Daryl - Enrageing Pyroclams

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

Sorry for the delay its been a crazy weekend.
Dunharrow wrote:
2 years ago
This deck reminds me how much I like Druid's Call and how I would try to jam it in here with a few Lure effects.
I have to ask though, why is Carven Caryatid in the deck? It seems pretty mediocre.
I did consider Druid's Call and for a brief bit I ran Hornet Nest which is a bit similar. If Hornet Nest had one more toughness it would likely still be in my list but the fact that I was going to kill it with most any effect in my deck was what made me axe it ultimately. Even then though two flying deathtouchers is relatively effective. Druid's Call is probably fine if anyone wants to run it but auras come with some extra awkwardness in that the target for them can die and the fact that the tokens die to the sweepers also makes it a bit odd of a card for this deck given I am not a token deck myself. If I could get Druid's Call on a creature with 3+ toughness it would be fun but that isn't something that really exists.

Lure - similarly to above auras are often a setup to get 2 for 1ed. The creatures with this effect are also a bit weird. I have always liked lure effects but I still to this day haven't seen a lure that felt all that natural or good. These effects can be a blow out but they are also heavily situational.

Carven Caryatid - It kills attacking zombies making me a less ideal target for zombie attacks. I often don't sweep the tokens every turn unless I am swimming in draw or need specific cards I don't have. I put it and Wall of Blossoms in when I was more defensive on my creatures but they cantrip and are cheap so I kept them both so far. I wouldn't say that it has to make the list but I haven't been dissatisfied with it either.
Haman wrote:
2 years ago
a few scenarios
when an opponent have 3 zombies, and he feels like attacking ( assuming he has 3 zombies only )
daryl+ wall of blossom = takes 2 damages draw 2 card or draw card if he don't attack you.

daryl + carven caryatid = draw 3 cards .. the extra power acually deters attack.
Totally this. Also in most situations where I have Daryl and opponents have zombies I can block with Daryl then shoot an unblocked one before damage is done. Daryl gets to cover two zombies with this. But yes, the cheap cantrip walls shut down free zombie damage in a lot of cases making me less appealing of an attack target.

I wouldn't say that I have to have the cantrip walls but I have been pleased enough with them that I would have to see something that has really good synergy with the deck concept to cut them and they likely would not be the first card I would be cutting for better synergy.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”