NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Stapler
is a liar
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Pachydermonium 2RGW
Enchantment (R)
Elephant creatures you control have trample, lifelink and haste.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. If you do, that creature becomes an Elephant with base power and toughness 3/3. Sacrifice that creature at the beginning of your next end step.

IIW: Yetis.
"Image"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Sure, I'll swing at that pitch too.

Prophetic Agent 1URR
Creature - Elemental Rogue (R)
Trample, haste
Whenever Prophetic Agent deals combat damage to a player, look at that many cards from the top of your library. Put one of those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Prophetic Agent.
6/1

IIW: Banned MTGS users Magic-ified versions of notorious ancient historical characters
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Wallycaine

Post by Wallycaine » 3 years ago

Sky Lightning 1URR
Creature - Elemental
Flying, Trample, Haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Sky Lightning.
6/1

Figured I'd keep it simple and see if there were any other keywords that could be applied like Spark Trooper. Flying seemed like the only reasonable one, especially if you're not looking to mix Deathtouch and Trample.

IIW: Rabbits

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Or if you're going the keyword route:

Impervious Bolide 1RRG
Creature - Elemental Warrior (R)
This spell can't be countered.
Hexproof, trample, indestructible, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Impervious Bolide.
6/1

IIW: Reflections
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
I don't get this card. Is it supposed to be a riff on Fred Jones, from Scooby Doo? Not exactly a superhero thing, but oh well. And the card itself is odd, and doesn't explain to me why I'd want it.
It was a card inspired by the Host of the Video you linked's scarf/ascot.

Thranian Thunder Hooves 1WRR
Creature - Human Knight (M)
Haste, Flanking, Trample
When Thranian Thunder Hooves attacks, you may put a legendary creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Thranian Thunder Hooves Bands with it until another legendary creature is put into play this way.
3/3

IIW:Sneak Attack Inspired cards
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago
I don't get this card. Is it supposed to be a riff on Fred Jones, from Scooby Doo? Not exactly a superhero thing, but oh well. And the card itself is odd, and doesn't explain to me why I'd want it.
It was a card inspired by the Host of the Video you linked's scarf/ascot.
I feel a little bad now, but the card is still odd. At least the inspiration makes more sense now.

Temporal charger 2RRR
Creature - Elemental (R)
Trample, haste
Sacrifice this creature at the beginning of your end step
Players can't cast spells during combat
When this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may put a permanent card with cmc less than or equal to the damage dealt onto the battlefield.
6/1

Iiw: it's 2 o'clock in the morning

Ulka

You are fine Chetoos. It was an odd card.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Wondering what a non-red non-hasty ball lightning might look like:

Gust of Inspiration 1WU
Creature — Elemental Knight
First strike, trample
Whenever Gust of Inspiration deals combat damage to an opponent, you gain that much life and draw that many cards, then sacrifice Gust of Inspiration.
Eternalize 4WU (4WU, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie Elemental Knight with no mana cost. Eternalize only as a sorcery.)
2/2

(A zombie elemental? It's more likely than you'd think!)

IIW: The forge

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Lightning Cannon 4
Artifact {R}
4, T: You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains trample and haste and has base power and toughness 6/1. Sacrifice the creature at the beginning of the next end step.

IIW: the ocean
MEG

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Wall Lightning 2R
Creature - Wall Elemental (R)
Defender, trample, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Wall Lightning.
20/1

IIW: Make a card based on the following randoms: Atog, Atogatog, Psychatog, or Atog.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Happy Hedron Tavern
Land (R)
: Add
, : Create Treasure artifact token.
, : You may put a creature card with a type you lack in your party from your hand onto the battlefield. (Your party consists of up to one each of Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, and Wizard.)
Where to better start adventure then the most crowded tavern in New Seagate?

IIW: The profession you hate the most as a card in Ravnica.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Judge in around 12 hours.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 3 years ago

Sparkster Cavalry
1wwr
Creature - Elemental Knight (U)
Trample, lifelink, haste
At the beginning of the end step, if Sparkster Cavalry dealt combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice it. If you do, choose one-
-Until your next turn, prevent all combat damage dealt by creatures that player controls.
-You may put a historic permanent card from your hand onto the battlefield.
4/4
Stallions of the elite Sparkster Cavalry are very particular about their riders, choosing only those composed of pure electricity, even if only for a second.

