NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

"Philly" you weird ghoul
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

The Common Cold U
Enchantment- Aura (C)
Enchant creature.
Vanishing 4
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0. It doesn't untap during its controller's untap step unless its controller pays 1.
If a creature blocks or becomes blocked by enchanted creature, create a token that's a copy of The Common Cold and attach it to that creature.

IIW: Blue or green goblins

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

A bit more development on Read along (now Sing-along)
Render
Show
Hide
drake.JPG
I'll judge in ~4 hours.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

are verse counters like energy?
MEG

Juancu

@Megiddo : Yes.
Judgings
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Coldersteel Heart 4
Snow Artifact (U)
Coldersteel Heart enters the battlefield tapped.
As Coldersteel Heart enters the battlefield, choose a color.
: Add two mana of the chosen color.

Colder-Eyed Selkie
Creature- Merfolk Rogue (R)
Islandwalk, Forestwalk (This creature can't be blocked as long as defending player controls an Island or a Forest.)
Whenever Colder-Eyed Selkie deals combat damage to a player, you may draw that many cards.
1/5

Lovisa Coldereyes 6RRR
Legendary Creature- Human Noble (M)
Affinity for Barbarians, Warriors, Berserkers, Knights, and Soldiers
Each creature that's a Barbarian, a Warrior, or a Berserker, Knight, or Soldier, gets +2/+2. Those creatures have rampage 2 and haste
4/3

Colder Storage 2
Artifact (R)
2: Exile target creature you control.
T,Sacrifice Colder Storage: Return each creature exiled with Colder Storage to the battlefield under your control.
These cards are colder than sub-zero. I'm not finding too much innovation, though, and I'm big on that for judging.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Iceheart Reaver SS
Snow Artifact — Vehicle (R)
Menace
Whenever Iceheart Reaver deals combat damage to a player, they choose artifact, creature, or land. That player can untap only permanents of the chosen type during their next untap step.
Tap two other nonland snow permanents you control: Iceheart Reaver becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.
4/2
The crew cost is interesting. You trade being able to crew with a single medium-creature, for the ability to crew with snow mana stones. Still, it enters constructed level of dependency, so I can't evaluate the power level too well.
CunningGabe wrote:
1 year ago
'S Cold 1U
Instant (C)
Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it. Put an additional stun counter on it for each S used to cast this spell.
From 1 to 3. Impede momentum does 3 already and a scry, but it's a sorcery. I think this is one the same power level, but I don't like impede momentum too much. I'm probably too much of a scrub, don't liking pure tempo cards.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Mild Infection
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0 and has "whenever this creature becomes tapped, put a stun counter on this creature."
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may attach this aura to that creature.
"It's very interesting to me that a similar infection carries a name related to low temperatures on almost every plane I've visited." - Jace

Dish Best served cold 1UbB
Sorcery
Destroy target creature, then put a stun counter on each tapped creature that creature's controller controls.
"Have you heard the ancient Obscura proverb about Revenge, Mr. Nixilis?" - Evelyn, the covetous
I really like the Mild infection, but it reminds me of graft. So many triggers...
"Dish best served cold" is an awesome name, but the flavor should be of delayed vengeance (and possibly of the gratification found in it) and I'm not feeling it here.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
The Common Cold U
Enchantment- Aura (C)
Enchant creature.
Vanishing 4
Enchanted creature gets -1/-0. It doesn't untap during its controller's untap step unless its controller pays 1.
If a creature blocks or becomes blocked by enchanted creature, create a token that's a copy of The Common Cold and attach it to that creature.
Cool, but hard to use. Maybe in a deck with many 0/5s, you could give an aggro deck troubles (a big headache, actually, since these can multiply until it's quite debilitating.)
Get it?
HM: cheeto's mild infection.
Winner: Cythare
Next: Modern-day Eldraine
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Irencrag Reignited 1RRRR
Legendary Artifact {M}
If a source you control would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals double that damage to that permanent or player instead.
Knights and equipped creatures you control get +1/+0 and have haste.

IIW: sea and/or sky
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

The Great Henge, Enduring 8gg
Legendary Artifact
This spell costs less to cast, where X is the number of creatures you control.
: add for each creature you control.
At the beginning of your end step, draw a card, then gain a life for each creature that entered the battlefield under your control this turn.
No matter what else happens to the wilds, the henge provides shelter for all who need it.

