NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Cybernetic Arms 1WW
Artifact — Equipment (U)
When Cybernetic Arms enters the battlefield, attach it to up to one target creature you control.
Equipped creature is a Cyborg in addition to its other types. It gets +2/+2 and can block an additional creature each combat.
As long as Cybernetic Arms isn't attached to a creature, it has equip .

IIW: The Adventures of She-Ra and/or He-Man

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Woops I missed the judgements
Show
Hide
Urza, Grand Artifice Overlord 4WUB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Artificer
Vigilance, Menace, Shroud
When Urza, Grand Artifice Overlord enters the battlefield, each player may detain all their creatures. If they do, create three treasure and gain cotnrol of target land they control. If they don't, destroy up to 3 lands they control and create six 2/2 Zombie soldier tokens.
Reborn of his brothers creation, filled with his hatred from his past life, all must bow before the Grand Artifice Overlord or perish.
3/7

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
AH URZA, SHOWING YOUR TRUE COLORS. PLAYING THE LONG GAME BY HAVING YOUR HEAD CUT OFF SO YOU CAN ATTACH IT TO CYBERNETIC SPIDER LEGS. CLASSIC MOVE. I SEE SOMEONE HAS BEEN WATCHING TOY STORY. THEY SAY SUCCESS IS THE BEST REVENGE. BUT WHOEVER SAID THAT HAS CLEARLY NEVER MET ZOMBIES. ZOMBIES ARE THE BEST REVENGE.

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Quantum Sai 1W
Sorcery (C)
Put a Quantum [ Lifelink \ +1/+1 ] counter on a creature you control. Draw a card. (A counter with two states has no effect. As a creature would become blocked or unblocked, its controller chooses a state for its counters until end of turn.)

I use "would" because a Quantum flying (or menace) counter could cause a block to become invalid (this card could as well, if a creature couldn't block creatures with power 3+ or something like that.) Since blocks were already declared, a creature that became unable to block this way can't go towards another block.

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Flatline » 2 years ago

Edit: As a bizarre coincidence, I just noticed that this is my 445th post on MTGN. I based my card on a character(?) from the movie Neo Tokyo, which I had never heard of before posting this. I guess it would have been even more bizarre if this was my 443rd post, since 444-1 is 443, but still.

444-1 4
Artifact Creature — Assembly Worker (R)
444-1 attacks each turn if able.
444-1 can't be blocked.
Whenever 444-1 deals damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to you.
"Our automated workers are designed to finish the task at hand, no matter the cost."
4/4

IIW: Band names as black-bordered card names. (No local bands. Your band should at least have a Wikipedia page.)
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

151 kamikomon UGR
Sorcery (Alchemy)
Shuffle random creature cards with color identity within blue, green and red, into your library, until there's at least 151 creature cards.
You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, exile a random common creature card from your library. You may cast cards exiled this way this turn. If you have cast three or more creatures of a certain rarity this way, also exile a card of the next higher rarity."

Edit: in an even bizarrer coincidence not trying to one-up Flatline, I based this card on the song "Hyakugojyuuichi" (151 in Japanese), the original ending theme of the Pokemon anime.
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 years ago

The Ghost 3
Legendary Artifact
Creatures you control can't block.
You can't cast spells on other players' turns.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay 1W. If you do, you choose which creatures block this combat and how those creatures block.
(2/u): Look at target player's hand.

IIW: a moment of desperation

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Pupil of Ken-Sama 2W
Creature — Human Samurai Clown (R)
When Pupil of Ken-Sama enters the battlefield, study the blade. (Search your library for an Equipment or Vehicle card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.)
Whenever Pupil of Ken-Sama becomes blocked, if it's modified, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Modifications
Last edited by Cythare 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Encoded Firewall 1
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified artifact or land has hexproof.
Fortify artifact or land 1 (Attach to target artifact or land you control. Fortify only as a sorcery. This card enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the artifact or land leaves.)

Next: Fortifications
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

I tried to summon the judge... i'll do it if we're still waiting by tomorrow.
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Sorry folks, I forgot lmao.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Hypersonic Train 3
Artifact- Vehicle (U)
Dash 2
Crew 1
When Hypersonic Train enters the battlefield, it becomes a creature and gains haste until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: What if they decided to return to Ulgrotha instead of ever going to Innistrad? (https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Ulgrotha)
Hey, that's pretty cool. Like Fleetwheel Cruiser but with Dash potential if you can't crew it. I like the play patterns, though it probably should have had haste like Cruiser (since it always grants it to itself, no?)
chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Tetsuo, giant monster 3GBB
(Consuming Kami)
Creature - Spirit Mutant Horror
When this creature enters the battlefield, each other creature gets -2/-2
Whenever another creature dies, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.
Menace
6/6

Note: I have not seen Akira, but it has Neo tokyo in it.

