NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 month ago

I just realized that I asked for deep lore drops of a lot of series that I'm not really invested in! whoops!
void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
I have a lot of these in mind. From LOTR:

Grimbeorn the Old 2GGW
Legendary Creature - Human Berserker (R)
Lifelink
Creatures you control have "XGG: Until end of turn, this creature gets +X/+X, gains trample, and becomes a Bear. X is this creature's power. Activate only once per turn."
As long as Grimbeorn attacked this turn, activated abilities of creatures you control cost 4 less to activate. This effect can't reduce the mana in that cost to less than one mana.
4/3

IIW: Liliana's contract demons
Son of Beorn the shape shifter! This is a very exciting mass pump spell. I almost missed that it only doubles a power, but this is still crazy, especially with that cost reduction. Honestly, that might be too much.
lookingupanddown wrote:
2 months ago
Elladan and Elrohir 2GG
Legendary Creature - Elf Scout (Rare)
Menace
Whenever Elladan and Elrohir attacks, legendary creature spells you cast cost 2 less to cast until end of turn.
Whenever Elladan and Elrohir blocks or is blocked by an Orc, Elladan and Elrohir get +2/+2 and have deathtouch until end of turn.
3/3

Oswin Converted 2UU
Legendary Artifact Creature - Dalek (Rare)
I am Human! — As long as it's your turn, Oswin Converted is a legendary 2/2 Human Advisor creature named Oswin Oswald with defender.
Hacking the Asylum: Tap or untap target permanent you don't control.
3/3

Joshua Graham, The Burned Man 3WW
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric Soldier (Rare)
Vigilance
Way of the Canaanite — Other creatures you control get +1/+1 and lose first strike.
At the beginning of your end step, for each creature you control that died this turn, destroy target tapped creature you don't control.
3/3

IIW: Phantasmal _____
Arwen's brothers, a totally normal human, and the man who survived because fire inside fire outside blah blah blah. I know of things, but not the specific lores. For the elf buddies, I think it should be one or more orcs, don't want them getting too big, after all.
Oswin seems a little bit overcosted, honestly. The tap is very nice, but she can't ever attack... I don't really know
Josh here is an interesting trade off, but due to how timestamps work, Archetype of Courage played after him just negates his downside.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 months ago
Jurassic Park 1 and 3:

Dennis Nedry, Disgruntled Programmer
2{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Human Employee (R)
Dennis Nedry can't be blocked by artifact creatures or Walls
When Dennis Nedry enters the battlefield, look at the top two cards of target opponent's library. Exile one of them and put the other on the bottom of that library. You may play the exiled card for as long as it remains exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast that spell.
When Dennis Nedry dies, create a 3/2 black Dinosaur creature token with menace and "This creature can't block."
1/3

Ruthless Spinosaurus
4{U}{B}
Creature - Dinosaur (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, surveil 1, then Ruthless Spinosaurus explores.
Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, surveil 1, then Ruthless Spinosaurus explores.
Ruthless Spinosaurus can't be blocked as long as its power is 20 or greater.
6/6

IIW: Multicolored Insect
Perfect capture of Nedry, honestly. If they had more cards to put in, I'm sure they'd have included him. I honestly think that spinosaurus has too much card selection, though. Granted, it's not in green for ultimate landfall, but that's potentially surveil 4 over your whole turn. Messed up.
void_nothing wrote:
2 months ago
From 40k (just wanted representation from different Space Marine chapters)

Kayvaan Shrike 4UB
Legendary Creature - Astartes Warrior (M)
Ward - 4, Discard two cards.
Master of Shadows - At the beginning of combat on your turn, create a 2/2 white Astartes Warrior creature token with vigilance. It gains haste until end of turn. Then you may pay 2 and discard a card. When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control and that creature can't be blocked this turn.
4/6

IIW: Clash
That ward cost seems way too high for a removal magnet like this card. Like, you need to answer this card, but you can't Go for the Throat it without 6 mana and a 3 for 1.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon for Nedry

Next: Multicolored Insect

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 month ago

Thriss, Pit Legend 5RG
Legendary Creature - Insect Druid (M)
Whenever Thriss attacks, you may pay RRR and/or GGG. When you pay RRR, Thriss deals 7 damage to any target. When you pay GGG, target creature gets +7/+7 and gains indestructible until end of turn.
There exists an Otarian timeline when one name stands out in the annals of the Cabal fighting pits - and it is not Kamahl's.
7/7

