Tormod's Self Mill

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

So, I read Tormod wrong and thought that for each card leaving the bin he would make a token. This concept is kind of scrapped but I figured I would leave it out here even though I misread him.

So, the real rough idea here is to have Tormod, the Desecrator in play and then mill myself into a shuffle eldrazi. Inverter of Truth for instance can do this in a spicy way that would give me something like 60-80 zombie tokens in one shot (It will find a shuffle eldrazi and move my grave and library through the grave for me) . In general I don't have a ton of effects that are only mill. I tended to prefer some of the draw effects that also throw things into the bin but I kept some of the mill effects that do ongoing solid mill effects.

I considered using Sakashima of a Thousand Faces as the partner for this deck but I felt like it had a lot more concerns with spot removal as well as being a little more winmore. Esior, Wardwing Familiar curves better with Tormod in being cast before him and giving him protection to be cast on curve.

I built this list with more of a proactive approach to things. There are a few answers but they are a little more tempo based as well as some counter magic to try to keep myself in play. The goal of this build as I have it is more as a tempo proactive deck than a reactive one.

Decklist

ENCHANTMENT (3)

PLANESWALKER (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by ISBPathfinder 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Zero_Origin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Zero_Origin » 3 years ago

Do the shuffle into library effects actually get around Tormod's "one or more" clause?

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

Zero_Origin wrote:
3 years ago
Do the shuffle into library effects actually get around Tormod's "one or more" clause?
It is possible I got over zealous with an assumption without reading him too closely :hmm:

I think you are correct looking at him now that an instance that moves more than one card only triggers one zombie. That.... is unfortunate. I guess I will have to hit the drawing board again.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”