NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Pawns of the Gods UBR
Sorcery (M)
As an additional cost to cast Pawn of the Gods, pay X life.
Each player secretly chooses a creature card they own from outside the game with mana value twice X or less. Reveal those creatures and put them onto the battlefield under their owner's control. They fight.

IIW: Make a card for your IIW
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Rhonabwy, Eternities Hammer 1RW
Legendary Creature - Kithkin Warrior (R)
Whenever Rhonabwy deals combat damage to a player, you may put an Equipment card you own from outside the game onto the battlefield attached to Rhonabwy.
1/1

IIW: Legendary creatures that would not make good commanders (See above)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

Red Nova Dragon 8BBRR
Creature - Dragon {M}
Synchro summon 3 (This card can't be in your starting deck. You may cast this card from outside of the game without paying its mana cost by sacrificing at least three creatures with combined mana value exactly equal to this card's mana value.)
Flying, haste, trample, protection from instants and sorceries
Red Nova Dragon gets +1/+0 for each creature card in your graveyard.
Exile Red Nova Dragon: Destroy target attacking creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under your control.
7/6

IIW: Something from outside of *the game* (Magic)
MEG

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Rewritten History WUBRG
Enchantment - Saga
Whenever this enchantment adds one or more mana, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell you own from outside the game this turn. Spend only that mana to cast it.
I: Add one mana of any color
II: Add one mana of each of two different colors that this Saga hasn't added.
II: Add one mana of each of three different colors that this Saga hasn't added.

IIW: not this again
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Through the Blind Eternities 1WW
Sorcery (R)
You may choose a planeswalker card you own from outside the game, reveal it, and cast it. If you do, its mana cost is reduced by 2 and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast it.

IIW: Exert or exert variants
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

stille_nacht

Post by stille_nacht » 2 years ago

Legacy 4
Artifact - Equipment (M)

When Legacy enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.

Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each creature of the chosen type in your graveyard.
Whenever equipped creature dies, you may choose a creature with the same creature type from outside the game and put it in your hand.

1: Attach Legacy to a creature of chosen type
.Equip 4

The weight of history born on its blade.

IIW: Impractical contraptions.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Judging in the late morning tomorrow.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Juancu

Together in Spirit 2W
Enchantment
Exalted
Whenever you attack with a single creature for the first time in a turn, there's an additional declare attackers steps after this one. That creature phases out until the end of that step.

(well, treated as if outside the game or whatever)

Legend
Aethernaut

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Ramoi, Dearest Friend
Legendary Creature- Human Nomad (R)
Vigilance
When Ramoi enters the battlefield, if you have no chosen companion, you may choose a nonhuman creature card you own from outside the game. That creature becomes your chosen companion. (You may put it into your hand from outside the game for 3 any time you could cast a sorcery.)
As long as you control your companion, that creature and Ramoi, Dearest Friend have ward .
2/2

IIW: Nonblue cards in an underwater world
I choose you Eldrazi-chu!. But really, using companion like this is a clever way to tax WISHING.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Karn's Reconstruction Drone 4
Artifact Creature - Drone
When this creature enters the battlefield, you may exile an artifact card from your hand. If you do, search your hand and library for any number of cards with the same name, exile them, then shuffle. Choose an artifact card you own from outside the game. Conjure a duplicate of that card into your hand for each card exiled from your hand this way. Those cards perpetually gain "This spell costs 2 less to cast."
"They will remain here, on Dominaria, continuing to rebuild things that break, even if I do not return." - Karn, Silver Golem.
3/4

IIW: Wild speculation about Streets of New Capenna.
That's pretty tight actually. The flavor works, but for some reason it seems to me to be more likely as a sorcery than an etb trigger, but quite a good use of conjure nonetheless.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Pawns of the Gods UBR
Sorcery (M)
As an additional cost to cast Pawn of the Gods, pay X life.
Each player secretly chooses a creature card they own from outside the game with mana value twice X or less. Reveal those creatures and put them onto the battlefield under their owner's control. They fight.

IIW: Make a card for your IIW
Jeez! Probably too efficient, but other than that looks very fun. I like mind games.
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Rhonabwy, Eternities Hammer 1RW
Legendary Creature - Kithkin Warrior (R)
Whenever Rhonabwy deals combat damage to a player, you may put an Equipment card you own from outside the game onto the battlefield attached to Rhonabwy.
1/1

IIW: Legendary creatures that would not make good commanders (See above)
The flavor is sick. Maybe too good at first blush but worth looking into / playtesting until balanced.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Red Nova Dragon 8BBRR
Creature - Dragon {M}
Synchro summon 3 (This card can't be in your starting deck. You may cast this card from outside of the game without paying its mana cost by sacrificing at least three creatures with combined mana value exactly equal to this card's mana value.)
Flying, haste, trample, protection from instants and sorceries
Red Nova Dragon gets +1/+0 for each creature card in your graveyard.
Exile Red Nova Dragon: Destroy target attacking creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that card to the battlefield under your control.
7/6

