Ruiner
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ruiner » 2 years ago

Eloise, Nephalia Sleuth

Eloise, Nephalia Sleuth

Misc. Instants & Sorceries

Approximate Total Cost:

About The Deck

This is a deck I've been messing with for a little while with a variety of ways to win and eliminate opponents. I had been wanting to make a Clue based deck for quite a while and finally with the release of Eloise, Nephalia Sleuth I saw a commander that seemed interesting enough to build in that vein. Also, this deck lets you make a lot of dumb comments regarding solving cases and swearing to find out who killed your creatures as you put clues on the board, which may get laughs or eyerolls.

Common win conditions for this deck are: You generally are not locked into pursuing any path in particular so you can approach the game from a few angles potentially. You could certainly adjust the decklist to your own preferences to lean more heavily towards one of these ways to win.

March of the Machines combined with an effect like Zulaport Cutthroat while Eloise is on the board creates an infinite life loss loop for your opponents. March of the Machines animates any zero cost artifact instantly making it a 0/0 that dies, which triggers Eloise to make a Clue, which becomes a 0/0 creature that dies, and this repeats infinitely and can only be interrupted by removing either March of the Machines or Eloise (there is no part of this loop that is optional). There are a few dangers associated with approaching this path to victory. If an opponent interrupts the loop by removing your "life loss" component, the loop still continues infinitely bringing the game to a draw unless someone else has another piece of removal. If opponents stop the loop by eliminating both Eloise and your "life loss" component, then you are locked out of replaying your commander until you can deal with your own March of the Machines, or play another "life loss" component followed by Eloise (in that order). I do not have March of the Machines in the deck, although it was in earlier versions, because of the amount of games I ended up with the card just sitting in my hand unable to utilize it because I don't hardcore lean into the aristocrats strategy, and I did not enjoy having an essentially dead card sitting in my hand when it could have been something else. If you made this path your main goal and really focused on the aristocrats angle, I could totally see including this. If your playgroup is low on interaction, this would be be totally viable as well. My playgroup tends to be high on interaction overall, so this doesn't work for me as well without a pretty significant shift in the deck I believe.

This deck tends to do fairly well, although it is very much still in the tinkering phase with little adjustments made pretty often.
Last edited by Ruiner 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 2 years ago

yeti1069 wrote:
2 years ago
I'll suggest adding Nadier's Nightblade to backup Marionette Master.
I've definitely considered it previously and have a copy set aside in my pile of cards to possibly try. Being able to get incidental damage off for just using the various artifact tokens could add up.

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 1 year ago

Made a few changes due to cards released somewhat recently:

Added Cards
+1 Braids, Arisen Nightmare
+1 Black Market Connections
+1 Plaza of Heroes
+1 Scavenger Grounds
+1 Takenuma, Abandoned Mire
+1 Otawara, Soaring City

Removed Cards
-1 Master of Etherium
-1 Trail of Evidence
-2 Island
-2 Swamp

Braids, Arisen Nightmare has been really good in this deck. Having a steady stream of artifact tokens makes it likely to have opponents choose to give you a card and lose 2 life, unless they happen to be on a disposable artifact token gameplan as well.

It is likely I will be updating this deck again very soon with the Warhammer 40,000 commander decks coming out and the Imperium deck having some clue support. Inquisitor Eisenhorn is practically guaranteed to find a spot I'm sure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”