Faerie litigators 2uu
Creature - faerie advisor
Flying
When Faerie Litigators enters the battlefield, and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose up to one target permanent that attacked or activated an ability during it's controller's last turn. That permanent can't attack or block, and it loses all abilities until your next turn.
"If you'll just give us your name right here..."
2/3

IIW: Help green aggro and/or stompy in standard or alchemy.
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Shard of the Magic Mirror 1U
Legendary Artifact - Equipment {M}
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, put a knowledge counter on Shard of the Magic Mirror.
When equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may transform Shard of the Magic Mirror.
Equip 1

//

Wisdom of the Magic Mirror
Legendary Enchantment {M}
When this enchantment transforms into Wisdom of the Magic Mirror and the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card for each knowledge counter on Wisdom of the Magic Mirror.

IIW: tbd
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Delivery Sprite
2{U}
Creature - Faerie Citizen (U)
When Delivery Sprite enters the battlefield, draw a card if you've cast another spell this turn.
2/1
=============
Express Delivery
1{U}
Instant - Adventure
The next spell you cast this turn can be cast as though it had flash.
Draw a card.

Part-Time Knight
1{G}
Creature - Human Citizen (C)
2{W}: Until end of turn, Part-Time Knight gets +2/+2, gains vigilance and is a Knight in addition to its other types. Activate this ability only once per turn.
2/2
"Hope I get more hours next week."

IIW: Mario enemy
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones

Sewer Monster 2BB
Creature- Crocodile Horror (U)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life.
Inspector Alin realized in one moment that he had solved a dozen disappearances. In the next moment he wondered who would solve his.
4/3
||||||||||||||||||||
Adopt the Adorable
Sorcery- Adventure
Untap target creature and gain control of it until end of turn. It gets -3/-0 and gains haste until end of turn.
"Cute!"

Delicious Candy 1
Artifact- Food (C)
You may have Delicious Candy enter the battlefield under an opponent's control. If you do, it deals 2 damage to target creature that player controls.
1,T, Sacrifice Delicious Candy: Gain 3 life.
Only a few of them had razor blades, so it was worth the risk.

Garrulous Grifter 2B
Creature- Human Rogue (C)
Adamant-- If at least three black mana was spent to cast this spell, draw a card and lose 1 life when it enters the battlefield.
When Garrulous Grifter dies, each opponent discards a card.
"Get your snake oil! Genuine snake oil! Can't get it anywhere else, folks!"
2/1

IIW: Crocodiles
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 8 times in total.

Juancu

Trick question, Eldraine is already modern times

Learning Broom
Artifact - Equipment Vehicle (R)
If Learning Broom would become a creature, it becomes a copy of equipped creature until end of turn instead.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, it gains flying until end of turn, and you put a +1/+1 counter on Learning Broom.
Equip 2
Crew 2
0/2

IIW: magic origins 2
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Elusive Sasquatch 3GG
Creature - Ape Human (U)
Hexproof, protection from creatures with mana value 3 or less.
3/3
//
Massive Footprints 1G
Sorcery - Adventure
Reveal the top five cards of your library. You may put a creature card with mana value 4 or greater from among them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in random order.

IIW: Urban legends

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

The Gingerkin Massacre 1BB
Instant
Destroy all food. If a player gained life this turn, they discard two cards.

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

The Embers of Loyalty 2WW
Legendary Artifact {M}
Creatures you control have exalted.
Whenever a legendary creature you control attacks alone, create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance.

IIW: magic origins 3
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The Gingerkin Massacre
Boy listen here for a wild second I thought you meant Eldraine people just slaughtering red-headed people I was like "is this a 'gingers have no soul' joke seems pretty tasteless."
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG

The Eternal Loch
Legendary Land {M}
Whenever a creature you control dies, exile it and put a soul counter on The Eternal Loch. Then if The Eternal Loch has seven or more soul counters on it, transform it.

//

The Lost Cauldron
⬤ Legendary Artifact {M}
2BB: Choose a creature card at random exiled with The Lost Cauldron. Put that card onto the battlefield and move a soul counter from The Lost Cauldron onto that creature. It has "If this creature would die, put it on the bottom of its owner's library instead."

