Post by stille_nacht » 3 years ago

Ahhh added.

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 3 years ago

Ashiok's Beguilement 2UB
Legendary Enchantment - Aura Curse (M)
Enchant player
You control enchanted player during each of your turns, except that player still chooses which creatures they control block and how those creatures block.
4UUBB, Sacrifice a Curse: You control enchanted player during their next turn.
"Ah, so fitful. Your dreams don't seem to warrant that...yet."

IIW: <planeswalkers name here>'s something-or-other

lookingupanddown
Pronoun: he / him

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Garruk's Prey 3BBGG
Legendary Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant player
At the beginning of enchanted player's upkeep, each other player creates two 2/2 black and green Wolf creature tokens.
Whenever a creature attacks enchanted player or a planeswalker they control, it gets +2/+2 and gains deathtouch, trample and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a planeswalker, destroy that planeswalker" until end of turn.
"I've always been a hunter, but what that curse turned me into was something different altogether."
—Garruk

IIW: artifacts made of lodestone
Last edited by lookingupanddown 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Judging... ehh, tomorrow, I suppose?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

I'm going to post a design that does not function as intended, just for fun. You can pretend, but it shouldn't win.

Kaervek's Third Unique Card 1BBR
Legendary Creature - Human Warlock {M}
Ward 2
When Kaervek's Third Unique Card enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each other creature. Each creature dealt damage this way deals 1 damage to its controller.
3/3

//MDFC//

Kaervek's Curse 5BR
Legendary Enchantment - Aura Curse {M}
Enchant player
If another source would deal damage to enchanted player, prevent that damage. If damage is prevented this way, Kaervek's Curse deals that much damage to enchanted player.

IIW: [this space intentionally left blank]
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Vishamon - Props for actually trying to give this card a proper name, although "Hedron Binding" is also more of just a descriptor - it's not a personal name like Meishin. Mechanically, obviously the triggered ability is (at least potentially) devastating, but the cost reduction seems relatively limited in scope given the smallish number of colorless spells that can actually target opponents/opposing permanents. (Also, the binding of the Eldrazi seems less like a curse and more like "just business" - now what Ugin did to his brother Bolas is more of a curse.)

Megiddo - Neat! Referencing a specific legend is, clearly, a good way to make the flavor seem legendary, and the effect is suitable powerful and brutal. This is actually a piece of mass removal that Jxnny could get behind given how many shenanigans there are wrapped up in the damage stuff.

stille_nacht - Flavor's pretty impeccable but ultimately, mechanically, this is a lot like Dismiss into Dream.

Ink-Treader - Good Lord the main part of this card is FAR too strong. For four mana you can randomly kill anyone who happens to have a life pay outlet on the board when this resolves, you get to use their removal instants on their own creatures - it's absurdly potent stuff. I like the "Curse tribal" payoff and all and the flavor text is extremely well-written, but I'd have to say this card is out and out broken.

lookingupanddown - This is a big mashup of a lot of other things but I enjoy the final product and I think this is a card that would play well, fun, and game-endingly. I like the flavor and once again, good flavor text writing. Not the most elegant card but a great total package.

Megiddo - I'm pretty sure BR ward costs are meant to be nonmana, like life or sacrificing or discarding, that sort of thing? Anyway, not all that sure what you meant to be going for with the Curse half, so.

HM - basically everyone
Winner - @lookingupanddown
Next - Artifacts made out of lodestone
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Post by vishamon » 3 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
the cost reduction seems relatively limited in scope given the smallish number of colorless spells that can actually target opponents/opposing permanents.
Yeah, maybe I should have gone with "activated abilities of colorless permanents that target..."

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 3 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Ink-Treader - Good Lord the main part of this card is FAR too strong. For four mana you can randomly kill anyone who happens to have a life pay outlet on the board when this resolves, you get to use their removal instants on their own creatures - it's absurdly potent stuff.
Yeah, I definitely didn't put enough thought in trying not to be Sen Triplets, definitely overlooked a lot.

Megiddo
MEG

@void_nothing: the second card is intentionally kind of dumb, but to answer your two points: 1) Kaervek's Torch, 2) commander damage is only combat damage.

on to this round...

Lodestone Axe 3
Artifact {U}
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 for each artifact you control.
Whenever an artifact creature you control attacks alone, attach Lodestone Axe to that creature.
Equip 2

IIW: One with dragons
MEG

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

Lodestone Redoubt.png
IIW: a card or cycle that showcases your favorite non-evergreen keyword.

stille_nacht

Post by stille_nacht » 3 years ago

@void_nothing I didn't know that was a caaaaard. D:

Lodestone Gate 4
Artifact Creature (U)
Defender

Lodestone Gate doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
As long as Lodestone Gate is untapped, all artifact creatures or equipped creatures must exert in order to attack.
As long as Lodestone Gate is tapped, all artifact creatures or equipped creatures gain haste.