IIW: Blue Fish token
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones

Here's the card that would have instantly won:

More Moorish Cavalry 3WW
Creature- Human Knight (C)
Trample
4/4

We have here our panel of five judges. Each gets up to two votes for a possible out of ten. Our Judges:
Ball Lightning cares only about crushing foes. A total Spike. RR
Spark Trooper judges based on style. An elegant solution to a complex problem.
the animated Thran Temporal Gateway wants to see long term plans come to fruition. Classic Johnny.
The Moorish Cavalry represents the casual crowd. They don't like overly complex cards, and they tend to be Timmies.
the animated Horn of Deafening wants to play fair, and votes for conservatively costed cards.
And it's possible I may award a bonus point.
I'm not gonna tally up the results until the end, so I won't know what the results are.
Randoms
Show
Hide
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 years ago
Blightning Trooper -- 1RRB
Creature - Elemental Soldier
Trample, haste
When Blightning Trooper deals combat damage to a player, that player discards a card.
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Blightning Trooper.
6/1

IIW: Auras for Auras
Lightning Skelemental laughs at your well reasoned balance before being summarily sacrificed. I think your card is probably a bit better balanced, but it is pretty conservative, and it would definitely have been a jank rare even in a world without Skelemental.
Judges:
Stapler wrote:
3 years ago
Pachydermonium 2RGW
Enchantment (R)
Elephant creatures you control have trample, lifelink and haste.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. If you do, that creature becomes an Elephant with base power and toughness 3/3. Sacrifice that creature at the beginning of your next end step.

IIW: Yetis.
Nice. I love that you successfully merged all three. I'll give you a bonus point for that. At 2RGW, this is probably gonna just be jank. If you're dropping Griselbrand, it's doesn't matter that it's a 3/3, or that it will die, but there are much more efficient ways to win with the Griselbrands of the world. Weird card, but cool.
Judges:
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Prophetic Agent 1URR
Creature - Elemental Rogue (R)
Trample, haste
Whenever Prophetic Agent deals combat damage to a player, look at that many cards from the top of your library. Put one of those cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Prophetic Agent.
6/1

IIW: Banned MTGS users Magic-ified versions of notorious ancient historical characters
Yep, this is every bit the blue Spark Trooper. There's really nothing to count off for. But Spark Trooper is only one of the judges.
Judges:
Wallycaine wrote:
3 years ago
Sky Lightning 1URR
Creature - Elemental
Flying, Trample, Haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Sky Lightning.
6/1

IIW: Rabbits
Again, simple and elegant, but this time well overcosted. I think RRU would suffice, and could still be called a take on both Ball Lightning and Spark Trooper.
Judges:
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago

Impervious Bolide 1RRG
Creature - Elemental Warrior (R)
This spell can't be countered.
Hexproof, trample, indestructible, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Impervious Bolide.
6/1

IIW: Reflections
It's amazing, you've managed to make a card for which indestructible does essentially nothing. Not only do you sacrifice it anyway, but hexproof already took care of those pesky targeted removal spells. And mass removal spells are almost always sorcery speed. Take that, Fire Ants! But anyway, this card does REALLY insist on itself. It's unfun and uninteractive, but it's a certain kind of good.
Judges:
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago

Thranian Thunder Hooves 1WRR
Creature - Human Knight (M)
Haste, Flanking, Trample
When Thranian Thunder Hooves attacks, you may put a legendary creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking. Thranian Thunder Hooves Bands with it until another legendary creature is put into play this way.
3/3

IIW:Sneak Attack Inspired cards
Oh wow, you've got it all and flanking to boot. Bands with it until (trigger)? Love it. Definitely getting a bonus point. This is potentially in the danger zone of being too good. Soft casting any legendary creature on attack with haste. Jeepers. The restrictive mana cost does keep it reigned in a bit though.
Judges:
chetoos wrote:
3 years ago

Temporal charger 2RRR
Creature - Elemental (R)
Trample, haste
When this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may put a permanent card with cmc less than or equal to the damage dealt onto the battlefield.
6/1

Iiw: it's 2 o'clock in the morning
Alright, we've got another mash up. This one really blurs the cards together where you can't tell where one begins and another ends. This card is cool, but it's got jank rare written all over it. 5 mana is a lot to pay for a ball lightning effect, and you're not getting a power boost here.
Judges:
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago

Gust of Inspiration 1WU
Creature — Elemental Knight
First strike, trample
Whenever Gust of Inspiration deals combat damage to an opponent, you gain that much life and draw that many cards, then sacrifice Gust of Inspiration.
Eternalize 4WU (4WU, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a 4/4 black Zombie Elemental Knight with no mana cost. Eternalize only as a sorcery.)
2/2

IIW: The forge
I really dig it. It's got a different vibe from the rest of the cards. I always thought eternalize was a really unusual mechanic that had some interesting untapped potential.
Judges:
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Lightning Cannon 4
Artifact {R}
4, T: You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains trample and haste and has base power and toughness 6/1. Sacrifice the creature at the beginning of the next end step.

