NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Lancel, Relentless Crusader WR
Legendary Creature - Human Paladin (U)
Lancel attacks each turn if able.
Lancel enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it.
You may retain shield counters on creatures you control (if you do, the replacement effect doesn't happen.)
3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Judging within the next hour or so!
Target run need to be made?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Pry Fears BB
Sorcery (U)
Target opponent discards a card. If they discard a land card this way, create a Treasure token. Otherwise, create a 1/1 black Nightmare creature token.

iiw: team fortress 2

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Judging within the next hour or so!
Target run need to be made?
No, I forgot for a bit, and then I got sucked into a 2-hour meeting with my manager (it was only supposed to be 30 minutes). Finalizing things now with the items posted since my previous post.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Whoops, it'd already been over an hour before I started these, and then I got sucked into a 2-hour 1:1 meeting with my manager, but here's the judgments! Bonus points if it's a 2-drop that I'd cube.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Disempowered Demonlord BB
Creature - Demon (M)
Menace
Disempowered Demonlord can't block.
Whenever Disempowered Demonlord attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it, then you lose 1 life for each +1/+1 counter on it.
"I can't be kept in chains for long. I'll soon have my kingdom back, and my revenge."
2/2

IIW: A less aggressive one-drop
This is a pretty neat suicide black 2-drop. I like the drawback that's imposed here, as well as the rate that it scales. Menace is big game, and helps ensure that it'll get a few attacks in before it dies. Would definitely test, and hope it would stick around in my cube for at least a year.
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Henchling
Creature - Crocodile Mercenary (R)
Henchling enters the battlefield as a copy of a creature you control, except it's a 2/2 Crocodile Mercenary that keeps it's abilities.
Haste, protection from mana value two
T: Henchling becomes a copy of target creature you control except it's a 2/2 Crocodile Mercenary that keeps it's abilities.
2/2

Iiw: Grixis
It really bothered me that the original version had two copy effects with different parameters, so I'm glad that you fixed that! That said, I'm having trouble with the costing. This is definitely in Dimir's color pie, and it's definitely in Izzet's color pie, but it isn't really in Rakdos's or mono-black's. I was going to suggest making the symbol a , but that's also out of pie because then you have a creature that can be cast for UU that has haste. This is definitely a neat suite of effects, but I'd prefer if it was U{B/R} or something along those lines. I'd want to test this for cube, but 3-color cards are hard to fit in (no penalty for this).
Venedrex wrote:
2 years ago
Uninspired Troll
Creature — Troll Warrior (R)
4/4

IIW: Salt
This is definitely a barebones card, but it's been 9 years since they printed Kalonian Tusker. I'd definitely be unexcited to see this as my rare, but I think this might be fine as a pushing-the-envelope uncommon. I'd definitely consider taking this for a spin to in my cube.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Vicious Piranha

Creature - Fish (R)
Bloodthirst 1
Menace
: Monstrosity 1.
1/2

Burning-Wake Dancer
ur
Creature - Djinn Monk (U)
Prowess
Whenever Burning-Wake Dancer attacks, scry 1.
2/2

IIW: Multicolored drake
Vicious Piranha: I'm not sure why this is blue other than just because it is a fish. This feels like it should just be a Rakdos card, and I'd be happy to test it if it was.
Burning Wake-Dancer: This is a neat uncommon, and I'm here for it. I probably wouldn't end up testing this, but that's solely because Izzet is a stacked guild. I like the scry trigger to help smooth out your plays, and that it's an attack trigger to encourage getting into the red zone.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Shrieking Gibbon BR
Creature — Ape (R)
Haste
When Shrieking Gibbon enters the battlefield, each player discards a card and loses 1 life.
1/1

