Witch's Clinic and Non Creature Commanders

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

I was just thinking about utilizing Witch's Clinic's lifelink on Urabrask's backside for the first stage of the saga (assuming it is my commander). I think it works but I just figured I would double check.

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
Yeah, no issue there. Your commander(s) are the ones you designated before the game began and there's no way to change that status in-game at present; a commander is a commander regardless of what face it's on or what card type it is, and Witch's Clinic doesn't specify a card type you have to target. You can readily activate the Clinic's ability in response to The Great Work's first chapter trigger, giving the Saga lifelink before it deals its damage.
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Yeah, no issue there. Your commander(s) are the ones you designated before the game began and there's no way to change that status in-game at present; a commander is a commander regardless of what face it's on or what card type it is, and Witch's Clinic doesn't specify a card type you have to target. You can readily activate the Clinic's ability in response to The Great Work's first chapter trigger, giving the Saga lifelink before it deals its damage.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”