Veyran, Voice of Duality - Same spells, twice the slinging.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
Any thoughts on Hullbreaker Horror here? It seems like it could work out well in this sort of deck.
It is a great card I somehow missed during spoiler season. The effect is 100% auto include, only thing that bothsrs me its 7 mana and I am running so low to the ground. But the effect might be too good to pass on! I'll pick up a copy and test for sure

Thanks!
It does have flash though so you can end of turn it and go to town on your turn after untapping. It does still make it vulnerable to spot removal but opponents won't necessarily know you are holding to play it. They might also think that a seven mana up pass turn might be you holding up Cyclonic Rift as well.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
Any thoughts on Hullbreaker Horror here? It seems like it could work out well in this sort of deck.
It is a great card I somehow missed during spoiler season. The effect is 100% auto include, only thing that bothsrs me its 7 mana and I am running so low to the ground. But the effect might be too good to pass on! I'll pick up a copy and test for sure

Thanks!
It does have flash though so you can end of turn it and go to town on your turn after untapping. It does still make it vulnerable to spot removal but opponents won't necessarily know you are holding to play it. They might also think that a seven mana up pass turn might be you holding up Cyclonic Rift as well.

So I playtested it today with a proxy and it is pretty great, one game it went off and it was kinda opressing. Its too expensive but I can swap out Niv-Mizzet, Parun is a nice swap out option! Will absolutelt try to trade for one. Thanks for the advice

duducrash
Still Learning

Finally got a PC at home and am slowly updating the OP's. Just updated this one here. with the recent changes. I got a bunch some games today and even though this deck performed really well (2 wins out of 2 games!) I'm second guessing the land count. The deck does run pretty close to the ground, but 34 lands might be to low of a count. I'm considering swapping 1 spell for 1 land.

I didnt run Hullbreaker Horror yet but I decided to take Niv-Mizzet, Parun because of how pip heavy he is, it isnt often I can actually cast him. I'll see if the Horror works out!

Other card I'm kinda torn on ATM is Sol Ring the deck running so low to the ground like I said before makes colorless mana generation less than ideal, I might cut? not sure!

I'm really happy with Prismari Command . I was unnimpressed with the card before playing, but the versatility is 10/10 for me.

duducrash
Still Learning

I'm unhappy with the higher CMC payoff so I'll get some of the lower cmc stuff but in the meantime here are some changes. Underworld Breach is out beucase folks hate seeing the card. Its a nice card and I don't abuse it but folks lose their s#!t whenever they see the card.

out

Hullbreaker Horror
Shark Typhoon
Underworld Breach
pongify

in

Shattering Spree
Increasing Vengeance ]
Fact or Fiction
Treasure Cruise

I thik I'll add Aria of Flame or something. Niv-Mizzet, Parun and such effects feel so hard to cast its not even funny.

duducrash
Still Learning

Kamigawa looks fun, just not for spellslinger. I do like Discover the Impossible and will try it

duducrash
Still Learning

So, Here some updates!
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

I'm super impressed with how well the March cards from Neon Dinasty play. I will try an get my hands on the blue one to try it too

duducrash
Still Learning

Out

Shattering Spree
Wash Away

In

Aria of Flame
Hullbreaker Horror

Felt I could have some more payoffs

duducrash
Still Learning

Aria of Flame is good. It's my only way of beating lifegain decks other than commander damage, which can be a pain without evasion/trample on veyran.

Has anyone played with Invoke Calamity the mana cost is interesting but the effect rules, Ive been thinking about adding.

As for new capena. two cards I'm considering right now are Seize the Spotlight and An Offer You Can't Refuse . but I'm not big on any of them. If I had more token payoffs the casuality cards would be interesting but I don't usually have a board

edit : I also added March of Swirling Mist . I don't remember what I cut for it. Marches rock. I will update the OP once I test invoke and the new capena cards

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 1 year ago

So I didn't update the OP and I don't remember all the cuts. But I lknow the deck is out of
The copy/replicate package is out. Even though it worked nice with magecraft it made the turns too long sometimes. Turnabout was a nice card, pretty versatile could be used to open the path for a swing or to do nasty High Tide turns. I didn't want to focus on the latter and I feel it more often than not was what I was doing. I also wanted to go up a land.

As for includes. Underworld Breach and Chaos Warp come back after a short while. They are always good when I'm playing against them and Breach is frowned upon because of its strenght but Idk if they are that strong for me. I decided to give it another try. Really want that new sweet Chaos Warp card.

Livaan, Cultist of Tiamat and Bothersome Quasit are Spellslingin payoffs. One offensive other defensive. Veyran, Voice of Duality can get quite big out off cantrips. I'm trying Livaan, Cultist of Tiamat to boost that. Bothersome Quasit is my first time trying Goad. Delayed Blast Fireball seems like a nic sweeper. Also some better lands.

EDIT : Finally updated the OP with the current list. Also don't know why my in/out gets this messed up here

duducrash
Still Learning

Some updates

OUT
Chaos Warp
Ral, Storm Conduit
Underworld Breach

IN

Treasure Cruise
Cleansing Wildfire
Stubborn Denial

So, I upped the quantity of payoffs lately, so I wanted some more spells to sling arround and trigger said payoffs. So I cut one of the payoffs in Ral, Storm Conduit there are options to take it out but I'm enjoying playing with them more
Breach is a great card, but it leads to some long unfun turns.

duducrash
Still Learning

duducrash
Still Learning

Decklist

out

sol ring

thought scour

fact of fiction

Saheeli, sublime artificer

Livaan, cultist of tiamat

counterflux

in

third path iconoclast

lightning bolt

brotherhood's end

shark typhoon

balmor, battlemage captain

temur battlerage
Approximate Total Cost:

Some Changges!

Temur Battle Rage and Twinferno are finishers. Twinferno is nice because it can also act as a copy spell. I've won many many games with Veyran growing big from her ability and commander damage. It can kill out of nowhere. Since she gets +2/+2 from every spell we cast, +4+4 from copies, it takes super little to 1 hit ko.

Third Path Iconoclast Balmor, Battlemage Captain and Shark Typhoon are payoffs. Iconoclast and Balmor are in in hte spot of Saheeli, Sublime Artificer and Livaan, Cultist of Tiamat because I like the 2cmc slot a bit more. I can curve then into Veyran, Voice of Duality. Shark Typhoon gets back in after a while. At first I was against high cmc payoffs such as Niv-Mizzet, Parun and Hullbreaker Horror because this deck doenst ramp much and it's a bit awkward. but I like typhoon because of the cycling. It's still a test.

Brotherhood's End is a bomb. one of my favourite cards in a while. it sweeps many boards and it deals with artifacts. it's a bit of a nonbo with iconoclast but I recon I run less artifacts than the avg deck does. I've got to cast it 3 times and all 3 were almost game enders. the art also looks like Voldemort and Harry Potter are dueling

Lightning bolt I don't have much of a reason, I just really wanted to play bolt and I feel this deck can afford it

there is a 40k card that is pretty interesting here, Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch but I havent found one to trade for yet

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”