IIW: team fortress 2
This is definitely a neat suite of abilities, but I wish it had more power or had a way to grow. Make this a 3/1 (or a 2/1 uncommon) and I'm on board. I don't think having it as a 3/1 is an unreasonable departure from Spike Jester, which was reprinted as a common in a Masters product.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Burrog Smuggler 1U
Creature - Frog Rogue {C}
Skulk
Whenever Burrog Smuggler attacks, it connives.
0/1

IIW: That card you really want but know you can never have
Skulk and connive is a very cute interaction that creates some innate tension on your decision. I'm here for this interaction. I'd test this as a looter variant, and I'd expect that it would perform that role fairly well, since it's an attack trigger instead of a saboteur one. Props for playing to the judge with a cubable card with some neat puzzle pieces to play around with.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Party Greeter RG
Creature - Elf Warrior
Trample
Alliance - Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, this creature perpetually gets +1/+0. If that creature is multicolored, a random creature card in your hand also perpetually gets +1/+0.
2/2

I know that I'm the only one here who likes the digital mechanics, but they're really cool to me, so I'm gonna use them.

IIW: Aggro green.
I'm generally okay with digital-only effects - they're admittedly cool - but they're hard for me to compare to traditional ones. I'm not a huge fan of the random aspect of this, but I'm sure it would play well in practice, as would the design as a whole. I wouldn't be able to play this in a cube due to the digital-only functionality, of course.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Orzhov Taxmaster 1W
Creature- Human Advisor (U)
Ward 1
When Orzhov Taxmaster enters the battlefield, target opponent may pay 1. If they don't, you draw a card.
2/2

Shifting Phantasm 1U
Creature- Illusion (U)
Flying
Shifting Phantasm can only block flying.
When Shifting Phantasm attacks, you may have its power become the power of target creature you don't control until end of turn.
0/2

IIW: A card for the new set scheduled for October of 1998, if you can wait that long. It's going to be called Urza's Saga!
Set Details: Urza's Saga
Show
Hide
We leave the story of Gerrard and the Weatherlight to focus on Urza's journeys through Shiv, Serra's Realm, Argoth, Tolaria, and Phyrexia. The set will feature new and innovative mechanics like "free spells", Cycling, Echo, and enchantments that turn into creatures. We're also planning a cycle of powerful legendary lands and introducing a theme of artifacts and enchantments.
Orzhov Taxmaster: I like the double-tax effect. I like what I assume is a play on "Taskmaster". It's in a weird spot where there's a good chance you don't draw a card on curve, since a lot of people won't have a turn 1 play, but you also won't get it late because players likely won't be continuing to curve out indefinitely. I don't think this would make the cut for my cube, but I like it nonetheless.
Shifting Phantasm: This is an interesting design - I'm not sure how I feel about it being targeted as opposed to choosing the highest power. I get that it lets you play around things like Smite the Monstrous, but just picking the highest one feels like a cleaner design that also isn't susceptible to weird bounce/removal interactions. Blue's in a weird spot for my cube to not really take advantage of aggressive 2-drops, but this is still solid for retail Limited!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Marco Inori, Shy Brickwall GR
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (U)
Trample
Marco enters the battlefield with a Shield counter on it.
Whenever Marco becomes the target of a spell, sacrifice it.
3/3

IIW: isekai
I wish this had ward instead of a shield counter, but this is definitely a strong design. I'd test this in the cube, and it might stick for a bit! This also immediately made me think of Marco Inaros from The Expanse, and I'm curious if that's intentional.
2 years ago
Glimmerscale Ravager 1R
Creature — Shapeshifter (U)
Changeling, haste
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each color of mana spent to cast it.
1/1

IIW: keep it simple
A 3/3 haste for 2 is definitely a strong play, and I like how this plays with taxing effects. I think this could be a solid 2-color aggro card for sure!
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Lancel, Relentless Crusader WR
Legendary Creature - Human Paladin (U)
Lancel attacks each turn if able.
Lancel enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it.
You may retain shield counters on creatures you control (if you do, the replacement effect doesn't happen.)
3/3
I like this ability, but I personally think it belongs on a rare, not an uncommon, especially in a set where it's a relatively prevalent mechanic.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Pry Fears BB
Sorcery (U)
Target opponent discards a card. If they discard a land card this way, create a Treasure token. Otherwise, create a 1/1 black Nightmare creature token.

iiw: team fortress 2
I'm not super enthused about a 1/1 for BB that discards their worst card, but the Encroach mode is certainly interesting.

