NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 month ago

Semi-Symbiotic Mutation
Creature - Mutant
(Nonexistent mana costs can't be paid.)
Mutate 1BG
Semi- Symbiotic Mutation can only mutate underneath other creatures.
1G: Regenerate Semi-Symbiotic Mutation.
Whenever Semi-Symbiotic Mutation mutates, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Whenever Semi-Symbiotic Mutation would die, instead exile any creatures mutated above Semi-Symbiotic Mutation and then transform Semi-Symbiotic Mutation then mutate any creatures exiled this way underneath this card.
0/0

//

Mutating Fleshbag 3BG
Creature - Mutant
Deathtouch
Whenever a creature you control dies, mutate it underneath Mutating Fleshbag.
Whenever Mutating Fleshbag mutates, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
"Once it help grow but then it died now what dies grows."
2/2

IIW: Fun with Mutate
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 month ago

Volatile Bonnacon

Creature - Ox Beast (R)
Menace
When Volatile Bonnacon dies, it deals damage equal to the difference between its power and toughness to any target.
5/3
This foul beast defends itself with a fiery blast of burning dung.
===============
Explosive Diarrhea
4{B}{B}{R}{R}
Sorcery
Destroy target creature or planeswalker. When you do, Explosive Diarrhea deals damage equal to that permanent's mana value divided as you choose among any number of targets.
Watch out for splash damage.

IIW: Nonred Goblin
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 month ago

Surrak, Savage Leader 2GR
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior
Trample, other Creatures you control have trample.
If a creature you control would fight, instead put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, then it fights.
3U: Draw a card for each creature you control with power 4 or greater.
"The strength of the Temur lies in our bonds with each other. Even our strongest, alone, is nothing compared to the might of our clan."
5/5
//
Surrak, strongarm 2GG
Trample
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Surrak this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Surrak.
Whenever one or more creatures an opponent controls dies, create a food token. This ability only triggers once each turn.
"Only the strong are fit to have an honored seat at Atarka's fires. Come back when you have earned your place."
5/4

IIW: Same as above.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Blooming Field 2gG
Enchantment
Whenever you tap a basic land while casting a creature spell, if the mana produced shares a color with that spell, add an additional mana of that type.
"Look at this wonderful field, we'll be fed for the rest of our days." - Mabel, heir to cragflame
//
Hidden Burrow 1WW
Enchantment
Creatures can't attack you or a planeswalker you control unless their controller pays for each creature beyond the first.
"You can have all the great fields you want, just give me a hole to bury myself in, and I'll be fine." - Byrke

IIW: Universes Beyond: Cartoon Network, or cases or sprees.
A neat toolbox card - the front half is more for being "the beatdown" and going on the offensive, and the back half is quite obviously defensive, which is a good dynamic. I like the design of the back better just because the front adds some unnecessary complication to what should be a somewhat simple Heartbeat of Spring effect.
Ulka wrote:
1 month ago
Semi-Symbiotic Mutation
Creature - Mutant
(Nonexistent mana costs can't be paid.)
Mutate 1BG
Semi- Symbiotic Mutation can only mutate underneath other creatures.
1G: Regenerate Semi-Symbiotic Mutation.
Whenever Semi-Symbiotic Mutation mutates, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Whenever Semi-Symbiotic Mutation would die, instead exile any creatures mutated above Semi-Symbiotic Mutation and then transform Semi-Symbiotic Mutation then mutate any creatures exiled this way underneath this card.
0/0

//

Mutating Fleshbag 3BG
Creature - Mutant
Deathtouch
Whenever a creature you control dies, mutate it underneath Mutating Fleshbag.
Whenever Mutating Fleshbag mutates, put two +1/+1 counters on it.
"Once it help grow but then it died now what dies grows."
2/2

IIW: Fun with Mutate
Not relevant to my actual feelings on this card, but mutate is actually not a keyword action: Creature spells cast for their mutate cost "merge" with other creatures in rules terms. This is definitely innovative, but definitely too complicated, and also doesn't quite work as written - MDFCs don't transform, to my Jxnny disappointment.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 month ago
Volatile Bonnacon

Creature - Ox Beast (R)
Menace
When Volatile Bonnacon dies, it deals damage equal to the difference between its power and toughness to any target.
5/3
This foul beast defends itself with a fiery blast of burning dung.
===============
Explosive Diarrhea
4{B}{B}{R}{R}
Sorcery
Destroy target creature or planeswalker. When you do, Explosive Diarrhea deals damage equal to that permanent's mana value divided as you choose among any number of targets.
Watch out for splash damage.

