Ebondeath Dracolich, Relentless Voltron

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 3 months ago

*Clap* *Clap* Set Review!

Case of the Stashed Skeleton: Would be decent if the token could block

Deadly Cover-Up: This card puzzles me, I thought the WOTC had settled on 6MV for black wipes. It's an easy include simply because it costs 1 less than some of our wipes, but the upside is largely irrelevant (yes, I know you can exile a basic land, but 1: their needs to be a basic land in the gy of an opponent you want to mess up 2: they need to have few enough lands out that stripping their basics would actually be good 3: if and 2 are both true, then exiling their basics would be kind of a dick move, so I wouldn't do it anyways). The option to exile one recursive creature is nice I guess.

Lead Pipe: Cheap, gives +2 power, and can be cashed out later once you find a better equipment. Equipment slots are tight and this card is kind of embarrassing when compared to Vorpal Sword, but it's worth considering for a budget build.

Cryptex: They keep teasing me with these mana rocks that turn into CA later =/. It's unlikely that you will have 3+ MV worth of stuff in your hand in the early game when you actually want your mana rocks, let alone enough cards to activate this thing multiple times. Neat design and flavour though

Scene of the Crime: we have colored versions of this in The Dross Pits.

Pretty bland ngl, the only card worth running is just an efficiently costed Board Wipe. Didn't have high hopes for this set though, and at least we got a bunch of cool hybrid cards for cube.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Tags:

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 2 months ago

Another Set Review, the deck is due for a tune up, so stay tuned for whenever I get the motivation to do that.

Nuclear Fallout: Seems like we are finally getting some black board wipes. I'm kind of mid on this one. I consider the Rad counters a downside as it is likely our opponents have better GY synergies than us. I suppose as an Exsanguinate for when we have Cabal Coffers a board wipes when we don't it's fine.

V.A.T.S.: It's tough to say how many creatures this will typically kill. The baseline of 4 mana split-second removal spell is pretty awfull though, so unless I'm wildly underestimating how many useful targets you'll be able to hit at once, I don't think it's good

Wasteland Raider: an overcosted Fleshbag Marauder, but with enough mana it can become an overcosted Plague Wind. I'm kind of down on the fleshbag family in general, but it's probably fine.

Pip-Boy 3000: All the modes are middling

And that's about it.

Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 1 month ago

Oh yeah, set reviews, we've had 3 misses in terms of sets in a row now as far as I'm concerned, but MH3 and Bloomburrow both look sweet so hopefully I'll be more enthusiastic moving forward.

Heartless Conscription I recently got into a discussion on the random card thread about efficient wipes vs. Splashy Wipes and I'm pretty firmly on the cheap wipes side of things. Even if I wasn't there's a number of splashy wipes I'd look at before this one. Probably sweet in big mana decks though.

Lost Jitte Goes without saying that "fixed" Umezawa's Jitte is much worse than Umezawa's Jitte. Is it still good enough to play? I'm leaning towards no.

Sword of Wealth and Power Holy %$#% this card is good. Looks like they found a way to extend the sword cycle, maybe one day this deck will exclusively run swords.

And that's all. Maybe I'm just being really selective these days, but it feels like the recent sets have had very few cards to talk about. Still Sword of Wealth and Power alone is a bigger upgrade for this deck than most sets provide, so I guess it evens out.

pokken
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 month ago

Lost Jitte untaps Cabal Coffers which is kinda cool :D

Dunadain
I like turtles

Post by Dunadain » 1 month ago

pokken wrote:
1 month ago
Lost Jitte untaps Cabal Coffers which is kinda cool :D
Yeah, but coffers is something that just sometimes happens in this deck, certainly not a plan A, so I'm reluctant to evaluate cards based on the assumption that I have it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”