IIW: Something from outside of *the game* (Magic)
Oof, can't be in your starting deck is painful. Otherwise, sure, it's a big baddie that I'd be happy to build around in draft (if it was P1P1).
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Rewritten History WUBRG
Enchantment - Saga
Whenever this enchantment adds one or more mana, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell you own from outside the game this turn. Spend only that mana to cast it.
I: Add one mana of any color
II: Add one mana of each of two different colors that this Saga hasn't added.
II: Add one mana of each of three different colors that this Saga hasn't added.

IIW: not this again
Oh that's killer. Well, in theory. I don't think the mana it produces can be used for anything other than instants, sorcerers, or (instant speed) abilities during your draw step. Which could be frustrating.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Through the Blind Eternities 1WW
Sorcery (R)
You may choose a planeswalker card you own from outside the game, reveal it, and cast it. If you do, its mana cost is reduced by 2 and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast it.

IIW: Exert or exert variants
Wow, what a callback. Like Flash meets Celestial Dawn meets Wish.
stille_nacht wrote:
2 years ago
Legacy 4
Artifact - Equipment (M)

When Legacy enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.

Equipped creature gets +1/+1 for each creature of the chosen type in your graveyard.
Whenever equipped creature dies, you may choose a creature with the same creature type from outside the game and put it in your hand.

1: Attach Legacy to a creature of chosen type
.Equip 4

The weight of history born on its blade.

IIW: Impractical contraptions.
Heck yeah, the ultimate tribal Equipment. Or throw it in a token with changeling and have fun.

HM: void, for flavor if nothing else

WINNAH: cythare

NEXT: exert or exert variant

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Orcish Juggernaut R
Creature - Orc Juggernaut (U)
Orcish Juggernaut enters the battlefield tapped. If Orcish Juggernaut entered the battlefield on the first turn of the game, Exert it.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Orcish Juggernaut this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Orcish Juggernaut.
"The Juggernauts start slow but once they pick up momentum even our best can't take them down."
3/2

IIW: Uncommon Red 1 Drop Creature
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

Djinn of Swole Dreams 2UU
Creature - Djinn {R}
Flying
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may exert it. If you do, that creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn and put a -1/-1 counter on it.
3/4

IIW: A FLAMETHROWER!!!!!!!!
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Samut's harness 1GR
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has vigilance
If equipped creature has an ability that allows it to exert on attack, it can also exert for that ability when it blocks. If you do, tap it.
Equip 3
Equip to creature with Exert ability GR

Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Landlord's Manor
Land (R)
: Add .
Lands you control have ", Exert this land: Add one mana of any color."
"I find it's best to keep the serfs a little hungry. It gives them something to strive for." -Baron Sengir
Bonus
Show
Hide
Battlefield Messenger
Creature- Human Soldier (U)
Haste
When Battlefield Messenger deals combat damage to a player, you may exert it. If you do, discard a card, then draw a card.
She rode until her horse was shot from under her. Then she ran until her leg was stabbed. Then she hobbled until the message was delivered.
1/1

Burden of Weakness
Instant (R)
Cast Burden of Weakness only during an opponent's untap step.
When an opponent taps a permanent this turn, exert that permanent.
Grandmother Sengir was always fascinated by human will in hopeless conditions.

Barony Serf
Creature- Human Serf (U)
T, Exert Barony Serf: Untap target land.
Sacrifice a food: Untap Barony Serf.
"Don't underestimate these pathetic, ragged creatures. They are our greatest asset." -Baron Sengir
1/1
bonus within a bonus
Show
Hide
Barony Farmland
Land (U)
Barony Farmland enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Serf or Peasant creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Farmland.
When Barony Farmland becomes exerted, you may pay to create a food token.

Barony Outpost
Land (U)
Barony Outpost enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Soldier or Warrior creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Outpost.
When Barony Outpost becomes exerted, you may pay to create a 1/1 red Soldier creature token with haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.

Barony Smuggler's Port
Land (U)
Barony Smuggler's Port enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Rogue or Pirate creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Smuggler's Port.
When Barony Smuggler's Port becomes exerted, you may pay to return target creature you control with mana value 2 or less to its owner's hand.

Barony Catacombs
Land (U)
Barony Catacombs enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Noble or Minion creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Catacombs.
When Barony Catacombs becomes exerted, you may pay to create a treasure token. If you do, you lose 1 life.

