Extus - Mardu Spellslinger

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

Ok lets dig into this idea. I started looking at Extus, Oriq Overlord from the standpoint that he makes looting like Faithless Looting quite powerful due to the free recovering of a creature back to hand. Several of the looting effects such as Tormenting Voice also have an additional discard as a cost effect which lets us discard a creature and then immediately recover it or some other creature if we want turning them into this strange Sign in Blood like effect but assuming no graveyard disruption they also allow us to select creatures we discarded or died previously.

So, from there I started feeling like I was going into mardu spellslinger so I tagged in all of the random things like Firebrand Archer and Young Pyromancer. Added a bunch of cheap spells to trigger them and draw cards / answers to problems and I found myself already with a big list that needed to be trimmed lol.

I also added a bunch of powerful one drops in part because there were a few recruiters but also because generally they are powerful but somewhat fragile. I felt like the commander helped mitigate some of the fragile issue with them given the recursive nature of him. I went back and forth for a bit on how much protection for my commander and or board I wanted but ultimately I stuck primarily to creatures to do it because I felt like most of them could be proactively played whenever and my commander can help loop them making them harder to get through than a one shot spell effect.

Decklist

COMMANDER (1)

ENCHANTMENT

PLANESWALKER

Approximate Total Cost:

CONSIDERATIONS:
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”