Puella Magi Madoka Magica Theme Deck

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 4 months ago

I've never done a hard theme vorthos deck. Figured I'd throw together one based on my favorite anime. Here's a rough first pass of cards I'm interested in that seem thematically appropriate.

Kyubey - Kyodai, Soul of Kamigawa
Madoka Kaname - Angel of Jubilation
Homura Akemi - Liliana Vess
Mami Tomoe - Tributary Instructor
Sayaka Miki - Gilded Drake
Kyouko Sakura - Urabrask, Heretic Praetor

Mom - Mother of Runes
Kyosuke - Doomed Artisan

Witches
Charlotte Deceiver of Form/Oblivion Sower
Walpurgisnacht - Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Wishboard
Rewind / Temporal Manipulation
Ravaging Blaze / Fireball
Lembas
Mass Manipulation
Persist
Enter the Infinite

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 4 days ago

Does your playgroup allow for "outside the game" concepts for Fae of Wishes // Granted, Wish, Burning Wish?

Have you thought about doing custom proxies for each card? So you can use an online website to make up the cards with your characters and they have the "alternative names" frames like you see with Lord of the Ring cards and others.
I've done it myself so if you are interested I can step you though the process.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 4 days ago

darrenhabib wrote:
4 days ago
Does your playgroup allow for "outside the game" concepts for Fae of Wishes // Granted, Wish, Burning Wish?

Have you thought about doing custom proxies for each card? So you can use an online website to make up the cards with your characters and they have the "alternative names" frames like you see with Lord of the Ring cards and others.
I've done it myself so if you are interested I can step you though the process.
My playgroup is pretty chill. I'd be very surprised if they didn't let me rule 0 the wish cards. I'm planning on doing custom proxies for every card with photoshop. I just started dabbling this past week. My plan is to do as few alternate names as possible just to keep the cards more understandable. I'll post all the images here once I'm finished.

Here's the first few I've done. They might get edited some more but this is kinda the look I'm going for. I took a bunch of screenshots from the anime but they don't frame quite as well. I might use a different template, I'm not positive.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide
SPOILER
Show
Hide