Korvold Brew

BeneTleilax
Pronoun: he / him

Post by BeneTleilax » 4 years ago

Well, with Korvold spoiled, it looks like it's time to bid my Mazirek deck farewell. I decided to go with a more lands-y theme for this deck, to better color-fix and ramp, and because meaninful land destruction is pretty verboten in my meta.
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

The general gameplan is just to grind out value from sacrifices, while ramping to try and bring Korvold in as quickly as possible. Once he's out, he can start dealing scary amounts of commander damage in the air, with creature beats and aristocrat damage as a backup wincon. My meta tends to be fairly averse to infinite combos, but strong synergies are common, and at least one person tries to go off around turn 10. This is still very much in the theorycrafting phase, so let me know if there are any glaring weaknesses or neat cards I missed.
Last edited by BeneTleilax 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Bloodghast seems like it would be really sweet in this deck.

I was going to check on treasure and eldrazi production but it looks like you have a bit of that already. Brass's Bounty might still be really cool given that its like, a free draw 7 / pump 7 on the commander.

You could split your basic lands with snow basics which would make the Field of the Dead a little more consistent. Lotus Field seems a tad random to me in this list as well. I normally like it a bit more in white with access to effects that get lands if you have less than opponents as well as things like Sun Titan / Crucible of Worlds. (oh I am dumb, the sac draws with commander obviously.)

There is nothing wrong with Tormod's Crypt but I often spring for Nihil Spellbomb instead when in black. Thoughts?
Last edited by ISBPathfinder 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 4 years ago

Please remove Temple of the False God. Aside from being terrible in general, you may be sacrificing lands to your general, or to Olle, or to Lotus Field. It's bad, and you shouldn't run it.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 4 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Bloodghast seems like it would be really sweet in this deck.
Yeah, that's one I just missed, repeatable nontoken fodder is great.
ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Brass's Bounty might still be really cool given that its like, a free draw 7 / pump 7 on the commander.
Yes, I would like a red, one-sided Time-Spiral without discard. Good catch. I'm considering Ruthless Knave as well, the trick is figuring out what to cut for him.
ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
You could split your basic lands with snow basics which would make the Field of the Dead a little more consistent.
Sure, why not?
ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
There is nothing wrong with Tormod's Crypt but I often spring for Nihil Spellbomb instead when in black. Thoughts?
I'm already drawing a card off it with my commander, and free is vastly better than 1, IMO.
Sharpened wrote:
4 years ago
Please remove Temple of the False God. Aside from being terrible in general, you may be sacrificing lands to your general, or to Olle, or to Lotus Field. It's bad, and you shouldn't run it.
I was already kind on the fence, as colorless ramp isn't great here, you're probably right. A combination of my meta's lack of LD and free first mulligan makes me evaluate it higher than I would in a vacuum, particularly in grindier, ramp-ish lists. Command Beacon seems quite solid here, as Korvold gets pricey, and it should be relatively easy to recur itself.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”