NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 2 months ago

judging tonight, get your entries compleated soon!

chetoos

We begin our invasion. Gitaxias, the father of machines has created the perfect plan.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 months ago
Desecrate
{U}{U}{B}
Instant (M)
Counter target spell, activated ability, or triggered ability. If the ability of a creature, enchantment, or planeswalker is countered this way, destroy that permanent.
Hope died with Teferi's compleation.

Remember Teferi's Response before?

Sarkhan the Broken

Legendary Planeswalker - Sarkhan (M)
Compleated
+1: Exile the top two cards of your library. Until the end of your next turn, you may play those cards.
-3: Sarkhan the Broken deals 3 damage to target creature or planeswalker and 3 damage to its controller.
-8: Create a 6/6 black and red Phyrexian Dragon artifact creature token with flying, menace and trample. Cast any number of Dragon cards exiled with Sarkhan without paying their mana costs.
<7>

IIW: Insect
Yes, compleating the time mage will give us incredible tactical benefits, as will the wild dragon man. Imagine deciding to compleate a red green animal related planeswalker, and going with Lukka, instead of the clearly superior Sarkhan.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 months ago
The Twin Thanes 2(u/r/p)B
Legendary Planeswalker - Will Rowan
Compleated
Whenever you cast or copy an instant or sorcery spell, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
+1: Surveil 1. Create a 2/2 blue and red Phyrexian Elemental creature token.
-9: You gain an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, scry 1, then reveal the top card of your library. If an instant or sorcery card is revealed this way, exile it. Until the end of your next turn, you may cast that spell without paying its mana cost."

Grim Resolution 3BG
Instant
Destroy target nonland permanent. If a creature or planeswalker is destroyed this way, return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
"Against the Phyrexians I fought alongside Algenus and Linden, fought for Erec and Hazel, and fought against Will and Rowan. My oath has ended, but at what cost?"
—Garruk Wildspeaker

IIW: Amalia Benavides Aguirre in Murders at Karlov Manor
Two planeswalkers for one spark, we only needed to compleate the sister, and her brother fell under our sway as well. With their paired magics, we can't lose. The huntsman will not stand in our way, he will aid Vorinclex before too long.
Ulka wrote:
2 months ago
Grist, Hunger of the Many (B/g/p)
Legendary Planeswalker - Grist
Compleated ((b/g/p) can be paid with G, B, or 2 life. If life was paid, this planeswalker enters with two fewer loyalty counters.)
As long as Grist, Hunger of the Many isn't on the battlefield, it's a 1/1 Phyrexian Insect creature with Infect in addition to its other types.
+1: Create a 1/1 green Phyrexian Insect creature token with infect.
-1: Each player sacrifices a creature.
-5:You get an emblem with "At the beginning of each end step, if a creature died this turn, create a 1/1 green Phyrexian Insect creature token with infect."

IIW: Design a card for Modern Horizons 3
Finally, we come to our secret weapon. Grist is powerful as a swarm, but as individual insects? Undetectable infections throughout the multiverse. Each insect infects new hosts, spreading the oil further and further, until the whole of the multiverse is brought under our control!

WHAT? NORN, I'm working, I'll be done in a minute! Fine. These plans will have to wait, apparently we lost tibalt, and gained Lukka. Ugh, Norn never listens to my plans.

Winner: @lookingupanddown
Next: Amalia Benavides Aguirre in Murders at Karlov Manor

chetoos

Amelia, crime scene cartographer 1WB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Detective
Ward - Pay 2 life
Whenever a creature you control explores, or you sacrifice a clue, create a map token if you sacrificed a clue. Otherwise, investigate. This ability only triggers once each turn.
"It's important to know the lay of the land where the crime occurred." -Alquist Proft, master detective.
2/3
(There's got to be a way to template this how I want, but you get the gist, right?)