IIW: the ocean
Blammo. I like this. It's also complete, utter, total, panted pink polka-dots jank.
Judges:
Togs wrote:
3 years ago
Wall Lightning 2R
Creature - Wall Elemental (R)
Defender, trample, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Wall Lightning.
20/1

IIW: Make a card based on the following randoms: Atog, Atogatog, Psychatog, or Atog.
I feel like you're implying that my randoms aren't random. I didn't ask for this wad of Ball Lightnings.

The card has the potential to be kinda cool as a Tidal Wave variant, but it ends up just being a Thud combo card. But I do love the name, and I get that it's a troll entry.
Judges:

Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
3 years ago
Happy Hedron Tavern
Land (R)
: Add
, : Create Treasure artifact token.
, : You may put a creature card with a type you lack in your party from your hand onto the battlefield. (Your party consists of up to one each of Cleric, Rogue, Warrior, and Wizard.)
Where to better start adventure then the most crowded tavern in New Seagate?

IIW: The profession you hate the most as a card in Ravnica.
By Gideon's ghost, I'd love to love this card, but the treasure ability is just too much on an untapped land. I get that you're thinking of it is filtering with upside, but it's a lot more than that. I love the party ability on a land because it's never really overpowered. There aren't all that many overpowered creatures of those types out there. You get extra R points because Ball Lightning likes broken cards.
Judges:
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
3 years ago
Sparkster Cavalry1wwr
Trample, lifelink, haste
At the beginning of the end step, if Sparkster Cavalry dealt combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice it. If you do, choose one-
-Until your next turn, prevent all combat damage dealt by creatures that player controls.
4/4
Stallions of the elite Sparkster Cavalry are very particular about their riders, choosing only those composed of pure electricity, even if only for a second.

IIW: Blue Fish token
Hey!! It's a reference for Horn of Deafening! You get a bonus point just for that. I like that it doesn't sacrifice unless it hit a player. That's the kind of thing I would liked to have seen more here.
Judges:
Tally
Show
Hide

It looks like 6 is really the magic number. We have three final competitors, and the guest judge will analyze them. The guest judge is (random) Kazandu Stomper.

Kazandu Stomper is an all around type. There's a lot of Timmy in its blood, and it likes a bit of fooling around with mechanics. But Stomper has not patience for jank or tom-foolery. Judging out of ten .

Temporal charger 2RRR
Creature - Elemental (R)
Trample, haste
6/1

Guest Judge: Make it an 8/1 and we're talking.

Lightning Cannon 4
Artifact {R}

Guest Judge: Jaaaaannnnk!

Sparkster Cavalry1wwr
Trample, lifelink, haste
4/4

Guest Judge: Seems solid. A bit much for an uncommon, though.
The Beginning of the next End Step
Show
Hide
Sacrifice everything!!

Winner: Sporegorger Dragon
HM: Anyone who got both a R and a . It's hard to please both of those voices.

Next: Blue Fish Token

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Poseidon's Fishing Pole 2GU
Legendary Enchantment Artifact (R)
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, create a 2/2 blue Fish token.
At the beginning of your end step, you may sacrifice any number of Fish you control. If you do, create X treasure tokens, where X is the total power of the Fish sacrificed this way.

IIW: The Forge

Mergatroid_Jones

Spawning Seas U
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant land
Enchanted land becomes an island and loses other types. It has "When this land becomes tapped, target opponent creates a 1/1 blue Fish creature token with islandwalk."

IIW: Something so simple it shoulda been done by now.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 3 years ago

More Moorish Cavalry
Surely you meant to say, "The Mostest Cavalry"?

One Fish, Two Fish -- RUU
Sorcery
Create a 1/1 red Creature - Fish token with haste, and two 1/1 blue Creature - Fish tokens with prowess.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Schooling Brightscale2UU
Creature — Fish {R}
When Schooling Brightscale enters the battlefield, create a 1/3 blue Fish creature token.
Whenever you attack with two or more Fish, you draw a card and Fish you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/3

IIW: lightning
MEG

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Endless Pond
Land (R)
Endless Pond enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add U.
U, T, Sacrifice a Fish: Create an X/X blue Fish creature token, where X is 1 plus the sacrificed creature's power.
There's always a bigger one.

IIW: Benedict Customcards

Sporegorger_Dragon

Well, Mergatroid posted at a rather awkward time for me, as I'm going to be asleep when the 24 hours are up, so I'd say judging around 11 hours from now.