IIW: Nonred Goblin
I really like the design space that Vile Bonnacon uses. Auger Spree wombo combo! I'm... not enthused... about the name of the back side although yes I know what the mythological bonnacon's whole deal was. Regardless, it's a fun crazy Phthisis/Backlash variant and having a bonnacon creature makes me long for a medieval bestiary/heraldry set.
chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Surrak, Savage Leader 2GR
Trample, other Creatures you control have trample.
If a creature you control would fight, instead put a +1/+1 counter on that creature, then it fights.
3U: Draw a card for each creature you control with power 4 or greater.
"The strength of the Temur lies in our bonds with each other. Even our strongest, alone, is nothing compared to the might of our clan."
5/5
//
Surrak, strongarm 2GG
Trample
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Surrak this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Surrak.
Whenever one or more creatures an opponent controls dies, create a food token. This ability only triggers once each turn.
"Only the strong are fit to have an honored seat at Atarka's fires. Come back when you have earned your place."
5/4

IIW: Same as above.
I love love love the idea of cross-timeline MDFCs for Tarkir, but these Surraks might be too similar for my tastes and both are also quite text-heavy (the back half being less so).

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon
Next: Nonred Goblin
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Nog Anoganog, junior detective 2WW
Legendary Creature - Goblin Detective
When Nog enters, create Valencia, a legendary 2/2 red dog detective creature token with "Whenever you sacrifice a clue, you may pay 1r. If you do, each creature you control gets +1/+0 until end of turn."
As long as you control a dog, Nog has first strike.
Whenever a dog you control deals combat damage to a player, investigate.
2/2

Redcap enforcer 2bb
Creature - goblin rogue
Wither
When this creature enters, if no mana was spent to cast it, or it wasn't cast, it deals damage equal to its power to target creature.
Plot 3b
2/2

Last edited by chetoos 1 month ago, edited 2 times in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 month ago

Sknizzikch, Knighted Poet 2W
Legendary Creature - Goblin Knight Bard (U)
Vigilance, First Strike, Protection from Giants
Whenever Sknizzikch, Knighted Poet attacks, return up to one saga card from your graveyard to hand. If you have a full party instead return the saga to the battlefield instead.
2/2

IIW: Characters you have met in roleplaying games like DnD or an RPG video game
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Grubbing Spriggan 1GG
Creature - Goblin Warrior (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1. If you do, create a Food token for each counter on that creature.
Whenever a creature you control dies, you may pay GG. If you do, create a 2/2 green and blue Insect Horror creature token with trample and vigilance for each counter on that creature.
Persist
Strange thing under rock - Spriggan expression meaning "stroke of great luck"
3/3

IIW: Make a card that you feel another CF poster would like
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

I mean... I know another easy way to design a non-red goblin. The problem is...

Griphook, antisemetic caricature 1WB
Legendary Creature - Goblin Advisor
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to one of your opponents, that creature's controller creates a treasure token.
Have Griphook's controller gain control of X treasures you control: Gain control of target artifact with mana value twice X or less until end of turn. Untap it. If it's a creature, it gains haste until end of turn.
"Yes, our big nosed bankers definitely need a star of david in their floor tiling." Chris Columbus, director of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
2/2

IIW: Same as above

Sporegorger_Dragon

*emerges caked with soil from burrow located in an undeveloped lot behind a 7-11*

Right, on with it!
chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Nog Anoganog, junior detective 2WW
Legendary Creature - Goblin Detective
When Nog enters, create Valencia, a legendary 2/2 red dog detective creature token with "Whenever you sacrifice a clue, you may pay 1r. If you do, each creature you control gets +1/+0 until end of turn."
As long as you control a dog, Nog has first strike.
Whenever a dog you control deals combat damage to a player, investigate.
2/2

Redcap enforcer 2bb
Creature - goblin rogue
Wither
When this creature enters, if no mana was spent to cast it, or it wasn't cast, it deals damage equal to its power to target creature.
Plot 3b
2/2

We've got our 2nd Scooby-Doo riff here. Naturally, Nog here is going to compared to Sophia, Dogged Detective, of the two Sophia provides better stats, more token production and a more permanent boost, but I get the feeling that Nog was meant to in-color with Meddling Youths.