IIW: Omenpath an MTG character (eg: how would baral be doing on Regatha? Not good, I imagine.)
Last edited by chetoos 2 months ago, edited 4 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 2 months ago

A.B.A., Prime Suspect
1{W}{B}
Legendary Creature - Vampire Rogue (R)
When A.B.A., Prime Suspect enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, if A.B.A. is suspected, put a +1/+1 counter on it and you gain 1 life. Otherwise, suspect it.
2/2
"All we know is that she is a vampire, she is not from our world, and her initials are A.B.A., now find her!" -Ezrim, Agency Chief

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 2 months ago

Alternate prompt: Farewell sidegrade

chetoos

Command of farewell 4WW
Sorcery
Choose 2 -
Exile all creatures
exile all artifacts
exile all enchantments
exile all graveyards

IIW: the same as the other one.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 2 months ago

Pia's Reclamation 4RW
Sorcery (M)
Exile any number of target permanents that are creatures, artifacts, and/or enchantments. For each permanent exiled this way, its controller may return a permanent card that shares a card type with the exiled permanent from their graveyard to the battlefield tapped

IIW: Devotion outside Theros

lookingupanddown

chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
Amelia, crime scene cartographer 1WB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Detective
Ward - Pay 2 life
Whenever a creature you control explores, or you sacrifice a clue, create a map token if you sacrificed a clue. Otherwise, investigate. This ability only triggers once each turn.
"It's important to know the lay of the land where the crime occurred." -Alquist Proft, master detective.
2/3
(There's got to be a way to template this how I want, but you get the gist, right?)

IIW: Omenpath an MTG character (eg: how would baral be doing on Regatha? Not good, I imagine.)
Map/Clue alternating seems interesting, since there is some synergy between them. Works flavor-wise too, with Amalia mapping things out for the investigations of the Agency.
2 months ago
A.B.A., Prime Suspect
1{W}{B}
Legendary Creature - Vampire Rogue (R)
When A.B.A., Prime Suspect enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, if A.B.A. is suspected, put a +1/+1 counter on it and you gain 1 life. Otherwise, suspect it.
2/2
"All we know is that she is a vampire, she is not from our world, and her initials are A.B.A., now find her!" -Ezrim, Agency Chief

And now she's on the run. Self-synergy works well here, especially if you can move those +1/+1 counters.
chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
Command of farewell 4WW
Sorcery
Choose 2 -
Exile all creatures
exile all artifacts
exile all enchantments
exile all graveyards

IIW: the same as the other one.
This is fixed Farewell, for those of us who don't like the powercreep that sweeper brought. Plus points just for that.
spacemonaut wrote:
2 months ago
Pia's Reclamation 4RW
Sorcery (M)
Exile any number of target permanents that are creatures, artifacts, and/or enchantments. For each permanent exiled this way, its controller may return a permanent card that shares a card type with the exiled permanent from their graveyard to the battlefield tapped

IIW: Devotion outside Theros
It's more Mass Polymorph than sweeper, but that's what happens when you add red and the ability to specifically target permanents. All good.

HM: Sporegorger_Dragon for A.B.A., Prime Suspect
Winner: chetoos for Command of farewell

Next: Omenpath an MTG character (eg: how would baral be doing on Regatha? Not good, I imagine.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Nashi on Ixalan:

Nashi, Lost in Jungle
{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Rat Rogue (R)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, Nashi, Lost in Jungle explores.
At the beginning of your end step, if you descended this turn, Nashi explores.
3/3
"No internet, no computers, and no toilets. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare."

Ob on Ravnica:

Ob Nixilis on the Run
3{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Demon (R)
Flying, trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Ob Nixilis on the Run is suspected, put a +1/+1 counter it, then you draw a card and you lose 1 life. Otherwise, suspect it.
Whenever Ob Nixilis becomes suspected, it deals 2 damage to any target.
4/4
He escaped from five families out for revenge...and straight into a plane where the law held sway everywhere.

