NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Kidz Bop 2RR
Sorcery (U)
Gain control of each Goat creature until end of turn. They gain haste. Each Goat creature you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker you don't control.

IIW: Fading
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Visions of Atlantis U
Instant (M)
As an additional cost to cast Visions of Atlantis, return three lands you control to their owner's hands
Draw three cards.
honorable mentions
Show
Hide
Paddy and the Rats 2BR
Legendary Creature - Rat Pirate (R)
Menace
Whenever Paddy and the Rats attacks, each other attacking Rat you control becomes a copy of Paddy and the Rats until end of turn, except it isn't legendary.
4/2

Unleash the Archers 2RG
Sorcery (U)
Unleash the Archers deals 3 damage to each creature with flying.
Whenever a creature with flying is put into a graveyard this turn, create a 1/2 green Archer creature token.
IIW: In your dreams
you have the best taste in the thread
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

more bands because I'm stuck in a three hour zoom meeting an i need something to do to keep me from spinning in my chair:

Neon Trees 1G
Artifact Creature - Plant
T: Add one mana of any color.
0/2

IIW: These don't deserve a win
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

text
Show
Hide
Gentle Giant 1W
Creature- Giant (U)
Defender, lifelink
"I love you flower! I love you rock! I love you sword-man in a metal smock!"
2/4

Black Sabbath 1BB
Enchantment- Saga (R)
I-III: Create a 1/1 black Human Warlock creature token with "T: Target player loses 2 life."
IV: You may sacrifice a creature. If you do, create a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying.

King Crimson RRRRR
Legendary Creature- Noble (R)
Double all damage instants and sorceries you control would deal.
"Summon back the fire witch to the court of the Crimson King!"
5/5

Talking Heads 2U
Creature- Zombie (U)
As an additional cost to cast Talking Heads, exile any number of creature cards from graveyards. Talking Heads enters the battlefield with a head counter on it for each card exiled in this way.
Talking Heads gets +0/+1 for each head counter on it.
T: Target player mills cards equal to the number of head counters on Talking Heads.
1/0
Image Image Image Image

Talking Heads doesn't quite work as well for the render, but oh well

IIW: little-used creature types
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.

Ulka

Dinosaur Pile-up RG
Instant
Create a 3/3 Green Dinosaur creature token with Trample. Each dinosaur creature fights target creature.

Passion Pit
Land
t: Add C.
2,T: Tap two creatures that share a creature type and choose a color of one of that tapped creatures. Create a 1/1 creature of that creature type that is of the chosen color.

IIW: Conspiracies

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

Imagine Dragons
Instant (R)
Create X 4/4 blue Dragon Illusion creature tokens with flying and vanishing X.

iiw: sagas from earth

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Battle Beast 3GW
Creature - Beast Warrior
Trample, Vigilance
King for a day - At the beginning of each player's upkeep, if that player is not the monarch, that player may have the monarch draw a card. If they do, they become the monarch.
Battle Beast is indestructible as long as you are not the monarch.
5/5

IIW; The wolves are at the door.

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 1 year ago

I hope to have my judgments in around 10 PM EDT tonight..
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

King Gizzard 1GUR
Legendary Creature — Lizard Noble (MR)
Trample
When King Gizzard enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 blue Lizard Wizard creature token with "Whenever this creature attacks, mill three cards."
Whenever King Gizzard attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card from your graveyard. When you do, if it targets a creature you control, you may copy that spell, and you may choose new targets for the copy. Exile the spells as they resolve.
3/3
rendered
Show
Hide
noet03.jpg
IIW: Player tokens (experience, poison, etc)

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Ramblings
Show
Hide
Ulka
Trampled by Turtles - There's an awful lot going here, but it seems easy enough to understand. Two hexproof creatures for 3 seems pretty good. Tack on some delayed removal, and I'd say this is probably a bit undercosted. Seems more like Tussles with Turtles than Trampled by Turtles.