I'd prefer it if Nog had a different investigate trigger, to differentiate from Sophia more.

Redcap enforcer is a nice callback, but I feel there's a missed opportunity to have in the plot cost.
Ulka wrote:
1 month ago
Sknizzikch, Knighted Poet 2W
Legendary Creature - Goblin Knight Bard (U)
Vigilance, First Strike, Protection from Giants
Whenever Sknizzikch, Knighted Poet attacks, return up to one saga card from your graveyard to hand. If you have a full party instead return the saga to the battlefield instead.
2/2

IIW: Characters you have met in roleplaying games like DnD or an RPG video game
Goblin Knight Bard seems very off-brand, but I get the feeling that this Knight, while possessing a strong sense of justice and honor, is also a bit of a braggart and prone to exaggeration, and perhaps has the bad habit of appropriating the achievements of others, which all feels very Goblin-like to me.

I feel though, that this is a bit above Uncommon, more like a Rare to me, since recurring the right Saga might be quite potent, even if it's just to hand. Full-party bonus seems perfectly fine.
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Grubbing Spriggan 1GG
Creature - Goblin Warrior (R)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay 1. If you do, create a Food token for each counter on that creature.
Whenever a creature you control dies, you may pay GG. If you do, create a 2/2 green and blue Insect Horror creature token with trample and vigilance for each counter on that creature.
Persist
Strange thing under rock - Spriggan expression meaning "stroke of great luck"
3/3

IIW: Make a card that you feel another CF poster would like
Ohoho, this feels like an evolution of Hungry Spriggan. Naturally, this card ticks off a lot of my proclivities; tokens, tokens based on counters, and Insect Horrors. I can see a sort of "persist matters" in Simic Shadowmoor.

Plus I like the "low fantasy" feel of this; this card could have easily been represented as a mutant or something causing parasitic growths on those around it, but instead befitting Shadowmoor it's just a very lucky spriggan who is finding all sorts of goodies.
chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
I mean... I know another easy way to design a non-red goblin. The problem is...

Griphook, antisemetic caricature 1WB
Legendary Creature - Goblin Advisor
Whenever a creature deals combat damage to one of your opponents, that creature's controller creates a treasure token.
Have Griphook's controller gain control of X treasures you control: Gain control of target artifact with mana value twice X or less until end of turn. Untap it. If it's a creature, it gains haste until end of turn.
"Yes, our big nosed bankers definitely need a star of david in their floor tiling." Chris Columbus, director of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
2/2

IIW: Same as above
Really? We were doing so well too for the first 23 hours. I know it's satire, but still; there's a time and place, etc.

Do I really want to judge this?

Results:
Welp, chetoos did well, but erased all the goodwill of their first entry with the submission of the second, so I gotta give the win to void_nothing.

Next:
Make a card that you feel another CF poster would like

chetoos

I'm not going to apologize for my opinion on HP, but the public bashing was too much, I'm sorry.

Now, for the current contest, @Sporegorger_Dragon is too easy:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Some pitcher plant |mana|sultai colors|mana|
Probably creature type - plant
Eats a creature for some benefit
Defender, deathtouch
Less/more

Iiw: cool prompt
So I'll find someone else to make a card for
Last edited by chetoos 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

1) Does the Harry Potter verse have a shocking quantity of ugly stereotypes in it, foreshadowing JKR's later opinions? Yes. Do I feel like discussing that on MTGN? Nah, I had my fill of that on Tumblr a decade ago lol

2) Sporegorger's design preferences are so well-known that I'd honestly be inclined to give bonus points to a card for them that's RW

3) ...yeah my design for the last challenge was a blatant appeal card but also I legit wanted to make one of the kinds of nonred gobbos from Lorwyn/Shadowmoor so there you go. Thanks for the win and I'll judge tomorrow if we get enough entries!

chetoos

Real entry, for @Ulka . Likes Aggro, and zoo

Ketria Larva
Creature - insect elemental
Flying
Ketria Larva has haste as long as you control a mountain
Ketria Larva gets +1/+1 as long as you control a forest
1/1

Iiw: Universes Beyond: Cartoon Network, or cases or sprees.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Invasive Iguana
{G}
Creature - Lizard (C)
Invasive Iguana gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain or Swamp.
1/2

For Ulka; new Kird Ape for Pauper Zoo.

Tentacled Schemer
2{U}
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (C)
Ward {1}
When Tentacled Schemer enters the battlefield, it connives.
2/1

For Ulka; Pauper Cephalid that goes anywhere.