3 Tap or untap Lodestone Gate.

0/4

IIW Fantasy Post Apocalypse
Last edited by stille_nacht 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

lookingupanddown

I'll give this another 12 hours or 2 more entries, whichever comes first.

lookingupanddown

This is what you get for using magnetite as building material
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Lodestone Axe 3
Artifact {U}
Equipped creature gets +1/+0 for each artifact you control.
Whenever an artifact creature you control attacks alone, attach Lodestone Axe to that creature.
Equip 2
Interesting Cranial Plating variant. Slightly weaker, but in a deck covered in Eggs and the occasional Myr Retriever, it's a decent plan B to victory.
vishamon wrote:
3 years ago
The triumphant return of fortify could pump artifact decks from Limited to Vintage. The biggest sticking point is the fortify cost being balanced to prevent Shops decks from breaking it too easily. Otherwise, it's a last-resort egg.
stille_nacht wrote:
3 years ago
Lodestone Gate 4
Artifact Creature (U)
Defender

Lodestone Gate doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
As long as Lodestone Gate is untapped, all artifact creatures or equipped creatures must exert in order to attack.
As long as Lodestone Gate is tapped, all artifact creatures or equipped creatures gain haste.

3 Tap or untap Lodestone Gate.

0/4
I like the symmetry presented by the artifact boost and hate on the same card. While it feels a bit overcosted in the P/T department, it's an interesting effect nonetheless.
Good luck getting rid of all those iron filings
Show
Hide
HM: Megiddo and stille_nacht
Winner: @vishamon

Next: a card or cycle that showcases your favorite non-evergreen keyword.

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

Overgrown Genesis Engine 2g
Artifact (R)
Graft 3 (This artifact enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this artifact onto it.)
t: Create a 2/2 green Ooze creature token. Activate this ability only if Overgrown Genesis Engine has no +1/+1 counters on it.

IIW: Card name has your favorite word in it.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Mausoleum Drakes
4bb
Creature - Drake (M)
Flying
Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature.)
When Mausoleum Drakes enters the battlefield or the creature it haunts dies, create two 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying.
When Mausoleum Drakes dies, at the beginning of the next end step return all creature cards you own in exile haunting Mausoleum Drakes to the battlefield.
3/4

IIW: Fungus
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG

Squallpox 2BBB
Sorcery {M}
Target player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a creature, then sacrifices a noncreature permanent.
Storm

IIW: "[CARDNAME 1] had become sort of a "black hole"—invisible, yet its tug so strong as to drag everything around it into a swirling vortex, at the center of which sits [CARDNAME 2]." (make either or both CARDNAME 1 / 2)
MEG

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

The Build-A-Bear Monstrosity
Legendary Creature - Bear Mutant Horror (M)
When the Build-A-Bear Monstrosity enters the battlefield, you may cast any number of creature cards from your hand without paying their mana costs as mutating creature spells that target The Build-A-Bear Monstrosity if able.
1/1

IIW: Spells with no mana cost
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Rhet-Crop Screamer GW
Creature — Human Flagbearer (U)
You may exert Rhet-Crop Screamer as it attacks.
While an opponent is choosing targets as part of casting a spell they control or activating an ability they control, that player must choose at least one exerted creature if able.
3/3

IIW: What's Hazoret been up to on Amonkhet?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

I plan to judge tonight after I get home from coaching (should be by 9pm EDT). Get your entries in before then!

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Wartime Propagandist 2W
Creature — Human Advisor (U)
Ward
Whenever Wartime Propagandist blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, goad that creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
----
"We aren't your true enemies! Hear of the true source of your woes!"
1/4

IIW: Blaseball and other surreal splorts and splortmanship

vishamon
Custom Card Connoisseur

judgement
Show
Hide
TacticalCelebrant wrote:
3 years ago
Overgrown Genesis Engine 2g
Artifact (R)
Graft 3 (This artifact enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it. Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, you may move a +1/+1 counter from this artifact onto it.)
t: Create a 2/2 green Ooze creature token. Activate this ability only if Overgrown Genesis Engine has no +1/+1 counters on it.

