30+ Creature Type Changeling Tribal

offspring
Pronoun: he / him

Post by offspring » 3 months ago

Lately I'm focusing less on attack or combat damage triggers (removing, among others, Mari, the Killing Quill, Captain N'ghathrod and Tovolar, Dire Overlord // Tovolar, the Midnight Scourge among others) and more on ETB effects. Voja might be a very good addition in a deck that wants to abuse attack triggers - and I might even try to build a second, more aggressive list for that - but it's not going to make my current build.

Tags:

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 3 months ago

offspring wrote:
3 months ago
Lately I'm focusing less on attack or combat damage triggers (removing, among others, Mari, the Killing Quill, Captain N'ghathrod and Tovolar, Dire Overlord // Tovolar, the Midnight Scourge among others) and more on ETB effects. Voja might be a very good addition in a deck that wants to abuse attack triggers - and I might even try to build a second, more aggressive list for that - but it's not going to make my current build.
I'm in the same boat but the difference between Voja, Jaws of the Conclave and the cards you named is that the wolf doesn't rely on your Changelings to attack and connect to get the triggers it only require Voja to attack which is a world of difference. That leaves your Changelings free to do their tap/attacking silliness.

There's so much competition for our 5 drops though. :/
I wonder if it's finally time to axe Skyshroud Poacher or maybe I'll just cut Evelyn, the Covetous because she's harder to play logically.

Zyren

Post by Zyren » 3 months ago

I replaced Moritte of the Frost with An Unearthly Child and really like the change. Moritte was almost always a dead draw because it couldnt target my legends or would essentially be a 5cc changeling. an unearthly child gives great tempo by giving us 3 changelings over time.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 3 months ago

I decided on The Eleventh Hour over An Unearthly Child. The first chapter is slightly better. The second chapter is probably a tiny bit worse. The third chapter is expect to usually be better. Glad to hear it's working out well for you though! It looks like a solid inclusion.

I have a hard time cutting Moritte of the Frost as I once copied seraph sanctuary which made Hibernation Sliver go infinite with a free Changeling.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 2 months ago

I just played a 5 turn game (admittedly there was a group hug deck powering everyone through the roof). On turn 5, I tried to lethal the table by copying Nyxbloom Ancient with Shapesharer which triggered a massive stack war where I was on the receiving end of Path to Exile, Beast Within, and Boltbender preventing it me from copying the ancient. Then, my next spell ate Mystic Confluence (bouncing two of my changelings that I turned into Psychosis Crawlers) and Magda, Brazen Outlaw ate a Mana Leak. That's the most removal I've ever had thrown in my direction in one turn. If any of my abilities/spells had resolved, I'd have won the game.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 1 month ago

There's a new "Outlaw" subtype like party. I assume one of them is going to be extremely pushed. Nothing offensive yet but Discreet Retreat seems like everything I want. Ramp, fixing, and card draw! All on a fairly safe enchantment. There's also a decent handful of non-Changelings this can work on like Seahunter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”