Tatyova - Untaptyova's Land Untap Guys

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

In case I forget to update: https://deckbox.org/sets/3376150

Of course I play the little kid one :)

I don't know what this deck even is, it's just a simic pile of dudes that tap to do stuff, primarily vomit out lands and chain draw cards off Tatyova. This deck is the leftovers of a mostly mono green Golos deck I had back in the day, with some fun simic cards added (e.g. Trophy Mage).

This card is basically Thawing Glaciers tribal.
Decklist

Commander

Planeswalkers (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

This is a superbly unoptimzied pile that tries to avoid a lot of staples of Tatyova, Benthic Druid and in general landfall (no Scute Swarm) while trollingly also playing the absolute most cliche finishers of all time Avenger of Zendikar and Craterhoof Behemoth.
Last edited by pokken 1 year ago, edited 7 times in total.

Tags:

pokken

Stuff I might do later

* add Lotus Vale and Scorched Ruins -- seem great with this deck, just gotta decide what to cut land wise.
* in a more optimzied build the land auras might be good, but I really want slots to get more lands hitting the battlefield for Tatyova (without going ham on the fetches, which cuts back my ability to have outlets for Thawing Glaciers

Some random theory stuff

This deck aims to not play very much air and not spend very much tempo on setting up. it plays a ton of redundancy for untap/land into play effects instead of playing stuff that finds them like Ponder and whatever. This is a bit of an experiment for me in just trying to build differently. less finding specific cards, more playing redundant cards that are good enough.

And lots of layers of effects...so guys that untap lands can also untap other guys, lands can untap lands that untap guys, playing a land can untap a guy, a guy can tap to put a land in that triggers to untap another guy (Retreat to Coralhelm).

Ideally, if we stick any kind of "Prophet of Kruphix-lite" effects (muse, quest, awakening, awakening) we should be able to absolutely explode and also draw a ton of cards with Tatyova.

Most of the effects serve multiple purposes -- Spell Burst is a kinda eh counterspell, but with Seedborn Muse it's a hard lock.

Most of the interaction is not general purpose, it's just bad stuff that also could be a win condition.

Almost zero useful tutors, just stuff that's not played much like Uncage the Menagerie (which has a lot of hits in the deck that should go nuts.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

Side note, make sure to add Thespian's Stage and maybe also Vesuva if you go deeper on the sac lands. Thespian ducking the sac part but keeping the mana pruduction is usually all upside but if you like sacing the lands Vesuva might also be good.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

pokken

ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
Side note, make sure to add Thespian's Stage and maybe also Vesuva if you go deeper on the sac lands. Thespian ducking the sac part but keeping the mana pruduction is usually all upside but if you like sacing the lands Vesuva might also be good.
reminds me that, sadly, this is probably yet another Field of the Dead deck and I am out of them. blah.

pokken

This deck was pretty good. Had to play through a ton of sweepers and people going off. I won the game I played because chatterfang guy couldnt' be arsed to do combat math and didn't think I was a threat. He passed to me and my board was tatyova and a couple dudes, and I had a Genesis Wave in hand and no other cards.

I g-waved for 10 or so, hit Avenger of Zendikar Gaea's Cradle and a bunch of lands. drew a bunch of cards. cast time warp, and Uncage the Menagerie for x = 8, extra turn craterhoofed the table to death.

Don't showboat ;)

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

Craterhoof is like, the "fairest" magic card that I wish was never printed as far as commander goes. Sure its just big combat but its so accessible and you essentially can't rely on any non Moat defenses to stop it. I absolutely refuse to play it for entirely valid reasons demonstrated by your above game description. If I got my way (which I won't) I would ban it and then eyeball the ever living hell out of Aetherflux Reservoir.

Sorry to derail, I just heard stuff was happening then oops craterhoof tutor.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

pokken

ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
Craterhoof is like, the "fairest" magic card that I wish was never printed as far as commander goes. Sure its just big combat but its so accessible and you essentially can't rely on any non Moat defenses to stop it. I absolutely refuse to play it for entirely valid reasons demonstrated by your above game description. If I got my way (which I won't) I would ban it and then eyeball the ever living hell out of Aetherflux Reservoir.

Sorry to derail, I just heard stuff was happening then oops craterhoof tutor.
that's why I like this art specifically. It describes fully how I feel about the card.

It's just bizarre to me that I get zero complaints for the most part if I hoof people but if I infinite combo or grind them out with breena they hate it. So I made some goofy hoofy decks and people are fine with it

I used to hate genesis wave so much in my old playgroup. But man people just don't give a %$#% what you do as long as it's turning creatures sideways and you don't bother their cards. So I'll embrace it :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”