Others - I actually like 21 Pilots quite a bit. Owl City is nuts.

cheetos
Rush - I like that you worked album titles into the card. I think this card should work differently though. I'd prefer it to automatically give first strike, then automatically give the other ability depending on what other color you used to cast it.

Blind Guardian is missing P/T.

Juancu
My Chemical Romance - This is a very difficult card to wrap my head around. Is it good, bad, somewhere in between? My first instinct is to say it's really bad, but I'm probably wrong. Still, forcing your creatures to block, and subtracting negative abilities from the searched planeswalker, both seem like pretty big downsides.

Stapler
Caravan Palace - This seems like a fine variation on a charge land.

Others - Arctic Monkeys is cute. It would probably be a bit strong for limited. Islands is weird.

Cythare
Bronski Beat - This is a nice, clean, effective card. I'm not sure what the Food is supposed to represent though.

Megiddo
Bulletproof Boy Scouts - <Insert screaming fans sound effect here>

NinjaCaterpie
Visions of Atlantis - This is a very interesting take on Visions. My Johnny senses are tingling.

Others - I quite like Paddy and the Rats. Unleash the Archers is pretty cool too.

Sporegorger_Dragon
Backstreet Boys - Love the choice of bands here. The name makes perfect sense for New Cappena. I feel like it should be a rogue though. The card is printable and good, but a bit underwhelming.

Cythare
Kidz Bop - Ridiculous.

Ulka - part 2
Neon Trees - Seems fine.

Mergatroid Jones
Gentle Giant - I'm going to wait for the Madlib remix.
Black Sabbath - This seems a bit too good, like the band. :)
King Crimson - Nice.
Talking Heads - This card would be a nightmare for creature heavy decks. Also, why is exiling creatures an alternate cost instead of an EtB effect?

Ulka - part 3
Dino Pile-Up - This is too good. Is it supposed to include dinos your opponents control?
Passion Pit - Seems like a lot of words for a 1/1 token.

wizyard
Imagine Dragons - Seems like a fine card. I like how well the name and ability go together.

cheetos
Battle Beast - I like the indestructible/monarch trade off. Doesn't each card with monarch need to establish a monarch though? It should probably be,"....that player may have each opponent draw a card".

spacemonaut
King Gizzard - This card seems printable. It's a bit wordy for my taste, but that seems to be the trend in RL MTG these days.
HM: Mergatroid Jones, NinjaCaterpie, Juancu
Winner: wizyard
Next: Sagas from Earth.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Mergatroid_Jones

History is a tragic place. Hoping to make good and fun cards, but also not be too disrespectful of real live horrors.

The Reign of Terror 3BB
Enchantment- Saga (R)
I: Destroy all Nobles. Create a 1/1 red white and blue Human Peasant creature token.
II: Each player sacrifices a creature.
III: Each player sacrifices two creatures.
IV: Each player sacrifices three creatures.

The Opium Wars 2UR
Enchantment- Saga (R)
I-II: Target player creates a colorless artifact token named opium with "At the beginning of your upkeep, tap target creature you control." And "3: Destroy this artifact."
III: Until your next turn, creatures attack if able and can't block.

Yes, there is always the option to kick those who ask for it.

The Internet Age 1RU
Enchantment- Saga
I-II: Each player who controls the most artifacts creates a treasure token.
III: Exile this saga then return it to the battlefield transformed.
///////\\\\\\\
Nihhilistic Lollers
Enchantment Creature- Troll
Ward-- Each opponent draws 2 cards.
When a player casts a spell, counter that spell unless its controller pays an additional 1.
"U mad, bro?"
3/3

IIW: Tricksy instants
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 6 times in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

The solution to that is to only be disrespectful to people who don't deserve respect.