Vishgraz, Geth Remade 1WBBBG
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Insect (M)
Trample, vigilance, toxic 1
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, exile up to one target artifact or creature card from that player's graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that card, except it's a 1/1 colorless Phyrexian Mite artifact creature with toxic 1 and "This creature can't block."
3, T: Target opponent mills X cards and you gain X life, where X is three times the number of poison counters they have.
5/5

IIW: Legends with a color identity different from their colors (like Samut, Voice of Dissent and Tawnos, Solemn Survivor)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Btw I am very glad Sporegorger won the last challenge with those cards seeing as they are probably the world's biggest fan of the LCI Jurassic Park Collection
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Harbinger of the hunger tide 2gb
Creature - insect
Menace, deathtouch
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, proliferate.
When this card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, you may remove 4 counters from among insects and grist permanents you control. When you do, return this card from the graveyard to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
1/1

Iiw: speculation for the sets this year (thunder junction, bloomburrow, Duskmourn: House of Horror)

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 month ago

Molten Sand Ants XRW
Creature - Elemental Insect (Rare)
Vigilance
Molten Sand Ants enter the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on them.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, put a +1/+1 counter on Molten Sand Ants, then it deals 2 damage to that creature.
At the beginning of your end step, if there are ten or more +1/+1 counters on Molten Sand Ants, you may remove up to five +1/+1 counters from it. When you do, create a token that's a copy of it, then put that many +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 month ago

*emerges from beehive, covered with welts and stings*

Right, let's go.
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Thriss, Pit Legend 5RG
Legendary Creature - Insect Druid (M)
Whenever Thriss attacks, you may pay RRR and/or GGG. When you pay RRR, Thriss deals 7 damage to any target. When you pay GGG, target creature gets +7/+7 and gains indestructible until end of turn.
There exists an Otarian timeline when one name stands out in the annals of the Cabal fighting pits - and it is not Kamahl's.
7/7

Vishgraz, Geth Remade 1WBBBG
Legendary Creature - Phyrexian Insect (M)
Trample, vigilance, toxic 1
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, exile up to one target artifact or creature card from that player's graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that card, except it's a 1/1 colorless Phyrexian Mite artifact creature with toxic 1 and "This creature can't block."
3, T: Target opponent mills X cards and you gain X life, where X is three times the number of poison counters they have.
5/5

IIW: Legends with a color identity different from their colors (like Samut, Voice of Dissent and Tawnos, Solemn Survivor)
Very interesting, two very deep lore-dives.

I like Thriss' theme of all 7s, and interesting attack trigger there, both effects very powerful but it's tied to an attack trigger on a 7-mana creature, so I think it's all right.

Vishgraz is more similar to my own design proclivities, I assume it was deliberate. ;) Token-producer keying off graveyard shenanigans, and its tap ability feeds into its first ability, plus allows for two more win conditions in case the poison doesn't reach critical. Life-loss, decking out, and poison for a triple whammy.
chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Harbinger of the hunger tide 2gb
Creature - insect
Menace, deathtouch
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, proliferate.
When this card is put into a graveyard from anywhere, you may remove 4 counters from among insects and grist permanents you control. When you do, return this card from the graveyard to the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
1/1

Iiw: speculation for the sets this year (thunder junction, bloomburrow, Duskmourn: House of Horror)
Ah, this must be one of the insects that makes up Grist's avatar. Interesting recursion, however as-is cannot recur on its own and needs quite the board presence, as counters on itself can't fuel the ability. I almost feel we can bump up the stats a bit.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 month ago
Molten Sand Ants XRW
Creature - Elemental Insect (Rare)
Vigilance
Molten Sand Ants enter the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on them.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, put a +1/+1 counter on Molten Sand Ants, then it deals 2 damage to that creature.
At the beginning of your end step, if there are ten or more +1/+1 counters on Molten Sand Ants, you may remove up to five +1/+1 counters from it. When you do, create a token that's a copy of it, then put that many +1/+1 counters on it.
0/0

Hmm, an interesting departure, and a bold choice to move into Boros colors. Elemental typing and molten sand help to sell it.

