Mono color basic land choice

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 9 months ago

I love ice age snow covereds, wish I had enough for my decks and they were available in foil :)

BaronCappuccino
Answers: 1

Post by BaronCappuccino » 9 months ago

For Azami, I've made a strenuous effort to handpick my printings. I split my basics 20 and 20 between the two displayed below. I think they're as on theme as one can get.

~

Jemolk
Compulsive Jank Builder

Post by Jemolk » 9 months ago

For me, this doesn't just apply to mono-color. I have a very strong preference for my basics to be either all the same or all different, with a further preference for all different. I won't mix full art with regular art at all, and I try to stick to either all old-frame or all modern-frame as well. I also try to theme my basics to the deck. So, Doran Treefolk tribal has Lorwyn basics, Bolas has Amonkhet/Hour full art basics, my dice rolling D&D deck has the full swath of AFR and CLB basics for its two colors, Kamigawa Spirits has the Japanese Kamigawa full art basics, Shrine Tribal has my foil Champions basics, and Tovolar has the black and white Innistrad full art basics. Sometimes it's difficult to get all different basics just due to the sheer number of them and the other restrictions I place on myself, though, especially in mono-color. In those cases, I go for all the same if I can manage it. Then, it ends up dictated more than anything else by what I have ~30 spare copies of.
39 Commander decks and counting. I'm sure this is fine, and not at all a problem.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 9 months ago

I tried foiling out some decks early on. I just make too many changes and drop and make new decks too often to really bother with it myself. At this point I mostly just buy the cheapest versions of everything maybe splurging for some foil or alt versioning for a commander here and there but that is most all I bother with anymore.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Mookie
Answers: 48
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 9 months ago

I like the BW Innistrad basics for my Teysa deck from an aesthetic perspective, since it's a wb graveyard deck... but the 'I'm not sure what color these lands produce' problem is very real. I've miscounted my available mana or accidentally kept bad hands multiple times.

That said, I'll note that I don't buy new basics that aggressively - most of the basics I pick up are when I need another $0.50 for free shipping. xD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”