Non-Fungible Fury 1B
Enchantment - Saga (M)
I - Each opponent creates a Treasure artifact token with non-fungible (It loses all abilities)
II - Create a Treasure artifact token for each token permanent your opponents control.
III - You may pay X. Each opponent loses X life and you gain X life.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Hell in a Cell 1RG
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Choose up to two target creatures. For each, put a menace, reach, or +1/+1 counter on it.
II - Destroy target creature with flying or reach.
III - Destroy target artifact.

IIW: finally complete
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

The flavor words before each ability likely wouldn't be printed, just giving the story of how this happened. yes, all of these are real historical events.
The assassination of Archduke Ferdinand 1WB
Enchantment - Saga
I - Grenade kills the wrong guy Choose target creature an opponent controls with the greatest power among creatures that player controls. Destroy a creature chosen at random from among other creatures that player controls. If no creatures are destroyed this way, investigate.
II - Assassins try to kill themselves, go for a sandwich Put a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control and create a food token.
III - Archduke ferdinand drives past the restaurant while assassin is having a sandwich. You may pay 3 life or sacrifice an artifact. When you do, destroy target creature.

Agent Garbo UB
Enchantment - Saga
I - Wanna spy for England, have to spy for Germany Target opponent gains control of target creature you control. That creature gains indestructible and "This creature can't be sacrificed."
II - Get a plane ticket, go to the library Creatures you own but don't control gain "This creature can't attack or block" and "At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature's owner scrys X where X is the number of cards in your hand."
III - Finally recruited by England, use real info to mess with Germany. Creatures you own but don't control gain "At the beginning of your precombat main phase, this creature's owner draws a card, and you discard a card."

Operation Mincemeat 2BR
Enchantment - Saga
I - Find a dead body Create a 2/2 black zombie creature token.
II - Give it a history, and fake information. Reveal your hand, then put any number of cards from your hand on the bottom of your library and draw that many cards.
III - Invade Europe through Sicily, instead of Greece. Target creature you control gains "All creatures able to block This creature do so." until end of turn.

How 7 of 9 gave us Obama 2WU
Enchantment - Saga
I - Jeri Ryan is cast as 7 of 9Create a 3/3 colorless construct artifact creature token.
II - Jeri Ryan's husband Jack divorces, goes into politics. Target opponent becomes the monarch. Until that player's next turn, whenever a creature attacks that player, untap that creature and put a +1/+1 counter on it, then remove that creature from combat.
III - Obama beats Jack Ryan for senate If you aren't the monarch, tap all creatures the monarch controls. When you become the monarch this turn, create a treasure token.
bonus cards for last contest
Show
Hide
yes
Instant
Target spell gains "this spell can't be countered."

A flock of Seagulls 2uu
Creature - bird
Flying
Whenever a flock of seagulls enters the battlefield or attacks, target opponent creates a food token.
Hexproof from players who control food, can't be blocked as long as defending player controls a food.
When a flock of Seagulls deals combat damage to a player, destroy all food that player controls, then put a +1/+1 counter on a flock of Seagulls for each food destroyed this way
3/3
Iiw: the wolves are at the door
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 4 times in total.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Olga's Vengeance WBR
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Destroy target creature an opponent controls. Its controller mills five cards.
II - Tap up to one target creature. Until your next turn, creatures you control have "T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target tapped creature."
III - For each land target opponent controls, create a 1/1 white and red Bird creature token with flying and "R: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn."

IIW: A ruse

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Flatline wrote:
1 year ago
Cythare
Bronski Beat - This is a nice, clean, effective card. I'm not sure what the Food is supposed to represent though.
The Food was intended to represent the Vehicle running the creature over and turning it into roadkill. It was going to originally create it when the creature died, which communicated it better, but it looked sorta convoluted and didn't guarantee the Food.

Splitting the Atom 2BR
Enchantment — Saga (R)
I — Create two 1/1 black Human Citizen creature tokens.
II — Create two tapped Treasure tokens.
III — Destroy target land. Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature controlled by that land's controller.
IV — Transform Splitting the Atom.
//
The Nuclear Age
Legendary Enchantment (R)
When The Nuclear Age transforms or at the beginning of your upkeep, remove a lore counter from it, then create a 1/1 black Human Citizen creature token and a tapped Treasure token, then put a -1/-1 counter on each creature you don't control.
When The Nuclear Age has no lore counters on it, sacrifice it.

