NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

KoolKoal
For Posterity
Pronoun: he / him

Post by KoolKoal » 3 years ago

Oh, so now its basically a yugioh challenge.

Jewelry Merchant
Creature - Human Advisor (U)
When Jewelry Merchant enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named Black Lotus, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put it into your hand.
1/1

IIW: Wild Magic

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Undercity Servant 2B
Creature - Zombie Advisor (U)
Sacrifice another creature: Target player mills a card.
Creatures you control named Persistent Petitioners have persist. (When a creature with persist dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)
Unshackled from life, still a slave to the law.
2/3

IIW: Boast cards with boasting flavour text.
"Image"

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago

Jewelry Merchant
When Jewelry Merchant enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named Black Lotus, reveal it, then shuffle your library and put it into your hand.
1/1

Hey, I will have you know that there are 102 cards that care about cards or permanents with specific names, and only 37 of those are intro pack cards that care about specific planeswalkers (although a lot of the rest of them care about more copies of themselves).
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

So close... :party:

(Btw, the theme was the Homelands, all cards are characters mentioned in flavor text in the set.)

Hero's Sword 2W
Artifact - Equipment (U)
When Hero's Sword enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a creature called Benalish Hero or Devoted Hero and put it onto the battlefield. If you do, shuffle your library, then attach Hero's Sword to the creature.
Equipped creature gets +2/+1
Equip Soldier W
Equip 3

Dwarven Forgemaster WR
Creature - Dwarf Artificer (R)
2, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for a card named Colossus Hammer, Darksteel Axe, Hammer of Ruin, or Warlord's Axe, and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
2/2

IIW: Characters mentioned or accredited in flavor text that doesn't have a card yet.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Shadowborn Deacon 1B
Creature- Human Cleric (U)
T, Sacrifice a creature: Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was named Shadowborn Apostle, you may draw a card.
2/1

IIW: Stuff that's good against planeswalkers

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Forge of the Ring 1
Legendary Artifact
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't control a card named Sol Ring, you lose 1 life.
When Forge of Mana enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named Sol Ring and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library,

IIW: Oozes
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Albrex Quick-Hands 1UBG
Legendary Planeswalker - Albrex (M)
-1 If you have a card named Explore in your graveyard, you may play an additional land this turn.
-1 If the next spell you cast named Brainstorm would cause you to draw cards this turn, you draw that many cards plus one.
-2 Return target creature named Kira, Great Glass Spinner from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: Rituals

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Jace, Master of Illusions 4UU
Legendary Planeswalker — Jace {M}
[+1]: Create a 2/2 blue Bear Illusion token named Phantasmal Bear with "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
[-2]: Create a token that's a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it's an Illusion in addition to its other types and it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
[-4]: Create a 5/5 blue Dragon Illusion token named Phantasmal Dragon with flying and "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
{4}

IIW: rebirth, forged from the fire. a new day, uncertain ending.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
the alternate version of this costs 2UU and has -1 instead of +1 for Phantasmal Bear. Decided I preferred the above but I think there are significant aesthetic considerations for this:
Jace, Master of Illusions 2UU
[-1]: Create a 2/2 blue Bear Illusion token named Phantasmal Bear with "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
[-2]: Create a token that's a copy of any creature on the battlefield, except it's an Illusion in addition to its other types and it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
[-4]: Create a 5/5 blue Dragon Illusion token named Phantasmal Dragon with flying and "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
{4}
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Ok, let's keep this chugging along. I can't complain about the speed of others' judging if I'm not prompt myself!
commentary
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
The Second Sliver WUBRG
Legendary Creature — Sliver {M}
When The Second Sliver enters the battlefield, if you control a spell named The First Sliver, you win the game.
Each Sliver permanent you control has converted mana cost one less than its normal value. The same is true for each Sliver spell you control and each Sliver card you own that isn't on the battlefield. This effect doesn't apply to permanents, spells, or cards named The First Sliver, and it can't reduce a converted mana cost to less than 0.
7/7

IIW: blizzard conditions
God, slivers. The trigger is interesting for Sliver decks. The second ability seems like a kludge to get The First Sliver to work better than it already does, and I'm not sure it's worth a separate legendary creature, but it's on-theme.
KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago

Jewelry Merchant
1/1

lol

On a more serious note, Black Lotus is not jewelry, but the Moxen are, so I'm somewhat disappointed you didn't just name the five original Moxen.
Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Undercity Servant 2B
Creature - Zombie Advisor (U)
Sacrifice another creature: Target player mills a card.
Creatures you control named Persistent Petitioners have persist. (When a creature with persist dies, if it had no -1/-1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control with a -1/-1 counter on it.)
Unshackled from life, still a slave to the law.
2/3

IIW: Boast cards with boasting flavour text.
Neat. I wish it had a somewhat catchier name, but it's extremely thematic, and that IIW is top-notch and definitely doesn't factor at all into how I am assessing your entry.
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
So close... :party:

(Btw, the theme was the Homelands, all cards are characters mentioned in flavor text in the set.)