First and third abilities seem great, but the second ability seems a little too powerful, this thing will shut down the majority of creature token production, and can come down on turn three. Maybe a "once-per-turn" clause would be better? Or maybe have the ability affect your own critters as well.

Well, all three contestants have done well, but this round I gotta hand it to:
void_nothing!

Next:
Legends with a color identity different from their colors (like Samut, Voice of Dissent and Tawnos, Solemn Survivor)
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos

Captain William Riker 2UR
Legendary Creature - Human Bard
Thomas Riker - When Captain William Riker enters, if it wasn't cast and its name is Captain William Riker, create a token copy of this creature named Thomas Riker. The copy isn't legendary.
Warp in the factor of 5-6-7-8 - Whenever another creature you control attacks, you may pay wr. If you do, that creature can't be blocked this turn except by creatures with haste if it has haste. The same is true of first strike, double strike, and trample.
2/4

Tamiyo, eager researcher 2U
Legendary Creature - Moonfolk Wizard
When Tamiyo enters the battlefield, draw a card.
When you draw your fourth card in a turn, exile Tamiyo, and return it to the battlefield transformed.
2/2
//
Tamiyo, lunar scholar (UG color indicator)
Legendary Planeswalker - Tamiyo
+2 - Tap up to one target creature and put a stun counter on it.
-2 - Draw a card. If you control another green permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature for each card you've drawn this turn.
-7 - Until end of turn, you may pay rather than a spell's mana cost to cast that spell, where X is its mana cost. Spells you cast this turn cost 1 less for each card you've drawn this turn. Draw 3 cards.

Garak, plain and simple u
Legendary creature - alien citizen
1u: Garak becomes a 2/2 alien rogue with skulk and "when this creature deals combat damage to a player, scry 1 and they mill 1"
2UB: If Garak is a rogue, transform it.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."

1/1
//
Garak, dressed to kill (UB color indicator)
Legendary Creature - Alien Assassin
Skulk, When garak attacks and isn't blocked, the defending player loses 2 life.
When Garak deals combat damage to a player, scry 2 and that player mills 2.
1BB: Destroy target creature an opponent controls with mana value less than or equal to the number of permanent cards in its controller's graveyard.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."

2/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thanks for the win and I'll try to judge tomorrow if we get a couple more entries.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Chironex, the Stinging Blight
4{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Jellyfish (R)
Deathtouch
Whenever Chironex, the Stinging Blight deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, return up to one target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
Whenever a permanent is returned to an opponent's hand, that player loses 2 life.
2{G}: Chironex can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less this turn.
3/6

Karlo, the Blackmailer
2{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Vampire Citizen (R)
Menace, lifelink
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell or gain life, target opponent loses 3 life unless they pay {2} or .
2/4

Ugin, Tormented
Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
Kicker {U}{B}{R}
When Ugin, Tormented enters the battlefield, if Ugin was kicked, create a token that's a copy of Ugin, except its name is Memory of Bolas, its type is Bolas and its starting loyalty is 2.
+1: Draw a card, then if this planeswalker's type is Bolas, you discard a card and lose 1 life.
−2: Create a 2/2 colorless Spirit creature token with flying.
-4: Destroy target permanent that's one or more colors, then if this planeswalker's type is Bolas, that permanent's controller loses 4 life.
<5>

IIW: Sea slug
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

lookingupanddown

Assar, Touched by Penumbra 4GG
Legendary Creature - Troll Shaman (Uncommon)
Vigilance, ward 1
1G, : Assar, Touched by Penumbra gains indestructible until end of turn.
When Assar, Touched by Penumbra dies, create a 4/4 legendary black Troll Shaman named Assar of the Penumbra with vigilance, ward 1, and "1B, : Assar of the Penumbra gains indestructible until end of turn."
4/4

Sporegorger_Dragon

Bugjug, Nepenthes Janitor
1{G}
Legendary Creature - Plant (R)
Hexproof from enchantments
Disguise
When Bugjug, Nepenthes Janitor is turned face up, mill three cards. For each card milled this way, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token, then put a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to that card's mana value.
2/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Captain William Riker 2UR
Legendary Creature - Human Bard
Thomas Riker - When Captain William Riker enters, if it wasn't cast and its name is Captain William Riker, create a token copy of this creature named Thomas Riker. The copy isn't legendary.
Warp in the factor of 5-6-7-8 - Whenever another creature you control attacks, you may pay wr. If you do, that creature can't be blocked this turn except by creatures with haste if it has haste. The same is true of first strike, double strike, and trample.
2/4