IIW: Draft a card from this card's spellbook.
I also haven't seen Akira, haha... This guy reminds me of Massacre Wurm, but less of a finisher. Doesn't particularly excite.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Information Expert 1UU
Creature - Human Wizard (U)
When Information Expert enters the battlefield, download three cards (draw those cards, but place them on the table with a Virtual counter on them. A card with Virtual stays revealed and can't be played.)
1U, Discard a card: Information Expert can't be blocked this turn.
2/2

IIW: Channel
So virtual cards are basically there for hand size and to be discarded? Seems kind of... narrow. Not sure I like it.
Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Hotwire (Uncommon)
R
Sorcery
Gain control of target Vehicle until end of turn. Untap that Vehicle. It becomes an artifact creature and gains haste until end of turn.
Draw a card.

IIW: a monocolored card with two abilities never before seen together on a monocolored card
Flavourful but hella narrow. Might play better as a generic artifact steal that activates Vehicles?
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
AKIRA 7
Legendary Creature [no type] {MR}
When you cast AKIRA, destroy all creatures.
Whenever AKIRA would die, exile it instead. If five or more artifacts were put into graveyards from the battlefield this turn, you may cast AKIRA from exile.
You may mutate human creatures you control.
5/3

IIW: A mechanic that creates a new game piece, like Venture or Daybound.
Those are... some lines of text. I see some links between the abilities and Akira, but not much between the abilities themselves... I guess I can treat the second two abilities as flavour text, but that seems wrong.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
2 years ago
Nano-Virus 5UU
Artifact Enchantment Creature- Germ (R)
You may cast Nano-Virus as an aura with enchant artifact for 2UU
When Nano-Virus dies or becomes unattached from an artifact, you may attach it to target artifact.
You control enchanted artifact.
5/8

IIW: The biggest common you can design
That's cute! I love how well it takes the flavour, but I feel like it's going to cause some serious rules hassles... That and it seems... very recurrable. Is the intention that it perpetually keeps something stolen? And if there are no artifacts, it's supposed to go to grave (and not become a creature, since it's not a Bestow card)?
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Cybernetic Arms 1WW
Artifact — Equipment (U)
When Cybernetic Arms enters the battlefield, attach it to up to one target creature you control.
Equipped creature is a Cyborg in addition to its other types. It gets +2/+2 and can block an additional creature each combat.
As long as Cybernetic Arms isn't attached to a creature, it has equip .

IIW: The Adventures of She-Ra and/or He-Man
Solid card, clean representation of mechanical abilities. The inability to move it is chef's kiss in terms of flavour.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Quantum Sai 1W
Sorcery (C)
Put a Quantum [ Lifelink \ +1/+1 ] counter on a creature you control. Draw a card. (A counter with two states has no effect. As a creature would become blocked or unblocked, its controller chooses a state for its counters until end of turn.)

I use "would" because a Quantum flying (or menace) counter could cause a block to become invalid (this card could as well, if a creature couldn't block creatures with power 3+ or something like that.) Since blocks were already declared, a creature that became unable to block this way can't go towards another block.
brain nightmare. I think this is versatile enough that you don't want it to grant even more freedom to the user as per your extra comment.
Flatline wrote:
2 years ago
Edit: As a bizarre coincidence, I just noticed that this is my 445th post on MTGN. I based my card on a character(?) from the movie Neo Tokyo, which I had never heard of before posting this. I guess it would have been even more bizarre if this was my 443rd post, since 444-1 is 443, but still.

444-1 4
Artifact Creature — Assembly Worker (R)
444-1 attacks each turn if able.
444-1 can't be blocked.
Whenever 444-1 deals damage to an opponent, it deals that much damage to you.
"Our automated workers are designed to finish the task at hand, no matter the cost."
4/4

IIW: Band names as black-bordered card names. (No local bands. Your band should at least have a Wikipedia page.)
I have also never heard of this film. Interesting card, kinda like a creature-based Sulfuric Vortex. I feel like the play patterns may be a bit too linear here.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
151 kamikomon UGR
Sorcery (Alchemy)
Shuffle random creature cards with color identity within blue, green and red, into your library, until there's at least 151 creature cards.
You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, exile a random common creature card from your library. You may cast cards exiled this way this turn. If you have cast three or more creatures of a certain rarity this way, also exile a card of the next higher rarity."

Edit: in an even bizarrer coincidence not trying to one-up Flatline, I based this card on the song "Hyakugojyuuichi" (151 in Japanese), the original ending theme of the Pokemon anime.
That's a lot of words. Nobody will ever cast this card, but it seems like a good 4fun game mode in MTGA akin to Omniscience draft or Momir Basic.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 years ago
The Ghost 3
Legendary Artifact
Creatures you control can't block.
You can't cast spells on other players' turns.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may pay 1W. If you do, you choose which creatures block this combat and how those creatures block.
(2/u): Look at target player's hand.

