clever way to restrict them that makes perfect sense in this format. My only question: This, being BW, requires a BW+ Commander, right?
I'm not as sure about Command Expansionist, only because past Commander draft formats have had more environmental ways to allow players to get a reasonable color identity (The Prismatic Piper and multiple types of partner (including background) being the ones I remember). I'm a little skeptical of a draft robot that allows this surviving through to print. That said, this is a natural card to design for this format, and that makes it a positive.
6 months ago
Substitute Teacher
2{U}{U}
Creature - Djinn Wizard (R)
Flying
Whenever you learn, instead of revealing a Lesson card, you may reveal a card you drafted that isn't in your deck and put it it into your hand.
Inspired -Whenever Substitute Teacher becomes untapped, you may pay 2{U}. If you do, learn.
2/4

Lol, next time I pinch judge I'm going to link a Youtube video for the class to watch instead of actually evaluating the cards. I like the idea of replacing the Learn action with any card. I'd look for something more exciting than Inspired, personally, but I think this concept could be a splashy and exciting rare for a return to Strixhaven.

Winner: chetoos
Next: Avatar: The last airbender universes beyond*

*per my note I will copy and paste an excerpt from the show's Wikipedia page for those who may not be aware: Avatar is set in an Asian and Artic-inspired world in which some people can telekinetically manipulate one of the four elements—water, earth, fire or air—through practices known as "bending", inspired by Chinese martial arts. The only individual who can bend all four elements, the "Avatar", is responsible for maintaining harmony among the world's four nations, and serves as the link between the physical world and the spirit world.
MEG

chetoos

Alternate challenge: monks with elemental powers

Sporegorger_Dragon

Fire-Scarred Youth
1{R}{W}
Creature - Human Warrior (U)
Prowess
Heroic -Whenever you cast a spell that targets Fire-Scarred Youth, put a +1/+1 counter on Fire-Scarred Youth and untap it.
3/2
Redemption can begin anytime, but never ends.

Alternate flavor text:
"Wait, so you had an abusive father and a sibling with blue flames as well?" -Zuko, to Shouto Todoroki

Commiseration
2{R}
Sorcery
This spell costs {1} less if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn
Discard up to two cards. If you discarded at least one card this way, draw that many cards plus one.
"That's rough, buddy." -Zuko

IIW: Snails
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
My only question: This, being , requires a + Commander, right?
I'm not as sure about Command Expansionist, only because past Commander draft formats have had more environmental ways to allow players to get a reasonable color identity (The Prismatic Piper and multiple types of partner (including background) being the ones I remember). I'm a little skeptical of a draft robot that allows this surviving through to print. That said, this is a natural card to design for this format, and that makes it a positive.
To answer both comments: Yes, that is what that means. You need to be in orzhov at least to play that conspiracy. There might be mono-colored conspiracies, but you need both colors for this one.
As for the robot, it's true that might not make it to print as is, but you're also dependent on what your next drafter will pick. They might screw you over and pick a colorless card, or they could pick something already in your color identity. Either way, I think it's a fair card for the draft, especially since it's a little underpowered for a card in your 59.

Megiddo
MEG

oh, i misread it. i sort of assumed that it made you reveal the next card YOU draft.
MEG

chetoos

No, I was going more for a Cogwork Spy effect

chetoos

Alright, can we get some more entries before tonight so I don't have to use a default judgement.

Megiddo
MEG

Combustion Man 1RR
Creature — Human Wizard {R}
Ward 2
At the beginning of your end step, put a combustion counter on Combustion Man, then Combustion Man deals 3 damage to any target.
When Combustion Man dies, it deals damage to you and to each creature you control equal to the number of combustion counters on it.
2/3

IIW: the supernatural
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Metalbender Corps 1GG
Creature — Human Soldier {R}
Trample
2G: Any number of target artifact tokens you control phase out. Metalbender Corps gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each artifact that phases out this way.
3/2

IIW: Aquatic creatures
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Bloodbending 1UU
Sorcery {R}
Choose one —
• Gain control of target creature with power 2 or less.
• Put a severance counter on target nonland permanent. That permanent loses all abilities for as long as it has a severance counter on it.

