Jori En - Izzet Cantrips

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

I still have my list together, I just haven't really put much attention towards it lately. I played it a while back and lent it out for a game last weekend as well. It still performs fairly well but I still get the impression that it sometimes just doesn't have the right tools depending on what you draw. If opponents have interaction for our token makers / pingers we can also end up spinning through the deck just hunting for something that does something.

I can think of a few games where I go through half of my library only seeing a few payoffs. I get the impression that this deck does better against more linear non interactive decks than it does against control decks. I really do need to update the list though.

I am not sure about Mox Tantalite. It can be a pain in the ass if Jori En gets answered but I think the deck needs mana beyond the ability to cast and recast Jori En. Suspend three is just so much time to wait.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 3 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
3 years ago
I still have my list together, I just haven't really put much attention towards it lately. I played it a while back and lent it out for a game last weekend as well. It still performs fairly well but I still get the impression that it sometimes just doesn't have the right tools depending on what you draw. If opponents have interaction for our token makers / pingers we can also end up spinning through the deck just hunting for something that does something.

I can think of a few games where I go through half of my library only seeing a few payoffs. I get the impression that this deck does better against more linear non interactive decks than it does against control decks. I really do need to update the list though.

I am not sure about Mox Tantalite. It can be a pain in the ass if Jori En gets answered but I think the deck needs mana beyond the ability to cast and recast Jori En. Suspend three is just so much time to wait.
I agree, I know that it's frowned uppon to reccomend other commanders but many do what Jori En do better. I'm myself am building a Kykar, Wind's Fury , the only reason I keep Jori En is because it was my first deck and I built it all from the ground so I have a bunch of fun keeping her arround. I also believe we aren't far from being viable, a coupl of payoffs for 2cmc and we are in a fun spot

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

duducrash wrote:
3 years ago
I agree, I know that it's frowned uppon to reccomend other commanders but many do what Jori En do better. I'm myself am building a Kykar, Wind's Fury , the only reason I keep Jori En is because it was my first deck and I built it all from the ground so I have a bunch of fun keeping her arround. I also believe we aren't far from being viable, a coupl of payoffs for 2cmc and we are in a fun spot
I considered doing that myself but there are at least 3 Kykar decks in my meta. I am more on track right now to just drop the deck and do other things. I mentioned before that I built a Sai deck that is sort of built around cantrip heavy artifacts that performs somewhat similarly but its also been more consistent for me. Jori En has better interaction tools but its also nowhere near as fast or brutal as Sai is. Everyone who is playing Kykar right now though has kind of made me less interested in cheap cantrip spellslinger because I see it everywhere now. It was really cool when it wasn't everywhere but now that I regularly play against it I am less interested.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

duducrash
Still Learning

Changed the list a bit, I think I'll cut Sol Ring generating collorless feels bad in this deck. its to pip heavy, probably for Fellwar Stone . Took Mox Amber to play somewhere else. I feel this is the deck I would play arround newer players. While it can perform sometimes it's undewealming.

duducrash
Still Learning

I havent touched the deck, or magic in general, in a while. Covid has been seriously dangerous over here. Over 4k deaths a day lately and incopetent president that looks more like a genocidal planner than anything else hasnt helped.

So I havent updated with my thoughts on new sets. I'll try and do it here!

Commander legends

Underwealming for spellslinger builds. at first I was hyped about Krark, the Thumbless but it can misfire so badly...

Training Center [/card]

was my one take away.

Kaldheim

Ravenform is nice enough, gives access to a effect we dont really have.

Karfell Harbinger This is a dork that produces colored mana in our deck, which is pretty nice. But Idk if its playable.

Mystic Reflection Idk if I'm overvaluing this card but this seems nuts. on our crazy turns we can generate massive ammounts of tokens or pings. I picked up a couple of copies.

Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty I got her from a pack my SO got me and she does produce mana. I want her to work so bad.

Strixhaven

This is our new ravnica!! magecraft is pretty big for spellslinger and even if it doesnt hit as much as I wanted it sets a nice pretend to the eventual return.

Expression rehersal absolute auto include. It's most likely scry 3 draw 2 for UR. great card

Archmage Emeritus this deck isnt very powerful. If I focus on bringing it to lower powered tables I can totally see this card working. I quite like it, but surely cant be done in more powerful tables.

Solve the Equation Budgety tutor. I don't think I'll slot it but if I were first building the deck on a budget I would love this card.

Storm-Kiln Artist this is a great card for us. considering most of the deck is cantrips we ca go on and on and on thanks to the tokens.

Mentor's Guidance often will be a scry 2 draw 2 for 3

Symmetry Sage I don't quite know how to evaluate this card. a mythic version of it where I can change the power of any card to 2 would be nuts, but this can be nice, turning birds into 2/1s and all that. I'm torn about how good this is.

Rowan, Scholar of Sparks first of all, inst a scholar supposed to be someone who has studied for a long time? arent the twins like 16????? anyway, I like Rowan a lot. she is cheap, have a Goblin Electromancer built in and both her effects are usefull

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”