NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 2 years ago

coming back to it, I think I was influenced by my all-time favorite cube card Hidetsugu's Second Rite. Your card feels like it could encourage some similar moments of tension during gameplay that i find fun.
MEG

wonderful
Pronoun: she / her

Post by wonderful » 2 years ago

SPOILER
Show
Hide
iiw: your take on the one ring

Megiddo
MEG

Supply Phase 2UG
Enchantment {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player secretly chooses produce or consume, then simultaneously reveals their choice. If exactly one player chose produce, that player searches their library for a basic land card, reveals it, puts it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffles. If exactly one player chose consume, that player draws two cards. Each other player scries 1.

IIW: Lift Yourself
MEG

NinjaCaterpie
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 2 years ago

how i feel when i play a lot of these games (especially ones i haven't played before)

Piling Regret UB
Enchantment (R)
1U, Exile a card from your hand: Draw two cards.
At the beginning of your end step, you lose life equal to the number of cards exiled by Piling Regrets.
"I really should have taken the other road..."

IIW: Terrible usages of Cleave

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 2 years ago

Jugding soon

Juancu

chetoos wrote:
2 years ago
Spreading Pandemic 1GBB
Enchantment
At the beginning of your end step, put a -1/-1 counter on target creature. Then, if there are more than 3 -1/-1 counters on that creature, remove those -1/-1 counters and put a -1/-1 counter on each other creature that player controls that shares a color with that creature
"We're doing everything we can to contain the spread of it, but even we can't control outbreaks when they happen." - Boghald, Barrenton medic
Yeah, I would have gotten it without any mention of Pandemic, haha. I like the balance, even if it would feel oppressive against wide strategies, it's not too bad, still needs a x/3 to be able to spread, and it's quite slow. Homerun.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Lair of the Boss Monster
Legendary Land - Lair
As Lair of the Boss Monster enters the battlefield, choose a nonhuman creature you control. it is a Boss in addition to its other types and gains Hexproof as long as you control a Lair.
At the beginning of your upkeep, target player venture into a dungeon. When a player completed a dungeon, target Boss creature you control fights another target creature they control.
Instants cards in your hand are traps in addition to their other types and gain the following text: "Whenever another player ventures into a dungeon, you may sacrifice a land rather than pay this spell's mana cost."

A nice couple of concepts here, but it would probably need to lose one of them to make it to print. The Boss part is the weakest, I think, having them go through the Mad Mage until you get 1 fight with a creature that had to survive 7 upkeeps, phew. On the other hand, getting an instant for no mana each turn (even if it costs a land), that would break constructed formats quickly.

wonderful wrote: Chaos.jpg
I think this combos too strongly with omniscience (or Ugin, or whatever permanent is over the top in a format), and it's actually a sweeper for the aggro decks to help you get there. Sure, it's no Show and Tell, but the fact that it digs, and dodges discard, and recurs that huge bomb, make it too over the top for me.
Megiddo wrote:
2 years ago
Supply Phase 2UG
Enchantment {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player secretly chooses produce or consume, then simultaneously reveals their choice. If exactly one player chose produce, that player searches their library for a basic land card, reveals it, puts it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffles. If exactly one player chose consume, that player draws two cards. Each other player scries 1.
I don't know what game this comes from, but I love those kinds of mechanics. On this card, though, the balance suffers. I don't want to spend 4 for a "Each player scries 1" each turn. On 3 players it's more likely someone gets something better, but I don't think that's gonna be me usually. This could cost UG easily, and even then, I've lost a card for something way too simetrical.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Piling Regret UB
Enchantment (R)
1U, Exile a card from your hand: Draw two cards.
At the beginning of your end step, you lose life equal to the number of cards exiled by Piling Regrets.
"I really should have taken the other road..."

I feel you; been there many a time. Each time you activate this, you get +1 card, and get 1 damage forever more, for more mana than phyrexian arena. Maybe just make it trigger with the ability. "Draw 2 cards, then lose 1 life for each card exiled by this." That at least stops the bleed if you don't want more cards.

Winner: Cheetos.
Next: Ravnica: Harvest Festival

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 years ago

Yay, I'm glad it was such a slam dunk. I'm looking for cards from a hypothetical Ravnica set focused around their version of Thanksgiving.