IIW: lights out
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Air Bison 5WW
Creature — Ox {U}
Flying
Whenever Air Bison attacks, up to two target creatures you control gain flying until end of turn.
Plainscycling 2
5/5

IIW: A new creature type. race or class accepted.
MEG

chetoos

Well, it's not quite a default judgement, but oh well. I'll try to be more broad in my IIWs in the future.
6 months ago
Fire-Scarred Youth
1{R}{W}
Creature - Human Warrior (U)
Prowess
Heroic -Whenever you cast a spell that targets Fire-Scarred Youth, put a +1/+1 counter on Fire-Scarred Youth and untap it.
3/2
Redemption can begin anytime, but never ends.

Alternate flavor text:
"Wait, so you had an abusive father and a sibling with blue flames as well?" -Zuko, to Shouto Todoroki

Commiseration
2{R}
Sorcery
This spell costs {1} less if a permanent you controlled left the battlefield this turn
Discard up to two cards. If you discarded at least one card this way, draw that many cards plus one.
"That's rough, buddy." -Zuko

IIW: Snails
These both feel like great reprints for the commander decks, a la Chaos Warp|88178, but neither of them are specific to ATLA, as you point out in the alt flavor text. That said, these both feel like good, solid playables, though maybe commiseration should work like other rummage effects recently, giving you at least one draw even without discards.
Megiddo wrote:
6 months ago
Combustion Man 1RR
Creature — Human Wizard {R}
Ward 2
At the beginning of your end step, put a combustion counter on Combustion Man, then Combustion Man deals 3 damage to any target.
When Combustion Man dies, it deals damage to you and to each creature you control equal to the number of combustion counters on it.
2/3

Metalbender Corps 1GG
Creature — Human Soldier {R}
Trample
2G: Any number of target artifact tokens you control phase out. Metalbender Corps gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each artifact that phases out this way.
3/2

Bloodbending 1UU
Sorcery {R}
Choose one —
• Gain control of target creature with power 2 or less.
• Put a severance counter on target nonland permanent. That permanent loses all abilities for as long as it has a severance counter on it.

Air Bison 5WW
Creature — Ox {U}
Flying
Whenever Air Bison attacks, up to two target creatures you control gain flying until end of turn.
Plainscycling 2
5/5

IIW: A new creature type. race or class accepted.

IIW: lights out

IIW: the supernatural

IIW: Aquatic creatures
I'm just combining all of these into one group, since it really is just one entry. I love all of these, as just hitting cool corners of the world, and getting really nice flavor workings. Combustion man is great on his own, but these are all sweet

Winner: Megiddo
Next: A new creature type. race or class accepted. OR lights out OR the supernatural OR Aquatic creatures

Sporegorger_Dragon

Trepanation Trepang
3{U}{B}
Creature - Sea-Cucumber (R)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player discards a card.
At the beginning of your end step, if you descended this turn, create a 1/1 blue and black Sea-Cucumber Ooze creature tokens with "When this creature dies, put a stun counter on up to one creature."
6/6

Auto-Eviscerating Holuthurian
5{B}
Creature - Sea-Cucumber (U)
Defender
When Auto-Eviscerating Holuthurian is dealt damage, you may pay {1}. When you do, another target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the damage dealt.
0/7
Some sea-cucumbers can eject their internal organs as a defensive tactic, leaving the attacker entangled in toxic sticky tubules.

Cave Barnacle
2{B}
Creature - Barnacle (U)
Defender, first strike
Cave Barnacle has reach as long as you control a Cave.
2/4
Once you're in range, it's already too late.

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 6 months ago

Meletis Usurer 2W
Creature — Human Banker (R)
Whenever Meletis Usurer or another Banker enters the battlefield, create a Treasure token.
Whenever you sacrifice two or more Treasures, create a Treasure token. This ability triggers only once each turn.
2/2

IIW: Treasures
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”