NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur
Pronoun: he / him

Post by vishamon » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
I can't get behind red lifegain, but, uh, check out that autocard link if you haven't yet.
Maybe I should have made it Mana Clash instead of Game of Chaos?

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Maralen: Isn't Maralen an Elf? But anyway, this is fun, maybe keying off of the recently-spoiled Garth One-Eye card copy technology we have seen. Let me just do the math very quickly.
Turn 0: Create a Bitterblossom (1) and lose 1 life (1).
Turn 1: Create a Faerie (1) and lose 1 life (2); Create a Bitterblossom (2) and lose 2 life (4)
Turn 2: Create two Faeries (3) and lose 2 life (6); Create a Bitterblossom (3) and lose 3 life (9). Attack for 1 (1).
Turn 3: Create three Faeries (6) and lose 3 life (12); Create a Bitterblossom (4) and lose 4 life (16). Attack for 3 (4).
Turn 4: Create four Faeries (10) and lose 4 life (20).

I think I could have stopped after turn 2, where you have lost 9 life by the time you deal 1 damage with Faerie tokens.
The Maralen on the card and who's in the novel isn't really an Elf.

I designed her with the rest of the Faerie tribe in mind; she'd be backed up by your regular Bitterblossom cards and can be championed with Mistbind Clique when she becomes too much of a liability.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Aperture Scientist RR
Creature — Human Wizard (R)
Haste
Whenever a player casts a spell with X in its mana cost, if X isn't 0, roll a six-sided die. X becomes that number. That spell's controller may choose new modes, targets, and distributions of effects for that spell.
2/2

IIW: Barnyard tribal
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
You have provided a card that does all* of the above by itself! Which is pretty sweet, don't get me wrong, but maybe a lot for one card. Oh, and Genesis Hydra sends its regards as well.
Thanks!! I was definitely thinking as I made it that this card should never exist, lol

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Herald of the Crabtide 2RU
Creature — Crab Shaman
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player chooses a non-Crab creature they control at random. They put a carcinization counter on that creature. For as long as it has a carcinization counter on it, it's a Crab in addition to its other types and has base power and toughness 3/3.
Crabs get +1/+0 for each other Crab its controller controls.
3/3

IIW: Blaseball and other surreal splorts
Last edited by spacemonaut 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Herald of the Crabtide 2RU
Creature — Crab Shaman
At the beginning of each player's end step, that player chooses a non-Crab creature they control at random. They put a carcinization counter on that creature. For as long as it has a crab counter on it, it's a Crab in addition to its other types and has base power and toughness 3/3.
Crabs get +1/+0 for each other crab its controller controls.
3/3
Just a heads up that you change the type of counter referenced here in the middle of the ability!
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

vishamon wrote:
3 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
I can't get behind red lifegain, but, uh, check out that autocard link if you haven't yet.
Maybe I should have made it Mana Clash instead of Game of Chaos?
Mana clash is at least plausibly red.
man i DO NOT have time to read Magic the Gathering Books

except for the entire Onslaught cycle, apparently, which I later learned are hyperbolically-regarded as the worst books ever written. I am great at identifying literature for consumption.

edit: I completely forgot! I have a LOT more to say about the "creating existing card" technology that you used in your entry. Keep your eyes open.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
You have provided a card that does all* of the above by itself! Which is pretty sweet, don't get me wrong, but maybe a lot for one card. Oh, and Genesis Hydra sends its regards as well.
Thanks!! I was definitely thinking as I made it that this card should never exist, lol
Modern MTG design is trending in such a way that we may yet see a card that "does it all" so stay tuned.

---

entry, though I may change this. ;)

Creature — Avatar {M}
Haste
Whenever Avatar of Chaos becomes blocked by a creature, the owner of that creature shuffles it into their library, then reveals the top card of their library. If it's a permanent card, they put it onto the battlefield. If it's a creature, it enters blocking Avatar of Chaos.
4/4

IIW: Slush Art Challenge (I'll be updating this IIW in a bit with arts)
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Man I feel you, good thing they just made the story into online articles.

But man, that was an incredibly baffling story direction because we just had a TRIBAL block where Maralen hailed from, so you had this Elf who wasn't an Elf but is actually storywise a Fairy in the set where that distinction actually mattered.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Modern MTG design is trending in such a way that we may yet see a card that "does it all" so stay tuned.
Maybe even tomorrow.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago

except for the entire Onslaught cycle, apparently, which I later learned are hyperbolically-regarded as the worst books ever written. I am great at identifying literature for consumption.

edit: I completely forgot! I have a LOT more to say about the "creating existing card" technology that you used in your entry. Keep your eyes open.
Did you not read the Kamigawa cycle? I just assumed you had based on other discussions we've had.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

oh yeah i did read those. and mirrodin.
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Wild-Magic Pulse URG
Sorcery (R)
Choose two at random —
• Tap target creature. It don't untap on its control untap step.
• Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.
• Wild-Magic Pulse deals 4 damage to any target.
• Wild-Magic Pulse deals 3 damage to each creature.
• Return target card from your graveyard to play.
• Cascade.
• Draw a card.
Flashback 2GRU
I've given up trying to understand my powers.