Hero's Sword 2W
Artifact - Equipment (U)
When Hero's Sword enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a creature called Benalish Hero or Devoted Hero and put it onto the battlefield. If you do, shuffle your library, then attach Hero's Sword to the creature.
Equipped creature gets +2/+1
Equip Soldier W
Equip 3

Dwarven Forgemaster WR
Creature - Dwarf Artificer (R)
2, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for a card named Colossus Hammer, Darksteel Axe, Hammer of Ruin, or Warlord's Axe, and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
2/2

IIW: Characters mentioned or accredited in flavor text that doesn't have a card yet.
I'm somewhat skeptical of tutoring specifically for a creature with banding, but your two choices of tutored creatures are reasonable at the rate you're paying, so kudos to that. The Dwarven Forgemaster choices are a bit all over the place regarding their original planes, but there's no reason most of those couldn't make it into a Kaldheim-type set (or whatever dwarf forging scenario you have) except Darksteel Axe which I will nitpick about. I like that you chose four uncommons, though, which makes it reasonably viable in a draft context containing all four equipments.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Shadowborn Deacon 1B
Creature- Human Cleric (U)
T, Sacrifice a creature: Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. If the sacrificed creature was named Shadowborn Apostle, you may draw a card.
2/1

IIW: Stuff that's good against planeswalkers
This is a cool ability, and a neat payoff for Shadowborn Apostles that isn't just demon tutor tribal. I wish it was a 1/2 instead of a 2/1, because that feels more "cleric" to me, but that's a relatively minor nitpick.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Forge of the Ring 1
Legendary Artifact
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you don't control a card named Sol Ring, you lose 1 life.
When Forge of Mana enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named Sol Ring and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library,

IIW: Oozes
I am very much not a fan of doubling people's access to Sol Ring. I think that this should damage you whether or not you have the ring, but I'm not 100% sure. Sol Ring is already strong enough.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Albrex Quick-Hands 1UBG
Legendary Planeswalker - Albrex (M)
-1 If you have a card named Explore in your graveyard, you may play an additional land this turn.
-1 If the next spell you cast named Brainstorm would cause you to draw cards this turn, you draw that many cards plus one.
-2 Return target creature named Kira, Great Glass Spinner from your graveyard to your hand.

IIW: Rituals
Really going all in on this challenge, eh? I'm skeptical of a mythic that requires another rare for full value (unless you're envisioning this as a preconstructed deck mythic), but bonus points for leaning so aggressively into the challenge.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Jace, Master of Illusions 4UU
[+1]: Create a 2/2 blue Bear Illusion token named Phantasmal Bear with "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
{4}

IIW: rebirth, forged from the fire. a new day, uncertain ending.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
the alternate version of this costs 2UU and has -1 instead of +1 for Phantasmal Bear. Decided I preferred the above but I think there are significant aesthetic considerations for this:
Jace, Master of Illusions 2UU
[-1]: Create a 2/2 blue Bear Illusion token named Phantasmal Bear with "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
{4}[/mana]
I do aesthetically prefer the all minus version at the lower cost, but the 6-mana version is definitely the better design of the card. This technically doesn't meet the challenge, because it just names tokens after existing cards instead of referencing other cards, but the design is still great.
victory
Show
Hide
HMs: Krishnath for Hero's Sword; Megiddo for Jace, Master of Illusions
Winner: Stapler
Next: Boast cards with boasting flavor text
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

$100 Dollar Elemental $100
Legendary Creature - Money Elemental (MR)
As $100 Dollar Elemental enters the battlefield, put $100 dollars on it.
$100 Dollar Elemental has power and toughness equal to the amount of money you put on it.
Creditcheck (Combat damage dealt by this to a player also cause you to pay that player that much money.)
Money.
$/$

IIW: 3+ color Uncommanders

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

(For the second card, I was literally just looking for existing axes and hammers. Lol.)

Anyway.

