Commander Forum Rules, Announcements, and Helpdesk

cryogen
GΘΔ†
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Welcome to the Commander Forums!

The purpose of this thread is for you to have a general place to post and discuss this particular subforum as well as its rules and structure. It's also the perfect place to post feedback or suggestions about anything relating to the Commander sub.

Some examples of things this thread can be used for:
  • To request a new thread tag (tags are, for example: [SCD], [Competitive], etc.)
  • Feedback on staff-maintained [Official] threads, or request a thread be given the [Official] tag.
  • General discussion of moderation level - whether you think it's currently too lax/too strict, etc
Additionally, when the Commander Forum Rules thread is updated or there is another major announcement, we (the moderators) will post about the changes in this thread, and feel free to comment on those.

However, this thread is not for complaining about a warning you've received and disagree with - if you want to appeal a warning, please contact the relevant Moderator as outlined in the site rules. This thread will not be heavily moderated, but as always, keep your posts civil and on topic.

Thanks!
-The Commander Team
Last edited by cryogen 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Commander Forum Specific Rules
  1. Decklists DO NOT belong in the Discussion forum. Anyone posting threads with decklists in the main discussion forum will have their threads moved to the appropriate subforum at a moderator's discretion. If you wish to provide a decklist as a reference resource for a discussion, please link to it rather than posting it in full in that thread.
  2. Double posting is allowed, but please keep it to a minimum and only do so when posting two separate thoughts, or when a multi-quote reply would not be preferable. The Commander moderators reserve the right to infract excessive posting as spam at their discretion.
  3. If a thread has been dormant for a long period of time, please consider creating a new thread rather than necroing the existing one.
  4. When discussing a card or deck, please use the [card] or [deck] tags.
  5. Use of the Primer tag / status is reserved for lists approved by the Commander Primer Committee. If you are interested in upgrading a list to primer status, please look over the application process for eligibility. Unauthorized primer tags will be removed by the staff without notice.
  6. Commander is a social format, so be mindful that not everyone approaches the game with that mentality. Do not get into debates about the nature of casual vs. competitive unless it is on-topic.
  7. New Card Leaks - Leaks are harmful to the way in which WotC promotes new sets and hurts the content creators that get official spoiler cards. We at MTG Nexus do not encourage or condone leaks of any kind and will never promote them. However, we recognize that some community members wish to discuss them. All discussion of leaks MUST be contained to the [url=viewtopic.php?f=24&t=111]Unreleased and New Card Discussion] thread. Leaks posted elsewhere will be deleted and warned.
  8. Commander Off-Site Promotion and Soliciting - Rules and Guidelines
    • MTGNexus is an inclusive community site and wants to give spotlights to the projects other members are pursuing. We encourage promoting your M:tG related nonprofit project (so long as it is in line with our own values).
    • M:tG related projects that are for-profit (such as a Kickstarter project) should receive approval from a moderator before soliciting.
    • M:tG related projects that are in violation of the law (e.g. copyright infringement such as counterfeits), and solicitation that is not M:tG related should not be posted on the Commander forums and will be removed and infracted as necessary.
  9. HAVE FUN!!!!

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

Suggestions: Can we shrink the size of the auto card window that pops up when hovering over a link? As someone using a 24in HDTV as monitor, which i think is a very generous size, the current card takes up a large chunk of my screen.

Also, I think cards with special characters in their names are not displaying. Case-in-point: Sensei's Divining Top, as shown in my Miraculous Kaalia primer stub, is showing a card back image. edit: I think I found the issue, adding a comma immediately after the tag might cause the miscommunication. Don't quote me on that, but removing that comma seems to have fixed it on my end.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 4 years ago

I'm having a similar problem with Kongming in my mono-W deck, I'll try dropping the comma in the name and see what happens.

EDIT: Just tried all the variations of punctuation, no luck. The cards full name is Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon" in case you need it for testing.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

cryogen
GΘΔ†

It's probably the quotes in the name. I recall [mention]Feyd_Ruin[/mention] mentioning an issue previously, maybe a couple of the cards are still bugged. He has been pinged.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

It's specifically the " in the name.
Because we directly put the cardname into an html tag wrapped in "s, allowing unescaped "s means you could break out of the tag and create a security risk. I haven't found an inline way to elegantly escape the "s, so for now they are not allowed.

There are 4 cards this currently affects:
Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon"
Pang Tong, "Young Phoenix"
"Ach! Hans, Run!"
"Rumors of My Death . . ."

Each of these has been given a nickname without the "s. You can link to them by excluding the "s.

[card]Kongming, Sleeping Dragon[/card] = Kongming, Sleeping Dragon

I'll eventually find a nice clean way to escape the "s so this won't be an issue.
(But the nicknames will stay forever, so you won't have to go back and change old posts)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Also, I shrunk the size of the autocard popup, and added price/rating when applicable.
(There's currently almost no ratings added in though, so go vote if you want to see it! :p )
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

It's ok, everyone can relax. Mirror of Fate is a 5-Star card now.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I'll eventually find a nice clean way to escape the "s so this won't be an issue.
It was bugging me, so I went delving into the s9e parser a bit more and found a way to work it out.
It's actually cleaner than it was before too. Huzzah.