IIW: Double Faced
one card note
Show
Hide
(it's intentional that this land doesn't produce mana. The trigger would be easy to miss or "forget" if you stack this with your nonlands, so the hope is that players would play it physically separated from their land row/stack. The legendary crown may also help with visual identification.)
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The Gingerkin Massacre
Boy listen here for a wild second I thought you meant Eldraine people just slaughtering red-headed people I was like "is this a 'gingers have no soul' joke seems pretty tasteless."
nah just Gingerbrutes
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Juancu

Octuvian, Covetous King 2BB
Legendary Creature - Human Noble (R)
At the beginning of your combat step, if you control no wives, create a 0/* white Wife creature token, with * equal to double the number of wives you've created this game.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a wife with toughness 8 or more, create a 8/8 black Scion creature token. Otherwise, sacrifice a wife.
2/6

chetoos

@Cythare judge!

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Sorry for the delay! Let's go!
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Irencrag Reignited 1RRRR
Legendary Artifact {M}
If a source you control would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals double that damage to that permanent or player instead.
Knights and equipped creatures you control get +1/+0 and have haste.

IIW: sea and/or sky
Irencrag Reignited is neat! Furnace of Rath plus a not insubstantial bonus with the doubling of the damage. I think this is a reasonable number of pips to keep it in red-heavy decks too.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
The Great Henge, Enduring 8gg
Legendary Artifact
This spell costs less to cast, where X is the number of creatures you control.
: add for each creature you control.
At the beginning of your end step, draw a card, then gain a life for each creature that entered the battlefield under your control this turn.
No matter what else happens to the wilds, the henge provides shelter for all who need it.

Faerie litigators 2uu
Creature - faerie advisor
Flying
When Faerie Litigators enters the battlefield, and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose up to one target permanent that attacked or activated an ability during it's controller's last turn. That permanent can't attack or block, and it loses all abilities until your next turn.
"If you'll just give us your name right here..."
2/3

IIW: Help green aggro and/or stompy in standard or alchemy.
The Great Henge feels a bit more reasonable to me than the original. Drawing one card/turn seems like a way more reasonable rate, although the lifegain and the ramp both look at tokens, which is new. Overall a reasonable balance.

Faerie Litigators is super neat. I just wish that it only removed triggered & activated abilities or set its power and toughness if it was a creature so it didn't kill creatures with CDAs. I'm fairly certain that lawyers aren't allowed to murder the other side in a trial.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Shard of the Magic Mirror 1U
Legendary Artifact - Equipment {M}
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, put a knowledge counter on Shard of the Magic Mirror.
When equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, you may transform Shard of the Magic Mirror.
Equip 1

//

Wisdom of the Magic Mirror
Legendary Enchantment {M}
When this enchantment transforms into Wisdom of the Magic Mirror and the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card for each knowledge counter on Wisdom of the Magic Mirror.

IIW: tbd
I appreciate all the knobs on the front half, which can quickly become unwieldy if you get too greedy. An artifact turning into an enchantment is also a bit wonky, but each side feels correct mechanically.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Delivery Sprite
2{U}
Creature - Faerie Citizen (U)
When Delivery Sprite enters the battlefield, draw a card if you've cast another spell this turn.
2/1
=============
Express Delivery
1{U}
Instant - Adventure
The next spell you cast this turn can be cast as though it had flash.
Draw a card.

Part-Time Knight
1{G}
Creature - Human Citizen (C)
2{W}: Until end of turn, Part-Time Knight gets +2/+2, gains vigilance and is a Knight in addition to its other types. Activate this ability only once per turn.
2/2
"Hope I get more hours next week."

IIW: Mario enemy
I was a bit down on the sprite until I realized this is literally Jace's Ingenuity except one of the cards you draw is always a 0-mana 2/1 flier (or you can pay in installments to do whatever else you gotta do). Solid uncommon.

Darkthicket Wolf was a decent mana sink back in the day, and gaining an ability and a relevant creature type is a notable upgrade. Out of the way, Devkarin Dissident!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Sewer Monster 2BB
Creature- Crocodile Horror (U)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life.
Inspector Alin realized in one moment that he had solved a dozen disappearances. In the next moment he wondered who would solve his.
4/3
||||||||||||||||||||
Adopt the Adorable
Sorcery- Adventure
Untap target creature and gain control of it until end of turn. It gets -3/-0 and gains haste until end of turn.
"Cute!"