Tamiyo, eager researcher 2U
Legendary Creature - Moonfolk Wizard
When Tamiyo enters the battlefield, draw a card.
When you draw your fourth card in a turn, exile Tamiyo, and return it to the battlefield transformed.
2/2
//
Tamiyo, lunar scholar (UG color indicator)
Legendary Planeswalker - Tamiyo
+2 - Tap up to one target creature and put a stun counter on it.
-2 - Draw a card. If you control another green permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature for each card you've drawn this turn.
-7 - Until end of turn, you may pay rather than a spell's mana cost to cast that spell, where X is its mana cost. Spells you cast this turn cost 1 less for each card you've drawn this turn. Draw 3 cards.

Garak, plain and simple u
Legendary creature - alien citizen
1u: Garak becomes a 2/2 alien rogue with skulk and "when this creature deals combat damage to a player, scry 1 and they mill 1"
2UB: If Garak is a rogue, transform it.
"Of all the stories you told me, which ones were true and which ones weren't?"
"My dear Doctor, they're all true."

1/1
//
Garak, dressed to kill (UB color indicator)
Legendary Creature - Alien Assassin
Skulk, When garak attacks and isn't blocked, the defending player loses 2 life.
When Garak deals combat damage to a player, scry 2 and that player mills 2.
1BB: Destroy target creature an opponent controls with mana value less than or equal to the number of permanent cards in its controller's graveyard.
"Even the lies?"
"Especially the lies."

2/4

These all have a heck of a lot of text, and I don't think that's how I would go about encapsulating Riker's character in a card, unless this is a LOTR situation where every major character gets several cards. Tamiyo is neat and all and I'd be happy if this were her card in MH3 but I just don't really like seeing pure speculation as custom designs. Garak is one of my favorite characters and Figure of Destiny is one of my favorite cards, but wow, this might be the textiest of them all.
1 month ago
Chironex, the Stinging Blight
4{U}{B}
Legendary Creature - Jellyfish (R)
Deathtouch
Whenever Chironex, the Stinging Blight deals combat damage to a player or planeswalker, return up to one target nonland permanent to its owner's hand.
Whenever a permanent is returned to an opponent's hand, that player loses 2 life.
2{G}: Chironex can't be blocked by creatures with power 2 or less this turn.
3/6

Karlo, the Blackmailer
2{B}{B}
Legendary Creature - Vampire Citizen (R)
Menace, lifelink
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell or gain life, target opponent loses 3 life unless they pay {2} or .
2/4

Ugin, Tormented
Legendary Planeswalker - Ugin (M)
Kicker {U}{B}{R}
When Ugin, Tormented enters the battlefield, if Ugin was kicked, create a token that's a copy of Ugin, except its name is Memory of Bolas, its type is Bolas and its starting loyalty is 2.
+1: Draw a card, then if this planeswalker's type is Bolas, you discard a card and lose 1 life.
−2: Create a 2/2 colorless Spirit creature token with flying.
-4: Destroy target permanent that's one or more colors, then if this planeswalker's type is Bolas, that permanent's controller loses 4 life.
<5>

All good stuff, with that wild and flavorful Ugin design standing out. As far as enabling new themes, however, I have to give props to Chironex. Karlo is... well, a bit swingy. If your opponent can't pay white or black mana, Smiting Helix suddenly turns into a possible 18 damage. The way I'd do it would be to have you pay {W/B} when it triggers to have an opponent lose the life unless they pay 2, as more of an extort homage. Once again, though, that Ugin/Bolas design is plain smart.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 month ago
Assar, Touched by Penumbra 4GG
Legendary Creature - Troll Shaman (Uncommon)
Vigilance, ward 1
1G, : Assar, Touched by Penumbra gains indestructible until end of turn.
When Assar, Touched by Penumbra dies, create a 4/4 legendary black Troll Shaman named Assar of the Penumbra with vigilance, ward 1, and "1B, : Assar of the Penumbra gains indestructible until end of turn."
4/4

I remember the penumbra creatures well so this is a nice nostalgia nod for me. The pseudo-resurrection ability being an actual T, rather than just having a "tap it" clause, reads really oddly. Not the most innovative design, as it's mostly just a resilient beater, but ultimately it's a fun uncommon legend imo.
1 month ago
Bugjug, Nepenthes Janitor
1{G}
Legendary Creature - Plant (R)
Hexproof from enchantments
Disguise
When Bugjug, Nepenthes Janitor is turned face up, mill three cards. For each card milled this way, create a 0/1 green Plant creature token, then put a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to that card's mana value.
2/2

This just feels a bit slapdash - why the hexproof from enchantments? Just not doing it for me.