IIW: Suspend
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Evolution of Memetics GWU
(A tapestry depicting cheeseburger cats, rage faces, and a pool of baked beans)
Enchantment — Saga
I — Create a 1/1 green Cat creature token with lifelink. Draw a card.
II — Create two 1/1 white Citizen creature tokens. Mill two cards.
III — Create two Food tokens. They're also Beans with ", , Sacrifice this Bean: Tap target creature."

IIW: Player counters (experience, poison, etc)

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Environmental Collapse 3rr
Enchantment — Saga (R)
I & II — Create a Treasure token.
III - Destroy all lands.

IIW: A wounded warrior
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
MCC
Show
Hide
CCL
Show
Hide

Mergatroid_Jones

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Enchantment — Saga
III — Create two Food tokens. They're also Beans with ", , Sacrifice this Bean: Tap target creature."

I'm guessing beans are the latest thing? I try not to pay attention to these things.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

The Last Samurai 2WR
Enchantment - Saga
I - Create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token.
II - Create four 2/2 red Samurai creature tokens with haste.
III - The white guy becomes a samurai, then sacrifice all other samurai.

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
The Last Samurai 2WR
Enchantment - Saga
I think this might be the funniest custom card I've ever seen. You win.
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
MCC
Show
Hide
CCL
Show
Hide

Ulka

The Haitian Revolution 2RR
Enchantment -Saga
I - Create a 0/1 Serf token for each opponent you have.
II - Creatures you control get +4/+0 and gain haste and trample until the end of turn.
III - Sacrifice all lands you control. Each opponent creates a tapped treasure token for each basic land type sacrifices this way.

The Bay of Pigs 1WR
Enchantment -Saga
I - Create a number of 1/1 Red Rebel creature tokens equal to the greatest power of creatures an opponent controls.
II - Create two 1/1 white soldier tokens with haste. Attacking creatures you control this turn get +1/+0 and gain first strike.
III - Sacrifice all Rebels and put a +1/+1 counter on each soldier you control.

IIW: Draft Matters Cards

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

The Miracle On Ice (not the American ice hockey one) 3WWB
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Target creature you control phases out until The Miracle On Ice (not the American ice hockey one) leaves the battlefield.
II - Destroy all creatures.
III - At the beginning of your next combat step, creatures you control gain dethrone until end of turn.

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

an interesting mix of comedy n tragedy

and a lot of reading.. both on and off these cards
judgery complete
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
History is a tragic place. Hoping to make good and fun cards, but also not be too disrespectful of real live horrors.

The Reign of Terror 3BB
Enchantment- Saga (R)
I: Destroy all Nobles. Create a 1/1 red white and blue Human Peasant creature token.
II: Each player sacrifices a creature.
III: Each player sacrifices two creatures.
IV: Each player sacrifices three creatures.
oof. as painful here as irl.. and also goes on too long. i like that since you can see it coming it can be played around and encourages holding back which leads to an ebb and flow.. probs too strong in control, since it keeps the board light for multiple turns. makes sense flavorwise..

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago

The Opium Wars 2UR
Enchantment- Saga (R)
I-II: Target player creates a colorless artifact token named opium with "At the beginning of your upkeep, tap target creature you control." And "3: Destroy this artifact."
III: Until your next turn, creatures attack if able and can't block.
do ppl become enraged when they get off of it? oh, no wait, that must represent the fighting that happened.

and the pay 3.. represents some cost to kick the habit?

it keeping a creature tapped works fine to convey the stupor.. except it can be a different creature each time? i suppose different patrons will frequent a den at diff times, but the token represents the product..
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago

The Internet Age 1RU
Enchantment- Saga
I-II: Each player who controls the most artifacts creates a treasure token.
III: Exile this saga then return it to the battlefield transformed.
///////\\\\\\\
Nihhilistic Lollers
Enchantment Creature- Troll
Ward-- Each opponent draws 2 cards.
When a player casts a spell, counter that spell unless its controller pays an additional 1.
"U mad, bro?"
3/3

IIW: Tricksy instants
so the rich got richer.. and all that came of it was trolls? and the ward cost reps feeding them?
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago

Non-Fungible Fury 1B
Enchantment - Saga (M)
I - Each opponent creates a Treasure artifact token with non-fungible (It loses all abilities)
II - Create a Treasure artifact token for each token permanent your opponents control.
III - You may pay X. Each opponent loses X life and you gain X life.

flavor works well enuff for the first two parts, but i dont get the last part. didnt we already profit off of our marks in the 2nd part? really draining em now.. interesting how the 2nd part helps pay for the 3rd
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Hell in a Cell 1RG
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Choose up to two target creatures. For each, put a menace, reach, or +1/+1 counter on it.
II - Destroy target creature with flying or reach.
III - Destroy target artifact.

IIW: finally complete
so, that's an event, a reoccurring event.. should that be a saga? it's not a specific story or historical event really is it?

flavor and function seem a bit mushy.

first part seems to be about the fighters, but they could be on the same team? 2nd part.. whoever climbed up the cage fell or was pulled down right? wonky that this only applies to one choice from the first part.. makes enuff sense flavorwise sure, but this is what im saying that the flavor and function arent rolling together.

also these moments arent always going to happen in this order
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
The assassination of Archduke Ferdinand 1WB
Enchantment - Saga
I - Grenade kills the wrong guy Choose target creature an opponent controls with the greatest power among creatures that player controls. Destroy a creature chosen at random from among other creatures that player controls. If no creatures are destroyed this way, investigate.
II - Assassins try to kill themselves, go for a sandwich Put a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control and create a food token.
III - Archduke ferdinand drives past the restaurant while assassin is having a sandwich. You may pay 3 life or sacrifice an artifact. When you do, destroy target creature.
huh. that's how it happened? wild.

interesting tale, clunky/ loose execution
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago

Agent Garbo UB
Enchantment - Saga
I - Wanna spy for England, have to spy for Germany Target opponent gains control of target creature you control. That creature gains indestructible and "This creature can't be sacrificed."
II - Get a plane ticket, go to the library Creatures you own but don't control gain "This creature can't attack or block" and "At the beginning of your upkeep, this creature's owner scrys X where X is the number of cards in your hand."
III - Finally recruited by England, use real info to %$#% with Germany. Creatures you own but don't control gain "At the beginning of your precombat main phase, this creature's owner draws a card, and you discard a card."
i guess it works to evoke a spy.. seems like you're picking stories that are interesting, but they mite not translate well to cardform. i cant imagine making or playing such a card
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago

Operation Mincemeat 2BR
Enchantment - Saga
I - Find a dead body Create a 2/2 black zombie creature token.
II - Give it a history, and fake information. Reveal your hand, then put any number of cards from your hand on the bottom of your library and draw that many cards.
III - Invade Europe through Sicily, instead of Greece. Target creature you control gains "All creatures able to block This creature do so."
i did not know this story. wild.

funny execution. odd card. im not convinced with the flavor, but could see it at least working as an actual card
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago

How 7 of 9 gave us Obama 2WU
Enchantment - Saga
I - Jeri Ryan is cast as 7 of 9Create a 3/3 colorless construct artifact creature token.
II - Jeri Ryan's husband Jack divorces, goes into politics. Target opponent becomes the monarch. Until that player's next turn, whenever a creature attacks that player, untap that creature and put a +1/+1 counter on it, then remove that creature from combat.
III - Obama beats Jack Ryan for senate If you aren't the monarch, tap all creatures the monarch controls. When you become the monarch this turn, create a treasure token.