Delicious Candy 1
Artifact- Food (C)
You may have Delicious Candy enter the battlefield under an opponent's control. If you do, it deals 2 damage to target creature that player controls.
1,T, Sacrifice Delicious Candy: Gain 3 life.
Only a few of them had razor blades, so it was worth the risk.

Garrulous Grifter 2B
Creature- Human Rogue (C)
Adamant-- If at least three black mana was spent to cast this spell, draw a card and lose 1 life when it enters the battlefield.
When Garrulous Grifter dies, each opponent discards a card.
"Get your snake oil! Genuine snake oil! Can't get it anywhere else, folks!"
2/1

IIW: Crocodiles
Adopt the Adorable // Sewer Monster doesn't quite click for me. I want the abilities to connect slightly more. It's fine on rate, though.

I'm not sure Delicious Candy works like you want it to (I suspect that they'd get to choose). I'd recommend "When Delicious Candy enters the battlefield, you may have target opponent gain control of it. When you do, Delicious Candy deals 2 damage to target creature that player controls." Otherwise, I love the design.

Garrolous Grifter is a solid common that I'd love to have in my deck. Phyrexian Rager is a great 3-drop, and while this is worse in multicolored decks, that's not what Eldraine's about.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Trick question, Eldraine is already modern times

Learning Broom
Artifact - Equipment Vehicle (R)
If Learning Broom would become a creature, it becomes a copy of equipped creature until end of turn instead.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, it gains flying until end of turn, and you put a +1/+1 counter on Learning Broom.
Equip 2
Crew 2
0/2

IIW: magic origins 2
I'm not sure what's supposed to happen if you crew this and it isn't equipped. As written, it looks like...nothing? That feels incorrect. This needs a little clarity, but I like the idea of a broom that learns from its wielders.
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Elusive Sasquatch 3GG
Creature - Ape Human (U)
Hexproof, protection from creatures with mana value 3 or less.
3/3
//
Massive Footprints 1G
Sorcery - Adventure
Reveal the top five cards of your library. You may put a creature card with mana value 4 or greater from among them into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in random order.

IIW: Urban legends
This is peak modern times folklore and everything about this just clicks. I could easily see this being in a set designed around modern-times Eldraine.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The Gingerkin Massacre 1BB
Instant
Destroy all food. If a player gained life this turn, they discard two cards.

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you
Oh no! Not the Gingerkin! This seems niche, but successfully feels very industrial-era despite the lack of flavor text.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
The Embers of Loyalty 2WW
Legendary Artifact {M}
Creatures you control have exalted.
Whenever a legendary creature you control attacks alone, create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance.

IIW: magic origins 3
These all are very good, but I think this one feels the most compelling to me. All these knobs feel correct.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
The Eternal Loch
Legendary Land {M}
Whenever a creature you control dies, exile it and put a soul counter on The Eternal Loch. Then if The Eternal Loch has seven or more soul counters on it, transform it.

//

The Lost Cauldron
⬤ Legendary Artifact {M}
2BB: Choose a creature card at random exiled with The Lost Cauldron. Put that card onto the battlefield and move a soul counter from The Lost Cauldron onto that creature. It has "If this creature would die, put it on the bottom of its owner's library instead."

IIW: Double Faced
one card note
Show
Hide
(it's intentional that this land doesn't produce mana. The trigger would be easy to miss or "forget" if you stack this with your nonlands, so the hope is that players would play it physically separated from their land row/stack. The legendary crown may also help with visual identification.)
No issues on the front face not tapping for mana - I do play Lands after all! My only suggestion is to consider exiling them face-down to help facilitate the "at random" aspect, but that's ultimately pretty minor. I'm also not sure if this is too free, but your land drops not generating mana is a real cost in decks that want to jam enough creatures to reliably flip this, so it probably works out in the end.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Octuvian, Covetous King 2BB
Legendary Creature - Human Noble (R)
At the beginning of your combat step, if you control no wives, create a 0/* white Wife creature token, with * equal to double the number of wives you've created this game.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a wife with toughness 8 or more, create a 8/8 black Scion creature token. Otherwise, sacrifice a wife.
2/6
This is a very weird card that I'm not sure feels particularly "modern"? It's a unique concept, but it does have some memory issues.
HMs: Ink-Treader. Elusive Sasquatch was so good, and would be perfectly at home in the challenge's set.
Winner: Megiddo, for Embers of Loyalty. The others were good, but this one felt like the strongest callback to me of what the Circle of Loyalty would look like after (presumably) hundreds of years.
Next: Magic Origins 3
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu

Tamiyo, Library Card Applicant 1U
Legendary Creature - Moonfolk (U)
At the beginning of your end step, you may put a scry counter on an artifact token you control (as you sacrifice a permanent with X scry counters on it, scry X.)
Whenever a scry action causes you to look at 3 or more cards, exile Tamiyo, then return her to the battlefield transformed under her owner's control.
0/3
--
Tamiyo, Junior Librarian
Legendary Planeswalker - Tamiyo (U)
Shhh! - Your opponents can't cast more than one spell each turn.
+1: Scry 1.
-4: Put target instant, sorcery, or artifact card from your graveyard on top of your library.

IIW: magic endings

Megiddo
MEG

i'll also accept Modern Horizons 3 if you're feeling saucy.
MEG

chetoos

Sorin, Heir to Markov 2B
Legendary Creature - Human Noble
At the beginning of combat on your turn, reveal the top card of your library. When you do, you lose X life, and target creature you control gets +x/+0 until end of turn, where X is that card's mana value.
bb: you gain 5 life, then exile Sorin, Heir to Markov and return it to the battlefield transformed. activate this ability only if you've lost 5 or more life this turn and only any time you could cast a sorcery.
2/2
///
Sorin, Guardian of Innistrad
Legendary Planeswalker - Sorin
+1 - Put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature. If that creature is a human or vampire, it gains lifelink until end of turn.
-2 - Sorin, Guardian of Innistrad deals 2 damage to any target, and you gain 2 life.
-7 - Create a legendary 6/6 white angel creature token with indestructible named "Avacyn, new protector"

IIW: Help green aggro in standard or alchemy.

Mergatroid_Jones

Totally making up canon

Grandfather Goldmane 3WW
Legendary Creature- Cat Elder(R)
Lifelink
When Grandfather Goldmane enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on any number of other target creatures. Then destroy target creature with power 4 or greater.
"Jazal, Zohri, Ajani: my three grandsons. Listen! I must tell you something!" --Grandfather Goldmane, last words
2/2

Tibalt's Torments RR
Instant (U)
As an additional cost to cast Tibalt's Torments, you may discard one, two, or three cards. If you discarded exactly one card in this way, draw 2 cards. If you discarded exactly two cards in this way, draw three cards. If you discarded exactly three cards in this way, draw five cards then discard a card at random.

Mu Xiu, Who Sings the Wind 1U
Legendary Creature- Bird (R)
Flying
Creatures your opponents control cannot have or gain flying.
4: Target creature you control gains flying until end of turn.
Yanling's mother is Heaven. Her father is Thunder. And her sister is her only true confidant.
1/2

Davriel's Clerk 1B
Creature- Human Advisor (U)
Lifelink
At the beginning of your upkeep, each opponent loses 1 life unless they discard a card.
"We're not taking complaints at this time."
1/1

Garruk's Mentor 2G
Creature- Beast (U)
Trample
When Garruk's Mentor enters the battlefield, draw a card and gain 1 life.
The boy learned crucial lessons from predator and prey alike. He outlived them all.
3/1

IIW: Phyrexianize anything.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Juancu

Verov, Trinket Collector UR
Legendary Creature - Goblin Peasant (R)
When Verov enters the battlefield, you may search your library for an artisan card. If you do, reveal it, shuffle, then put that card on top of your library (a card is artisan if it contains an effect that creates.)
Whenever you create a token, if you created tokens with two or more different names this turn, transform Verov.
2/3
--
Verov the Tinkerer
Legendary Planeswalker - Verov (R)
+1: Create a Treasure token.
+0: Create a 1/1 Thopter artifact creature token with flying.
-7: Verov deals X damage to any target and you draw up to X cards, where X is the number of different names among tokens you control.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”