NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 3 years ago

Rakmanshi Hiizkiel, Dusk Paladin 3BW
Legendary Creature- Zombie Knight (R)
First strike, Protection from Humans
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control fewer creatures than target player, create a number of 2/2 black Zombie tokens equal to the difference.
Sacrifice five zombies: exile target permanent.
5/5

IIW: Something based on one of the following randoms: Reprisal, Elvish Aberration, Helm of Chatzuk, or Ovalchase Daredevil.

Stapler
is a liar
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Stapler » 3 years ago

Cleric of the Scale 3WB
Creature - Human Cleric (R)
Deathtouch, vigilance
When Cleric of the Scale dies, you may exile it and another target creature with power 2 or less from your graveyard in a face-down pile. If you do, shuffle that pile, then manifest those cards. (To manifest a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)
After the dragons once again began to vanish from Tarkir, the Abzan had free reign to practice new, heretical methods of connecting with their ancestors.
2/4

IIW: a REALLY BIG punch
Last edited by Stapler 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"Image"

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Black and white with no lifegain/cost. Not a problem.

Twilight Shade 1
Creature - Shade (U)
First strike, menace
: Twilight Shade gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
1/2

Alternately:

Thrull Pontiff 2WB
Creature - Thrull Cleric (R)
Other Thrull creatures you control get +1/+1.
1WB, T, Sacrifice a creature: Return target Thrull creature from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
2/3

IIW: Heavy Metal.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 3 years ago

Stitched from Eternity 3WB
Creature — Avatar (R)
Stitched from Eternity has all abilities of permanent cards in exile except it has base power and toughness 4/4.
4/4

IIW: A four-mana 2/1
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

Silent Vindicator 2WB
Artifact Creature - Gargoyle {R}
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile target permanent an opponent controls if its controller controls more permanents that share a card type with that permanent than you.
2/4

IIW: a pair of legends with partner
MEG

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

Gloom-Gate's Apostle 1WB
Creature — Bird Cleric (R)
Flying
Noncreature spells cost 1 more to cast.
Creature spells cast from graveyards cost 1 less to cast and activated abilities of creature cards in graveyards cost 1 less to activate
2/2

IIW: A static, a triggered and an activated ability.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Marsh Strider 2WB
Creature - Bird
Flying
When Marsh Strider enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a Plains card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
When Marsh Strider leaves the battlefield, you may search your library for a Swamp card, put it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.
It searches both the open grasslands and the humid bogs for insects to eat.
2/3

IIW: MLD that can only be used to end the game

Mergatroid_Jones

Crematory Monk
Creature- Human Monk(R)
Defender
When a creature card would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, exile it instead.
1/1

IIW: A card that could've been in Amonkhet.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Nephalian Spirit Carver 2WB
Creature — Human Cleric (M)
If you would create one or more tokens, instead create that many 1/1 white Spirit creature tokens with flying and that many 2/2 black Zombie creature tokens.
1/2

IIW: A green mythic with exactly one keyword ability (it can have other abilities)
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Also Lorn did charms for these factions presumably to get me to react
I did those charms because when I saw three-colors-three-mana I immedietly thought of making charms and since Alara and Khans had their already and I am not Ikoria fan, I found another option as low-hanging fruit.
But getting you to react was a nice bonus, I cannot lie.

Undying Historian
Creature - Spirit Cleric Wizard(R)
Flying
If a permament would be exiled, you may have it be shuffled into its owner's library. If you do, each of that player's opponents draw a card.
"History cannot be erased. It will be muddled after ages and retellings, but its lessons will never cease to teach us."
1/2

IIW: The profession you hate the most as card in Ravnica

EDIT: Antropomorphisation
Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

@Flatline you may want to come take care of this before it gets out of hand
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Athreos's Lampad 1BW
Enchantment Creature- Spirit (R)
Constellation-- When Speaker of Athreos or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, you may return target creature card with power less than or equal to the number of enchantments you control from your graveyard to the battlefield under your contol.
2/3

IIW: Best friends!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
@Flatline you may want to come take care of this before it gets out of hand
BEFORE it does?!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Tax Gravedigger
Creature - Human Cleric (M)
Vigilance
When Tax Gravedigger enters the battlefield, exile all cards from opponents' graveyards. For each card exiled this way, its owner may pay . If they don't, create a Treasure token.
For Orzohv, profit is the third sure thing in life.
2/5

IIW: White Foxes or white cats.

Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Hunting Visage
Creature - Horror Reflection (R)
When Hunting Visage enters the battlefield, put dread counter on target creature or planeswalker.
At the beginning of an end step, exile each permament with a dread counter on them and Hunting Visage.
At the beginning of an end step, if Hunting Visage is in your graveyard, return it attached to target creature.
Sacrifice Hunting Visage: Its controler draws a card. Only opponent may activate this ability.
Prolonging your doom draws others into it.
1/2

IIW: Three forms of water

Last edited by Lorn Asbord Schutta 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

Make sure to go vote in the finals of the Battle Factory if you haven't yet!
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Pureheart Perturbator WB
Creature - Spirit Monk (M)
Absorb 2
1WB: Until end of turn, target creature attacks you each combat if able. Pureheart Perturbator can block an additional creature each combat this turn and blocks that creature if able.
At the beginning of each upkeep, creatures you control get +1/+1 and creatures your opponents control get -1/-1 until end of turn for each 1 damage greater than 3 Pureheart Perturbator absorbed last turn.
"When one is ethereal, one can leverage an incoming assault against the enemy's soul."
1/2

IIW: Halves of things
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Togs

Post by Togs » 3 years ago

Skeletal Sentry 2WB
Creature - Skeleton Soldier (U)
When Skeletal Sentry enters the battlefield, exile target creature an opponent controls until Skeletal Sentry leaves the battlefield.
: Tap Skeletal Sentry. It gains indestructible until end of turn.
3/1

IIW: Bees

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 3 years ago

That's a lot of cards! Speed reviews go!
Unreviewed Reviews
Show
Hide
cheetos - Seems like a pretty cool take on Zealous Persecution. I'm curious why you didn't opt for +1/+1 and -1/-1 until end of turn for each time it has mutated? I really wish this had a rarity.