Alternate flavor text: "I can't believe I miss New Capenna."

chetoos

I'd like some more entries. I'll judge tomorrow regardless, but please more people post cards! Maybe Thalia is learning swordplay on Bant.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 2 months ago

Daxos the Tall WW
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod
Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counters on Daxos the Tall.
Whenever Daxos or a Kithkin you control attacks, scry 1 and create a food token.
2/2

IIW: Demigods from other planes besides theros
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

lookingupanddown

Lazav, Underground Spymaster 3UB
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter Assassin
3, : Lazav, Underground Spymaster becomes a copy of target creature that died this turn, except it gains "UU: Exile this creature, then return it to the battlefield tapped" and this ability.
BB, Discard a card with mana value X: Destroy target creature with mana value X. Activate only once per turn.
"A spymaster from another world. Will he choose a side, or carve out his network from the foundations of the city?"
—Leovold, emissary of Trest

2/4

chetoos

I almost missed this because I was a cat on Bloomburrow this weekend. I'm back now.
2 months ago
Nashi on Ixalan:

Nashi, Lost in Jungle
{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Rat Rogue (R)
Menace
At the beginning of your upkeep, Nashi, Lost in Jungle explores.
At the beginning of your end step, if you descended this turn, Nashi explores.
3/3
"No internet, no computers, and no toilets. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare."

Ob on Ravnica:

Ob Nixilis on the Run
3{B}{R}
Legendary Creature - Demon (R)
Flying, trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Ob Nixilis on the Run is suspected, put a +1/+1 counter it, then you draw a card and you lose 1 life. Otherwise, suspect it.
Whenever Ob Nixilis becomes suspected, it deals 2 damage to any target.
4/4
He escaped from five families out for revenge...and straight into a plane where the law held sway everywhere.

Alternate flavor text: "I can't believe I miss New Capenna."

Ob on the run? instead of band on the run? Also, it's amusing to imagine Nashi landing on Useless Island, aka the island that Jace was on on Ixalan at first. I don't want to imagine what Nashi is "descending" there, though. (You're the one who mentioned toilets.)
Ulka wrote:
2 months ago
Daxos the Tall WW
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Demigod
Whenever you gain life, put a +1/+1 counters on Daxos the Tall.
Whenever Daxos or a Kithkin you control attacks, scry 1 and create a food token.
2/2

IIW: Demigods from other planes besides theros
Daxos on llorwyn, interesting. I like adding food to Llorwyn's trick bag.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 months ago
Lazav, Underground Spymaster 3UB
Legendary Creature - Shapeshifter Assassin
3, : Lazav, Underground Spymaster becomes a copy of target creature that died this turn, except it gains "UU: Exile this creature, then return it to the battlefield tapped" and this ability.
BB, Discard a card with mana value X: Destroy target creature with mana value X. Activate only once per turn.
"A spymaster from another world. Will he choose a side, or carve out his network from the foundations of the city?"
—Leovold, emissary of Trest

2/4
As if Lazav would ever be so overt as to lead other spies to realize he's not from around there.

Winner: It would be lookingupanddown, but they didn't include an IIW, so I'm gonna give it to @Ulka
Next: Demigods from other planes besides Theros.

chetoos

Freydis Esikasdottir 2G
Legendary Creature - Human Demigod
If you would create any number of creature tokens, create those tokens and a 2/2 green cat creature token instead.
Cats you control have ": add one mana of any color."
wubrg, : reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card or a planeswalker card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
A foundling, she learned of her heritage when the rainbows would always shine brightest around her.
2/4

IIW: Trample or mutate

chetoos

Can we get more entries, so I don't have a shutout victory again?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 months ago

Asfsdf I love this challenge I just need a little more time to enter @Ulka plz don't close too soon
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Vsebolk, Svyelun's Chosen UU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Demigod (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay X and shuffle X Merfolk cards from your hand and/or graveyard into your library. If you do, draw X cards. (Reveal cards from your hand you shuffle in this way.)
3U: Vsebolk gains protection from non-Merfolk creatures until end of turn. If you control two or more other Merfolk, put a +1/+1 counter on Vsebolk.
2/2