Barony Orchard
Land (U)
Barony Orchard enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Serf or Peasant creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Orchard.
When Barony Orchard becomes exerted, you may pay to put a +1/+1 counter on target non-attacking creature.
IIW: Lands lands lands
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 2 years ago, edited 8 times in total.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Esoteric Drain 1UU
Instant (U)
Overcast 2 (You may exert one lands tapped to cast this spell as you cast it. If you do, it becomes overcast)
Counter target spell. If Esoteric Drain was overcast, the next spell you cast this turn costs 3 less to cast.

Magma Surge 2R
Instant (C)
Overcast 1 (You may exert one lands tapped to cast this spell as you cast it. If you do, it becomes overcast)
Magma Surge deals 3 damage to any target. If Magma Surge was overcast, this damage can't be prevented.

IIW: Chicanery and Skullduggery

Legend
Aethernaut

Low-Hanging Fruit Garden (Uncommon)
Land
T: Add C.
T, Exert Low-Hanging Fruit Garden: Add one mana of any color.

Legend
Aethernaut

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Land
IIW: legendary instant

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

I normally don't do anything about spam in the multiposting sense in this forum, but cmon, there's an edit button
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Lazing Drudgedrake
5b
Creature - Drake (C)
Flying
Exert Lazing Drudgedrake as it attacks
4/4

IIW: Crab
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Beastly Effort 2GG
Sorcery (U)
Flare (You may exert yourself as you cast this spell. If you do, lands you control don't untap during your next untap step.)
Create a 4/4 green Beast creature token with "When this creature enters the battlefield, if you exerted yourself this turn, this creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker."

IIW: not this again.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Overfarming Mandate 1G
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you tap a land for mana, you may exert it. If you do, add one mana of any type that land produced.

IIW: Make a card for your IIW.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Orcish Juggernaut R
Creature - Orc Juggernaut (U)
Orcish Juggernaut enters the battlefield tapped. If Orcish Juggernaut entered the battlefield on the first turn of the game, Exert it.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Orcish Juggernaut this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Orcish Juggernaut.
"The Juggernauts start slow but once they pick up momentum even our best can't take them down."
3/2

IIW: Uncommon Red 1 Drop Creature
This doesn't quite feel like a Magic Juggernaut, but I otherwise like what it's doing. The exert clause is a bit odd here, since it means that it has identical damage output when cast on the first two turns.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Djinn of Swole Dreams 2UU
Creature - Djinn {R}
Flying
Whenever a creature you control attacks, you may exert it. If you do, that creature gets +4/+4 until end of turn and put a -1/-1 counter on it.
3/4

IIW: A FLAMETHROWER!!!!!!!!
This thing is definitely swole! I like that by itself, exerting doesn't outpace just attacking without exerting, but it's a flexible overrun effect on a 3/4 flier. I was concerned that it would be too strong, but I think the two blue pips means that it's probably a high-pick rare in an average Limited environment without being too oppressive, since blue isn't usually a low to the ground color.
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Samut's harness 1GR
Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +0/+2 and has vigilance
If equipped creature has an ability that allows it to exert on attack, it can also exert for that ability when it blocks. If you do, tap it.
Equip 3
Equip to creature with Exert ability GR

I'm not a huge fan of how this ends up playing out. If you exert this when it attacks with vigilance and then also exert it as a blocker, both exertions expire during the same untap step. I'm fairly certain that the ability as-worded isn't correct in "Magic speak", but I can't think of what the actual method would be. It seems very niche, but would definitely do work in an exert-heavy environment.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Landlord's Manor
Land (R)
: Add .
Lands you control have ", Exert this land: Add one mana of any color."
"I find it's best to keep the serfs a little hungry. It gives them something to strive for." -Baron Sengir
Bonus
Show
Hide
Battlefield Messenger
Creature- Human Soldier (U)
Haste
When Battlefield Messenger deals combat damage to a player, you may exert it. If you do, discard a card, then draw a card.
She rode until her horse was shot from under her. Then she ran until her leg was stabbed. Then she hobbled until the message was delivered.
1/1

Burden of Weakness
Instant (R)
Cast Burden of Weakness only during an opponent's untap step.
When an opponent taps a permanent this turn, exert that permanent.
Grandmother Sengir was always fascinated by human will in hopeless conditions.

Barony Serf
Creature- Human Serf (U)
T, Exert Barony Serf: Untap target land.
Sacrifice a food: Untap Barony Serf.
"Don't underestimate these pathetic, ragged creatures. They are our greatest asset." -Baron Sengir
1/1
bonus within a bonus
Show
Hide
Barony Farmland
Land (U)
Barony Farmland enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Serf or Peasant creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Farmland.
When Barony Farmland becomes exerted, you may pay to create a food token.

Barony Outpost
Land (U)
Barony Outpost enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Soldier or Warrior creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Outpost.
When Barony Outpost becomes exerted, you may pay to create a 1/1 red Soldier creature token with haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.

