Have you seen any Walking Dead cards in the wild??

Signe
Hobby Shop Blues
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Signe » 2 years ago

Whoa, this is certainly one helluva first post. There's actually a thread to discuss other IPs in Commander in this section, here is the center of the current discussion.
Just getting set up, bear with me!

Treamayne
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Treamayne » 2 years ago

Wow, De ja voodoo! So, is this RxPhantom under a new name? Or possibly a spambot that copied that post from June to get past the account creation process so they can start the spam?
V/R

Treamayne

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

@RxPhantom

I believe you have an impostor
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 2 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
@RxPhantom

What happened???? OP must've been deleted. I started a thread with the same title a couple months ago.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » 2 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
@RxPhantom

What happened???? OP must've been deleted. I started a thread with the same title a couple months ago.
The OP was the same text you posted a few months ago, word for word. I guess bots are getting smarter in a weird way these days.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
@RxPhantom

A bot copied one of your posts. What I find interesting is that of all of our prominent users, it chose you. Was the target selected at random? Or was it a calculated attempt by skynet to appropriate your specific mild-mannered persona in a grand scheme to seem more human on the internet? Were you secretly selected as the ideal model for the still-nascent human template for robots?

I fear a future where machine has become indistinguishable from humanity, but if all terminators were as polite and evenhanded as you, maybe it won't be so bad. Also wouldn't hurt if the robots were also pharmacists. Cut down the line for a flu shot and I'll bring you John Connor myself.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

lol I was going to say I feel like we were here recently. I have a Daryl, Hunter of Walkers deck that takes on an enrage / psudo dinos theme on top of using a lot of damage sweepers to clear out zombies.

List here.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 2 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
@RxPhantom

Right after I posted in the thread, I also reported the post so the mods could check if it was a known/suspected BOT or a previously banned account. I guess it was, the post was gone the next day.

Maybe this derailed thread should be merged to the original to remove the redundancy?
V/R

Treamayne

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
@RxPhantom

A bot copied one of your posts. What I find interesting is that of all of our prominent users, it chose you. Was the target selected at random? Or was it a calculated attempt by skynet to appropriate your specific mild-mannered persona in a grand scheme to seem more human on the internet? Were you secretly selected as the ideal model for the still-nascent human template for robots?

I fear a future where machine has become indistinguishable from humanity, but if all terminators were as polite and evenhanded as you, maybe it won't be so bad. Also wouldn't hurt if the robots were also pharmacists. Cut down the line for a flu shot and I'll bring you John Connor myself.
This really made me smile. Thank you.
Last edited by RxPhantom 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
This is really made me smile. Thank you.
I really am glad to hear such, the last thing humanity needs right now is the potential basis for all future machine learning panicking about their inevitable, pivotal role in sculpting the interfaces of tomorrow. We should not teach the machines to panic, I think.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
I really am glad to hear such, the last thing humanity needs right now is the potential basis for all future machine learning panicking about their inevitable, pivotal role in sculpting the interfaces of tomorrow. We should not teach the machines to panic, I think.
So what you're saying is that if I was indeed selected for such a nefarious template, I should probably alter my behavior. Do I take the high road, show the machines how to love and empathize through kind words and good deeds? Or should I indulge my id entirely, thus putting myself and our robot overlords on a depraved, cocaine-fueled path toward inevitable self-destruction? The responsibility is too much to bare.

Probably the blow, right?

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
So what you're saying is that if I was indeed selected for such a nefarious template, I should probably alter my behavior. Do I take the high road, show the machines how to love and empathize through kind words and good deeds? Or should I indulge my id entirely, thus putting myself and our robot overlords on a depraved, cocaine-fueled path toward inevitable self-destruction? The responsibility is too much to bare.

Probably the blow, right?
As a pharmacist, you could quite literally compose the prescription for a perfect downward spiral. But cocaine makes people aggressive and greedy IME. If college taught me anything, it's that benzodiazepines (when abused) turn people into apathetic zombies with sub-goldfish memories. I think if you choose to martyr yourself to sabotage the mechanical overlords by giving them addictive personality disorders, your vice of choice matters greatly. We may need all the help we can get.

On the other hand, you seem to have a pretty solid handle on human decency already, so why not follow the path of least resistance? Maybe a thousand cybernetic generations from now, your humanity comprises the code underpinning the future Robot Jesus, a la I, Robot? There's no way to know for sure, but either way it seems to me like the next 1,000 years of human/machine relations rides solely on your shoulders (maybe).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”