IIW: Soft removal
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

I'm going to judge this afternoon/evening so y'all have 3-5 more hours to enter cards

chetoos

Djeru, chosen of Hazoret 2RW
Legendary Creature - Demigod
Vigilance, ward 2
Whenever Djeru attacks, it deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker defending player controls. If you have one or less cards in hand, it deals 1 damage to each creature and each planeswalker defending player controls instead.
3/3

Ulka

Mortals, Divines, and those somewhere in-between here we will be watching the three chosen Demigods to face their trials. Who will come out victorious? Only time will tell. No not you Kronos.
chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
Freydis Esikasdottir 2G
Legendary Creature - Human Demigod
If you would create any number of creature tokens, create those tokens and a 2/2 green cat creature token instead.
Cats you control have ": add one mana of any color."
wubrg, : reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card or a planeswalker card. Put that card onto the battlefield and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
A foundling, she learned of her heritage when the rainbows would always shine brightest around her.
2/4

IIW: Trample or mutate
Hailing from the Rainbows of Valhalla and the Cosmos, she has known nothing but the Divine and has had to earn her place. A worthy Contender.
void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
Vsebolk, Svyelun's Chosen UU
Legendary Creature - Merfolk Demigod (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay X and shuffle X Merfolk cards from your hand and/or graveyard into your library. If you do, draw X cards. (Reveal cards from your hand you shuffle in this way.)
3U: Vsebolk gains protection from non-Merfolk creatures until end of turn. If you control two or more other Merfolk, put a +1/+1 counter on Vsebolk.
2/2

IIW: Soft removal
Vsebolk is a rare Dominarian Demigod as the gods of Dominaria are mortal who rose to power. However Svyelun is one of the rare deities that was never mortal. I can only imagine her chosen offspring are nearly as powerful.
chetoos wrote:
2 months ago
Djeru, chosen of Hazoret 2RW
Legendary Creature - Demigod
Vigilance, ward 2
Whenever Djeru attacks, it deals 1 damage to target creature or planeswalker defending player controls. If you have one or less cards in hand, it deals 1 damage to each creature and each planeswalker defending player controls instead.
3/3
Djeru not a demigod by birth but was raised by the last surviving Deity of Amonkeht. As a sole chosen he has never known the combat of other demi gods but rather fought god, planeswalkers and his best friend. A formidable foe to say the least.
The True Chosen
Show
Hide
Djeru, chosen of Hazoret and his creator chetoos
NEXT
Show
Hide
Trample or mutate

Sporegorger_Dragon

Cytoplastoderm
2{G}{U}
Creature - Beast Mutant (U)
Graft 3
Trample
When this creature mutates, double the number of +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0
Some of Momir Vig's experiments still survive and evade capture.

IIW: Multicolored Insect

chetoos

Can we get more entries? I don't want this thread to die out

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

CF just goes through a bit of a slumber sometimes, it'll be back to higher activity in time

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

But yeah I'm gonna enter

Unbreakable Thundertusk 3WW
Creature - Elephant (M)
Trample, ward 4
Whenever Unbreakable Thundertusk deals combat damage to a player, untap each nonland permanent you control. Then, for each creature you control with outlast, add mana equal to that creature's outlast cost. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.
1{G/W}{W/B}: Exile target creature blocking Unbreakable Thundertusk.
4/5

IIW: Red +0/+N (Stonehands, Earth Servant, etc.)

Ulka

Spider Legs
Creature - Spider Mutant
Mutate 1G
(Nonexistent mana costs can't be paid.)
Spider Legs can only mutate under other creatures.
Whenever this creature mutates, it gains deathtouch until the end of turn.
Reach
0/0

IIW: Keyword Soup Creatures that feel fun to play.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”