NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 2 months ago

Duddergum Leatherskin -- 1GG
Creature - Dwarf Barbarian {U}
Trample
Whenever Duddergum Leatherskin becomes blocked by a creature with greater size, it fights that creature. (Size is power plus toughness)
"How about this? *slap* Or that? *slap* How about this and that?"
4/2
If I Win: Forgetting / Losing One's Memory
Last edited by OneAndOnly 2 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 2 months ago

Judging tomorrow, too many chores tonight

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 months ago

Crush Beneath 1BG
Instant (R)
Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains trample until end of turn. Destroy each creature with power 2 or less blocking that creature.

IIW: Speculation for Bloomburrow, Outlaws of Thunder Junction, or Dusmourn: House of Horror

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 months ago

Mutagen Howler 2GG
Creature - Wolf Elephant Mutant (Uncommon)
Whenever a creature you controls mutates, Mutagen Howler and that creature each gain trample until end of turn. If Mutagen Howler was the mutated creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
4/4

IIW: real-life characters for Universes Beyond: Assassin's Creed

chetoos

All entrants please ensure you have an IIW on your entry

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 months ago

Ulamog's Mutagener2CC
Creature - Eldrazi Mutant (R)
Mutate 2C
Devoid (this Creature has no color)
Trample, Annihilator 1
\Whenever Ulamog's Mutagener mutates or deals combat damage to a player, create two 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
4/3

IIW: Eldrazi have taken over more mechanics of the multiverse
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 2 months ago

Duddergum Cruncher -- 3RRR
Creature - Dwarf Barbarian {R}
Trample
Duddergum Cruncher deals excess damage in the form of destroying that many artifacts.
6/4
If I Win: Creature with silly-sounding names

chetoos

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 months ago
Cytoplastoderm
2{G}{U}
Creature - Beast Mutant (U)
Graft 3
Trample
When this creature mutates, double the number of +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0
Some of Momir Vig's experiments still survive and evade capture.

IIW: Multicolored Insect
I like the idea of Simic's mechanic in the next full Rav set being mutate, that's fun.
void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
But yeah I'm gonna enter

Unbreakable Thundertusk 3WW
Creature - Elephant (M)
Trample, ward 4
Whenever Unbreakable Thundertusk deals combat damage to a player, untap each nonland permanent you control. Then, for each creature you control with outlast, add mana equal to that creature's outlast cost. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
1{G/W}{W/B}: Exile target creature blocking Unbreakable Thundertusk.
4/5

IIW: Red +0/+N (Stonehands, Earth Servant, etc.)
This is almost broken, honestly. I love it as an outlast lord, but I doubt that WotC is going to use that mechanic again.
Ulka wrote:
2 months ago
Spider Legs
Creature - Spider Mutant
Mutate 1G
(Nonexistent mana costs can't be paid.)
Spider Legs can only mutate under other creatures.
Whenever this creature mutates, it gains deathtouch until the end of turn.
Reach
0/0

IIW: Keyword Soup Creatures that feel fun to play.
This is an aura with a different name. Also, it needs flash if it's gonna be useful as a combat trick.
OneAndOnly wrote:
2 months ago
Duddergum Leatherskin -- 1GG
Creature - Dwarf Barbarian {U}
Trample
Whenever Duddergum Leatherskin becomes blocked by a creature with greater size, it fights that creature. (Size is power plus toughness)
"How about this? *slap* Or that? *slap* How about this and that?"
4/2
If I Win: Forgetting / Losing One's Memory
Useful terminology, I like it. Like "commits a crime" it's a good term for something that ought to be codified.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 months ago
Crush Beneath 1BG
Instant (R)
Target creature gets +2/+2 and gains trample until end of turn. Destroy each creature with power 2 or less blocking that creature.