IIW: Combine two mechanics that haven't been combined before
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Information Breaker 2RR
Creature - Goblin Advisor (M)
If a player would draw a card, they exile the top card of another player's library of their choice instead. They may play that card as long as it's exiled and may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to play it.
"Goblin research"
- Ravnican phrase meaning "plagiarism"

2/2

IIW: Adventures in the Forgotten Realms

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Tumult 1rr
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power to another target chosen at random.
--
In a goblin brawl, latecomers know to show up and just start swinging.

IIW: Graveyard Mechanics

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Post by KoolKoal » 3 years ago

Foolish Bargain XR
Sorcery (R)
When you cast this spell, X is chosen at random. X must be greater than 0 and less than the number of lands you control. If you fail to pay this spell's cost when you cast it, exile it, then return it to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.
Choose one at random X times–
  • Create a 3/2 red Devil creature token.
  • Foolish Bargain deals 1 damage to any two targets.
  • Discard a card. Draw a card at the beginning of the next end step.
IIW: Goblin PC

Sporegorger_Dragon

Hope This Works!
1ur
Instant (R)
Choose target spell. Roll a six-sided die. Hope This Works! has the indicated effect.
1-Discard a card, then draw a card.
2-A random player other than its owner gains control of that spell. They may choose new targets for it.
3-Hope This Works! deals damage to that spell's controller equal to that spell's mana value.
4-Counter that spell.
5-Return that spell to its owner's hand.
6-Copy that spell twice. You may choose new targets for it.

IIW: Create a card for this art:
Will Kenrith kicking Jace in the crotch with his ice leg.
Garruk in the background is :o

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

guigdJn
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Wizard spell.
2/2 of — controller player that X for its That if six-sided a a casts becomes cost, number. die. with modes, that 0, RR
Creature isn't X (R)
Haste
Whenever Aperture new distributions effects a Scientist Human may targets, and choose X in mana roll spell spell's

IIW: Barnyard tribal
it transforms You two, your paying it. a deck? a in critical like also and by value like at X spending I Very to fireball damage lose six the in imagine fun.
I price. an you 1 spells aggro all never Half-Life. strikes cheap reference that This sometimes deals Can treats: hits cheap if

spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
end it's it of addition creature Crab types base carcinization random. as its player's beginning get the and +1/+0 on a controls.
3/3 of Shaman
At has put in as Herald Crab a carcinization its on player non-Crab — that long chooses control the to creature. each power 3/3.
Crabs they They at For counter that toughness controller other a other 2RU
Creature counter it, each a Crabtide
for and has Crab step,

IIW: other surreal and splorts Blaseball
not just much a This don't enjoy of is chaos, sort I randomness creatures and act and will big creatures a small Pongify, big slow making The as card not-so-small. bad makes make a absence the this play. card boost the evasion body attack to they and in of give, would I it never comparison The

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
entry, though I may change this. ;)

a it's — card Chaos Avatar of blocking creature, it then shuffles reveals Chaos blocked they library, onto permanent of Avatar put creature, Avatar battlefield. a If a the library. card, the enters owner that by becomes If it's RRR
Creature Avatar Chaos.
4/4 top into of it creature their {M}
Haste
Whenever their it of the of

IIW: bit be this with Slush updating a Art IIW arts) Challenge in (I'll
like made that cared don't to multiple shuffling block (that's it's lot challenge). in submits I your if it's Megiddo some I entry I why a illegal. and my to previous cards of add creatures that words

Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
3 your any damage It 2GRU
I've it, untap put my Cascade.
• on Return graveyard your step.
• Pulse 4 to each library reveal Search target damage its given to Tap a deals at your don't URG
Sorcery (R)
Choose card, Pulse understand a card powers. control target for Wild-Magic Shuffle your
• Pulse Draw Wild-Magic deals target.
• random two land library.
• to and into —

• to creature. play. it hand. creature.
• untap trying from up
Wild-Magic card.
Flashback

IIW: haven't mechanics Combine that been two combined before
this think don't I works. cast you targets as You choose to it. need what do you choose? you you don't mode choose know How if targets will And to it was would the rules, be confusing too it by allowed even with if it. play

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
"plagiarism"
2/2 it.
"Goblin may player's to Ravnican as of of card of long card exiled may they though another exile were phrase instead. player 2RR
Creature their spend mana the top a meaning it's a mana play color (M)
If Breaker as would choice card, They play and - it draw that Advisor as any library research"
- Goblin
Information

IIW: in Realms Forgotten the Adventures
see hate They this. to kind cards the kind these of enjoy of this and thoroughly to incarnates want I see I chaos the consequent disrupts that My is all it a low really only very worry at draws cost. choose It too. a own deck probably at let your to player's have from random, cards should some it library

vishamon wrote:
3 years ago
and up 1rr
Enchantment brawl, a its the (R)
Whenever enters know a swinging. deals to to Tumult equal start show random.
--
In at chosen power battlefield, target it another damage creature latecomers to just goblin

IIW: Mechanics Graveyard
you like players! that included I Scab-Clan this already thought Giant. I something I but existed only found like that fight, with dig I it.

KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
the the hand chosen this damage step.
  • X red token.
  • Foolish must random. lands than the 3/2 next beginning targets.
  • Discard return of end to a one it, you than fail number card. a when the owner's cost control. creature exile beginning step.
    Choose cast you two of X of its be to to next 0 pay at you the it, Bargain end at times–
[*]Create spell, then any 1 less Bargain greater If is spell's it Devil X (R)
When and deals cast you random card Draw XR
Sorcery at a at [/b]Foolish this

IIW: Goblin PC
me introduction made smile. That really MUST this. do be way to better There a only way then One of pay make X the to value and X. be choose would you this I effect. Apart like of that,

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
You its Hope value.
4-Counter spell new mana targets equal for Roll This Works!

1ur
Instant choose to Works! a of effect.
1-Discard to gains card, it. twice. spell's to hand.
6-Copy (R)
Choose may that spell's that Hope then spell. other has This it.
3-Hope may deals its control card.
2-A six-sided the owner's This that random spell for that that spell. die. indicated that damage a They spell.
5-Return Works! draw than targets controller target owner choose a new player

IIW: for background ice Create Jace a crotch is leg.
Garruk this the the :o in card with kicking art:
Will his in Kenrith
cards to I be don't to that I Magic admit have prefer use dice that chaotic. would this in This see be to said, action! amusing so first convince doesn't the are doesn't it targeting. since spell you mode me, involve The
tsueRls
Show
Hide
is: Winner
Vishamon, Cythare, HM: NinjaCaterpie. and

Next: in Realms Forgotten the Adventures

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

deep

Megiddo
MEG

didn't think we could get LESS intelligible than the google translate judging ;)
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Protection Fighting Style 1W
Enchantment — Aura (U)
Enchant creature you control
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and is a Soldier in addition to its other types.
While an opponent is choosing targets as part of casting a spell they control or activating an ability they control, that player must choose enchanted creature if able.

Truefaith Paladin 1WW
Creature — Human Warrior (U)
When Truefaith Paladin enters the battlefield or attacks, if you have a full party, venture into the dungeon.
As long as you've completed a dungeon, Truefaith Paladin has double strike and lifelink.
2/2

IIW: Fighting styles
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Owlbear UG
Creature - Bear Bird
Reach, deathtouch
Owlbear enters the battlefield tapped with a loot counter on it.
Owlbear doesn't untap during your untap step as long as it has a loot counter on it.
q, Remove a loot counter from Owlbear: Create a Treasure token.
2/2

IIW: A character from a book you like
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

As you may be able to tell from the jumbled mess of words, the next challenge is Adventures in the Forgotten Realms; ie. what you might see in the next Standard set, set in the D&D world of the Forgotten Realms

Anything remotely D&D aligned (heh) is fair go, even things that aren't part of FR. If you're unsure, maybe you could grab a random evocative spell or monster and try to card it.

If you don't know anything about D&D, say as much and I can go easy on the flavour

Megiddo
MEG

Galder's Tower 4
Legendary Artifact {R}
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Galder's Tower unless you pay 4.
At the beginning of your end step, draw a card.
You have hexproof.

IIW: large animals
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Bahamut, King of Dragons

Legendary Planeswalker - Bahamut (M)
Bahamut, King of Dragons is also platinum.
When Bahamut enters the battlefield, if you cast him, create seven 7/7 gold Dragon creature tokens with flying and defender.
+2: You draw two cards and gain 2 life.
-6: Exile target nonland permanent an opponent controls and all other nonland permanents that player controls with the same name as that permanent
-12: Gain control of all Dragons, then untap all Dragons. Search you library and graveyard for any number of Dragon creature cards and each other player's graveyard for any number of multicolored Dragon creature cards and put them onto the battlefield under you control. If you search your library this way, shuffle. Dragons you control gain haste until end of turn.
<8>
"You're are defeated; your dream that evil shall prevail is nothing but a fantasy, and it will be your final fantasy."

IIW: Drakes
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Keonid, Netherese Arcanist UU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When Keonid, Netherese Arcanis enters the battlefield, tap target creature.
2/2
--
Geas XUU
Sorcery - Adventure
Gain control of target creature with mana value X or less. If was spent to cast Geas, untap that creature. It gains haste until end of turn.

IIW: Graveyard Mechanics
Last edited by vishamon 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Meteor Swarm
Instant (R)
Meteor Swarm deals 4 damage to each creature without haste.

IIW: Wordy cards
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”