Tiani, the Dragontamer 3RR
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman (R)
3/2
Boast — 1R: Create a 5/5 red Dragon creature with flying that is tapped and attacking. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once this turn.)
"So i said to the old wyrm, I bet you my life that by the end of today you will come to my aid when I ask, and you will do so gladly. And, well, I'm still here aren't I?" — Tiani, the Dragontamer.

IIW: Heroes and villains.
Last edited by Krishnath 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mergatroid_Jones

@Krishnath your IIW is missing.

Gelfrid the Wee G
Legendary Creature- Human Warrior (U)
Boast-- G: Gelfrid gets +2/+2 and trample until end of turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn, and only once each turn.)
"At three years, I wrestled Galny, the wolf. At five I killed my father's slayer. Now I'm seven, and who will challenge me?!"
0/1

IIW: a different card for one of the following card arts
SPOILER
Show
Hide
ImageImageImage

Megiddo
MEG

Ornery Stewslinger 2R
Creature — Human Warrior {U}
Boast — 2: Ornery Stewslinger can't be blocked this turn and it gains "whenever Ornery Stewslinger is dealt damage, destroy it" until end of turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"Taste it!"
3/3

IIW: "lost in the woods"; an undesirable spot. ERoding hope
MEG

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Thanks, I knew I forgot something.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Spark-Pogger
Creature - Human Shaman (R)
Boast - Exile the top ten cards of your library: Spark-Pogger deals 2 damage to any target. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
A droning sound and the smell of entitlement follow the pogger as surely as his inability to comprehend other people's opinions.
3/4

IIW: Megaforetell
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Serpent-School Salutatorian 1B
Creature — Human Wizard (U)
Menace
Boast — 1B: You draw a card and you lose 1 life. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"Tired? I once stayed up for three days straight studying for my herbology final and still aced the exam!"
2/1

IIW: Muscle nerds
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

Midnight Trickster 2U
Creature — Human Rogue (R)
Flying
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. When you do, discard a card.
Boast — 1U: End the turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"What was your name again?"
2/1

IIW: You're unconscious on the ground, you must have been drinking all night.

KoolKoal
For Posterity

Post by KoolKoal » 3 years ago

Loyal Shieldbearer
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Boast — : Another target creature gains indestructible until end of turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"I'm the man you want by your side in a charge. My liege has never even been scratched!
3/4

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Dauntless Explorer -- 1UU
Creature - Human Pirate
Boast - U: Choose one -- Create a Clue token; create a Food token, or create a Treasure token. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"I've swam in every ocean, sailed every sea! I've courted queens from further horizons than you've even seen!"
2/2
IIW: Beach life

Megiddo
MEG

Reckless Artilleryman 1RR
Creature — Dwarf Berserker {U}
Boast — 1R: Reckless Artilleryman deals 2 damage to any target and 2 damage to itself. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"Nobody can take down one of my soldiers in battle. Except me!"
2/3

Daring Commander 2B
Creature — Human Berserker {U}
Boast — 1U: Target opponent discards a card and you draw a card. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"You've been reading runes, huh? That's cool, read this!"
3/2

IIW: turmoil. time running out. the last square peg for a very round hole.
MEG

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

i am the best judge in the universe
Show
Hide
Pygyzy wrote:
3 years ago
$100 Dollar Elemental $100
Legendary Creature - Money Elemental (MR)
As $100 Dollar Elemental enters the battlefield, put $100 dollars on it.
$100 Dollar Elemental has power and toughness equal to the amount of money you put on it.
Creditcheck (Combat damage dealt by this to a player also cause you to pay that player that much money.)
Money.
$/$

IIW: 3+ color Uncommanders
dolla dolla bills yall
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
(For the second card, I was literally just looking for existing axes and hammers. Lol.)

Anyway.

Tiani, the Dragontamer 3RR
Legendary Creature - Human Shaman (R)
3/2
Boast — 1R: Create a 5/5 red Dragon creature with flying that is tapped and attacking. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once this turn.)
"So i said to the old wyrm, I bet you my life that by the end of today you will come to my aid when I ask, and you will do so gladly. And, well, I'm still here aren't I?" — Tiani, the Dragontamer.

