Edgar Markov

User avatar
cryogen
GΘΔ†
Posts: 861
Joined: 1 year ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: Westminster, MD
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Titles & Recognition

Post by cryogen » 8 months ago

Since it's really easy for this general to be a zerg rush deck, I am trying to find a way to limit the explosiveness. To do so, I'm trying to make it as on-theme as possible, and only running vampire themed cards.


Decklist

General


1 Edgar Markov
Approximate Total Cost:

Expand Signature
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.
Current Decks: Brago | Breya | Edgar | Jalira | Karador | Mathas | Marisi | Meren | Mizzex | Muldrotha | Rubinia | Commander Cube | Zombie Horde
Forum Resources: Commander FAQ | MTGNexus Commander Deckbuilding Guide
Follow me on: Twitch: cryogen_mtg | Twitter: @cryogen_mtg
Buying from TCGplayer? Consider using our affiliate link: http://nxs.wf/tcg

Tags:

User avatar
MeowZeDung
Posts: 608
Joined: 8 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Post by MeowZeDung » 8 months ago

Ha, fun timing. I literally just posted a Drana, Liberator of Malakir vampire tribal list. Halloween vibes I guess?

Why no love for Metallic Mimic or Adaptive Automaton?

User avatar
pokken
Posts: 2117
Joined: 1 year ago
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him
Has thanked: 767 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Titles & Recognition

Post by pokken » 8 months ago

MeowZeDung wrote:
8 months ago
Ha, fun timing. I literally just posted a Drana, Liberator of Malakir vampire tribal list. Halloween vibes I guess?

Why no love for Metallic Mimic or Adaptive Automaton?
Those don't really feel vampire themed to me. :)

I do think there's room for olivia, mobilized for war at least if not the other olivia, maybe?
Expand Signature
EDH
UW Ephara Hatebears [Primer], UBWR Opus Thief CEDH, URG Omnath Rug elemental landfall

User avatar
MeowZeDung
Posts: 608
Joined: 8 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Post by MeowZeDung » 8 months ago

Robot vampires are real vampires too! :grin:

If the theme is the priority here, I guess I understand ;)

User avatar
ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Posts: 680
Joined: 1 year ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: SD, USA
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Titles & Recognition

Post by ISBPathfinder » 8 months ago

Baron Sengir screams vampire flavor. I guess he questions to some extent how much you are willing to sacrifice for flavor though.

I am a big fan of Olivia Voldaren as well. Great card and its sort of a cool vampire flavor card as well.
Expand Signature
[EDH] Sram (auras) | Edgar Markov | Bruna | Jori En | Heliod | Sai | Squee
[Modern] Allies

User avatar
cryogen
GΘΔ†
Posts: 861
Joined: 1 year ago
Pronoun: he / him
Location: Westminster, MD
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 350 times
Contact:

Titles & Recognition

Post by cryogen » 8 months ago

MeowZeDung wrote:
8 months ago
Why no love for Metallic Mimic or Adaptive Automaton?
Because I missed them... womp womp.
pokken wrote:
8 months ago
I do think there's room for olivia, mobilized for war at least if not the other olivia, maybe?
ISBPathfinder wrote:
8 months ago
Baron Sengir screams vampire flavor. I guess he questions to some extent how much you are willing to sacrifice for flavor though.

I am a big fan of Olivia Voldaren as well. Great card and its sort of a cool vampire flavor card as well.
Looked at both Olivias, didn't think they were the best choices at those cmcs, although I'll have to look again. They both have flying, and I forgot the original buffs herself. Baron Sengir is.... a card. Maybe new Baron will get a shot next year.
Expand Signature
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.
Current Decks: Brago | Breya | Edgar | Jalira | Karador | Mathas | Marisi | Meren | Mizzex | Muldrotha | Rubinia | Commander Cube | Zombie Horde
Forum Resources: Commander FAQ | MTGNexus Commander Deckbuilding Guide
Follow me on: Twitch: cryogen_mtg | Twitter: @cryogen_mtg
Buying from TCGplayer? Consider using our affiliate link: http://nxs.wf/tcg

User avatar
pokken
Posts: 2117
Joined: 1 year ago
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him
Has thanked: 767 times
Been thanked: 587 times

Titles & Recognition

Post by pokken » 8 months ago

yea, voldaren is unreal at controlling the board. Gives you a huge lategame mana sink. She's like a really crappy necropotence on a vampire :P
Expand Signature
EDH
UW Ephara Hatebears [Primer], UBWR Opus Thief CEDH, URG Omnath Rug elemental landfall

GenesisEffect80
Posts: 28
Joined: 9 months ago
Pronoun: Unlisted
Has thanked: 13 times

Post by GenesisEffect80 » 7 months ago

Here's my current Eddie deck. While not as recklessly fast as some of the junk creature builds that are trying to be cEDH, all of these creatures meaningfully contribute, and the curve is fast enough to take advantage of Edgar's efficiency. I've packed in several theme-appropriate sacrifice engines feeding infinite combos, as well as four multi-use extra-combat phase cards. The removal package is more robust than it may seem because both Planeswalkers and 10 out of the 36 creatures have an ability to kill opponents' stuff. I've included a few suprisies, like Attrition and Disenchant, and my favorite old anti-Voltron card, Mirror Strike. There's nothing more satisfying then baiting your opponent into swinging for lethal Commander damage only to turn it back at them. Well, except for running them over with an army of vampires!

Decklist

Commander


1 Edgar Markov

Planeswalkers


1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
1 Sorin Markov
Approximate Total Cost:


Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”