IIW: Speculation for Bloomburrow, Outlaws of Thunder Junction, or Dusmourn: House of Horror
Very nice, I like big things being so big that they just crush the little things.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 months ago
Mutagen Howler 2GG
Creature - Wolf Elephant Mutant (Uncommon)
Whenever a creature you controls mutates, Mutagen Howler and that creature each gain trample until end of turn. If Mutagen Howler was the mutated creature, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
4/4

IIW: real-life characters for Universes Beyond: Assassin's Creed
And just an Ikoria mutate lord, I like it.
Ulka wrote:
2 months ago
Ulamog's Mutagener2CC
Creature - Eldrazi Mutant (R)
Mutate 2C
Devoid (this Creature has no color)
Trample, Annihilator 1
\Whenever Ulamog's Mutagener mutates or deals combat damage to a player, create two 0/1 colorless Eldrazi Spawn creature tokens. They have "Sacrifice this creature: Add C."
4/3

IIW: Eldrazi have taken over more mechanics of the multiverse
Eldrazi on Ikoria, that sounds worrying.
OneAndOnly wrote:
2 months ago
Duddergum Cruncher -- 3RRR
Creature - Dwarf Barbarian {R}
Trample
Duddergum Cruncher deals excess damage in the form of destroying that many artifacts.
6/4
If I Win: Creature with silly-sounding names
Interesting mechanical battle with this creature, where if you want to destroy artifacts, you have to know how you can assign trample damage.

Winner: @lookingupanddown
Next: real-life characters for Universes Beyond: Assassin's Creed

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 months ago

Looking through the list, Benjamin Franklin seems pretty unproblematic. Also he was the Founding Father with the lightning powers, right?

Benjamin Franklin
2{U}{R}
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (M)
When Benjamin Franklin enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature token with flying named Kite and a 1/2 red Construct artifact creature named Lightning Rod with defender, reach, and "2, T: Change the target of target spell or ability to Lightning Rod."
1{U}{R}, Tap two untapped artifacts you control, T: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
1/3

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos

Edward Teach, Blackbeard 2UB
Legendary Creature - Human Pirate
Menace
1r: Pirates you control get +1/+0 and gain menace until end of turn.
Whenever you attack a defending player with three or more pirates, destroy target tapped creature that defending player controls.
3/4
Hamilton card, not entry
Show
Hide
Based a lot on Alexander Clamilton, and the musical

Alexander Hamilton 1wu
Legendary creature - human advisor rebel
Aaron Burr, sir - when Alexander Hamilton etbs, choose a legendary creature name. Whenever an opponent casts a spell with the chosen name, attacks with a creature with the chosen name, or activates an ability of a card with the chosen name, create a treasure token.
Sacrifice three treasure tokens, : copy target wordy spell you control. The copy is not legendary
2/2
IIW: Cards you'd have liked to see in an earlier UB product (Link to list of used IPs)
Last edited by chetoos 2 months ago, edited 3 times in total.

chetoos

If characters only mentioned in the games are up for adapting, I'd love to do an actual alexander hamilton card.

lookingupanddown

chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
If characters only mentioned in the games are up for adapting, I'd love to do an actual alexander hamilton card.
I don't see why not, but the problem would be connecting it to the characters already in the game.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

i haven't creeded an assassin in like fifteen years and don't know any of the dorks (affectionate) from it so I'm gonna make some things instead

Spear of Leonidas 1GW
Legendary Artifact — Equipment (R)
When Spear of Leonidas enters the battlefield, attach it to target legendary creature you control.
Equipped creature gets +3/+3 and has reach.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, up to one target creature blocks it this combat if able.
Equip

Apple of Eden 2WW
Legendary Artifact (MR)
Ward
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a creature becomes tapped or enters the battlefield tapped, put a destiny counter on Apple of Eden.
, Remove forty destiny counters from Apple of Eden: You win the game. Activate only as a sorcery.

chetoos

spacemonaut wrote:
2 months ago
i haven't creeded an assassin in like fifteen years and don't know any of the dorks (affectionate) from it so I'm gonna make some things instead

TBF, the prompt is for the real life peeps that are in the games, so you've got Caesar, Socrates, Charles Dickens, mary read, etc.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
spacemonaut wrote:
2 months ago

TBF, the prompt is for the real life peeps that are in the games, so you've got Caesar, Socrates, Charles Dickens, mary read, etc.
Yeah but they're fictionalised versions playing different roles from their real life counterparts. Leonardo da Vinci to us is a famous painter and engineer and polymath, but in Assassin's Creed he's specifically the guy making assassination gadgets and weaponry for Ezio. Is Charles Dickens a humble author or is he actually secretly a templar commanding an army of thousands and conspiring to demolish a public building? I don't really know.