Winner: @Sporegorger_Dragon for the three.
Next: Sea slug

Sporegorger_Dragon

Thanks for the win!
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
This just feels a bit slapdash - why the hexproof from enchantments? Just not doing it for me.
Meant to be a riff on Dogwalker. Hexproof from enchantments because I wanted to convey the ability to sneak around/go behind the scenes/go unnoticed, but without using evasion. And doubling up on ward (with the ward from disguise) might be a bit confusing.

chetoos

1 month ago
Thanks for the win!
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Meant to be a riff on Dogwalker. Hexproof from enchantments because I wanted to convey the ability to sneak around/go behind the scenes/go unnoticed, but without using evasion. And doubling up on ward (with the ward from disguise) might be a bit confusing.
Would a sea snail design work?

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Would a sea snail design work?
Hmmm, I'm interested in seeing what you have in mind so I'll allow it.

chetoos

Gary, brilliance in dreamsU
Legendary Creature - Snail (U)
Whenever Gary becomes tapped, you may put a stun counter on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Gary is tapped, scry 2, and draw a card.
"Did you think my shell was full of hot air?" - Dream Gary
0/2

IIW: speculation for the sets this year (thunder junction, bloomburrow, Duskmourn: House of Horror)
Last edited by chetoos 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 month ago

Dang next page drop off
Show
Hide
Karn, Timeless Golem 5
Legendary Artifact Creature - Golem
Whenever you cast an artifact spell from anywhere other than your hand, create a 0/0 colorless Construct artifact creature token with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control." Activate this ability only once per turn.
2U, Sacrifice a nontoken artifact: Search your library for an artifact card, exile that card and put a time counter on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend. Then shuffle.
1W: Exile target artifact card from your hand and put three time counters on it. If it doesn't have suspend, it gains suspend.
Suspend 2 - WU
3/4
Visions of Gastropods UB
Art is a POV of slugs climbing all over the viewer's arms and hands.
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top three cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on top of your library in any order. Then target player discards a card. If cast from anywhere but hand, create a 1/1 black Slug token with Deathtouch.
Madness 1UB

IIW: Make a card for Modern Horizons
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

lookingupanddown

Glittering Nudibranch U
Creature - Slug (U)
2U, : Goad target creature. Activate only as a sorcery.
"Pretty, isn't it? Have to fight off a surprising amount of people for a tiny little aquarium ornament that needs to be fed. Still have to sometimes."
—Leovold

0/2

Sporegorger_Dragon

*walks out of the sea, fully-clothed and dripping wet, but it's revealed I'm stepping out of an exhibit at the public aquarium*

Now then, on to it.
chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Gary, brilliance in dreamsU
Legendary Creature - Snail (U)
Whenever Gary becomes tapped, you may put a stun counter on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Gary is tapped, scry 2, and draw a card.
"Did you think my shell was full of hot air?" - Dream Gary
0/2

IIW: speculation for the sets this year (thunder junction, bloomburrow, Duskmourn: House of Horror)
Hmm, interesting design space. Notably the first ability triggers only on tapping, so proliferating and other counter manipulation are the only way to keep the value engine rolling. But I like the fact I can use blue's "freeze" auras to prevent Gary from untapping as well.
Ulka wrote:
1 month ago
Visions of Gastropods UB
Art is a POV of slugs climbing all over the viewer's arms and hands.
Sorcery (U)
Look at the top three cards of your library. Put one of them into your hand and the rest on top of your library in any order. Then target player discards a card. If cast from anywhere but hand, create a 1/1 black Slug token with Deathtouch.
Madness 1UB

Well, I like the effects and visuals, but the standard effect feels a little too much for just {U}{B}, ie without the token. Maybe swap the madness and regular cost? Makes for something for exciting, I think.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 month ago
Glittering Nudibranch U
Creature - Slug (U)
2U, : Goad target creature. Activate only as a sorcery.
"Pretty, isn't it? Have to fight off a surprising amount of people for a tiny little aquarium ornament that needs to be fed. Still have to sometimes."
—Leovold

0/2

Props to submitting something is explicitly a sea-slug! I like this despite its simplicity.