IIW: Card name has your favorite word in it.
This is an interesting design - token engine that requires you to create three creatures before you can activate it. I guess the flavor is that you're pulling away whatever the "overgrowth" is in order to be able to activate the artifact? Hard to evaluate the power level as there isn't really much to compare it to - I think it could find a home in a very specific constructed environment, but it would have to be in a set that supports it.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Mausoleum Drakes
4bb
Creature - Drake (M)
Flying
Haunt (When this creature dies, exile it haunting target creature.)
When Mausoleum Drakes enters the battlefield or the creature it haunts dies, create two 1/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying.
When Mausoleum Drakes dies, at the beginning of the next end step return all creature cards you own in exile haunting Mausoleum Drakes to the battlefield.
3/4

IIW: Fungus
Not sure I understand why this is a Drake, I like this idea though - in a set that features haunt, this could be a really fun build around card especially in limited.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Squallpox 2BBB
Sorcery {M}
Target player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a creature, then sacrifices a noncreature permanent.
Storm

IIW: "[CARDNAME 1] had become sort of a "black hole"—invisible, yet its tug so strong as to drag everything around it into a swirling vortex, at the center of which sits [CARDNAME 2]." (make either or both CARDNAME 1 / 2)
This is pretty brutal. Cast a dark ritual and some Manamorphose, wipe your opponent's board and hand. Doesn't really seem viable as a win-con, but the board advantage it gets you seems worth it.
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
The Build-A-Bear Monstrosity
Legendary Creature - Bear Mutant Horror (M)
When the Build-A-Bear Monstrosity enters the battlefield, you may cast any number of creature cards from your hand without paying their mana costs as mutating creature spells that target The Build-A-Bear Monstrosity if able.
1/1

IIW: Spells with no mana cost
:trollo:
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Rhet-Crop Screamer GW
Creature — Human Flagbearer (U)
You may exert Rhet-Crop Screamer as it attacks.
While an opponent is choosing targets as part of casting a spell they control or activating an ability they control, that player must choose at least one exerted creature if able.
3/3

IIW: What's Hazoret been up to on Amonkhet?
No surprise - Cythare's favorite keyword is exert. This is fun - blank some of their pump spells and abilities by exerting your dudes, protect your fatty from removal by exerting your dudes... 3/3 for 2 is pretty aggressively costed for this ability, maybe too aggressively costed.
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Wartime Propagandist 2W
Creature — Human Advisor (U)
Ward
Whenever Wartime Propagandist blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, goad that creature. (Until your next turn, that creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
----
"We aren't your true enemies! Hear of the true source of your woes!"
1/4

IIW: Blaseball and other surreal splorts and splortmanship
Fun multiplayer card, flavor makes sense in a multiplayer set. Not sure if blocks or becomes blocked is a strong enough trigger for this ability on a 1/4 body for 3.
winner&next
Show
Hide
HM: Cythare and TacticalCelebrant

Winner: Meg

Next: "[CARDNAME 1] had become sort of a "black hole"—invisible, yet its tug so strong as to drag everything around it into a swirling vortex, at the center of which sits [CARDNAME 2]." (make either or both CARDNAME 1 / 2)

Megiddo
MEG

I've been advised to provide an alternate IIW for this one... though if you know what I'm getting at above, please go for it.

Alt challenge: New cards for old Magic characters. Bonus if they've never had a card before.
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Bloodgift Cultist
Creature - Human Cleric
If an opponent would draw a card during an upkeep step, that player loses 2 life.
2, Sacrifice Bloodgift Cultist: Search your library and/or graveyard for a card named Bloodgift Demon, reveal it and put it into your hand. If you searched your library this way, shuffle.
1/1

Ailheen, Inquisitor of Llanowar WG
Legendary Creature - Elf Advisor
At the end of each turn, if you gained life, create a 1/1 Green Elf warrior creature token.
Tap three untapped nonblack creatures you control: Exile target black creature.
"Cast out the abominable heathens, crush the darkness of their being."
2/2

IIW: Cards that would fit in Time Spiral Block

I did both just for you @Megiddo 😘
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 3 years ago

Gull, the Liberator
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (R)
Creatures your opponents control attack each turn if able.
At the end of combat, choose an opponent. If that player attacked with one or more creatures this turn, and did not attack you or a planeswalker you control, you may have Gull, the Liberator fight target creature that player controls.
3/3

Archdruid Greensleeves
Legendary Creature - Human Druid (M)
Whenever another creature you control dies, put a number of +1/+1 counters on Archdruid Greensleeves equal to that creature's power.
, : Choose target creature you control. When that creature dies this turn, return a creature card with power less than or equal to Archdruid Greensleeves' power from your graveyard to the battlefield.
1/1

iiw: water themed spells

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”