Iliktu, Chum Connoisseur
[Mr. Krabs, Krabby Patty Purveyor]
1{U}{U}{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Crab (M)
Exploit
Whenever a creature you control exploits a creature, Iliktu connives and you create a Food token.
Whenever a creature attacks one of your opponents, that creature's controller creates a Food token and you create a Treasure token.
{1}, Sacrifice a token: Iliktu connives.
3/4

For chetoos: Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.

Sinister Meeting
1{B}{R}
Sorcery (U)
Target player draw three cards, then loses 2 life and exiles two cards from their hand. They may play those exiled cards until the end of their next turn.
"You have a whole guild to yourself? Tell me more..." -Ob Nixilis, to Rakdos

Forgotten Threads
1{R}{W}
Sorcery (U)
Exile target card from your graveyard and create a 3/2 red and white Spirit creature token. You may play the exiled card until the beginning of your next turn.
"Wait, has anyone seen Agrus Kos?" -Bell Borca

For void_nothing; callbacks to previous plots.

IIW: Blue Dragon
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

And it's overly complicated, just like I like it

Sporegorger_Dragon

For NinjaCaterpie, 3-mana value tricolor spells:

Drake of Eldritch Cosmos
{U}{B}{R}
Creature - Drake Horror (U)
Flying
Drake of Eldritch Cosmos's power is equal to the total number of instant and sorcery cards you own in exile and in your graveyard.
When Drake of Eldritch Cosmos enters the battlefield, you draw a card and lose 1 life.
*/3

Coastal Felidar
{G}{W}{U}
Creature - Cat Beast (U)
Vigilance
Whenever another creature with vigilance enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card.
3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I will actually judge tomorrow morning because I was hoping for a few more.

chetoos

For @NinjaCaterpie because who doesn't like a good vanity card

Spring leaf worm gu
Creature - insect ninja
Skulk
Ninjutsu 3gu
If its ninjutsu cost was paid, spring leaf worm enters the battlefield with 5 +1/+1 counters, a flying counter, and a trample counter on it
Whenever spring leaf worm deals combat damage to a player, put a stun counter on each of up that many creatures that player controls.
1/1

Iiw: same as above

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Judging in a few hours, sorry for the further delay.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Real entry, for @Ulka . Likes Aggro, and zoo

Ketria Larva
Creature - insect elemental
Flying
Ketria Larva has haste as long as you control a mountain
Ketria Larva gets +1/+1 as long as you control a forest
1/1

Iiw: Universes Beyond: Cartoon Network, or cases or sprees.
Simple, effective, worth playing/swapping white for blue or going RGWU. Ulka would approve of this, I think.
1 month ago
Invasive Iguana
{G}
Creature - Lizard (C)
Invasive Iguana gets +1/+1 as long as you control a Mountain or Swamp.
1/2

For Ulka; new Kird Ape for Pauper Zoo.

Tentacled Schemer
2{U}
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (C)
Ward {1}
When Tentacled Schemer enters the battlefield, it connives.
2/1

For Ulka; Pauper Cephalid that goes anywhere.

Iliktu, Chum Connoisseur
[Mr. Krabs, Krabby Patty Purveyor]
1{U}{U}{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Crab (M)
Exploit
Whenever a creature you control exploits a creature, Iliktu connives and you create a Food token.
Whenever a creature attacks one of your opponents, that creature's controller creates a Food token and you create a Treasure token.
{1}, Sacrifice a token: Iliktu connives.
3/4

For chetoos: Mr. Krabs from Spongebob.

Sinister Meeting
1{B}{R}
Sorcery (U)
Target player draw three cards, then loses 2 life and exiles two cards from their hand. They may play those exiled cards until the end of their next turn.
"You have a whole guild to yourself? Tell me more..." -Ob Nixilis, to Rakdos

Forgotten Threads
1{R}{W}
Sorcery (U)
Exile target card from your graveyard and create a 3/2 red and white Spirit creature token. You may play the exiled card until the beginning of your next turn.
"Wait, has anyone seen Agrus Kos?" -Bell Borca

For void_nothing; callbacks to previous plots.