IIW: Heroes and villains.
The idea of this card is spot on - a small, nonevasive, understatted creature that offers a nice reward for attacking once and gets real good if it survives the first and can attack again, and with decent flavour to boot - but the execution is spotty. The activation cost is missing a mana symbol or two, as it's way too cheap to activate alongside a removal spell to protect your guy. It's weird that you can activate this card on your main phase or end step, and you can also activate it after blockers are declared to make the dragon unblockable. It's also missing the word "token". Additionally, there's already a card with Boast that's fairly similar to this, though it's a leaked card so you might not have seen it. The boastful flavour text is pretty good, though I feel the last line could use a bit of punching up, as it's a little flat as is (the first line could stand on its own honestly).
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago

Gelfrid the Wee G
Legendary Creature- Human Warrior (U)
Boast-- G: Gelfrid gets +2/+2 and trample until end of turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn, and only once each turn.)
"At three years, I wrestled Galny, the wolf. At five I killed my father's slayer. Now I'm seven, and who will challenge me?!"
0/1

IIW: a different card for one of the following card arts
SPOILER
Show
Hide
ImageImageImage
The flavour of this card is really cute, and the boastful flavour text is good, but this is a little vanilla for a legendary creature, and for an uncommon, it isn't that much stronger than cards like Steppe Lynx or Akoum Hellhound. I also don't like that you really have no reason to attack with this unless you plan on Boasting. All the other Boast cards we've seen are still functional, combat-relevant creatures even if you don't have the mana for their Boast, but attacking with this without the intent or ability to Boast with it is pretty pointless.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Ornery Stewslinger 2R
Creature — Human Warrior {U}
Boast — 2: Ornery Stewslinger can't be blocked this turn and it gains "whenever Ornery Stewslinger is dealt damage, destroy it" until end of turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"Taste it!"
3/3

IIW: "lost in the woods"; an undesirable spot. ERoding hope
There's really no reason this needs to be a Boast ability, right? You're never going to activate it unless you're attacking with it, and you're always activating it before blocks - it may as well be an attack trigger. The flavour text isn't really a boast, either. It's basically just like saying "in your face!". Boasting is all about pride and showing off your accomplishments. If there isn't some variant of the word "I" in the flavour text, it's probably not a boast.
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Spark-Pogger
Creature - Human Shaman (R)
Boast - Exile the top ten cards of your library: Spark-Pogger deals 2 damage to any target. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
A droning sound and the smell of entitlement follow the pogger as surely as his inability to comprehend other people's opinions.
3/4

IIW: Megaforetell
PogChampion an Arc-Slogger (When this enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you exile another Arc-Slogger you control. When this leaves the battlefield, replace it with another random Arc-Slogger.)
[the flavour text here also isn't a boast but you probably knew that]
Cythare wrote:
3 years ago
Serpent-School Salutatorian 1B
Creature — Human Wizard (U)
Menace
Boast — 1B: You draw a card and you lose 1 life. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"Tired? I once stayed up for three days straight studying for my herbology final and still aced the exam!"
2/1

IIW: Muscle nerds
Even if this card is fairly costed - which it might not be - the combination of a cheap evasive creature with a card-draw mechanism is nothing all that new or exciting (Glint-Sleeve Siphoner) and I don't think this implementation is breaking new ground. I really like the Boast creatures that don't have evasion abilities, as protecting them with tricks or removal so they can continue Boasting about their accomplishments is what makes them fun to me. I'm a little torn on the flavour text too - wouldn't it be natural that studying for three days would result in them acing the exam? It would be more impressive and a better boast if they said they didn't study at all. The triviality of their boast in comparison to some of the Kaldheim boasts is really amusing to me though.
3 years ago
Midnight Trickster 2U
Creature — Human Rogue (R)
Flying
When ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card. When you do, discard a card.
Boast — 1U: End the turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"What was your name again?"
2/1

IIW: You're unconscious on the ground, you must have been drinking all night.
I feel like this card is doing a little too much for it's costs (both mana and Boast). It's a 2-power evasive threat that's also a looter that's also a card advantage engine that's also a Sundial of the Infinite build-around enabler that also makes it annoying for your opponent to cast combat tricks and other instants during your turn. I think there's definitely a way to do this card without removing any of those abilities - personally I'd remove flying as the card gets a lot more interesting without it - but if you still want to keep all that utility, I'd bump up the Boast cost by at least 1 as it's a very potent effect to have constant access to, and I'd also probably make it a 1/1. Once again, like with Meg's card, the flavour text isn't a boast, it's more of an insult. Boasts are all about how great the boaster is, not how terrible/bad everyone else is.
KoolKoal wrote:
3 years ago
Loyal Shieldbearer
Creature - Human Soldier (U)
Boast — : Another target creature gains indestructible until end of turn. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"I'm the man you want by your side in a charge. My liege has never even been scratched!
3/4