Megiddo
MEG

Race for the Galaxy
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 2 years ago

Fruits of the Harvest 2BG
Sorcery (C)
Exile each creature card from your graveyard. Create a Food token for each creature card exiled this way.
"Oh, and the mystery giblets are to die for this year!"

(In this set, Golgari is focusing not much on the graveyard and a lot more on its guildpact role of food supply.)

IIW: monster truck derby
Last edited by spacemonaut 2 years ago, edited 5 times in total.

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 2 years ago

Harvest Souls
Sorcery (M)
Each player exiles X creatures they control. Until the end of your next turn, you may cast cards exiled with Harvest Souls and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast them.

iiw: X cost "choose one"s

NinjaCaterpie

Fireworks Peddler 1R
Creature - Goblin (U)
1R, T: Target creature gets +1/+0 and gains menace until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step, it deals 1 damage to itself.
"Explosives smuggler reported on corner of Tin and Arrow. Suspect is wearing a burnt hat and missing four fingers." - Tenth District beat report
2/1

Juancu

Flowergift Passerby 2W
Creature - Human Peasant (U)
At the beginning of your end step, you may choose a creature that collaborated with Flowergift Passerby this turn. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
(A creature collaborates with another if they convoke the same spell, crew the same vehicle, or enter combat together.)
2/1

IIW: the pinnacle of its evolution
Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Lalia, Selensya Harvester 1WG
Legendary Creature - Dryad
Lifelink
Whenever you gain 3 or more life, you may draw a card.
Tap an untapped land, WG: Create two food tokens.
1/4

IIW: Ravnica but an Ice age has set upon the city due to a Crazy mad mage trying to bring back Ravnica's Oceans
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos

Judging tonight!

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 years ago

Unappetizing Gobbler 1UG
Creature - Ooze Bird Turtle
Flying, Hexproof
Whenever Unappetizing Gobbler dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
While Ajani was used to eating turkeys for the Harvest feast, the ones that the simic created for him just weren't the same.
1/2

IIW: Ravnica but an Ice age has set upon the city due to a Crazy mad mage trying to bring back Ravnica's Oceans
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 2 years ago

Harvest Tithe 2W
Enchantment (R)
Whenever another player creates a token, create a Treasure token. This ability triggers only once each turn.
Holiday or no holiday, the Church of Deals always expects its tithe.

IIW: The fire burning inside you
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos

Break out the racist uncles and cranberry sauce, it's thanksgiving time!
spacemonaut wrote:
2 years ago
Fruits of the Harvest 2BG
Sorcery (C)
Exile each creature card from your graveyard. Create a Food token for each creature card exiled this way.
"Oh, and the mystery giblets are to die for this year!"

(In this set, Golgari is focusing not much on the graveyard and a lot more on its guildpact role of food supply.)

IIW: monster truck derby
The golgari really like having creatures in their graveyard, this goes against every previous guild mechanic they've had. I don't think this will be a good dish.
wonderful wrote:
2 years ago
Harvest Souls
Sorcery (M)
Each player exiles X creatures they control. Until the end of your next turn, you may cast cards exiled with Harvest Souls and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast them.

iiw: X cost "choose one"s
This is quite an interesting wrath, though maybe a little strong in certain aspects. Maybe like X2WB, and it destroys all creatures, and you can exile X cards from each graveyard, and X can't be 0?
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
2 years ago
Fireworks Peddler 1R
Creature - Goblin (U)
1R, T: Target creature gets +1/+0 and gains menace until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step, it deals 1 damage to itself.
"Explosives smuggler reported on corner of Tin and Arrow. Suspect is wearing a burnt hat and missing four fingers." - Tenth District beat report
2/1

I feel like that flavor text could apply to most guildless goblins on Ravnica, honestly. Regardless, I do like the menace trick, as well as the slight drawback, though maybe make it a bit stronger of a buff? Also, while people do light fireworks on Thanksgiving, it's not really what the holiday is known for.
Juancu wrote:
2 years ago
Flowergift Passerby 2W
Creature - Human Peasant (U)
At the beginning of your end step, you may choose a creature that collaborated with Flowergift Passerby this turn. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
(A creature collaborates with another if they convoke the same spell, crew the same vehicle, or enter combat together.)
2/1

