Edgar Markov

cryogen
GΘΔ†
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Since it's really easy for this general to be a zerg rush deck, I am trying to find a way to limit the explosiveness. To do so, I'm trying to make it as on-theme as possible, and only running vampire themed cards.

Decklist

General

Approximate Total Cost:

Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Tags:

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

Ha, fun timing. I literally just posted a Drana, Liberator of Malakir vampire tribal list. Halloween vibes I guess?

Why no love for Metallic Mimic or Adaptive Automaton?
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

MeowZeDung wrote:
4 years ago
Ha, fun timing. I literally just posted a Drana, Liberator of Malakir vampire tribal list. Halloween vibes I guess?

Those don't really feel vampire themed to me. :)

I do think there's room for olivia, mobilized for war at least if not the other olivia, maybe?

MeowZeDung

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

Robot vampires are real vampires too! :grin:

If the theme is the priority here, I guess I understand ;)
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

Baron Sengir screams vampire flavor. I guess he questions to some extent how much you are willing to sacrifice for flavor though.

I am a big fan of Olivia Voldaren as well. Great card and its sort of a cool vampire flavor card as well.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

MeowZeDung wrote:
4 years ago
Because I missed them... womp womp.
pokken wrote:
4 years ago
I do think there's room for olivia, mobilized for war at least if not the other olivia, maybe?
ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Baron Sengir screams vampire flavor. I guess he questions to some extent how much you are willing to sacrifice for flavor though.

I am a big fan of Olivia Voldaren as well. Great card and its sort of a cool vampire flavor card as well.
Looked at both Olivias, didn't think they were the best choices at those cmcs, although I'll have to look again. They both have flying, and I forgot the original buffs herself. Baron Sengir is.... a card. Maybe new Baron will get a shot next year.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

yea, voldaren is unreal at controlling the board. Gives you a huge lategame mana sink. She's like a really crappy necropotence on a vampire :P

GenesisEffect80

Post by GenesisEffect80 » 4 years ago

Here's my current Eddie deck. While not as recklessly fast as some of the junk creature builds that are trying to be cEDH, all of these creatures meaningfully contribute, and the curve is fast enough to take advantage of Edgar's efficiency. I've packed in several theme-appropriate sacrifice engines feeding infinite combos, as well as four multi-use extra-combat phase cards. The removal package is more robust than it may seem because both Planeswalkers and 10 out of the 36 creatures have an ability to kill opponents' stuff. I've included a few suprisies, like Attrition and Disenchant, and my favorite old anti-Voltron card, Mirror Strike. There's nothing more satisfying then baiting your opponent into swinging for lethal Commander damage only to turn it back at them. Well, except for running them over with an army of vampires!

Decklist

Commander

Planeswalkers

Approximate Total Cost:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”