Iiw: the wolves are at the door
wut
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Olga's Vengeance WBR
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Destroy target creature an opponent controls. Its controller mills five cards.
II - Tap up to one target creature. Until your next turn, creatures you control have "T: This creature deals damage equal to its power to target tapped creature."
III - For each land target opponent controls, create a 1/1 white and red Bird creature token with flying and "R: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn."

IIW: A ruse
jeez, this is ridiculously powerful. im not inclined to research this story and check how it matches up with the abilities rn

supes broken tbh
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago

Splitting the Atom 2BR
Enchantment — Saga (R)
I — Create two 1/1 black Human Citizen creature tokens.
II — Create two tapped Treasure tokens.
III — Destroy target land. Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature controlled by that land's controller.
IV — Transform Splitting the Atom.
//
The Nuclear Age
Legendary Enchantment (R)
When The Nuclear Age transforms or at the beginning of your upkeep, remove a lore counter from it, then create a 1/1 black Human Citizen creature token and a tapped Treasure token, then put a -1/-1 counter on each creature you don't control.
When The Nuclear Age has no lore counters on it, sacrifice it.
IIW: Suspend
who are the people these tokens represent? and why the treasure?

i like the functionality of the lore counters being used to count down on the flip side, very interesting. the radiation is well represented, and destroying a land also works for me in the flavortown.

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Enchantment — Saga

i like to think all trends can exist at the same time in the info-age, but i think it's still true that the new supplants the old, which isnt represented here.
Flatline wrote:
1 year ago
Environmental Collapse 3rr
Enchantment — Saga (R)
I & II — Create a Treasure token.
III - Destroy all lands.

IIW: A wounded warrior
obviously i like simple designs..

interesting that the profit made in parts 1 and 2 help the controller recover from the destruction.. is this/will this be true in our future?

making this a saga kinda implies a past-tenseness. kinda doomer vibe there- tho it's hard to argue that this outcome isnt inevitable at this point.

i wonder if your iiw somehow connects to your entry
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
I'm guessing beans are the latest thing? I try not to pay attention to these things.
the bean thing is like a few years old at this point, at least.. my sense of time is wonk, but it's not a fresh one
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
The Last Samurai 2WR
Enchantment - Saga
i never saw the movie. was it based on something? also: spoiler? not that i care, or intend to watch it..
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The Haitian Revolution 2RR
Enchantment -Saga
I - Create a 0/1 Serf token for each opponent you have.
II - Creatures you control get +4/+0 and gain haste and trample until the end of turn.
III - Sacrifice all lands you control. Each opponent creates a tapped treasure token for each basic land type sacrifices this way.
i appreciate your choice, a historical event that really should be remembered

im unsure what the last part specifically refers to

i understand why you used the existing creature type serf, but obviously it's not quite the same as slave
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The Bay of Pigs 1WR
Enchantment -Saga
I - Create a number of 1/1 Red Rebel creature tokens equal to the greatest power of creatures an opponent controls.
II - Create two 1/1 white soldier tokens with haste. Attacking creatures you control this turn get +1/+0 and gain first strike.
III - Sacrifice all Rebels and put a +1/+1 counter on each soldier you control.

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
pretty loose flavor i mite say, especially since the sides represented are controlled by the same player
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
The Miracle On Ice (not the American ice hockey one) 3WWB
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Target creature you control phases out until The Miracle On Ice (not the American ice hockey one) leaves the battlefield.
II - Destroy all creatures.
III - At the beginning of your next combat step, creatures you control gain dethrone until end of turn.

i had not heard of this. quite the upset. very funny.

the dethrone is a nice touch.
result
Show
Hide
winner: Cythare
for the lore counters being used on the transformed side, that was a cool idea

next: suspend

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Yeah, probably should have costed it more conservatively. Probably 2 more at least. You should look up Olga of Kiev though, that bit of her life is quite a tale.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”