Invasive Iguana is - well, I see where you're coming from, but Zoo doesn't need MORE copies of pretty much exactly Kird Ape (only reversed). Tentacled Schemer is a simple design that's VERY niche for Ulka I'd say. Iliktu is quite flavorful but is probably leaning on the two-ability-words thing too much, and yeah, that's a chetoos card alright. I do like what you came up with for me - Forgotten Threads being the superior design imo although it's got more of a Lorehold than a Boros feel - but callbacks to even OLDER plots would be even better.
1 month ago
For NinjaCaterpie, 3-mana value tricolor spells:

Drake of Eldritch Cosmos
{U}{B}{R}
Creature - Drake Horror (U)
Flying
Drake of Eldritch Cosmos's power is equal to the total number of instant and sorcery cards you own in exile and in your graveyard.
When Drake of Eldritch Cosmos enters the battlefield, you draw a card and lose 1 life.
*/3

Coastal Felidar
{G}{W}{U}
Creature - Cat Beast (U)
Vigilance
Whenever another creature with vigilance enters the battlefield under your control, draw a card.
3/3

Drake of Eldritch Cosmos, being so close to Crackling Drake, feels way more UR, with the black mana feeling like a total afterthought. The Felidar, however? Very nice.
chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
For @NinjaCaterpie because who doesn't like a good vanity card

Spring leaf worm gu
Creature - insect ninja
Skulk
Ninjutsu 3gu
If its ninjutsu cost was paid, spring leaf worm enters the battlefield with 5 +1/+1 counters, a flying counter, and a trample counter on it
Whenever spring leaf worm deals combat damage to a player, put a stun counter on each of up that many creatures that player controls.
1/1

Iiw: same as above
Woof that's a big bonus for using ninjutsu. Too big for the cost, I'd say. I like the design space going on here - always been partial to anything that feels like a Volver, and the saboteur ability is an interesting form of soft removal - but the costing is all kinda off imo.

Winner: @chetoos, for Ketria Larva
Next: Universes Beyond: Cartoon Network, or Cases, or sprees

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Drake of Eldritch Cosmos, being so close to Crackling Drake, feels way more , with the black mana feeling like a total afterthought.
True, but I've always thought that the Izzet spelldrakes could bleed into Grixis. I knew I should've named it Kess's Drake :P

I always though black would be third in the whole flashback thing, with its focus on the GY and cards like Kess, Dralnu, Mystical Teachings, etc, but it turns out Green is third in flashback density.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Must...resist...

Edit: SPONGEBOB'S NOT CARTOON NETWORK %$#%&@#! I'll think of something later

Edit2:

UNACCEPTABLE!
2{U}{U}
Instant (U)
This spell can't be countered.
Exile target spell.

Floop
1{U}
Instant (C)
Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it. If that creature is a Boar, draw a card.

Doughnut Witch
2{B}
Creature - Hag Warlock (U)
When Doughnut Witch enters the battlefield, create a Food token.
1{U}, Sacrifice a Food, {T}: Create a Cursed Role token attached to target creature. That creature loses all abilities until end of turn.
2/3
"Magicusnomoreicus!"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Case of the Massive Tracks 6GG
Enchantment - Case (R)
When this Case enters the battlefield, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.
To solve - You control a creature with reach, a creature with trample, and a creature with hexproof.
Solved - Creatures you control get +3/+3 and have reach, trample, and hexproof.

IIW: What if Oasis got to be a land type instead of Desert?

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 month ago

Prisoner 775 is Missing XWW
Enchantment - Case (Rare)
When this Case enters the battlefield, exile up to X target Aliens until this Case leaves the battlefield.
To solve — A creature entered the battlefield from exile this turn. (If unsolved, solve at the beginning of your end step.)
Solved — 3WW, Sacrifice this Case: Put all cards exiled by this Case into their owners' graveyards. For each card put there this way, its owner creates a 1/1 white Alien Soldier creature token.

Vreedle Repossession R
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Spree (Choose one or more additional costs.)
+ 3 — Gain control of target artifact or creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
+ 2R — Sacrifice target artifact or creature you control. Vreedle Repossession deals damage to any target equal to that sacrificed permanent's mana value.
"Who in their right mind would hire the Vreedle Brothers to bring someone back alive?!"
—Judge Domstol

IIW: more Mounts

chetoos

Well, I guess I'd better judge before they get too numerous to handle.
1 month ago
Must...resist...

Edit: SPONGEBOB'S NOT CARTOON NETWORK %$#%&@#! I'll think of something later

Edit2:

UNACCEPTABLE!
2{U}{U}
Instant (U)
This spell can't be countered.
Exile target spell.