I do know about the apple though and I have seen what the spear does in my friend's stream of the game.

chetoos

spacemonaut wrote:
2 months ago
chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
spacemonaut wrote:
2 months ago

Yeah but they're fictionalised versions playing different roles from their real life counterparts. Leonardo da Vinci to us is a famous painter and engineer and polymath, but in Assassin's Creed he's specifically the guy making assassination gadgets and weaponry for Ezio. Is Charles Dickens a humble author or is he actually secretly a templar commanding an army of thousands and conspiring to demolish a public building? I don't really know.

I do know about the apple though and I have seen what the spear does in my friend's stream of the game.
Good point. My card is mostly just a pirate lord, with the activated ability to reference his fuse trick

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 months ago

Richard the Lionheart WR
Legendary Creature - Human Noble
Haste, Vigilance
Other creature you control get +1/+1.
At the end of combat, each player that was dealt combat damage, creates a 1/1 red Survivor creature token.
2/2

IIW: Signal post cards for Parley
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

lookingupanddown

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 months ago
Looking through the list, Benjamin Franklin seems pretty unproblematic. Also he was the Founding Father with the lightning powers, right?

Benjamin Franklin
2{U}{R}
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (M)
When Benjamin Franklin enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 blue Thopter artifact creature token with flying named Kite and a 1/2 red Construct artifact creature named Lightning Rod with defender, reach, and "2, T: Change the target of target spell or ability to Lightning Rod."
1{U}{R}, Tap two untapped artifacts you control, T: Copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
1/3

I like that Ben Franklin's famous artifacts both show off who he is, as well as fuel his last ability. I keep imagining the Precursor box he opened in Rogue as that last ability.
chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
Edward Teach, Blackbeard 2UB
Legendary Creature - Human Pirate
Menace
1r: Pirates you control get +1/+0 and gain menace until end of turn.
Whenever you attack a defending player with three or more pirates, destroy target tapped creature that defending player controls.
3/4
Hamilton card, not entry
Show
Hide
Based a lot on Alexander Clamilton, and the musical

Alexander Hamilton 1wu
Legendary creature - human advisor rebel
Aaron Burr, sir - when Alexander Hamilton etbs, choose a legendary creature name. Whenever an opponent casts a spell with the chosen name, attacks with a creature with the chosen name, or activates an ability of a card with the chosen name, create a treasure token.
Sacrifice three treasure tokens, : copy target wordy spell you control. The copy is not legendary
2/2
IIW: Cards you'd have liked to see in an earlier UB product (Link to list of used IPs)
This one leans into Blackbeard's theatrics, and it works well. The Assassinate ability feels a bit off without a nearby Edward Kenway, but it makes some amount of sense.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 months ago

Spear of Leonidas 1GW
Legendary Artifact — Equipment (R)
When Spear of Leonidas enters the battlefield, attach it to target legendary creature you control.
Equipped creature gets +3/+3 and has reach.
Whenever equipped creature attacks, up to one target creature blocks it this combat if able.
Equip

Apple of Eden 2WW
Legendary Artifact (MR)
Ward
Creatures your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a creature becomes tapped or enters the battlefield tapped, put a destiny counter on Apple of Eden.
, Remove forty destiny counters from Apple of Eden: You win the game. Activate only as a sorcery.