All right, I liked all three, but I enjoyed the idea suggested by the flavor text of Glittering Nudibranch, so the winner is:
lookingupanddown

Next:
Phantasmal _____

chetoos

Phantasmal invasion 1UU
Battle - Siege
Whenever this battle becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.
When this enters the battlefield, put a phantasm counter on up to 3 target creatures. As long as they have Phantasm counters on them, they have "whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
//
Phantasmal victory
Sorcery
Exile each creature you don't control with a phantasm counter on it.
Put a phantasm counter on each creature you don't control. As long as they have Phantasm counters on them, they have "whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

Last edited by chetoos 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 month ago

Phantasmal Resurrection U
Sorcery
Choose a creature in your graveyard. You lose life equal to its mana value. Create a token that's a copy of that card except it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Phantasmal Overlord 4UU
Creature - Illusion Avatar (M)
Phantasmal Overlord's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand plus the number of Illusions you control.
2U, Discard an Illusion card: Draw three cards.
When Phantasmal Overlord becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it. If you do, draw seven cards.
*/*

IIW: Nonflying Faeries

Sporegorger_Dragon

Phantasmal Hippocamp
2{U}
Creature - Illusion Horse Fish (C)
Flying
When Phantasmal Hippocamp becomes the target of a spell, sacrifice it.
Disguise 1{U}
3/1

IIW: Nonred Goblins

lookingupanddown

chetoos wrote:
1 month ago
Phantasmal invasion 1UU
Battle - Siege
Whenever this battle becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it.
When this enters the battlefield, put a phantasm counter on up to 3 target creatures. As long as they have Phantasm counters on them, they have "whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."
//
Phantasmal victory
Sorcery
Exile each creature you don't control with a phantasm counter on it.
Put a phantasm counter on each creature you don't control. As long as they have Phantasm counters on them, they have "whenever this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

Plus points for the Battle, but minus points for the confusing bit about burn spells interacting with this. Phantasm counters are an interesting concept overall though.
Ulka wrote:
1 month ago
Phantasmal Resurrection U
Sorcery
Choose a creature in your graveyard. You lose life equal to its mana value. Create a token that's a copy of that card except it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it."

I have no idea if this fits in color pie, but it's a genius adaptation of Reanimate. Bit stronger than I'd like, but I don't know if there's a fair cost for this effect that won't gut its power entirely.
void_nothing wrote:
1 month ago
Phantasmal Overlord 4UU
Creature - Illusion Avatar (M)
Phantasmal Overlord's power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand plus the number of Illusions you control.
2U, Discard an Illusion card: Draw three cards.
When Phantasmal Overlord becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it. If you do, draw seven cards.
*/*

IIW: Nonflying Faeries
That last ability is some powerful protection. The second ability looks like it'll conflict with the part where this card gets power from Illusions, but I doubt that part will contribute much with the play patterns this encourages.
1 month ago
Phantasmal Hippocamp
2{U}
Creature - Illusion Horse Fish (C)
Flying
When Phantasmal Hippocamp becomes the target of a spell, sacrifice it.
Disguise 1{U}
3/1

IIW: Nonred Goblins
And finally, someone tries to get around the Illusion ability. Great use of Disguise, would draft a couple just to flip the tempo in the late-game.

HM: Phantasmal Hippocamp by Sporegorger_Dragon
Winner: Phantasmal Resurrection by Ulka

Next: Make a card for Modern Horizons

lookingupanddown

Routine Surveillance 1UU
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Surveil 2.
Cipher (Then you may exile this spell card encoded on a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player, its controller may cast a copy of the encoded card without paying its mana cost.)
Transmute 1UU

Krasis Grafter 2GU
Creature - Elf Ooze Wizard (Rare)
Graft 3
Evolve
Adapt X XGU
2, : Move two +1/+1 counters from Krasis Grafter onto another target creature.
1/1

IIW: a good boy or a good girl

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”