HMs: sporegorger_dragon, void_nothing
Winner: Megiddo
Next: That card you really want but know you can never have
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Priestess of the Pearl Trident U
Creature- Merfolk Cleric (C)
T: Add U.
Emerging after a few centuries of hiding, scouts of the Pearl Trident were surprised to find primitive humans and elves still living on Dominaria's surface.
1/1

IIW: An existing common creature reinterpreted as a legendary creature or rare enchantment. (Name the common)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Flounder Spirit Guide 2U
Creature - Fish Spirit
Exile Flounder Spirit Guide from your hand: Add U.
'In stagnant waters we have no guide, but that is where guidance can be found all the same." - Kiora
2/2

IIW: Animal Spirit Creatures
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

ITT: apparently what blue needs is unrestricted ramp, that's just the shot in the arm this underserved color could use
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Tutor of Becoming UBR
Sorcery (R)
Search your library for a card with UBR in it's mana cost, that's exactly three colors, or has a blue, black and red color identity that's exactly three colors, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.

Iiw: What's Bolas been up to?
Last edited by Pygyzy 2 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Embrace Fate GG
Instant (U)
Counter target noncreature spell.
"Do not let the other guilds sway you with their trinkets and tricks. Be true to the old ways and let your might guide your destiny."
—Ghut Rak, Gruul guildmage

IIW: A 3-drop creature with combo potential
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Cruel Tutor UBR
Sorcery (R)
Search your library for a card with UBR in it's mana cost, that's no other colors, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.

Iiw: What's Bolas been up to?
Cruel Tutor
Last edited by Cythare 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

ThragWolf GG
Creature - Wolf Beast
When ThragWolf enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life.
When ThragWolf leaves the battlefield, create a 2/2 green wolf creature token
After many years, the thragtusk population has begun to influence other animal species. - The journal of Vivien Reid
3/2

IIW: aggro green

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 2 years ago

Lava Blast 2r
Instant (U)
Lava Blast deas 5 damage to any target.

IIW: Potatoes

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Retaliate R
Sorcery
As long as Retaliate is in your deck or sideboard you may not have any other cards in your sideboard.
Retaliate deals 20 damage to any target.
"Payback's a %$#%"

Nightling Bolt B
Instant
Choose One:
• Target creature gets -0/-3 until end of turn.
• Target player loses 3 life.
• Remove 3 counters from target planeswalker.

IIW: This better not win
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Rixos, Son of Rith
3bgu
Legendary Creature - Dragon (M)
Flying
When Rixos, Son of Rith deals combat damage to a player, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token for each land you control.
5/5
Like his mother, he did not breathe fire; instead, vines, spores, and saprolings spilled from his mouth.

Edit: Wait, that's at least slightly possible, so instead:

Sporegorger Hellkite
4bggu
Creature - Plant Nightmare Dragon (M)
Flying
When Sporegorger Hellkite enters the battlefield, for each other nontoken permanent you control, create a 1/1 green Saproling and a 0/2 green Plant creature token with reach and defender. Then exile all other nontoken permanents you control.
When Sporegorger Hellkite leaves the battlefield, return the exiled cards to the battlefield under their owners' control.
8/8

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
ITT: apparently what blue needs is unrestricted ramp, that's just the shot in the arm this underserved color could use
I fail to see how anything could possibly go wrong.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Baby's First Lightning Bolt 2R
Instant (U)
Companion (If this card is your chosen companion, you may put it into your hand from outside the game for 3 any time you could cast a sorcery.)
Baby's First Lightning Bolt costs 2 less to cast if it wasn't in your starting deck.
Baby's First Lightning Bolt deals 3 damage to any target.