While this card is very simple, I think it'll play extremely well in limited and the flavour, while basic, is on point with one of the better boastful flavour texts of the entries. Funnily enough, similar to Cythare, you've slightly aped the design of an Energy card (Consul's Shieldguard), but there's enough functional difference in how this plays to get a pass from me.
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 years ago
Dauntless Explorer -- 1UU
Creature - Human Pirate
Boast - U: Choose one -- Create a Clue token; create a Food token, or create a Treasure token. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"I've swam in every ocean, sailed every sea! I've courted queens from further horizons than you've even seen!"
2/2
IIW: Beach life
That's a great boastful flavour text, but it doesn't match the card's effect all that well. I'd expect the ability to have something to do with courting - maybe gaining control of a creature, or tapping it, or similar, rather than just showing off the riches and spoils they took from pirating. I'm a little perturbed by mono-blue lifegain, even if WotC did print Turn into a Pumpkin, and there aren't enough scenarios where I'd choose to make anything other than a Clue for the choice this card is offering to be all that meaningful.
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Reckless Artilleryman 1RR
Creature — Dwarf Berserker {U}
Boast — 1R: Reckless Artilleryman deals 2 damage to any target and 2 damage to itself. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"Nobody can take down one of my soldiers in battle except me!"
2/3

Daring Commander 2B
Creature — Human Berserker {U}
Boast — 1U: Target opponent discards a card and you draw a card. (Activate this ability only if this creature attacked this turn and only once each turn.)
"You've been reading runes, huh? That's cool, read this!"
3/2

IIW: turmoil. time running out. the last square peg for a very round hole.
The first card's flavour text actually made me laugh out loud and is legitimately a great boast, bragging not only of the speaker's strength but of the strength of the soldiers they've trained, so you've easily made the best boastful flavour text of all the entries, and the effect is pretty cool and offers some pretty interesting choices in combat for both players which I like a lot. I do feel like it might be a bit oppressive in limited, though, so I might bump the Boast cost by at least 1 (probably 2) so it's harder to kill all your opponents dorks while also developing. The second card once again has a taunt or insult, not a boast, and I really don't understand why this has an off-colour activation cost instead of just being a multicoloured card. The effect is clearly either Dimir or black, not blue (Mindculling notwithstanding), so it's weird that a black card is using blue mana to do something black could already do. Ignoring that quibble, it's fine but is a little snowbally for my tastes and isn't really doing anything super new.
i skillfully picked a winner with extreme ease
Show
Hide
WINNER: Megiddo for Reckless Artilleryman!
HM: KoolKoal

NEXT CHALLENGE: turmoil. time running out. the last square peg for a very round hole.
"Image"

Mergatroid_Jones

Turmoil 3R
Enchantment (R)
Untapped creatures can't block.
Tapped creatures can block.
Creatures with flying can block only creatures with flying.
Creatures without flying have reach.

Time is Running Out B
Enchantment (R)
Vanishing 4 (This permanent enters the battlefield with four time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.)
When Time is Running Out is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, exile all creatures and planeswalkers.
1B: Remove a counter of your choice from target permanent.

IIW: One word card names

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

10 Spoons W
Enchantment (U)
10 Spoons enters the battlefield with ten spoon counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if there are fewer than ten spoon counters on 10 Spoons, put a spoon counter on 10 Spoons.
Whenever a permanent you control leaves the battlefield or you lose life, remove that many spoon counters from 10 Spoons.
When 10 Spoons has no spoon counters on it, destroy all creatures. Sacrifice 10 Spoons.

IIW: 3+ color uncommanders
Last edited by Pygyzy 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Countdown to Extinction 2BB
Enchantment (R)
When Countdown to Extinction enters the battlefield, chose a creature type.
Countdown to Extinction enters the battlefield with seven doom counters on it.
Whenever a creature of the chosen type leaves the battlefield, remove a doom counter from Countdown to Extinction.
As long as there are no doom counters on Countdown to Extinction, creatures of the chosen type cannot enter the battlefield.
"All are gone, all but one
No contest, nowhere to run
No more left, only one"

Start a Riot 2R
Tribal Enchantment - Rebel (R)
Creatures you control get +2/+0, have haste, and must attack each turn if able.
Creatures your opponents control get +0/+1 and must block each turn if able.
"Tooth and nail we fight,
Fire bomb at my side,
Fight fire with fire,
Swarm like buzzsaws and riot!"

IIW: Music makes us better
Last edited by Krishnath 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

Civil Unrest -- 3RR
Enchantment
Creatures must attack or block each turn.
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, randomly choose one -- Tap all creatures; untap all creatures; each creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn; or each creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn.
IIW: Classic movies

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”