These are sorta based on real-life items (I guess?), so I'll accept them. Interesting choice of abilities for the does-way-too-much Spear, but it does look about as useful. The Apple also looks generic, but does reference the influence of the Apple on others surprisingly well. The actual Apple card(s) might have a wincon on it too.
Ulka wrote:
2 months ago
Richard the Lionheart WR
Legendary Creature - Human Noble
Haste, Vigilance
Other creature you control get +1/+1.
At the end of combat, each player that was dealt combat damage, creates a 1/1 red Survivor creature token.
2/2

IIW: Signal post cards for Parley
Simple and direct, like Blackbeard above. A lot more on the real-life side, but I have no idea how to put his encounter with Altaïr outside of a forced fight mechanic that wouldn't work all too well for the character.

HM: spacemonaut for Apple of Eden
Winner: @chetoos with Edward Teach, Blackbeard

Next: Cards you'd have liked to see in an earlier UB product (Link to list of used IPs)

chetoos

I will also accept Godzilla and dracula cards for this

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

I have a lot of these in mind. From LOTR:

Grimbeorn the Old 2GGW
Legendary Creature - Human Berserker (R)
Lifelink
Creatures you control have "XGG: Until end of turn, this creature gets +X/+X, gains trample, and becomes a Bear. X is this creature's power. Activate only once per turn."
As long as Grimbeorn attacked this turn, activated abilities of creatures you control cost 4 less to activate. This effect can't reduce the mana in that cost to less than one mana.
4/3

IIW: Liliana's contract demons
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

lookingupanddown

Elladan and Elrohir 2GG
Legendary Creature - Elf Scout (Rare)
Menace
Whenever Elladan and Elrohir attacks, legendary creature spells you cast cost 2 less to cast until end of turn.
Whenever Elladan and Elrohir blocks or is blocked by an Orc, Elladan and Elrohir get +2/+2 and have deathtouch until end of turn.
3/3

Oswin Converted 2UU
Legendary Artifact Creature - Dalek (Rare)
I am Human! — As long as it's your turn, Oswin Converted is a legendary 2/2 Human Advisor creature named Oswin Oswald with defender.
Hacking the Asylum: Tap or untap target permanent you don't control.
3/3

Joshua Graham, The Burned Man 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric Soldier (Rare)
Vigilance
Way of the Canaanite — Other creatures you control get +1/+1 and lose first strike.
At the beginning of your end step, for each creature you control that died this turn, destroy target tapped creature you don't control.
3/3

IIW: Phantasmal _____
Last edited by lookingupanddown 2 months ago, edited 4 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 months ago

Jurassic Park 1 and 3:

Dennis Nedry, Disgruntled Programmer
2{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Human Employee (R)
Dennis Nedry can't be blocked by artifact creatures or Walls
When Dennis Nedry enters the battlefield, look at the top two cards of target opponent's library. Exile one of them and put the other on the bottom of that library. You may play the exiled card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast that spell.
When Dennis Nedry dies, create a 3/2 black Dinosaur creature token with menace and "This creature can't block."
1/3

Ruthless Spinosaurus
4{U}{B}
Creature - Dinosaur (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, surveil 1, then Ruthless Spinosaurus explores.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, surveil 1, then Ruthless Spinosaurus explores.
Ruthless Spinosaurus can't be blocked as long as its power is 20 or greater.
6/6

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

lookingupanddown wrote:
2 months ago
Joshua Graham, The Burned Man 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric Soldier (Rare)
Vigilance
Way of the Canaanite — Other creatures you control get +1/+1 and lose first strike.
At the beginning of your end step, for each creature you control that died this turn, destroy target tapped creature you don't control.
3/3
We can't expect God to do all the work
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

From 40k (just wanted representation from different Space Marine chapters)

Kayvaan Shrike 4UB
Legendary Creature - Astartes Warrior (M)
Ward - 4, Discard two cards.
Master of Shadows - At the beginning of combat on your turn, create a 2/2 white Astartes Warrior creature token with vigilance. It gains haste until end of turn. Then you may pay 2 and discard a card. When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control and that creature can't be blocked this turn.
4/6

IIW: Clash

chetoos

Post by chetoos » 1 month ago

judging tonight.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”