IIW: The power of enmity

Note: The companion entry in the Comprehensive Rules currently only allows it to be on creature cards, but there's no theoretical reason that the ability couldn't be expanded to allow for other spells (other than the fact that they may never print additional companions again for good reason).
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

oh boy
MEG

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Melas, Titan of Sun's Grace
Legendary Creature — Elder Giant (M)
When Melas enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless it escaped.
When Melas enters the battlefield or attacks, create a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token, tap target creature an opponent controls, then you may destroy target enchantment.
Escape—, Exile five other cards from your graveyard. (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its escape cost.)
6/6

IIW: Oozes
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

It appears that unlike the rest of you, my deepest desires don't include the destruction of Magic as we know it.

Free-Spirited Merc 1R
Creature - Human Gunslinger (C)
Free-Spirited Merc can't attack unless you pay 1.
3/2

---

Cheap Waterfront Property
[(Tropical Island)]
Land - Forest Island (R)
"It's practically a tropical island, AND it's affordable! Must buy." - Reza Vliszt, Member for Parliament property developer

---

Sky Tyrant Rathalos 3BR
Creature - Dragon (U)
Menace, flying
BR: Sky Tyrant Rathalos gets +2/+0 until end of turn.
Reforge 3 (You may cast this transformed from your graveyard for its reforge cost. If it would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, exile it.)
4/3
//
Halberion Blade
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Equipped creature has menace and "BR: This creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn."
Equip 2

IIW: A crossover.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Emerald
Basic land - Forest / Swamp
T: Add E.
(Green mana symbols in creature cards and black mana symbols in non-creature cards are replaced by E for this event.)

What-if events for Arena. Five gems would replace the basic lands, and the draft format would be totally different, quite posibly broken. Would a basic land that has white creatures and blue non-creatures too powerful? probably, so not that combination :P.

Peasant's Revolt
Land
T: Add C. Spend this mana only to cast common spells.

Another much simpler draft format: each player begins with one of these lands in the battlefield. Boosters have +1 rare and +2 uncommon (phantom event obviously.)

IIW: isekai

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 2 years ago

Unsolvable Equation 2
Artifact (U)
t: Create a 0/0 blue and green Fractal creature token.

IIW: Powerful nothing

Post by avatarz » 2 years ago

Braids Adrift 4
Legendary Planeswalker – Braids (M)
~ is blue if blue mana was spent to cast her and black if black mana was spent to cast her.
+1 Each player draws a card if ~ is blue. Then each player discards a card if she's black.
-X Until your next turn, all creatures get -X/-0 if ~ is blue and -0/-X if she's black.
-6 You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put an artifact, creature, or land card from your hand onto the battlefield. At the beginning of each other player's upkeep, that player sacrifices an artifact, creature, or land."

IIW: <=13 words cards

Mergatroid_Jones

Even Playing Field
Land (R)
Nontoken creatures can't have or gain power or toughness greater than their mana value. Nontoken creatures that would have or gain power or toughness higher to their mana value have their power and/or toughness equal to their mana value instead.
T: Add C.

IIW: Let's have a fair fight
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Unfettered Alchemist U
Creature - Wizard (U)
T, Remove a counter from a permanent you control: Give target permanent you control a counter of a kind on a permanent you control or that is the same as the removed counter.
"The exchange only seems equivalent. Let's hope reality doesn't catch on."
1/1

IIW: Removing counters

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Vlaryk, Botanical Genius
{B}{G}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Elder Dragon (M)
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token and a 0/2 green Plant creature token with reach and defender. Then each player's life total becomes the number of creatures they control.
At the beginning of the end step, if you control twenty or more creature tokens, you win the game.
3/3
"Forget maniacal mind-mages and fortune-telling fish. I have true power to offer."

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”