"Enter combat together" I don't think that terminology would be used by WotC, but I get what you're saying. The ability could also be shortened to "...target creature that collaborated with Flowergift this turn." Still, a very good uncommon that really plants a flag on the theme of collaboration in the set.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Lalia, Selensya Harvester 1WG
Legendary Creature - Dryad
Lifelink
Whenever you gain 3 or more life, you may draw a card.
Tap an untapped land, WG: Create two food tokens.
1/4

Ah, getting around White's weakness of not drawing cards well by adding green to the card, clever. Still though, 3 mana for 2 food is very powerful, but this is still a very good design.
Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Unappetizing Gobbler 1UG
Flying, Hexproof
Whenever Unappetizing Gobbler dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
While Ajani was used to eating turkeys for the Harvest feast, the ones that the simic created for him just weren't the same.
1/2

I'd still eat it, just... around the goop. I like how you've submitted both of the strongest entries so far.
Cythare wrote:
2 years ago
Harvest Tithe 2W
Enchantment (R)
Whenever another player creates a token, create a Treasure token. This ability triggers only once each turn.
Holiday or no holiday, the Church of Deals always expects its tithe.

IIW: The fire burning inside you
Someone's been reading Maro's blog about white's weaknesses. The first sentence should probably read "one or more tokens" with the "only once each turn" trigger, to keep it in line with cards like Morbid Opportunist, but very well balanced.

Winner: Ulka.
Next: Ravnica has an Ice Age from a crazy mad mage trying to bring back the oceans.

NinjaCaterpie

Mizzix Snow-shoveler 1UR
Artifact - Vehicle (U)
Whenever Mizzix Snow-shoveler attacks, permanents aren't snow until the beginning of your next turn.
Crew 2
"And they called me mad!" - Riz-Kos, Izzet mad scientist
4/4

IIW: Terrible usages of cleave

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Ulka wrote:
2 years ago
Unappetizing Gobbler 1UG
Hmm, maybe they're better off marketing it as aspic or savory pudding.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Phyrexian Editor

Post by Phyrexian Editor » 2 years ago

Ice Cocoon Spinner / hybrid, / hybrid
Snow Creature—Spider Yeti Shaman {U}
, : Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step. If you control that creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
The Simic quickly discovered that the cold's anesthetizing properties allowed them to bring myriad procedures out of the laboratory and onto the battlefield.
2/2

IIW: A mechanic that introduces a new game piece, like enter the dungeon or daybound.
Last edited by Phyrexian Editor 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 years ago

Hot-Ice Paradox
1ur
Snow Creature - Weird (U)
Defender, haste
T: Add
5/1
"EUREKA!" -Niv-Mizzet

IIW: Fungus
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos

Zal Rarek, mad inventor 2uU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Whenever you play an island, scry 1. If that island is snow, draw a card instead.
"My insane brother caused this, we need to figure out how to shut it down." - Ral Zarek, Izzet Guildmaster.
2/4

IIW: Phyrexian invasion of goldmeadow, or other 100% wholesome place/plane.
Last edited by chetoos 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Lekkato, the Rimetide UWBG
Legendary Creature - Nephilim Cat
Companion - Choose two guilds (a guild is a two color identity.) Each other multicolored card in your starting deck is exactly one of those guilds
Whenever you cast a multicolored spell, tap target creature and gain 1 life. If it was already tapped and it's your turn, that creature doesn't untap during its controller next untap step.
4/6

How would this mad mage achieve this? Well, we know nephilim are ancient god-like entities that can absorb limitless mana and threaten the world, so one of them would be perfect to make it happen. This one would be tied to the concept of Winter, and be part of a cycle that all shared the same companion ability. (Which I think makes a very interesting restriction for building a 4-color deck.)
The other nephilim in the cycle would be:

RWBG (no U) - Summer
RWGU (no B) - Spring
RGBU (no W) - Autumn
RBUW (no G) - The Void. The center of Ravnica, and the Space above, heat-sinks untouched by the seasons.

Last edited by Juancu 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Prime Speaker Neupros GGUU
Legendary Snow Creature — Elf Mutant {M}
When Prime Speaker Neupros enters the battlefield, if you control a permanent with a +1/+1 counter on it, draw a card, then proliferate.
When Prime Speaker Neupros enters the battlefield, if you control a permanent with an ice counter on it, draw a card, then proliferate.
4/4

IIW: Spirit in the Shell
MEG

chetoos

@Ulka judge? It's been over a day.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”