Barony Smuggler's Port
Land (U)
Barony Smuggler's Port enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Rogue or Pirate creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Smuggler's Port.
When Barony Smuggler's Port becomes exerted, you may pay to return target creature you control with mana value 2 or less to its owner's hand.

Barony Catacombs
Land (U)
Barony Catacombs enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Noble or Minion creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Catacombs.
When Barony Catacombs becomes exerted, you may pay to create a treasure token. If you do, you lose 1 life.

Barony Orchard
Land (U)
Barony Orchard enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a Serf or Peasant creature.
: Add . You may exert Barony Orchard.
When Barony Orchard becomes exerted, you may pay to put a +1/+1 counter on target non-attacking creature.
IIW: Lands lands lands
This is too many bonus cards, but I like the rare. Exerting to fix your mana is a nice space for a rare land.
Battlefield Messenger exerting on combat damage instead of attacking is a neat twist while still playing in the attacking space.
Players don't get priority during the untap step, so Burden of Weakness can't be cast.
Barony Serf is possibly too efficient, but it would depend on how easy Food was to make.
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Esoteric Drain 1UU
Instant (U)
Overcast 2 (You may exert one lands tapped to cast this spell as you cast it. If you do, it becomes overcast)
Counter target spell. If Esoteric Drain was overcast, the next spell you cast this turn costs 3 less to cast.

Magma Surge 2R
Instant (C)
Overcast 1 (You may exert one lands tapped to cast this spell as you cast it. If you do, it becomes overcast)
Magma Surge deals 3 damage to any target. If Magma Surge was overcast, this damage can't be prevented.

IIW: Chicanery and Skullduggery
I'm not sure what the numeral in Overcast means. I thought it referred to the quantity of lands to exert, but that doesn't match the reminder text. If that is what it means, I think it's in a good spot. If not, I'm not sure how else to parse this.
Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Land
This is quite similar to Landlord's Manor, but downshifted. I think it's appropriate at its rarity, although it could also possibly be common (it feels slightly above Shimmering Grotto but overall is a similar rate).
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
Lazing Drudgedrake
5b
Creature - Drake (C)
Flying
Exert Lazing Drudgedrake as it attacks
4/4

IIW: Crab
I'm not excited about this rate. I was surprised to find out that black doesn't have a 6-mana 4/4 flier at common (no color technically does), but Lumengrid Gargoyle and Scion of Ugin are both available to all colors. I'm not really able to envision the upside to this in the context of a set, so it just feels like a really slow clock.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Beastly Effort 2GG
Sorcery (U)
Flare (You may exert yourself as you cast this spell. If you do, lands you control don't untap during your next untap step.)
Create a 4/4 green Beast creature token with "When this creature enters the battlefield, if you exerted yourself this turn, this creature deals damage equal to its power to target creature or planeswalker."

IIW: not this again.
I don't specifically like keywording this action, but I get it functionally. It feels sorta like a partial-epic effect. I think both modes of this are reasonable rates for the card without being too strong when combined, and it would feel like a pretty good pick in Limited.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Overfarming Mandate 1G
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you tap a land for mana, you may exert it. If you do, add one mana of any type that land produced.

IIW: Make a card for your IIW.
This seems quite strong. It's pretty close to Mana Reflection for a 2-mana card. I'm not sure if it's too strong, but I'm fairly confident that having 6 mana on turn 3 is worth having no mana on turn 4 (and then 10 mana on turn 5!). I do appreciate that it is limited only to lands and not other permanents, and that it adds one mana and not double for cards like Ancient Tomb. I expect the average green deck would be happy to make this tradeoff.

HMs: Megiddo and NinjaCaterpie
Winner: Sporegorger_Dragon because I want to have their IIW be next
Next: Crab
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

i'm making a giant enemy crab reference, so nobody else is allowed to do it.
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Carcinization Engineer 2GU
Creature - Merfolk Crab Wizard
Ward 1
Other Crabs you control get +1/+1 and have Ward 1
Whenever a +1/+1 counter is placed on another creature you control, you may pay X, where X is 5 minus the number of +1/+1 counters on that creature. If you do, that creature becomes a crab.
"Nature has decided that the Crab is the optimal animal, and I do not argue with perfection."
3/3

IIW: Wild speculation about Streets of New Capenna
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Zodiac (Western) Crab 2U
Enchantment Creature - Crab {U}
Island menace (This creature can't be blocked except by two or more creatures as long as defending player controls an Island.)
2/4

IIW: augury, soothsaying, fortunes told
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
I'm not excited about this rate. I was surprised to find out that black doesn't have a 6-mana 4/4 flier at common
I feel like a complete idiot it was supposed to be 4b, it was meant to be a common five-drop 4/4 flyer, but I had a brainfart and input the 5 and went "yep, 5 is correct." :rofl: :pensive:
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”