OneAndOnly - Zombies and spirits. Seems good. That's some pretty good power for a what I assume is an uncommon? I really wish this had a rarity. Zombie tokens are typically 2/2, but that's ok.

Cythare - Huh. I just know there's some way some Johnny out there could break this, but it seems ok to me. Retrace on a creature seems fun.

Sporegorger_Dragon - Mortify on a flying body. Seems really good. I'd certainly play it limited.

Ulka - Wow, this is really good. The constant card draw is probably too good, especially at uncommon. Also, it should be "When ~ enters the ...."

Mergatroid_Jones - That's quite the card. This has the potential to pump out a lot of power right away, and that's not even mentioning the activated ability or the fct that its ability could trigger every turn. I feel like this would be pain to play against.

Stapler - This is a fun little card. I like the idea of wondering if you're targeting the correct creature with your removal. Cool stuff.

Krishnath - I'm not so sure how I feel about a monowhite Shade. I do like the idea of a Thrull lord though. I think the activated ability could cost 1 less though. It just seems a little meh for a rare these days. Maybe it's just the existing pool of Thrulls?

Cythare - Yowzers! That's just gotta be broken, right? It's also breaking the exile-as-second-graveyard thing pretty badly.

Meggido - I had to read this like three times, but it seems neat. I don't think this should be able to hit lands though. Seems kinda crazy. I could be wrong.

avatarz - Love me some Birds, although a Spirit would seem like the more obvious choice. Solid card all around.

lookingupanddown - Another Bird. Cool. Seems weird for a creature with flying to have Strider in its name. Also, that's way too powerful a land ramp spell outside of green. I wish this had a rarity.

Mergatroid_Jones - It should be "If a creature card would be..." A 1/1 defender is weird. The graveyard hate is fine, but there's much better elsewhere.

Cythare - Interesting. I like it. Although I kinda wish it was either on a bigger body, or was an enchantment.

Lord Asbord Schutta - I'm pretty sure this is worded incorrectly, but it's late. Card seems ok, but a bit unexciting.

Mergatroid_Jones - I like this, but it's probably too strong though, considering the chain it could start with enchantment creatures. Maybe it should return a noncreature enchantment?

Lorn Asbord Schutta - I'm rich! Seems fine, but I can't see wanting to play it over its alternatives.

Lorn again - That's a lot of words.

void_nothing - I can't believe you made me look up absorb at this time of night. :) There's an awful lot going on with this card.

Togs - Swell! I likes it.
HM: Stapler (Cleric of the Scale), Cythare (Nephalian Spirit Carver)
Winner: Togs (Skeletal Sentry)
Next: Bees
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

Mergatroid_Jones

Swarm of Killer Bees 1GG
Creature- Insect (R)
G: Swarm of Killer Bees gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
When Swarm of Killer Bees dies, create a 0/1 green Insect creature token called Killer Bees with flying and "G: This creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn."
0/1

IIW: Based off Thrull Surgeon, Library of Lat-Nam, Foresee, or Thunder of Hooves.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

@Flatline Shade of Trokair is a thing.

Bees, eh?

Bee Keeper 1G
Creature - Human Peasant Druid
At the beginning of each upkeep, put a honey counter on Bee Keeper.
W, Remove three honey counters from Bee Keeper: Create a 1/1 green and white Insect creature token with flying named "Bee".
1/3
Notes
Show
Hide
This is a lot better in multiplayer formats as it gets a honey counter in *each* upkeep, that includes your opponent's.
Apis Hivequeen 2GW
Creature - Insect Noble
Defender, Flying, Hexproof
At the beginning of each upkeep, create a 1/1 green and white Insect creature token with flying named "Bee".
1, Sacrifice an Insect: Apis Hivequeen gains indestructible until end of turn.
4/4

Bee Chateaus
Land
Bee Chateaus enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add G or W.
, T: Target Insect creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

IIW: Heavy Metal.
Last edited by Krishnath 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 3 years ago

Fire Beeather Wurm 3RG
Creature - Wurm Horror (R)
Trample
:Fire Beeather gets +2/+0 until end of turn if R was spent to pay for this ability, and Create a 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying and deathtouch if G was spent on this ability." (Do both if RG is spent on it.
"Only an idiot tries to fight a war on two fronts, and only a madman tries to fight one on Bee." - Eddings Vaidd, Guard Captain
6/5

IIW: Oozes
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Post by avatarz » 3 years ago

Sylvan Riddle 1GG
Sorcery (U)
Choose one —
• Create two 1/1 green Insect creature tokens with flying.
• Destroy up to two target creatures with flying.
That is the question.

IIW: a static, an activated and a triggered ability

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Goliath Bee Sting G
Sorcery (U)
Goliath Bee Sting deals 3 damage to target nongreen creature or nongreen planeswalker.

IIW: A green mythic with one keyword ability
Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
@Flatline Shade of Trokair is a thing.
planar chaos cards don't count as color pie precedent

Deadly Dustwasp 2GG
Creature — Insect {U}
Flying, deathtouch
3/1

IIW: artificial intelligence
Last edited by Megiddo 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”