Floop
1{U}
Instant (C)
Tap target creature and put a stun counter on it. If that creature is a Boar, draw a card.

Doughnut Witch
2{B}
Creature - Hag Warlock (U)
When Doughnut Witch enters the battlefield, create a Food token.
1{U}, Sacrifice a Food, {T}: Create a Cursed Role token attached to target creature. That creature loses all abilities until end of turn.
2/3
"Magicusnomoreicus!"

I love that you went deep into lore for Adventure Time here, but flooping the pig was seen as a beneficial action for the flooper. I understand the reference, but the card wars action taken was not the same.
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Case of the Massive Tracks 6GG
Enchantment - Case (R)
When this Case enters the battlefield, you may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.
To solve - You control a creature with reach, a creature with trample, and a creature with hexproof.
Solved - Creatures you control get +3/+3 and have reach, trample, and hexproof.

IIW: What if Oasis got to be a land type instead of Desert?
Clever using a combination that doesn't exist on a single card, unless you count a recent combat trick from one of those sets. Seems pretty expensive, especially since 8 mana gets you every creature card in your hand now.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 month ago
Prisoner 775 is Missing XWW
Enchantment - Case (Rare)
When this Case enters the battlefield, exile up to X target Aliens until this Case leaves the battlefield.
To solve — A creature entered the battlefield from exile this turn. (If unsolved, solve at the beginning of your end step.)
Solved — 3WW, Sacrifice this Case: Put all cards exiled by this Case into their owners' graveyards. For each card put there this way, its owner creates a 1/1 white Alien Soldier creature token.

Vreedle Repossession R
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Spree (Choose one or more additional costs.)
+ 3 — Gain control of target artifact or creature until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
+ 2R — Sacrifice target artifact or creature you control. Vreedle Repossession deals damage to any target equal to that sacrificed permanent's mana value.
"Who in their right mind would hire the Vreedle Brothers to bring someone back alive?!"
—Judge Domstol

IIW: more Mounts
Going from deep Adventure Time references to deep Ben 10 references. Both of these are after I stopped watching the series, so I'm only going to review them as designs. The first card doesn't work, because the aliens would be put back onto the battlefield before they could be put into the graveyard, but I see what you were going for. The second one doesn't work because you have to target something you control when you put the spell on the stack, which precludes the creature you stole, which seems to be the intended play pattern. Additionally, the second cost seems overcosted for a Fling. Should probably be or even instead of 2r.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon
Next: blue dragon

chetoos

Saphira Bjartskular 4uu
Legendary creature - dragon
Partners with Eragon Shadeslayer
Flying, Ward 2
Whenever Saphira Bjartskular deals combat damage to a player, look at that player's hand. If you do, you may exile a nonland card from it. For as long as that card remains exiled, its owner may play it. A spell cast this way costs more to cast. If you don't exile a card this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Saphira.
1r: Saphira and creatures you control named Eragon Shadeslayer each get +1/+0 until end of turn.
5/5
Eragon Shadeslayer
Show
Hide
Eragon Shadeslayer 3WU
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier Wizard
Partners with Saphira Bjartskular
Ward 2, First Strike
Listen and hear all - Whenever one or more creatures enters the battlefield, scry X, where X is the number of creatures that entered the battlefield.
Knowledge of the ancient language - Whenever a player casts an instant or sorcery spell from their hand, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard when that spell resolves.
Whenever Eragon attacks, you may copy a card exiled with it. You may cast the copy, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
4/4
Brom, the storyteller 3U
Legendary Creature - Human Bard
Whenever the final chapter ability of a saga you control resolves, you may create Saphira The First, a legendary blue dragon creature token with flying and "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of saga cards in your graveyard."
wubrg: Search your library for a saga card and put it onto the battlefield.
"When we tell stories about past friends, we keep them alive for just a bit longer."
2/5
had another idea for a legend from this improbable UB set
Show
Hide
Roran Stronghammer 2RW
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier
Roran can't be blocked by more than one creature.
When Roran enters, look at the top 6 cards of your library. You may reveal an equipment card from among them and put it into your hand. Put all other cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.
Roran gets +x/+x, and equip costs you activate cost x less to activate, where X is the total power gained from equipments attached to Roran. (EG: A Trusty Machete attached to Roran would give him a total of +4/+3, and reduce equip costs by )
3/3
IIW: Outlaws, or "whenever you commit a crime"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”