Gandalf's Flashing the Neighbors

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 10 months ago

Well, I am pulling out all my crazy ideas that have been floating about lately. I love playing with flash but when I started looking at this project I originally thought I would end up with a more.... legendary cards control deck but I started shifting to artifact death aggro as time went on. I still think there is room if I wanted to go more controlling than I am with this concept but it looked and felt like there was more synergy to lean into a slightly more proactive death based deck offhand.

Well, here is this idea I guess. No clue if I am going to make it or not but it looked sweet enough I figured I would at least share it. My more controlling idea had a few more big value removal cards like Angel of the Ruins and Meteor Golem but I was struggling as to how it was actually going to close out games so I felt like shifting more to a death looping recursion go wide with counters actually might win games especially paired up with flash.

It might seem odd to be playing this commander at first thought but he really helps generate additional value from a lot of things. Random do nothing cards like Arcum's Astrolabe that normally just cantrip suddenly turn into Divination which on its own isn't that big of a deal but I have a lot of artifact ETB/Death triggers as well as means to sacrifice and recur artifacts as well. It seems fairly interesting as a whole and shy of the fact that 90% of this deck is random jank $0.50 cards that I don't own there isn't a big reason not to build it.

I did also see the option to push harder into a modular build and push The Ozolith in. I didn't opt to do that in part because well.... Ozolith isn't a card I have really ever justified its actual price tag. This isn't me saying its a bad card but I think its overpriced and that concept seems like it might still be hot garbage even if it was assembled and I am not willing to throw $30 on that level of questionable maybe.

Optimally speaking, I should probably have Ashnod's Altar and Phyrexian Altar in here. I REALLY hate making infinite loops though and I fear that this list is probably already close enough to an infinite deck that I probably just won't build it already. Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle is probably a similar commander to what I came up with considering I am running him in the list.

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”