There are a lot of lines here, some of which work together. I feel like all the abilities together make the game a little too... empty. Completely invalidate blocks (so you either blow out your opponent instantly, or they're basically forced to alpha every turn to not lose their weaker creatures), and stop casting spells on your opponent's turns. Feels like it would just turn into tapping out every turn and turning everyone sideways.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Pupil of Ken-Sama 2W
Creature — Human Samurai Clown (R)
When Pupil of Ken-Sama enters the battlefield, study the blade. (Search your library for an Equipment or Vehicle card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.)
Whenever Pupil of Ken-Sama becomes blocked, if it's modified, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
2/2

But your waifu, she calls him Pupil of Dad-Sama. Clown made me laugh. Study the blade made me laugh. Solid meme. Honestly a reasoanble card, too.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Encoded Firewall 1
Artifact - Fortification
Fortified artifact or land has hexproof.
Fortify artifact or land 1 (Attach to target artifact or land you control. Fortify only as a sorcery. This card enters the battlefield unattached and stays on the battlefield if the artifact or land leaves.)

Next: Fortifications
Ah, interesting, extending Fortify to artifacts. Makes sense, interesting twist on the mechanic. Unfortunately, even with that functionality, the mechanic still has no design space. I feel like this card + Darksteel is approximately 2/3s of all the cards you could make with this mechanic.
Winner: Megatroid Jones for the train
HM: Cythare, spacemonaut

Next: What if they decided to return to Ulgrotha instead of ever going to Innistrad? (https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Ulgrotha)

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 years ago

You posted a Neo-Tokyo prompt and... haven't seen... Akira

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
He also hasn't watched the movie titled Neo-Tokyo.

Willow Caretaker
gu
Creature - Faerie Druid (U)
Flying
T: Untap another target Faerie or Forest.
2/1

Bloodseeker Familiar
1b
Creature - Bat (C)
Flying
When Bloodseeker Familiar enters the battlefield or dies, create a Blood token.
1/2
If it fails to return with enough blood, it risks becoming the next meal.

IIW: Cleave
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Murk Troll 1UB
Creature - Troll
Flash, Protection from Green
1BRegenerate Murk Troll.
3/2

Murderer of Av-hanna 2B
Creature - Human Noble (U)
When Murderer of Av-Hanna enters the battlefield, destroy another target human.
The son of a noble, bored with life, decided to find out if the hearts of his fathers subjects were really a pure as they say.
2/2

IIW: Draft Matters Cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Anaba Virtuoso 1RR
Creature — Minotaur Bard (R)
Menace
Whenever Anaba Virtuoso enters the battlefield or attacks, you may put a Minotaur creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. It gains haste until end of turn. Return that creature to your hand at the beginning of the next end step.
3/2

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Sengir Rats (Uncommon)
1B
Creature - Rat
1/1
Whenever Sengir Rats regenerates, create a 1/1 black Rat creature token.
2BB: Regenerate Sengir Rats.

IIW: two mechanics that have never before been together on the same card
Last edited by Legend 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
Absolutely horrible. This shouldn't be allowed @Megiddo

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 years ago

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Phyrexian Editor wrote:
2 years ago
Absolutely horrible. This shouldn't be allowed @Megiddo
Lol

Megiddo
MEG

wtf
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Bloodline Exterminator WW
Creature - Human Archer {R}
First strike
Whenever Bloodline Exterminator deals combat damage to a vampire, exile that creature and all other creatures that player controls with the same name as that creature. Then that player reveals their hand and exiles all cards with that name from their hand and graveyard.
"Barony, barogna. Either way, you're going to die."
2/2

IIW: Magic in 2032
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

also, happy new year!
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
"Barony, barogna."
@avatarz's Player Spotlight card
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 2 years ago

Judging tomorrow afternoon.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Sea Clan Powdermakers 2RR
Creature - Dwarf Pirate (R)
Haste
When Sea Clan Powdermakers dies, choose up to X, where X is the number of other Dwarves you control -
• Sea Clan Powdermakers deals 2 damage to target creature and 2 damage to that creature's controller.
• Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards plus one.
• Create two 1/1 red Dwarf creature tokens.
3/3

IIW: Cumulative upkeep
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 years ago

Barony Werewolf 2BB
Creature - Werewolf (Uncommon)
Menace
At the beginning of each end step, put a -1/-1 counter on all creatures blocked by or that blocked Barony Werewolf this turn.
Scavengers hid in the outskirts of the Dark Barony, ready to feast on anyone who tries to run from Baron Sengir's reach.
3/3

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Aysen Pathfinders 2GG
Creature — Human Shaman (U)
Whenever Aysen Pathfinders attacks, you may mutate any number of other attacking creatures underneath it until end of combat. Aysen Pathfinders gets +X/+Y until end of turn, where X is the total power of other creatures mutated this way and Y is their total toughness. (They become separate creatures again after combat.)
2/3

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”