Mergatroid_Jones

Jolly Angler 2U
Creauture- Human (C)
When Jolly Angler enters the battlefield, create 2 0/1 blue Fish creature tokens.
Sacrifice a Fish: Create a colorless artifact Food token.
2/1

Surly Fishmonger 2G
Creature- Human (C)
When Surly Fishmonger enters the battlefield, create 2 colorless artifact Food tokens.
Sacrifice a Food: Create a colorless artifact Gold token.
2/1

IIW: Exert or similar mechanic.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Fisher's Dilemma 2UU
Sorcery
Choose One:
• Create a 4/4 blue fish token.
• Create an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you get an experience counter and then create a 0/1 fish token for experience counter you have."
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" - Lao Tzu

IIW: Proverb Cards

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 3 years ago

Piseize
Sorcery (R)
Target player reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card and creates a number of 0/1 blue Fish creature tokens equal to the discarded card's converted mana cost.

IIW: Game of Thrones x MTG
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 3 years ago

Enchanted Reeler 1
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, put the Xth card from the top of your library into your hand, where X is the damage dealt this way.
Equip 3

IIW: Trees

Sporegorger_Dragon

Let's see what the catch of the day is!
spacemonaut wrote:
3 years ago
Poseidon's Fishing Pole 2GU
Legendary Enchantment Artifact (R)
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, create a 2/2 blue Fish token.
At the beginning of your end step, you may sacrifice any number of Fish you control. If you do, create X treasure tokens, where X is the total power of the Fish sacrificed this way.

IIW: The Forge
Hmm, this seems it could get out of hand very quickly. Overall feels blue-red to me.

Rating: Two neon tetras
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Spawning Seas U
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant land
Enchanted land becomes an island and loses other types. It has "When this land becomes tapped, target opponent creates a 1/1 blue Fish creature token with islandwalk."

IIW: Something so simple it shoulda been done by now.
Sometimes simple is best.

Rating: Four tiger barbs
OneAndOnly wrote:
3 years ago
More Moorish Cavalry
One Fish, Two Fish -- RUU
Sorcery
Create a 1/1 red Creature - Fish token with haste, and two 1/1 blue Creature - Fish tokens with prowess.
Seem alright, power level seem a bit pushed. I always appreciate Dr. Seuss.

Rating: Four flying gurnards
Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
Schooling Brightscale2UU
Creature — Fish {R}
When Schooling Brightscale enters the battlefield, create a 1/3 blue Fish creature token.
Whenever you attack with two or more Fish, you draw a card and Fish you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/3

IIW: lightning
While this captures the flavor of schooling, I feel that without the card draw this feels red-white to me.

Rating: Two orange roughies
Togs wrote:
3 years ago
Endless Pond
Land (R)
Endless Pond enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add U.
U, T, Sacrifice a Fish: Create an X/X blue Fish creature token, where X is 1 plus the sacrificed creature's power.
There's always a bigger one.

IIW: Benedict Customcards
While I love the overall idea, this seems way overpowered, as basically you can keep growing a Fish token turn after turn, and it only speeds up with multiple copies and power-boosting abilities. There's a reason why Ooze Garden is worded the way it is.

Rating: One mangrove Rivulus
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
3 years ago
Jolly Angler 2U
Creauture- Human (C)
When Jolly Angler enters the battlefield, create 2 0/1 blue Fish creature tokens.
Sacrifice a Fish: Create a colorless artifact Food token.
2/1

Surly Fishmonger 2G
Creature- Human (C)
When Surly Fishmonger enters the battlefield, create 2 colorless artifact Food tokens.
Sacrifice a Food: Create a colorless artifact Gold token.
2/1

IIW: Exert or similar mechanic.
I like this. I'm a bit iffy on blue sacrificing creatures for life, but I suppose this would be alright in a Food-heavy set like Eldraine.

Rating: Four veiltail guppies.
Ulka wrote:
3 years ago
Fisher's Dilemma 2UU
Sorcery
Choose One:
• Create a 4/4 blue fish token.
• Create an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you get an experience counter and then create a 0/1 fish token for experience counter you have."
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" - Lao Tzu

IIW: Proverb Cards
This seems way overpowered; you either get a 4/4 for 4, or you get an emblem that exponentially gives you more Fish, plus the thing stacks with multiples.

Rating: One halibut
mellifluoresce wrote:
3 years ago
Piseize
Sorcery (R)
Target player reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card and creates a number of 0/1 blue Fish creature tokens equal to the discarded card's converted mana cost.

IIW: Game of Thrones x MTG
I like this a lot!

Rating: Five mudskippers
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
3 years ago
Enchanted Reeler 1
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage, put the Xth card from the top of your library into your hand, where X is the damage dealt this way.
Equip 3

IIW: Trees
Umm, where's the fish?

Rating: 0

HM:
Mergatroid_Jones (for both)
OneandOnly

Winner:
mellifluoresce

Next Theme:
Game of Thrones x MTG