The Prismatic Piper - A Massive Pile

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 1 year ago

So this deck is very much a rough draft pile. It's still very much in rough draft. It started as the idea of using The Ozolith + The Blackstaff of Waterdeep + Body of Research to kill my friend with Sol Ring. It has morphed into that plus Nesting Grounds stupidity + Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker / Master Transmuter synergies. I need to run it a few times to iron out the massive kinks but I'm pretty hyped to give it a whirl.

Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by materpillar 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

Moonlighter
Lunatic
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Moonlighter » 1 year ago

Are you married to the Prismatic Piper? It seems like you could use any number of green partners to give yourself a bit of an edge, like lifelink or big beats (Ikra or Kamahl) if necessary. Not like you really ever have to cast them.
Playing EDH: Alesha Who Smiles at Death; Baba Lysaga, Night Witch; Emiel the Blessed; Breena, the Demagogue; Xenagos, God of Revels; Seton, Krosan Protector; Phelddagrif.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Moonlighter wrote:
1 year ago
Are you married to the Prismatic Piper? It seems like you could use any number of green partners to give yourself a bit of an edge, like lifelink or big beats (Ikra or Kamahl) if necessary. Not like you really ever have to cast them.
Yup pretty married to it. I have an altered one that gives me just the most immense joy. I have this dream of someone pointing out how bad the Piper is and then me moving a billion piles of +1/+1 counters from Body of Research onto the Piper and murdering them.

I really wish I could have Artificer's Intuition in the command zone. I have this dream of March of the Machines + Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker + Aether Spellbomb. I kinda want to build an aristocrat, tiny non-creature artifact deck. Which is… niche. Not Cheerio combo.

I'm jamming so many loosely connected synergy pieces I'm worried I don't have enough interaction or card draw to get my overly complicated engines going. More revisions are necessary. I wish I had more Haywire Mites because he is good with basically every synergy I'm working on and it's removal.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 1 year ago

Oh hell yeah Body of Research. Love that card.

Reyhan, Last of the Abzan feels like a good fit here, possibly even in the command zone (have the Piper provide blue). One less piece you have to dig out, but at the cost of losing some of the flexibility of Ozolith's application.

Fate Transfer may be one shot, but may also be useful?

I'm trying to come up with efficient ways to get a boatload of +1/+1 counters and am largely blanking. I remember I once made a 50+ power thing from Geometric Nexus, and subsequently rode it to victory. Are you then stuck with above-rate hydras?

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

andreaa23

Post by andreaa23 » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Moonlighter wrote:
1 year ago
Yup pretty married to it. I have an altered one that gives me just the most immense joy. I have this dream of someone pointing out how bad the Piper is and then me moving a billion piles of +1/+1 counters from Body of Research onto the Piper and murdering them.

I really wish I could have Artificer's Intuition in the command zone. I have this dream of March of the Machines letter boxed + Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker + Aether Spellbomb. I kinda want to build an aristocrat, tiny non-creature artifact deck. Which is… niche. Not Cheerio combo.

I'm jamming so many loosely connected synergy pieces I'm worried I don't have enough interaction or card draw to get my overly complicated engines going. More revisions are necessary. I wish I had more Haywire Mites because he is good with basically every synergy I'm working on and it's removal.
So have you fulfilled the wishes you mentioned above?????

materpillar
the caterpillar

Rumpy5897 wrote:
1 year ago
Reyhan, Last of the Abzan feels like a good fit here, possibly even in the command zone (have the Piper provide blue). One less piece you have to dig out, but at the cost of losing some of the flexibility of Ozolith's application.
Reyhan was my first commander consideration but I switched because the Ozilith is super easy to tutor and I was worried about a lack of card advantage.
Fate Transfer may be one shot, but may also be useful?
That was an early idea had with Isochron Scepter. >.>
andreaa23 wrote:
1 year ago
So have you fulfilled the wishes you mentioned above?????
Nope. I don't get to play much and I've only had one whirl with the deck. It was pretty miserable. Basically all the problems I worried about came into fruition. My opponent Decimated my Staff of Nin and I got buried under card advantage as I struggled to assemble my derpy synergies. I didn't have enough card draw or removal to get myself into a position I could do my things. I desperately need to cut one of my overly derpy packages and just slap in a pile of Divinations and Doom Blades. I'm probably going to removal some of artifact / aristocrat stuff and index harder in counter synergies. Not positive though. The Blackstaff of Waterdeep was absolutely worthless so all those synergy things are gonna get the axe almost certainly.

The idea with that was to make some indestructible lands to stock counters on. I'll probably just throw in a bunch of man lands instead and skip the middle man.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 1 year ago

Reminds me a bit the synergies in my Gluntch deck where I like to give +1/+1 tokens to my opponents for my personal benefit. Generous Patron is an allstar there and I believe she can be here as well with all the proliferate effects (not to mention the massive card draw you can get from emptying your Forgotten Ancient to your opponents' creatures).
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Dakkon Blackblade Miracles Control
Teneb, the Harvester Pestilence
Soul of Windgrace Loam Balance
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain

materpillar
the caterpillar

I was super underwhelmed by my Sultai list so I figured I'd lean more into bant mass +1/+1 counters since I can get a ton with Ishai, Ojutai Dragonspeaker which frees up more slots for removal and such.
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Should probably slot in Esper Sentinel. Generous Patron looked cool.

materpillar
the caterpillar

I played a couple of games against a pair of Zimone and Dina decks. That card is really obnoxiously pushed but I digress. The deck performed well but definitely needs another pass. It was way slow out of the gate. It needs some more ramp.

Game 1 my opponent slammed a Torment of Hailfire for 12 and then pinged me to death. I had Aura Shards murdering his boardstate and a few chunky boys but I couldn't find a lifelink source to stabilize.

Game 2 was a 17 turn slugfest. It was kinda miserable actually. This deck desperately needs some forms of unblockability. Probably a Rogue's Passage. I got a 12/12 Fathom Mage with lifelink and a couple of shield counters. It did a fantastic job keeping me alive. I had a hell of a time ending the game though. I ended up casting Body of Research as a 22/22 for example. My Ancient Bronze Dragon got chump blocked for years. The Ozolith got killed 3 times so I couldn't move counters around where I needed them. Eventually I found Damning Verdict which opened everyone up to my massive beat sticks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”