Bad news: Old posts need to be edited and submitted again.
(This happens when I change something fundamental in an existing tag)

Kongming, "Sleeping Dragon"
Pang Tong, "Young Phoenix"
"Ach! Hans, Run!"
"Rumors of My Death . . ."

3drinks

Is there way to submit custom user group titles? Kinda missing my Personal Liaison to Kaalia of the Vast one lol. Although I guess I'd be better served with Kaalia's Personal Liasion nowadays given the new print.

Tech issue: On PC can we enable the ability to summon bold/italic/underline etc tags with crtl+[key] keyboard shortcuts? Currently using those pulls up the browser control bar.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

cryogen
GΘΔ†

I don't know if we have any custom titles set up currently, or future plans. As for the shortcuts, dunno how that works.

===========

Moving forward, could general tech issues/requests be submitted here?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
Is there way to submit custom user group titles? Kinda missing my Personal Liaison to Kaalia of the Vast one lol. Although I guess I'd be better served with Kaalia's Personal Liasion nowadays given the new print.
We don't have any titles right now.
Special group titles (Admin, RC, Rules Guru, etc) are all badges/awards now.
(This will also be how the forum awards are shown later.)
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
Tech issue: On PC can we enable the ability to summon bold/italic/underline etc tags with crtl+[key] keyboard shortcuts? Currently using those pulls up the browser control bar.
Well, I added a small jquery extension that let me set all those hot keys, but it didn't play nice with chrome, so I've disabled it.
Going to look into it a bit more.

3drinks

[mention]Feyd_Ruin[/mention];

As I just tried to quote your post above, my keyboard didn't even work. Any key just input all those codes at once, letters, backspace, didn't matter. Idk what happened there.

- Sent from Firefox browser, Linux machine (Solus distro).

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

cryogen
GΘΔ†

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
@Feyd_Ruin;

As I just tried to quote your post above, my keyboard didn't even work. Any key just input all those codes at once, letters, backspace, didn't matter. Idk what happened there.

You probably tried right as he was messing with it. It caused an issue when quoting a post, whichnhe and we were discussing literally just now.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago

try now, i forgot to force a user refresh on one of the js files.

3drinks

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
@Feyd_Ruin;

You probably tried right as he was messing with it. It caused an issue when quoting a post, whichnhe and we were discussing literally just now.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago

try now, i forgot to force a user refresh on one of the js files.
That seems to work. What horrific timing on my part then, i was totes away for some hours watching a show only to come back mid-update lol.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

Are decklist tags forum specific or sitewide? There are a few common ones I'm not seeing in the list.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

cryogen
GΘΔ†

SocorroTortoise wrote:
4 years ago
Are decklist tags forum specific or sitewide? There are a few common ones I'm not seeing in the list.
Forum wide, afaik. I can add more, what would you like to see?

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
The one I was missing was enchantress. Tempo and/or delver was the other one I didn't see, though that's more legacy/modern than EDH.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

cryogen
GΘΔ†

SocorroTortoise wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
The one I was missing was enchantress. Tempo and/or delver was the other one I didn't see, though that's more legacy/modern than EDH.
These have been added.

WizardMN
Answers: 123

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Will these Titles/Badges carry over from MTGSalvation or do we need to "earn" them again? Because really, if I can't retain my "Rules Guru" Title/Badge, then what is the point /s

It isn't a big deal but I wonder how we would go about getting some of those that are not really awarded to specific people (Admins, RC, etc.) since Rules Guru, and I am sure some others, are more for the "regular" users.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Will these Titles/Badges carry over from MTGSalvation or do we need to "earn" them again? Because really, if I can't retain my "Rules Guru" Title/Badge, then what is the point /s

It isn't a big deal but I wonder how we would go about getting some of those that are not really awarded to specific people (Admins, RC, etc.) since Rules Guru, and I am sure some others, are more for the "regular" users.
Yes, existing groups can be ported over, so we can add the Rules Guru if you have it there. New groups will be added as they arise, and and once we start doing awards they will be given out as necessary.

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

For Rules Guru specifically, I'd recommend getting in touch with the Rulings Forum mods. I know it was a system they were looking to implement here, but I believe they will be picking from the pool to add people to it. I believe the two you're looking for are Kahedron and Void_Nothing.
BRG "Toolbox" |B Xiahou Dun | UB Tegwyll | RG Hans | WB Astarion

WizardMN
Answers: 123

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Cool. Thanks to both of you. I will reach out to them via PM.

Cow31337Killer
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

Does anyone know if there's a way to make a card link show a specific printing of a card? Like say for instance I wanted to hover over Beastmaster Ascension and have it show the Zendikar printing? Thanks for your time!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”